PDA

View Full Version : Help in Optimization

Hiro
2012-05-11, 11:07 AM
I've got a build for a character in a game coming soon

Lvl 14
5d6 for stats (drop the lowest two)
Any booksave Dungeonscape and Miniatures Handbook excluded.

The character I have currently is a:

Race: Human
Class: Ninja 5/Fighter 4/Swordsage 2/Scout 3

Stats:

Str: 16
Dex: 18
Con: 17
Int: 16
Wis: 16
Cha: 16

Yeah I tend to roll quite good with that arrangement. It can also be done just not as well with 32-point buy I Just like having higher base stats for teh truly "epic" character feel.

So far my feats look like this:

Power Attack
Weapon Focus (Longspear)
Martial Stalker
Leap to the Heavens
Swift Ambusher
Leap Attack
Shoft Haft
Improved Initiative
Telling Blow

Trying to make a Dragoon/Lancer type shout out to Final Fantasy Tactics.

Any help?

Aeryr
2012-05-11, 11:20 AM
Here (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872838/Little_Red_Raiding_Hood:_A_Tale_of_38;_Guide_to_th e_3.5_Dragoon) help yourself.

I hope you find something useful :smallsmile:

Person_Man
2012-05-11, 04:36 PM
My 2 cp:

At ECL 14ish, you're better off with Swordsage 14 or Warblade 14 or Base Class(es) 5/Prestige Class 9ish. 7th+ level maneuvers and stances (or spells, or powers, or verstiges, etc) are much more powerful then bonus Feats and/or precision damage that you might get from heavy mutliclassing.
When you look at any build from a metagame perspective, keep in mind that you don't need multiple sources of bonus damage, or bonus damage in the triple digits. You just need one source of bonus damage that you can activate reliably. Your DM is not a computer, with pre-set encounters with a certain number of hit points. After your bonus damage gets beyond a certain point, your DM just makes enemies harder to kill, and/or adds more enemies. Throwing all/most of your resources (Feats, class abilities, etc) into one combo (high damage) is thus a waste.
Weapon Focus (Longspear), Martial Stalker, Swift Ambusher, Shoft Haft, and Telling Blow are very weak Feat options. Leap of the Heavens is not very useful at that ECL, because a generic cheap Ring of Jumping can give you +10, and/or an Item Familiar can give you your character level +3. And the math on Power Attack/Leap Attack/etc works best with a full BAB build. If you want a full BAB build with offensive maneuvers, use Warblade.
If homebrew is on the table, you may wish to consider the Vanguard (in my signature).