PDA

View Full Version : Moons Of eberron

CmdrZeroC
2012-05-11, 04:39 PM
After my character, A lawful evil, lvl 10 shifter ranger, finished thoroughly abusing a Giants Scepter of Wonders :smallbiggrin:. All powers and abilities i acquired were locked away till the moon of the scepter's spirit moon passes. Does anyone know which moon that might be?

Water_Bear
2012-05-11, 05:31 PM
Just hope it isn't Xoriat. :smalltongue:

But yeah, you're best bet is Thelanis, seeing as it has the most to do with Chaos/Arcane magic, which fits a Rod of Wonder like a glove.

CmdrZeroC
2012-05-11, 05:49 PM
Yeah, when you have 30 days of off time, a scepter of wonders and a necklace of second chances, you have to potential to piss off a lot of people.:smallamused:

CmdrZeroC
2012-05-11, 08:04 PM
Anyone know what book i can find them in.

Water_Bear
2012-05-11, 08:11 PM
Rod of Wonder is in the SRD (I assume "Scepter of Wonder" is a typo). Thelanis and the other moons are described in the Eberron Campaign Setting.

Be careful with the Rod of Wonder, it can really mess you up if you aren't an expert with it (Wild Mage FTW). Still, some of the most fun I've ever had as a player was as a Chaotic Stupid Sorcerer/Wild Mage who spammed Rod of Wonder every time he got desperate/scared/drunk/bored/philosophical.

Good luck, and bring us all some cool stories. :smallcool:

CmdrZeroC
2012-05-11, 08:46 PM
Actually that's how i pissed off the spirit. I would use the Rod of Wonders, if something came up that i didn't like i would use the Necklace of Second Chances (it turns back time 1 turn, negating any actions that took place.) you do something like that 30 time and... well yeah the problem i have.

AslanCross
2012-05-11, 09:19 PM
Just hope it isn't Xoriat. :smalltongue:

But yeah, you're best bet is Thelanis, seeing as it has the most to do with Chaos/Arcane magic, which fits a Rod of Wonder like a glove.

There might be a bit of confusion here. The moons of Eberron are not the same as the planes of Eberron.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ebds/20050307a

The moons have the same names as the months, and have influence over the Dragonmarks. The planes are entirely different, apart from orbiting the Material plane in the same way that the moons orbit the planet.

Worira
2012-05-11, 09:30 PM
The correct answer is "ask your DM".

CmdrZeroC
2012-05-11, 10:32 PM
Oddly enough I managed to acquire two dragonmarks fooling around with the rod.
As for asking my DM. This stuff was retconed, so if I know my DM, I'll get my powers will come back when we level up. Which would be after the campaign.