PDA

View Full Version : Waterdeep [Sandbox] OOC



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

crimson77
2012-05-11, 04:45 PM
Welcome to the OOC thread.

Below is the recruiting information.



Sandbox d20 Core Campaign

0 out of 4 Players Accepted
Please read all of the following carefully

Background
The campaign will be in a city with a similar flavor to Waterdeep; however, this is a generic campaign and will not use the Faerûn world or Forgotten Realms campaign materials. Some material flavor might be found within this game such as political structure but it will also be different than the "traditional" Realms feel.

I will be calling the city Waterdeep. Players will be starting out together as a party. They together must collectively come up with how they met. Players will be starting out with only the clothing on their backs. They might be originally from Waterdeep but they have been away for sometime or they are coming to the city after being raised elsewhere.

Big 16

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)? D20 SRD - Only using D20SRD.org

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)? Core only. Sandbox game.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many? 4 players.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)? This forum

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)? 1st level

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with? The players start with the clothing on their back.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes? core only

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species? No monster races

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points? Elite Array

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
no alignments. Character's actions are focused on their personality type and any morals from their back story that influence their personality.
11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?Core only

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them? forum dice rolls only.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules. No alignment. Group initiative. (see below)

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)? The back story has more to do with the characters personality and morals than a traditional backstory.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above? A little of all of the above.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters? Just use the core rules for D20

Important Game Information

Player Requirements
Players must be 18+ (25+ preferred). No offense to younger players, but I do not play with minors.
Players must be comfortable using d20 rules
If you are into power gaming, this is not the campaign for you.
My campaigns are about 50% role playing and 50% combat.
Players should realize that not every encounter should end with combat.
Preference will be given to players that have participated in my previous campaigns.
Players should be able to post at least once a day Monday through Friday (or 3x/week). If you are going to be unable to post for a few days please let us know in OOC and indicate who should player your character when you are gone.
If you want to be considered for this campaign, please post just a character idea/description/backstory. *Please do not create a character sheet prior to being accepted into the game. I hate to feel that I wasted someones time.

Character Creation
Stats use elite array 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8.
For Hit Points (HP), players can either choose: 1.) Max 1st level and roll for each additional levels. 2.) Max 1st level and average for additional levels. *However, players cannot do a combination of both.
All classes, races, skills, spells, feats, and items from non-SRD will not be allowed
Monster races are not allowed.
I do not use alignment; I see it as a flawed system. All characters must be pro-social in nature. No anti-social or psychopathic characters allowed. However, characters can be selfish or self-serving.
No special abilities/hindrances will be granted in back story.
Party can be comprised of any make up of classes (e.g., you can have 4 clerics if you wish).
The party will be starting out knowing each other as started above.
I do not like how the magic system works in pbp games. Therefore, I have made a few changes as outlined below. One major change is that wizards and sorcerers have been combined into one class.
Every post made in character must have your characters basic stats (eg, HP, AC, etc an have a link to your character sheet.

Game Style / House Rules
All humanoid creatures (including Elves) need to sleep for eight hours.
I use a reformed initiative system. I use a party initiative system (no weapon speed). Thus PCs and encounters alternate (i.e., group initiative). Characters go in the order of their posts. Thus, you could go 1st the first round and 3rd the second round. The rational behind this is to allow players to post when they can and not wait for another player to post. This greatly speeds up combat and waiting times for players. I update after all the players have posted or after 24 hours have passed which ever is first (in less it is a weekend).
All punches do 1d3 damage and are considered nonlethal damage in less the PC is trained in lethal fighting or wearing gantlets.
Please bold and color your characters verbal speech (and use quotes with a consistent color): "Die vermin!" For internal speaking please color and italicize: Maybe I should open the door first.
When you post, please post in a manner that someone can reply to. In play-by-post games there is often not time to discuss who should open the door (like in table top) please take the initiative and just open the door. No one has fun when the group stands around in a room waiting for another to take the initiative to do something. I try very hard not to punish initiative taking. Remember your character could also prompt another to do an action in your post. For instance, you could post: Raynor looks around the room and sees little of value. He sighs to himself knowing that they will have to push further into the dungeon to find the gem. He looks at the only door in the room, a sturdy iron door. "Stephen, check the door to see if the vermin that live here have trapped it to slow our progress." He patiently waits for Stephen to check the door for traps and to see if it is locked. If the door is locked he will wait patiently for Stephan to try to open it before proceeding to smash it down. If the door is not trapped or locked he will open it and proceed into the next room.
When posting in combat, roll the dice and then edit your post for the outcome of your rolls. Remember you cannot edit in another roll after you have submitted a post. Please do not delete your post if you roll poorly. Also do not change the order of your dice by editing in your post. If you get a critical hit then double post your second roll or post it in IC.
I personally hate the D&D alignment system because it deals in absolutes. I think that intentions and hindsight often color how we interpret good and evil. Thus, not every NPC might have evil intention but make evil actions. Therefore any detect alignment spells/abilities do not function. They are replaced with detecting imminent threat.
Any chance I get I try to speed up times when we can get caught up in irreverent details. This primarily came out of spending two week discussing the nightly watch order before the characters went to bed. *This can be a quick way for a game to lose momentum. Therefore, I will sometimes make assumptions of what your characters are doing. Thus, at night there will be someone on watch and if I have an encounter planned for that night, I will randomly choose when and who is on watch. I try at all times to judge wat decisions your characters' would be making. This includes marching order. If you ever have a preference, then please state it and that will be the norm for your character.
The wizard and sorcerer classes have been combined into one class such that the sorcerer class has been removed. Thus, players can choose to use the wizard class with this modification. Wizards must spend time reviewing spells each morning; however, they can cast any spell they know without preparation similar to sorcerers. In a similar manner, clerics, druids, and other spell casting characters can also cast spells in this manner.
I use a different critical hit system to increase lethality and realistic fighting.

Miscellaneous
I am not a fan of PMs. This is especially true for in character actions. If you have a question please just write it in OOC. If you do not want other players to use it against you then post it in a spoiler (this includes any IC actions). The only exception to this would be OOC conflict between players. If you feel that a player is harassing you IC/OOC/PM then please PM me.
Please do not PM me with character creation questions. It is never fun to answer one question via PM and then have someone PM you the very same or similar question. Please post all character creation questions in OOC.
If you are not going to be able to post (or view the boards) for longer than a day (in less it is a weekend) for what ever reason (e.g., extra work, vacation, schedule change) then please let us all know. If a player stops responding for a week (without prior warning) they will be dropped from the game. However, I do know that events outside our own control do occur, just let us know when you get the chance. If you are going to be gone for more than a few days then please ask another player to run your character for you while you are absent. If no player is specified I will do their actions. I must note, that I frequently have characters stand around and only act in life of death situations. Thus, if you want your character to actually do something then ask someone else to run them for you.

Death, Dying, and Critical Hits

Death and Dying
Instead of characters dying at 0 (or -10 HP depending on the system) Hit points are now considered to be encounter specific and regained 1 hp / hour after an encounter. All HP can be regained after a proper night rest. However, if a character reaches 0 HP they fall to the ground and then must roll upon the fate table and face the consequences.

{table]Roll |Fate
1 |Second Wind: Characters are considered to be at 1 HP and can act normally.
2 |Conscious but unable to stand. Can still crawl and do minor actions (e.g., drink a potion); any strenuous activity (using a weapon, standing, etc) will result in losing consciousness if a save is failed.
3 |Unconscious until the battle is over or they are given a healing potion.
4 |Unconscious and Severely wounded: the character rolls a saving throw [roll: fort save (3.5e), system shock (2e), save W&S]. If they succeed they are unconscious and bleeding; they will die in 3d6 rounds without intervention. If they fail, roll location (see table below) their limb is unusable for the remainder of the day (until magically healed), dazed (head injury: -4 to attacks/AC for the day), or paralyzed from the waist down (torso: unable to stand or walk) until magically healed. Characters will bleed out in 2d6 rounds without intervention.
5 |Unconscious with the threat of Potential death (torso/head) or limb severed [roll: fort save (3.5e), system shock (2e), save W&S] if character succeeds they are in shock / 0 hp losing [dmg done]/round (head/torso) or their limb is unusable (see crippling wound). If fail, character dies (head/torso) in 1d6 rounds or their limb is severed (must stop bleeding within 1d4 rounds or die). [Note: consult location table below to determine the location of the severe wound]
6 | Death - the character cannot be revived without the use of powerful magic (e.g., raise dead, resurrection, etc)[/table]

Critical Hits
When you make an attack roll and get a natural 20 (the d20 shows 20), you hit regardless of your target’s Armor Class, and you have scored a threat. The hit might be a critical hit (or "crit"). To find out if it’s a critical hit, you immediately make a critical roll—another attack roll with all the same modifiers as the attack roll you just made. If the critical roll also results in a hit against the target’s AC, your original hit is a critical hit. (The critical roll just needs to hit to give you a crit. It doesn’t need to come up 20 again.) If the critical roll is a miss, then your hit is just a regular hit. Characters who reach 0 HP must finish rolling on the critical table and then must roll on the fate table above.

A critical hit means that you roll 1d6 on the location table and 1d6 on the severity table. Roll your normal damage and add appropriate multipliers.

{table]Roll|Location
1 |Right Leg
2 |Left Leg
3 |Right Arm
4 |Left Arm
5 |Torso
6 |Head[/table]

{table]Roll |Severity
1 |Flesh Wound (1x dmg)
2 |Critical Wound (2x dmg)
3 |Impairing Wound (2x dmg) all actions taken with limb suffer from -4, restricted (1/2) movement (torso/legs), concentration problem -4 to all actions (head)
4 |Crippling Wound (2x dmg) limb is unusable (arms), prone (torso/legs), or blinded (head) for the rest of battle [DM discretion: character loses 1 round due to wound]
5 |Potential death (torso/head) or limb severed [roll: fort save (3.5e), system shock (2e), save W&S] if character succeeds they are in shock / 0 hp losing [dmg done]/round (head/torso) or their limb is unusable (see crippling wound). If fail, character dies (head/torso) in 1d6 rounds or their limb is severed (must stop bleeding within 1d4 rounds or die).
6 |Death (torso/head) / Limb severed (must stop bleeding within 1d4 rounds or die). [/table]

Accepted players
1. Fungusamnguss32 – Half-orc monk
2. Quakes – Elf Wizard
3.*
4.*
Alternate 1.*
Alternate 2.*





Character |
Player |
Info
:smallannoyed: Lil' Edward (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=399342) | AsDeR | Short dirty rogue
:smallwink: Ort (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398661) | fungusamnguss32 | Half-orc Philosomonk
:smallamused: Jeffrey Godson (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=355080) | Godgoblin | Drunken grandpa Priest
:smallfrown: Trent (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398459) | Quakes | Elf Pirate-mage-gambler
:smallconfused: Timmaeus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398744) | Oceanogler | Hippie Terrorist
:smallfurious: Jadzik (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398526) | ninthbit | Anger-issued psy-human
Lilella (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=400687) | AngelEyes23 | Pink-Gloved Elf thief

crimson77
2012-05-11, 05:09 PM
Here is the idea I am working with for divine casters. The premises is that a divine figure calls upon their god for help. Now, not all requests are granted but there is a likelihood it will be done.

Divine Caster House Rule

Casters can cast spontaniously the number of spells from their list as indicated in their "spells per day." However, the god might not alway approve of the spell, the timing of the spell, or devoutness/prayer of the divine caster (left to player for fluff).

When calling upon the god to cast a spell, the divine caster will try to cast the spell. They roll 1d20 + [wis mod] + [PC LVL] and compare this against [DC] 10 + [Spell LVL]. Thus, as they grow in levels they are more likely to be listened to by the god. Now, only if they cast the spell do they use a "spell per day." In non-combat or timed periods, the caster can take a 10 (but not a 20) on this check suggesting they have the time to give extra for prayer.

Now, if a caster is out of "spells per day" or they want to cast a spell outside of their domain [or class] they can try to petition the deity for help [in a written prayer]. The caster will then roll 1d20 + [wis mod] + [PC LVL] and compare this against [DC] 20 + [2x Spell LVL]. They can only do this once per day and cannot take a 10 or 20 on the roll. If they succeed the spell works normally. If they fail, nothing happens (good situation) or the god is angered (bad situation). The caster must have any material components needed for the spell and cannot [normally] cast a spell that is higher spell level then they can cast [I might allow for special circumstances but high change of angering the god!]

---
Let me know what you think.

ninthbit
2012-05-11, 05:18 PM
Did we lock down who's old vs transfer?
OP shows its 3 and 3.

fungusamnguss32
2012-05-11, 05:18 PM
I like this. Personally though, Im glad Ort is a "punch-em-in-tha-face" kind of guy lol

crimson77
2012-05-11, 05:21 PM
Did we lock down who's old vs transfer?
OP shows its 3 and 3.

Completely up to you. You can be transferred from another cell in this jail or from outside, or be one who remained in the cell.

fungusamnguss32
2012-05-11, 05:29 PM
I put all basic char info in my sig. I can change it later on as needed but this way I dont have to type it all in everytime I post. Today/tonight Im on my PC in a truck stop on wifi so pretty easy to take care of now. Let me know if this works for you crimson

edit- also, would you be willing to put together a list of all the chars with name, class, race? just to have a reference point

crimson77
2012-05-11, 05:41 PM
I put all basic char info in my sig. I can change it later on as needed but this way I dont have to type it all in everytime I post. Today/tonight Im on my PC in a truck stop on wifi so pretty easy to take care of now. Let me know if this works for you crimson

Works for me. As long as there is a stat block per page I am usually good. Just hard to find things like AC get annoying if I have to dig through pages of posts to find. You can also post a link with your name for the sheet

Ort (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398661)

Quote this post to see how to do it.

fungusamnguss32
2012-05-11, 05:48 PM
cool. ty. I will also probably need some help when i comes to doing die rolls too. ive read a little on it but never done it before. sig edited to be more functional

crimson77
2012-05-11, 06:07 PM
cool. ty. I will also probably need some help when i comes to doing die rolls too. ive read a little on it but never done it before. sig edited to be more functional

Feel free to try here in OOC to get the hang of it.

fungusamnguss32
2012-05-11, 06:20 PM
Well I understand the syntax of it. Thats pretty simple. What Im really more curious about is your preferences on how you want us to include them. Like should we include the dice rolls in the content of our posts or at the bottom or what?

1d6+3
1d20+5

Quakes
2012-05-11, 06:56 PM
Testing for stat block

crimson77
2012-05-11, 07:31 PM
Well I understand the syntax of it. Thats pretty simple. What Im really more curious about is your preferences on how you want us to include them. Like should we include the dice rolls in the content of our posts or at the bottom or what?

[roll0]
[roll1]

Either/or
As long as it is clear what is happening. Often it is best to roll and then discuss the content in your post by editing. You can't add a roll or remove a roll after you initially post.

You get the error you did.

crimson77
2012-05-11, 07:32 PM
Testing for stat block

Don't fee you have to have a stat block in your sig.

crimson77
2012-05-11, 08:08 PM
"Well, I'm glad I'm not in here for long. What did you gents to do earn a stay in the lockup?
Small style thing. Can you guys bold your talking with color. I sometimes have trouble telling the difference if it is just colored. Thanks.

Oceanogler
2012-05-12, 06:46 AM
Made a list of characters and players so it's nice and easy to remember who's who:

Characters:

Jadzik (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398526), Human Male Psychic Warrior (ninthbit)
Timmaeus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398744), Half-Elf Male Druid (Oceanogler)
Ort (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398661), Half-Orc Male Monk (fungusamnguss32)
Trent (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398459), Elf Male Wizard (Quakes)
Jeffrey Godson (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=355080), Human Male Cleric (Quakes)

(Edward, Human Male Rogue (AsDeR)) ← No sheet for him, don't know if he's in or not.

Plus statblock test:
Statblock + Sheet
Timmaeus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398744)

Str: 8 (-1), Dex: 12 (+1), Con: 10 (+0), Int: 13 (+1), Wis: 15 (+2), Cha: 14 (+2)
AC: 11, HP: 8/8, Fort: +2, Ref: +1, Will: +4
Listen: +3, Spot: +3

crimson77
2012-05-12, 11:43 AM
Made a list of characters and players so it's nice and easy to remember who's who:

Characters:

Jadzik (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398526), Human Male Psychic Warrior (ninthbit)
Timmaeus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398744), Half-Elf Male Druid (Oceanogler)
Ort (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398661), Half-Orc Male Monk (fungusamnguss32)
Trent (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398459), Elf Male Wizard (Quakes)
Jeffrey Godson (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=355080), Human Male Cleric (Quakes)

(Edward, Human Male Rogue (AsDeR)) ← No sheet for him, don't know if he's in or not.

Plus statblock test:
Statblock + Sheet
Timmaeus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398744)

Str: 8 (-1), Dex: 12 (+1), Con: 10 (+0), Int: 13 (+1), Wis: 15 (+2), Cha: 14 (+2)
AC: 11, HP: 8/8, Fort: +2, Ref: +1, Will: +4
Listen: +3, Spot: +3
Thanks for doing this. I have heard no word from Asder. We will see if he shows up.

ninthbit
2012-05-12, 01:13 PM
I'm sure asder will show. Him and I are in a different game together. His personal life likely just got a little busy.

Btw, does the signature fulfil your requirements? I listed everything I think a dm would want quick access to.

crimson77
2012-05-12, 02:33 PM
I'm sure asder will show. Him and I are in a different game together. His personal life likely just got a little busy.

Btw, does the signature fulfil your requirements? I listed everything I think a dm would want quick access to.

Looks good to me.

Thanks for the update on Asder. :)

GodGoblin
2012-05-13, 12:40 PM
Divine casting looks good, will make IC post soon. Stat block in sig also!

crimson77
2012-05-13, 09:02 PM
Divine casting looks good, will make IC post soon. Stat block in sig also!

Awesome. If we need to tweak the divine casting let me know. We will see how it goes for now.

ninthbit
2012-05-13, 09:48 PM
So I see it like this, if anyone disagrees, speak up. :smallwink:

Existing residence of the Waterdeep Prison:
Timmaeus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398744), Half-Elf Male Druid (Oceanogler)
Hippie Terrorist sound about right? :smallbiggrin:

Trent (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398459), Elf Male Wizard (Quakes)
Ran a betting game, rich guy was a sore loser and guess who the guard trusted.

Jeffrey Godson (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=355080), Human Male Cleric (QuakesGodgoblin )
Drunken priest who likes whores and beating the guard.


Transfers from River's Fork (trading town up river from Waterdeep):
Jadzik (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398526), Human Male Psychic Warrior (ninthbit)
From a monastery near River's Fork. Was in training to be a monk to control rage issues, but was kicked out before mastering the training. (think of him as becoming a 0-level monk that's independent training has taken him the route of a psychic warrior. Incarcerated for sleeping with the wife of a River's Fork politician and then beating him.

Ort (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398661), Half-Orc Male Monk (fungusamnguss32)
Incarcerated for murder beating a man to near death, crippling him, then voluntarily turned himself in. While sharing a cell, Jadzik taught him the 0-level monk training he knew, mostly metaphysical power of meditation. Ort took to a more traditional monk path.

Edward, Human Male Rogue (AsDeR) - Sheet pending
Human suffering from stunted growth due to his meager upbringing. Long time friend of Ort. Already incarcerated by his own choice. He likes the chow and free house keeping.



Sound right?

crimson77
2012-05-14, 12:28 AM
So I see it like this, if anyone disagrees, speak up. :smallwink:
I am good with this if no one has any objections.

Just an FYI:
I really want you guys to feel that you have control and creative license. If you write about it (eg, NPC) it is likely to happen or an NPC will likely show (within reason). If I don't like where it is going then I will shape things a little without trying to railroad things. Good example will be your release from the cell. There are many ways out of the cell with different in game consequences. I am not going to lead you out of the cell (hence a sandbox game).

fungusamnguss32
2012-05-14, 01:42 AM
Ort never killed anyone. Came close, and left the guy permanently crippled, but not dead

Quakes
2012-05-14, 09:50 AM
And I'm only playing Trent. Jeffrey is Godgoblin =)

AsDeR
2012-05-14, 10:11 AM
imalive!!!!

crimson77
2012-05-14, 10:50 AM
imalive!!!!

Great. The sheet you posted in Recruiting does not make sense. Seems like a sheet for another game. Post your sheet there when you get a chance.

AsDeR
2012-05-14, 11:09 AM
There we go, Lil' Edward (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=399342)

Is there a chance that I am not moved from the other city to Waterdeep?
I never planned to move out of Waterdeep.

crimson77
2012-05-14, 01:14 PM
There we go, Lil' Edward (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=399342)

Is there a chance that I am not moved from the other city to Waterdeep?
I never planned to move out of Waterdeep.

Yeah, that is fine. I was originally thinking of a different way to start but you guys came up with a much better starting place. So, you can have your characters starting from wherever.

crimson77
2012-05-14, 01:15 PM
There we go, Lil' Edward (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=399342)

Is there a chance that I am not moved from the other city to Waterdeep?
I never planned to move out of Waterdeep.

Character looks good.

crimson77
2012-05-14, 01:30 PM
*OOC Note:
Eidetic Memory - The Autohypnosis (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/skills/autohypnosis.htm)class skill allows Jadzik to have perfect memorization and recall with a DC 15 check. Since he already has a bonus of +5, he can use this at will by taking a 10; unless some circumstantial penalty applies, in which case he would have to roll it. Distractions that require his concentration, such as combat would also prevent him from utilizing the skill, but whenever he is in new surroundings or on his guard, he would definitely be mapping his surrounding in his head. Noting who was where and any possible paths of escape.

For example, even if his head was bagged as they led him to the cell, he would have noted how many steps he was taking at each turn and noted how many different voices and where on the path they were.

This is a perfect example of how you can use the "sandbox" rules to your advantage. It is perfectly fine with me if you "remember" certain things. I might tweak them, but it sounds like you are looking for something specific. You have creative license to start to think about exactly what your character wants to find. Then post about it in IC.

If I don't like a direction it is going then I will block it with a realistic outcome. (e.g., you find where there is a man hole cover to the streets - maybe I don't want this to be there so when you try to open it, the cover is jammed into place and not able to be removed at this time).

crimson77
2012-05-14, 01:36 PM
Lots of information today...

fungusamnguss32 requested that his friend join our campaign. While we already have 6 players, I think we can successful maintain 7 (I have never DMed a PBP with seven players but I have done 6 :smalleek:). fungusamnguss32's friend has not played PBP before and hopefully this will be a good experience for her. So when she shows up lets help her feel welcome. :smallbiggrin:

She will be posting a character soon. I am really liking how this game is starting to take shape and the interconnectedness of players. :smalltongue:

Let me know what else you need from me.

fungusamnguss32
2012-05-14, 02:46 PM
In fact she has never played d&d before. Total newb lol.

crimson77
2012-05-14, 02:51 PM
In fact she has never played d&d before. Total newb lol.

Are you going to be able to help her out?

AngelEyes23
2012-05-14, 02:56 PM
yup, but I've been interested for a while. With fungusamungus' help, I'm sure I won't have too much trouble.

Thanks for having me along on your adventure! Character sheet is under construction now, will be posting shortly. :smalltongue:

crimson77
2012-05-14, 03:01 PM
yup, but I've been interested for a while. With fungusamungus' help, I'm sure I won't have too much trouble.

Thanks for having me along on your adventure! Character sheet is under construction now, will be posting shortly. :smalltongue:

Great!
Feel free to ask any questions you may have in OOC. I am sure that your first game will go smoothly.

I tend to run a sandbox game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_world) as opposed to a more traditional D&D Quest or Dungeon Crawl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_crawl) game. So, you are a little more free to create as you play.

Welcome aboard.

AngelEyes23
2012-05-14, 04:08 PM
Alright, here is my background story:
As an ophan, she has no roots or memories of family. An old beggar lady took care of her, teaching her how to get by on the streets, but begging was never her style. The crone would sometimes tell her the story of when she found Lilella, as an abandoned toddler wandering in a dark alley. The only hints at her origin were the expensive, yet dirty and tear-stained, clothes she was wearing. For a long time, she fantasized about who her parents could have been, but has put away those daydreams when her friend and caretaker died of old age a few months ago. She's roamed the streets of Waterdeep making a living for herself since then, taking whatever she needed, and sometimes whatever she wanted.

There have been a few stories told at firesides recently of a shadow that slips in the windowsill in the dead of night, then seeming to drift back out with the breeze. Every story ends with a jewelry box or safe nearly empty, save for a token peice or two. People should have a little something left to get by on, Lilella muses to herself.

Today, she smiled inwardly, patting her full pockets, and watching as two birds flew cartwheels in the air, twittering to each other. She looked down at the two orphans, ruffling the boy-child's hair. His stomach growled audibly. "Stay here," she ordered, and left the alley, heading for the nearby market stand. She didn't know the story of the missing coins and gems from last night had already been circulating. With one glimpse of the gems as she counted out coins, the merchant caught her wrist in an iron grip, screaming for the guards. When the dust cleared, the shadows of the two orphans had disappeared down the alley-way.

And Character Sheet:
Lilella (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=400687)
F - Elf Rogue, Level 1, Init +3, HP 6/6, Speed
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, Fort +0, Ref +5, Will +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
unarmed ( , )
(+3 Dex)
Abilities Str 8, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 10
Condition None

AsDeR
2012-05-14, 04:21 PM
Welcome aboard!
Good to see another rogue, and a stealthy one! Just what we needed.

Just a tip, the mythweaver's skill boxes are marked for Cross Class Skills, not for Class skills. That's why it sais "80" as the sum of them.

crimson77
2012-05-14, 04:36 PM
Alright, here is my background story:
As an ophan, she has no roots or memories of family. An old beggar lady took care of her, teaching her how to get by on the streets, but begging was never her style. The crone would sometimes tell her the story of when she found Lilella, as an abandoned toddler wandering in a dark alley. The only hints at her origin were the expensive, yet dirty and tear-stained, clothes she was wearing. For a long time, she fantasized about who her parents could have been, but has put away those daydreams when her friend and caretaker died of old age a few months ago. She's roamed the streets of Waterdeep making a living for herself since then, taking whatever she needed, and sometimes whatever she wanted.

There have been a few stories told at firesides recently of a shadow that slips in the windowsill in the dead of night, then seeming to drift back out with the breeze. Every story ends with a jewelry box or safe nearly empty, save for a token peice or two. People should have a little something left to get by on, Lilella muses to herself.

Today, she smiled inwardly, patting her full pockets, and watching as two birds flew cartwheels in the air, twittering to each other. She looked down at the two orphans, ruffling the boy-child's hair. His stomach growled audibly. "Stay here," she ordered, and left the alley, heading for the nearby market stand. She didn't know the story of the missing coins and gems from last night had already been circulating. With one glimpse of the gems as she counted out coins, the merchant caught her wrist in an iron grip, screaming for the guards. When the dust cleared, the shadows of the two orphans had disappeared down the alley-way.

And Character Sheet:
Lilella (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=400687)
F - Elf Rogue, Level 1, Init +3, HP 6/6, Speed
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, Fort +0, Ref +5, Will +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
unarmed ( , )
(+3 Dex)
Abilities Str 8, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 10
Condition None

Great. We will have you join the party as well!


Welcome aboard!
Good to see another rogue, and a stealthy one! Just what we needed.

Just a tip, the mythweaver's skill boxes are marked for Cross Class Skills, not for Class skills. That's why it sais "80" as the sum of them.
Thanks for the wythweaver's tip. I have not personally made a CS on that site in a long time.

crimson77
2012-05-14, 04:44 PM
Lilella

Your character is now in the game.

fungusamnguss32
2012-05-14, 07:51 PM
So i'm really liking how this game is going with the character involvement and how the group is coming together. I'm still working on how Ort gets out of prison though. He feels he deserves to be there. I've got a couple ideas but we will just see how the game progresses for now

AsDeR
2012-05-14, 08:23 PM
About posting our stat blocks every once and then, I have found very useful the following table to be posted in the first post of the OOC, I usually find all the sheets for a game there, including mine.



Character |
Player |
Info
:smallannoyed: Lil' Edward (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=399342) | AsDeR | Short dirty rogue
:smallwink: Ort (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398661) | fungusamnguss32 | Half-orc Philosomonk
:smallamused: Jeffrey Godson (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=355080) | Godgoblin | Drunken grandpa Priest
:smallfrown: Trent (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398459) | Quakes | Elf Pirate-mage-gambler
:smallconfused: Timmaeus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398744) | Oceanogler | Hippie Terrorist
:smallfurious: Jadzik (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=398526) | ninthbit | Anger-issued psy-human
Lilella (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=400687) | AngelEyes23 | Pink-Gloved Elf thief




Feel free to copy it in the first post. (Smilies added for fun according to speech color posted, no offense intended)


Edit: well Fungus, I suppose you could just follow us outside if we convice you there is something important we have to do outside. Or if there is a huge prison break you should go out or remaind and be accused for everything, because, you know, you are a half-orc. :smalltongue:

On the other hand we could just rest in the cell until they release us xD

crimson77
2012-05-14, 08:48 PM
About posting our stat blocks every once and then, I have found very useful the following table to be posted in the first post of the OOC, I usually find all the sheets for a game there, including mine.

Thanks for the table. I put it in the first post of OOC. I like stat blocks (at least on every page) so that I do not have to look far to find stats. This is especially handy during combat or needing a spot check for the party.

AsDeR
2012-05-14, 09:08 PM
Could you post some info about the city? I have spent my entire life in it and maxxed my Knoweledge (Local) to represent that, so...

Are there districts? Rich people? Elves? Dwarves? Half-dragons? Halflings?
Are the guards a$$holes or good guys?

Also, how long are our convictions?

ninthbit
2012-05-14, 09:25 PM
Well there aholes now that you crapped in their chow.


Is eleven the second most common tongue? Dwarven?

AsDeR
2012-05-14, 09:37 PM
Well there aholes now that you crapped in their chow.


Is eleven the second most common tongue? Dwarven?


It was a message: "Don't give me food that tastes like sh1t","The food is crap." or "There is a snake in my boot." You can choose xD

(In Character, if you want to know, I did it because the guards know me well, and one of them called Jimmy always hits me when getting me into the cell. So it was sort of a revenge. I pooped in his bowl.)

Edit: Also, given the amount of meat my guy eats, the smell in the cell would have killed us xD I probably just saved your life.

Edit: By the way, no intention in ignoring Lilella, is just that it makes more sense for Quake's character to break the ice with her.

crimson77
2012-05-14, 11:42 PM
Could you post some info about the city? I have spent my entire life in it and maxxed my Knoweledge (Local) to represent that, so...
The city is loosely based on the Forgotten Realms city with a similar political structure (but maybe more corrupt). I take creative license (and you can) to make up some of the history and places within the city but might be borrowing from some supplements and other things written on the web. A good place to start would be http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Waterdeep_(city)
To answer your specific questions:

Are there districts? Yes

Rich people? Yes

Elves? Yes

Dwarves? Yes

Half-dragons? Maybe a few but they most likely try not to be noticed

Halflings?Of course

Are the guards a$$holes or good guys? Both - but mostly a$$holes

Also, how long are our convictions? As long or as short as you want them to be. Preferably at least a few weeks so that you can gain some party unity.

Is eleven the second most common tongue? Dwarven? Most likely - depending on the district

Edit: Also, given the amount of meat my guy eats, the smell in the cell would have killed us xD I probably just saved your life. There is a place to relieve yourself in the cell - probably a stone grate which leads to the sewers - but the passage is too small for anything besides a rat to crawl through.

GodGoblin
2012-05-15, 05:14 AM
Oops rolled the Divine check wrong should have been [roll0]

AsDeR
2012-05-15, 01:58 PM
Who is responding the Drunk call?

Edit: Please Crimsom77 put an IC link in the first post, that would help (at least me)

crimson77
2012-05-15, 03:10 PM
Who is responding the Drunk call?

Edit: Please Crimsom77 put an IC link in the first post, that would help (at least me)

I am confused as to the context of your question.

I can put the links in my sig.

AngelEyes23
2012-05-15, 03:12 PM
lets try this again:

my roll in the last ic post:

[roll0] search

AsDeR
2012-05-15, 03:15 PM
lets try this again:

my roll in the last ic post:

[roll0] search

Yay for you! xD

@crimsom77 just for my comodity. It's easier for me to navigate trough all my games when the links for the IC thread are ion the OOC too. So when I accidentaly close a tab I needed I don't have to look for it again.

crimson77
2012-05-15, 03:22 PM
Yay for you! xD

@crimsom77 just for my comodity. It's easier for me to navigate trough all my games when the links for the IC thread are ion the OOC too. So when I accidentaly close a tab I needed I don't have to look for it again.

Do you need it more than in my sig?

ninthbit
2012-05-15, 03:25 PM
Who is responding the Drunk call?

What? :smallconfused:

AsDeR
2012-05-15, 03:26 PM
Don't worry, I solved it printing a link to it the size of a scarf, nailing it to my wall and punching it with my face everytime I pass by.
Now I only need an F5 frying pan...

AsDeR
2012-05-15, 03:27 PM
What? :smallconfused:

Sorry, Who is approaching his face to the drunken old guy's ass in response of his calling gesture? :smallredface:

crimson77
2012-05-15, 03:35 PM
Don't worry, I solved it printing a link to it the size of a scarf, nailing it to my wall and punching it with my face everytime I pass by.
Now I only need an F5 frying pan...
Ok...I can put a link in the OOC first post when I get home. The smart phone has its limitations.

Sorry, Who is approaching his face to the drunken old guy's ass in response of his calling gesture? :smallredface:
The guys face is glazed over due to a spell. I am still confused.

AsDeR
2012-05-15, 03:40 PM
Wow, my english skills suck.
The Old man made a movement with his hand like saying "Some inmate come here and try to steal the guard's keys", so I was asking who of us was going to go.

ninthbit
2012-05-15, 04:06 PM
I would think that the inconspicuous little rogue with +7 sleight of hands would try.

ninthbit
2012-05-15, 05:04 PM
Rolls:
[roll0] open lock
[roll1] disguise[/SPOILER]

You can take 10 on the open lock it believe, and since we have all the time in the world, you could take 20 on the disguise check.

Anyone, am in right about the disable device? Can 10 be taken?

Quakes
2012-05-15, 05:10 PM
As long as you're not being threatened, you can even take 20 on opening the lock.

ninthbit
2012-05-15, 06:12 PM
I figured 10 because the time constraints with the guard. Of course she should try over an extended period whenever the way looks clear.


Btw, I meant open lock in my previous post, not disable device.

AngelEyes23
2012-05-15, 08:48 PM
whichever makes more sense to do, though I was intending to take advantage of the distraction, i wasnt sure if i could take 10 or else bc i wasnt sure how long the distraction would last. I can wait till later to try again if it doesnt work. :smallredface:

crimson77
2012-05-15, 11:36 PM
whichever makes more sense to do, though I was intending to take advantage of the distraction, i wasnt sure if i could take 10 or else bc i wasnt sure how long the distraction would last. I can wait till later to try again if it doesnt work. :smallredface:

The lock DC is 20. You were not able to get the door open within the time of the guard being commanded (not that your character knows he is being commanded.). You can take a 20 if and when you have more time to complete the task.

fungusamnguss32
2012-05-15, 11:53 PM
I didn't want to edit that last ic post and risk losing that beautiful roll. Anyway, the dialogue there is all in orcish. Not sure why the bold didn't work

crimson77
2012-05-16, 12:20 AM
I didn't want to edit that last ic post and risk losing that beautiful roll. Anyway, the dialogue there is all in orcish. Not sure why the bold didn't work

You won't lose your roll unless you delete the [roll0] from the post. I edit my posts with rolls in them all the time. You just can't remove or add any additional rolls.

crimson77
2012-05-16, 12:28 AM
I cannot believe that after being on this site for 7 years there is still so much lag and downtime. I keep hoping it will get better and it never does :smallfurious:

GodGoblin
2012-05-16, 07:23 AM
Hopefully that last post should have cleared some things up for you guys, seems to be a bit of confusion about what to do.


I cannot believe that after being on this site for 7 years there is still so much lag and downtime. I keep hoping it will get better and it never does :smallfurious:

Tell me about it, this is the only forum ive been on that has a daily hour long data backup, and it happens to be during the 20mins free time I get before work too :smallannoyed:

crimson77
2012-05-16, 08:27 AM
@Godsgoblin - the party understands your gesture.

GodGoblin
2012-05-16, 08:43 AM
Cool, I need to remember im not actually a rogue and dont have skills in slight of hand or open lock :smallbiggrin:

AsDeR
2012-05-16, 09:18 AM
Cool, I need to remember im not actually a rogue and dont have skills in slight of hand or open lock :smallbiggrin:

YET :smallwink:

GodGoblin
2012-05-16, 09:28 AM
Haha yeah well my next 3 levels are going to be Human Paragon (Lose one level of casting but gain some good skill and feat bonuses) from the SRD, so might be worth getting them then.

ninthbit
2012-05-16, 09:42 AM
YET :smallwink:

If you're online, go kife that key so we can bust out of here. Or at least wave him off, because you can pick the lock and know an easier way out.

crimson77
2012-05-16, 10:41 AM
Essentially everyone can have one action before the guard regains his composure. Angel and GG have made their actions. Still waiting on the others.

crimson77
2012-05-16, 11:49 AM
DIPLOMACY check to try to infuriate the guard once the compulsion wears off, but only if one of the others does not take the key before this point.
You will need to write out what you are doing to influence the guard. A roll is not sufficient in itself.

Oceanogler
2012-05-16, 11:56 AM
I was expecting that, but I want to wait until the rogues make their actions before posting the insults, just in case I don't need to do it.

AsDeR
2012-05-16, 12:58 PM
Maybe my first post wasn't clear. After the 2 new guys got into our cell, I appeared walking, just walking, everybody could see me. I enter the cell and close after me. There was no intention of stealth.

The stealth rolls made were for leaving the cell while everyone was sleeping.
So basically you have seen Edward already open the door.
That's why I was ignoring/refusing the guard attack, because I don't need the key. If I get caught taking his key now, it's going to be very problematic.

While if we let them leave, we will have clear path to scape.

I think that I'm going to play dumb, and I'm going to steal some of his money or something and then tell the priest that "wasn't that what you wanted?"


Everyone OK with that?

fungusamnguss32
2012-05-16, 02:25 PM
Not much Ort can do aside from starting an all out brawl. Not trained in any of that stealthy hoo ha.

*Also, with that spot check can I glean any information about how easy our difficult the guards might be to take down if we do got to fight them? Weapons, armor, any visible weakness, etc

ninthbit
2012-05-16, 02:36 PM
So basically you have seen Edward already open the door.

Jadzik was in a trance-like meditative state... he missed all that. I was just hoping to spot you and avoid having to roll play all that he missed. My original plan was to go all 'mentalist' and remember some minor detail that would allow the group to escape, but then you walked in and that was pointless. Now I'm more inclined to shut down this current breakout attempt since it would be suicide to try and escape the prison with all the day time guards on duty.

ninthbit
2012-05-16, 02:43 PM
I now know why my employer hasn't blocked giantitp... the damn site crashes too much to be a bother.

AsDeR
2012-05-16, 02:58 PM
Sorry for breaking your plan. Maybe we should communicate this things.

fungusamnguss32
2012-05-16, 03:02 PM
Maybe we should communicate this things.


^^ this is agreeable

ninthbit
2012-05-16, 03:29 PM
Gotta wait till he leaves. Its why I at least dropped the "Let him go"

AsDeR
2012-05-16, 05:59 PM
I hope youenjoy the moon tonight Lilella xD Now you must use your willpower to approach a man who is mooning you :smalltongue:

crimson77
2012-05-16, 06:04 PM
I now know why my employer hasn't blocked giantitp... the damn site crashes too much to be a bother.
Yeah. It has been better and it has been worse.

Sorry for breaking your plan. Maybe we should communicate this things.
I have enjoyed how things have worked out. The group is forming unity, so we would still expect characters to have different ideas and plans. Very realistic. :smallbiggrin:

I hope youenjoy the moon tonight Lilella xD Now you must use your willpower to approach a man who is mooning you :smalltongue:
. :smalleek:

crimson77
2012-05-16, 06:11 PM
Just out of curiosity, what regions of the world does everyone live? I want to kind of gauge life schedules and when to gauge when you might post. I live in California and tend to work long but normal hours with more availablity to post in the evenings (and during work on my phone). I can often read more than I can post (reading as I walk between appointments).

AsDeR
2012-05-16, 06:26 PM
I'm currently living in Spain but my job shifts are so random I can't give any real info about when would I post.

ninthbit
2012-05-16, 06:29 PM
In character will almost always be between 630-3 cst. Out of that ill read on my phone. If I'm see a need to post I'll obviously try, but wife and kids get the priority.

Quakes
2012-05-16, 06:48 PM
California as well, I can post most anytime, I keep up with posts during work and such.

fungusamnguss32
2012-05-16, 11:42 PM
Ha ha! Key retrieved, major confrontation averted, and no body got beat up. Woot! Lol

And I live in somewhere USA. Literally. As a truck driver my schedule is never the same nor am I ever in the same place very long. That being said, any kind of short stop to pee out whatever usually allows me enough time to check the boards even if I don't have time to post just then

GodGoblin
2012-05-17, 04:36 AM
Im in London so a bit out of the time scale of you guys and as for posting, I usually get a chance in my lunch break or after work but can be fairly erratic sadly, can always do once a day though!

Oceanogler
2012-05-17, 04:58 AM
I live in England too, and can ususally find time to post at least once a day, either around lunchtime or when I get home at the end of the day.

Good work with defusing the situation, fungusamnguss32, for a minute there I thought Timmaeus was going to have to take a beating to get that key :smallsmile:.

PS: Asder, would it be possible for Timmaeus and Edward to know each other in passing? Know each other's names and reputations (i.e. that crazy half-elf) but little else? I'm asking because Timmaeus is involved to a degree in the murky underbelly of Waterdeep crime, and so might have come across Edward once or twice.

fungusamnguss32
2012-05-17, 08:47 AM
Thanks oceanogler. Really though that was some decent team work. It fell together quite nicely

AsDeR
2012-05-17, 09:53 AM
@Oceanogler: Well, I don't see Edward like a criminal, more like a scoundrel. I think he never killed anyone.

If you said so earlier I would have roleplayed that way, see how thing are going so far doesn't look good to me to suddenly recognice you. But I am sure Edward knows the reputation of the hippie terrorist, but never really met him, so until he does or sais something Edward can relate he is just a half elf for him.

Looking good?

Edit: Added some interaction with your character, hope you don't take it bad. :smallsmile:

crimson77
2012-05-17, 01:28 PM
If you said so earlier I would have roleplayed that way, see how thing are going so far doesn't look good to me to suddenly recognice you. But I am sure Edward knows the reputation of the hippie terrorist, but never really met him, so until he does or sais something Edward can relate he is just a half elf for him.

I agree. I think you could know each other by reputation rather than personally makes a lot of sense. Might help your characters bond faster. Kind of, I know of you, you were the one who...

AngelEyes23
2012-05-17, 09:31 PM
A little mooning never hurt nobody.

I am in the eastern time zone, but my schedule varies. I am a student, and I could post twice a day(morning and evening), but this weekend me and fungus are hangin out. Start new classes this coming tuesday. Fungus will help keep me reminded about you guys.

Lilella didnt really keep in touch with society, too preoccupied with things. She recognises edward from the streets, even though she wasnt that big of a thief at the time. She is calculating enough to buddy up with ort, and she probably overheard ort talking to edward about her, if she did she was flattered. Friendship with the others should fall in naturally, she warms up to people fairly quick. She's ready to head a new direction in her life, as stealing to feed the other unfortunates didn't work out the way she planned. That is the main thing that will bind her to the group.

AsDeR
2012-05-18, 09:57 AM
Hey, are you "the" Lil'Edward?Lilella laughs.I thought you looked familiar! Everyone always tells stories around town about the little short tempered theif. They say your temper is short as you are!

Ouch! madame. Ouch!
Your comments hurt my heart...

I shall maditate a way to deal with women in this matter. I can always kick a man in the balls, but a lady...


@DM Does Edward know anything about Ort's mother? If she was in trouble is possible to make Edward someone who helped her from time to time?

crimson77
2012-05-18, 10:34 AM
@DM Does Edward know anything about Ort's mother? If she was in trouble is possible to make Edward someone who helped her from time to time?

It is up to you. I think it might be a party bonding moment if you can fill things in for him.

AsDeR
2012-05-18, 11:30 AM
Ok, tell me something about Ort's mother fungus, so I know who or how she was and can answer.

ninthbit
2012-05-18, 11:42 AM
Little does he know but, during his incarceration, Ort's poor mother was murdered by a gang of thieves for a few measly coins.

Sounds like our first adventure will be one of sweet cold revenge.... well, after our perilous breakout and robbing of an armory.

crimson77
2012-05-18, 03:57 PM
Sounds like our first adventure will be one of sweet cold revenge.... well, after our perilous breakout and robbing of an armory.

Sounds like fun to me.

AngelEyes23
2012-05-18, 11:41 PM
Im not sure how lil edward should take it, but he may or may not have noticed a slight gleam of admiration at the end of that paragraph. She doesnt always think before she speaks, especially when she's excited or upset.

sorry for forgetting to bold the speech ><

AsDeR
2012-05-19, 01:30 AM
Im not sure how lil edward should take it, but he may or may not have noticed a slight gleam of admiration at the end of that paragraph. She doesnt always think before she speaks, especially when she's excited or upset.

sorry for forgetting to bold the speech ><

Yeah I noticed xD But still! :smallyuk:

Oceanogler
2012-05-19, 08:57 AM
Is it alright if I make up some gangs and crimelords that Timmaus knows about so he can recommend avoiding them or finding them to help hide us? I'd roll Knowledge (Local) to determine how many he'd know about.

AsDeR
2012-05-19, 09:06 AM
sorry for forgetting to bold the speech ><

You can click on EDIT and bold your speech.

crimson77
2012-05-19, 10:24 AM
Is it alright if I make up some gangs and crimelords that Timmaus knows about so he can recommend avoiding them or finding them to help hide us? I'd roll Knowledge (Local) to determine how many he'd know about.

Yes that sounds like a great plan.

Oceanogler
2012-05-19, 12:02 PM
Info on the gangs if it's ok:

Snakrab is a male orc, and runs the Tunnel Trash, a group of petty thieves and pickpockets who operate out of the sewers near the prison. He is known to be fair in his dealings and very harsh to anyone who crosses him.

Valthellis is a female half-elf who runs the Wharfrats, who operate in the docks and consist of prostitutes, muggers and cut-price cutthroats. She is infamous for her cruelty and love of betraying others, but nothing goes on in the docks that she doesn't know about. She owns and lives in the Broken Anchor tavern which is on the waterfront.

AsDeR
2012-05-19, 12:34 PM
Waterdeep, where priests know more about gangs and prostitutes than religion and gods. :smallbiggrin:

AngelEyes23
2012-05-19, 11:42 PM
its understood that lilella ignores edwards flirts. Shes not meaning to offend, she doesnt quite know what ground she is on with edward, or what ground she may want to be on.

AsDeR
2012-05-20, 12:35 PM
What is the roll in the IC for, Lilella?
Also, you are missing the last ] on you [SPOILER] signature.

And awww you are ignoring Edward... poor guy, nobody loves him :smallsigh:

crimson77
2012-05-20, 01:31 PM
Info on the gangs if it's ok:
Awesome

Waterdeep, where priests know more about gangs and prostitutes than religion and gods. :smallbiggrin:
Well he is a priest of thieves

What is the roll in the IC for, Lilella?
You don't have to roll spot or listen checks. I will automatically roll those for you. You just have to roll checks where your character is attending or choosing to do something.

AsDeR
2012-05-20, 02:10 PM
Whispers between cells start, you hear several voices calling out asking Lil' Edward to get them food or some of the moonshine, and others asking him to let them out.


Oh LOL! I wasn't expecting that, but it seems so obvious now...
Haha, this is awesome xD

crimson77
2012-05-21, 10:49 AM
If you have knowledge local you can roll in either IC or OOC.

AngelEyes23
2012-05-21, 02:57 PM
*looks around sheepishly* I did mess up my signature, didnt I?

Ready to enact the plan as soon as the information needed for it is voiced.

AsDeR
2012-05-21, 03:32 PM
Know. Local check [roll0]

crimson77
2012-05-21, 03:54 PM
Jadzik (update: or Spot DC 17)
see IC spoiler

I gave Jadzik some information based on his characters focus. Upon reflection, I will give the party the same information if they roll a spot check (I usually roll these for the party but in this case I will allow the players to roll since is it past information).

AsDeR
2012-05-21, 04:12 PM
I feel like jadzik himself could give us this info, but just in case... Spot[roll0]:smallcool:

crimson77
2012-05-21, 04:18 PM
I feel like jadzik himself could give us this info, but just in case... Spot[roll0]:smallcool:

Thought I would give everyone the chance - especially since things are starting to get planned.

fungusamnguss32
2012-05-21, 09:59 PM
I will pass. I don't think Ort was paying much attention considering he never really wanted to get out before.

crimson77
2012-05-21, 11:06 PM
I have noticed that each group that I have played with online likes things differently in terms of character plans. (Option 1) Some groups like it when it took a semi-flushed out plan like you have presented and started it off and gave a narrative up into either it succeeded or it went wrong (based on logic and a few dice rolls).

(Option 2) Other groups wanted to have their characters describe each action and then I pipe in with what the NPCs actually do or if there are any complications along the way. (This way can be a slower process but with more player control; however, players need to actually post actions - some are hesitant to do so, which can be very frustrating).

I am ok with either option. However, if you choose option 2 you must realize that I will not screw over a player for a character making a logically sound action in less there is already a plan in place (e.g., a trap on a door). So please be bold in your actions. Similarly, if you choose option 1, then things might happen to your character based on my logic of your characters actions (e.g., a trapped door).

Let me know how you want to proceed by either stating your opinion here (option 1) or just starting to post character actions and we can get back to playing (option 2).

Thanks for your thoughts.

fungusamnguss32
2012-05-22, 01:26 AM
Ok so first thing is first, dm gets cool points for giving the options period.

Next, I think I would want to play out combat scenes in the future but for this first one, I wouldn't mind a general out come. If nothing else, it is faster and we can get things moving a bit more.

So, thanks for the choice, and i'm for option 1 ... this time

AsDeR
2012-05-22, 06:12 AM
Depending on the situation, difficulty and/or danger.

In this situation, given our character skills, knoweledge of the prison and planned escape route, I would say 1. But overall I preffer 2.

You can add a 3rd option. Where we make a plan, move it along option 1 characteristic, but you as the DM stop at certain points for character control, like mini-encounters inside a narrative development. Maybe for all the party, meybe wanting to know just what 1 character wants to do.

ninthbit
2012-05-22, 09:08 AM
Situation would dictate. Like AsDer stated, for something like the prison break I’d say option 1. We have a plan, instead of killing weeks with each and every step, you could just summarize up to the point that we are faced with a decision or obstacle.

Quakes
2012-05-22, 09:11 AM
I concur with ninth

crimson77
2012-05-22, 10:10 AM
Looks like we have a majority. I will try to update this afternoon when things slow down at work.

AngelEyes23
2012-05-22, 11:19 AM
I agree with the majority. :D

School started for me today, have two classes for the first session of summer, and so far the first one is pretty intimidating. About to go to the second one in a bit. All the same, this should not affect my game play.

crimson77
2012-05-22, 01:46 PM
Ignore the *s for some reason my iPhone puts them in when I copy and paste into the text box. It is rather annoying. I will try to clean it up when I get home.

fungusamnguss32
2012-05-22, 04:29 PM
I've read the ic post. Will add my 2c a bit later. Need a keyboard lol

AsDeR
2012-05-22, 05:03 PM
Is it OK it Edward have a couple of coins with him? maybe a silver?

AsDeR
2012-05-22, 05:11 PM
The plan is to make the bugbear look up and luckily use his hands to grab the coin long enough to let him steal the bugbear sword, or let other party member to act while the bugbear is looking up.

Bluff roll??? [roll0]

Awwww :(

crimson77
2012-05-22, 08:29 PM
Is it OK it Edward have a couple of coins with him? maybe a silver?

How about a copper

AsDeR
2012-05-22, 09:16 PM
How about a copper

Works for me. Was hoping the dim light and the sound of metal will help my bluff, then I rolled horribly.

crimson77
2012-05-22, 10:33 PM
Works for me. Was hoping the dim light and the sound of metal will help my bluff, then I rolled horribly.

You can't win them all.

crimson77
2012-05-23, 12:29 AM
I agree with the majority. :D

School started for me today, have two classes for the first session of summer, and so far the first one is pretty intimidating. About to go to the second one in a bit. All the same, this should not affect my game play.

Good luck with classes. Undergrad or grad classes? The game should not take more than a few moments each day. I generally just post or read during down time in my day. What are you studying?

AngelEyes23
2012-05-23, 07:08 AM
Im undergrad, Mathmatics major. :D

Fungus isnt up to tell me if im doing this right or not, so i hope i dont bugger up these rolls in the next post...

Lilella is trying to find silver to pay for herself and her party members. If she fails to find silver, at least find enough information to impress the bugbear about her skills. If she is caught, the bugbear might still take her to his leader.

ninthbit
2012-05-23, 08:22 AM
Looks like you did it right, the real question is how lit the area is, if the bugbear has darkvison on he likely saw you clear as day. Hopefully there's something to conceal yourself behind and he didn't spot you already.

crimson77
2012-05-23, 10:17 AM
Fungus isnt up to tell me if im doing this right or not, so i hope i dont bugger up these rolls in the next ...
Generally you need a distraction or some way for them to lose you in their sight for HS to work (unless they did not see you in the first place). However, since you posted about using a player talking to him as the distraction you were able to make your move. So good for you.

Looks like you did it right, the real question is how lit the area is, if the bugbear has darkvison on he likely saw you clear as day. Hopefully there's something to conceal yourself behind and he didn't spot you already. Generally this is true. It is important to try to use your surroundings or creat distractions and diversions.

fungusamnguss32
2012-05-23, 11:54 AM
Very nice work my lady. See you are better at this than you thought!

crimson77
2012-05-23, 01:38 PM
Very nice work my lady. See you are better at this than you thought!

I second this comment!

AngelEyes23
2012-05-23, 05:37 PM
Stealing herself, She stepped forward to address the bugbear. She motioned to Edward: My friend here isn't the only one with talents. Perhaps there is something Snakrab needs doing in exchange for safe passage of the group? She smiles and winks at the bugbear, then casually studies her nails.

Do I need to roll a bluff on that?

crimson77
2012-05-23, 05:42 PM
Do I need to roll a bluff on that?

No because you are not actually lying - seems more like you are trying to find a job.

AngelEyes23
2012-05-23, 06:31 PM
That was the idea, job and safe passage :) just wasnt sure.

AngelEyes23
2012-05-23, 10:21 PM
Lil' Edward

He looks at Lilella who obviously was not thinking about this when they all planned going though the sewers, and notices her face fading pale. Hang there lady, thinks would be much worse if you faint here



Ha! That made me snort. I love Edward's attitude.

AsDeR
2012-05-23, 10:27 PM
Good to know you won't stab me while I sleep :smallwink:

Also... FFFFFFF snakrab, that rat ignored me? I'm so going to stab his face off! :smallfurious:

crimson77
2012-05-23, 10:40 PM
Good to know you won't stab me while I sleep :smallwink:

Also... FFFFFFF snakrab, that rat ignored me? I'm so going to stab his face off! :smallfurious:

Dang low bluff rolls :smalleek:

AsDeR
2012-05-23, 10:46 PM
Yeah should have tried DIPLOMACY [roll0] or a coin into the eye! [roll1], it seems neither :smallsigh:

It's ok, he has the right to ignore me, but I have the right to be pissed for it xD

crimson77
2012-05-23, 10:52 PM
It's ok, he has the right to ignore me, but I have the right to be pissed for it xD

I agree on both accounts :smallbiggrin:

AngelEyes23
2012-05-23, 10:57 PM
Darn the low rolls tonight...

hoping Snakrab is pompous enough to want to believe in a threat to his domain... and possibly reward a humble messenger *snicker*

ninthbit
2012-05-24, 11:45 AM
How often does the forum show updates to subscriptions then not make the new post available?

I see that Quakes posted at 11:26, but it's 11:43 and I can't see the post. :smallfurious:

Quakes
2012-05-24, 11:54 AM
Yea, it's not showing up for me either.

crimson77
2012-05-24, 12:04 PM
There can be a glitch in the forums where the posts don't show up. Try posting again and it will likely appear.

ninthbit
2012-05-24, 12:40 PM
You would think that a forum that caters to a bunch of nerds would have EXCELLENT support of their website. :smallannoyed:

crimson77
2012-05-24, 01:35 PM
You would think that a forum that caters to a bunch of nerds would have EXCELLENT support of their website. :smallannoyed:

There have been forum problems since I joined this site in 2005. I would say things have been better (early 2007) and worse (various other points). I don't think there is a clear solution except for finding more funding sources.

crimson77
2012-05-24, 02:04 PM
concentration check for Jadzik to keep his cool and not get himself killed in an angry outburst. [roll0] I'm guessing DC15, he's tired and this guy's arrogance is on his last nerve.


It is up to you and how you choose to react. There are about 30 men in the room.

ninthbit
2012-05-24, 02:07 PM
the post is an edit in progress... he's going to expend is focus to take a 15 on a recheck.


edit:
Sorry it took so long, I was stuck on a call and couldn't finish writing it up. I was just playing into the rage issues I wrote into Jadziks fluff.

Before his training, he would have failed the initial check and then lost himself to the rage. Now he's able to pop his focus and expand his mind enough to releave the pressure. Now if he doesn't get the chance to reestablish his focus and is pushed again, then he may be in some trouble.

BTW: while on the topic, how to you handle PC death?

ninthbit
2012-05-24, 07:15 PM
I'm assuming it was a bit of a maze, to include a bit of looping to help ensure we were lost. Jadzik would still be trying to memorize the path since he plans to return someday and kill the foul leader of the cobbled clan.

Autohypnosis: [roll0]

AngelEyes23
2012-05-24, 09:21 PM
Im planning on searching the area below the docks before we leave, something that Lilella picked up as a habit during her days with the beggar-woman.

AsDeR
2012-05-24, 09:55 PM
I guess, as it is already night and raining, it's as good a time as any to lead Ort to meet his mother.

AsDeR
2012-05-24, 10:09 PM
Sorry for move the story without letting anyone else post. But I though it was a good time for this scene, with the night and the rain and all. :smallcool:

BTW I hope I don't need to roll for that post, but if it was necessary pick the rolls you need from here:

Spot [roll0]
Search [roll1]
Hide [roll2]
knoweledge Local [roll3]

crimson77
2012-05-25, 12:18 AM
Sorry - I had a long dental appointment and I am not feeling well. I tired to answer your questions. I will let Ort respond and hopefully get an IC post tomorrow.


BTW: while on the topic, how to you handle PC death?
See first post on the death and dying section

I'm assuming it was a bit of a maze, to include a bit of looping to help ensure we were lost. Jadzik would still be trying to memorize the path since he plans to return someday and kill the foul leader of the cobbled clan.
you can get back to that room

Im planning on searching the area below the docks before we leave, something that Lilella picked up as a habit during her days with the beggar-woman.
You find trash like items (e.g. Broken things - bottles, plates, rotting food, etc) you can post specifics if you would like. Mostly things without value.

Sorry for move the story without letting anyone else post. But I though it was a good time for this scene, with the night and the rain and all. :smallcool:
[/SPOILER]
The transition seemed appropriate to me. I will let Ort respond (and whomever else) before I post.

GodGoblin
2012-05-25, 04:12 AM
Hey guys sorry about this but im going to drop from the game, the pace is moving a bit fast for me, its probably down to time zones as most of it seems to be done while im asleep so Jeff cant react to certain situations but enjoy the rest of the game!

As for the character leaving, keep in in as an NPC if you like or just have him flee the scene now hes free. Have fun!

AsDeR
2012-05-25, 07:30 AM
Awww.
I liked the old priest.

crimson77
2012-05-25, 11:09 AM
Hey guys sorry about this but im going to drop from the game, the pace is moving a bit fast for me, its probably down to time zones as most of it seems to be done while im asleep so Jeff cant react to certain situations but enjoy the rest of the game!

As for the character leaving, keep in in as an NPC if you like or just have him flee the scene now hes free. Have fun!

Thanks for letting us know. I might keep him on for a bit as an NPC depending on how the next few posts go.

I know it can be are when things can drastically change in a day. However, I would rather have an active game rather than one where individuals are not sure if they can or should move the plot forward.

If anyone wants to add in something from a previous scene, feel free to do so just lead your post with the original scene and then put *** to signify the rest of your post follows the new scene.

AsDeR
2012-05-25, 07:43 PM
"Someone somewhere knows something about what happened."

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4gbryZWPB1r4i5yq.png


Hahahaha, had to :smallbiggrin:

AngelEyes23
2012-05-28, 01:31 AM
What is this "broach" and exactly how many coins are in it? :smallbiggrin:

ninthbit
2012-05-28, 07:42 AM
Don't be mean now :) he clearly meant brooch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooch).

crimson77
2012-05-28, 10:51 AM
Don't be mean now :) he clearly meant brooch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooch).

Sorry. My phone is not the best with spell checker :(

fungusamnguss32
2012-05-28, 01:09 PM
So does anyone else want to post before I start kicking goblin nuts?

ninthbit
2012-05-28, 01:53 PM
So does anyone else want to post before I start kicking goblin nuts?

I was going to American History X, heel stomp one, but then I thought that it would be a but too evil to crush the skull of a defenseless creature who just wanted a place out of the rain to sleep.

So have at it.... we just need one to live for interrogation ... for a while at least. :smallbiggrin:

crimson77
2012-05-28, 02:10 PM
Does anyone know if Oceanogler is still around? He has not posted in a number of days.

ninthbit
2012-05-28, 02:54 PM
He had a new account and this was the only game he posted in. .. I'm guessing he lost interest.

AsDeR
2012-05-28, 05:34 PM
Send him a PM, maybe he just forgot.

crimson77
2012-05-28, 10:34 PM
Send him a PM, maybe he just forgot.

Just did...

fungusamnguss32
2012-05-28, 10:53 PM
Not sure why the touch attack roll didn't work ic

[roll0]

ninthbit
2012-05-28, 11:25 PM
[roll0]



If attack roll if needed: [roll0]


A 6 and a 7, I hope the attack rolls were not needed since they were helpless.


Forgot the most silent check... taking a ten would be 11, but since a botched roll has a negative consequence... [roll0] if it's needed.

ninthbit
2012-05-28, 11:26 PM
lol... rolling in a post were you quote a roll just shows the new roll. :smalltongue:

crimson77
2012-05-29, 12:31 AM
Not sure why the touch attack roll didn't work ic

You get an automatic hit since the creature is sleeping.

AngelEyes23
2012-05-29, 01:55 PM
"Lilella, check that one for weapons, money, or anything of use." Then Jadziks starts to inspect the possesions of the passed out goblin.

[/COLOR]

Assuming you mean to check the one Ort has pinned down...

Fungus wants to try to interrogate them nicely first, then bring down the smackdown later if they don't cooperate.

fungusamnguss32
2012-05-29, 02:12 PM
Ort will allow Lilella to search the held goblin before releasing him

AsDeR
2012-05-29, 02:42 PM
Edward won't answer because that would reveal his hidden position.

fungusamnguss32
2012-05-30, 05:14 PM
I should be able to get a post ic later tonight

AsDeR
2012-05-30, 08:09 PM
Edward does not find any food in the small one room house. He knows there is a small vender who has a general store that is usually stocked but only has limited equipment on hand. However, since it is so small it is often not targeted by the thieves and might make for a good hit for a few coins and a few swords.

Any place like a blackmarket? Maybe some blood-stained daggers and marked bows? xD

I mean, I don't want to steal good people just for the fun of it.

hmmm, maybe an I.O.U note would do...

Quakes
2012-05-31, 12:32 AM
Sorry we stole from you twice. It was for a really really good cause.

crimson77
2012-05-31, 12:41 AM
Any place like a blackmarket? Maybe some blood-stained daggers and marked bows? xD

I mean, I don't want to steal good people just for the fun of it.

hmmm, maybe an I.O.U note would do...

You know a few fences that might be able to help you out.

crimson77
2012-05-31, 04:17 AM
(1d20+3)[9] sense motive



Sense motive DC 18
You sense that he is withholding some information.


"Yeah, I think i'm just going to kill you. You are hiding stuff from me. "

This is not making sense. Ort does not know they are withholding.

ninthbit
2012-05-31, 09:17 AM
Lilella slides the second bone knife to Edward's feet. She then pulls the shank out of her belt loop, crouches down, and attempt to look fierce...
rolls
[roll0] intimidate (low roll means she couldn't over come her cuteness)

I'm sexy and the goblin knows it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMMTIksFxbQ):smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::s mallbiggrin:

crimson77
2012-05-31, 10:36 AM
If I shake the head before Ort's last post it will make more sense.

This sounds reasonable. Just make sure your rolls succeed before checking the spoilers. It can be tempting to want more information but can ruin the game flow.

ninthbit
2012-05-31, 10:55 AM
For when it comes up; when the second goblin wakes up, he would be seperated from the first and grilled in the same manor. You can just post what we get out of him.

The first one has already said enough to warrant being a prisoner until we find the skaven he was talking about.

On another note: how common are skaven in your setting, does Jadzek know their proper name?
Int Check: [roll0]

crimson77
2012-05-31, 10:58 AM
For when it comes up; when the second goblin wakes up, he would be seperated from the first and grilled in the same manor. You can just post what we get out of him.

The first one has already said enough to warrant being a prisoner until we find the skaven he was talking about.

On another note: how common are skaven in your setting, does Jadzek know their proper name?
Int Check: [roll0]

Yeah he would know their proper name. They are similar to kobolds and goblins just a different type of vermin creature. Most cities do not tolerate them but they tend to live under cities, in caves, and other barely habitable places around the realm.

Quakes
2012-05-31, 11:03 AM
I guess I need to be more literal. When you said rat man, I thought it was because he was ratting on his guild, not an actual ratman, lol.

crimson77
2012-05-31, 11:15 AM
Yeah. Rat men or skaven: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skaven_(Warhammer)

ninthbit
2012-05-31, 11:48 AM
AngelEyes23: I just realized you never assigned Lilella her 2 bonus languages from her 14 Int. Common and Elven are automatic for her, the SRD lists the following as options: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan. Since it was missed before play started, the DM may want you to wait until you level to make it effective. I'd recommend Orcish since a lot of the party has it. Goblin would also be good, but if we hit more intellegent races, or leave the city, then some of the others could easily come up.


{table=head]PC Name|Common|Elven|Orcish|Other 1|Other 2
Lilella|X|X|TBD|TBD|TBD
Ort|X|-|X|-|-
Edward|X|X|X|-|-
Trent|X|X|-|Draconic|-
Jadzik|X|X|-|-|-
[/table]



Ort: We need to teach you Elven so we can have a somewhat secret language to talk in. :smallsmile:

crimson77: How do you hand that? Since it's not listed as a class skill for anyone except bards, does it take 2 points (1 rank) to learn? Does a single point (1/2 rank let you speak but not write)? Or since it's a unique skill, a single point gets the language? Can we acquire a book, or in game item that has the equivalent of a "+2 bonus to the skill" and grants a language instead. Like an ‘Elven for dummies’ dictionary\workbook. Since the workbook exercises ruin the book it can only be used once.

Quakes
2012-05-31, 11:53 AM
Since several members of the party already speak it, it shouldn't be too hard to teach, especially with a book of some sort as an instructional guide.

ninthbit
2012-05-31, 11:53 AM
Yeah. Rat men or skaven: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skaven_(Warhammer)

Dohh..... I'm thinking were-rats as the common undercity varmits in Forgotten Realms aren't I?. Whats worse... I've never even played Warhammer. I was a Warmachine (http://www.privateerpress.com/)guy in my prechildren-IRL days.

ninthbit
2012-05-31, 11:56 AM
Since several members of the party already speak it, it shouldn't be too hard to teach, especially with a book of some sort as an instructional guide.

Fluff wise, I could already be teaching him Elven, and he is teaching me Orcish. We've been cell mates for a while.

Quakes
2012-05-31, 12:30 PM
And I'm sure that Lilella and I are quietly laughing at your horrible, Elven accent :smallwink:

ninthbit
2012-05-31, 02:08 PM
And I'm sure that Lilella and I are quietly laughing at your horrible, Elven accent :smallwink:
Well in that case... I guess I need to expand his fluff :smallwink:

Common is Jadzik's second tongue. He's most comfortable in in Elven. The monastery he spent his adolescents at was predominantly elven culturally. It's a comune of half-elves that his mother's sister lives at. He's a bit of a mutt, likely 1/8 to 1/4 elven, not enough to visibly change him or grant him an unusually long life. While not confirmed, it's suspected that he has drop or two of something nasty on his father’s side as well :smalleek:, but since he's never been around we really don't know.

If anything, the two have noticed a very elvish accent in his common. :smalltongue:

AsDeR
2012-05-31, 02:32 PM
Elven as a secret language won't do. Too common.

I vote for creating our own secret language later in the game.

ninthbit
2012-05-31, 02:34 PM
Elven Cockney!!!!!!! :smallbiggrin:

AsDeR
2012-05-31, 02:43 PM
Diplomacy check to transmit confidece to the goblin while asking his name.

[roll0]

crimson77
2012-05-31, 02:49 PM
I will try to answer the learning a language question when I get hone tonight. Too much work for my phone.

Quakes
2012-05-31, 02:52 PM
If you pay me enough, I could teach you draconic :smallwink:

fungusamnguss32
2012-05-31, 03:19 PM
This is not making sense. Ort does not know they are withholding.

My apologies on this. When I posted I was extremely tired. It didn't catch up to me until later the next day. If you would like, I could edit that post ever do slightly to include a look towards Ed to get his head shake signal.

crimson77
2012-05-31, 03:32 PM
My apologies on this. When I posted I was extremely tired. It didn't catch up to me until later the next day. If you would like, I could edit that post ever do slightly to include a look towards Ed to get his head shake signal.

Don't worry about it. Just keep it in mind for next time. Someone got the deception so it all worked out.

crimson77
2012-05-31, 06:12 PM
AngelEyes23: I just realized you never assigned Lilella her 2 bonus languages from her 14 Int. Common and Elven are automatic for her, the SRD lists the following as options: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan. Since it was missed before play started, the DM may want you to wait until you level to make it effective. I'd recommend Orcish since a lot of the party has it. Goblin would also be good, but if we hit more intellegent races, or leave the city, then some of the others could easily come up.
I am ok with Lilella determining her missing languages now - just do it quickly.

crimson77: How do you hand that? Since it's not listed as a class skill for anyone except bards, does it take 2 points (1 rank) to learn? Does a single point (1/2 rank let you speak but not write)? Or since it's a unique skill, a single point gets the language? Can we acquire a book, or in game item that has the equivalent of a "+2 bonus to the skill" and grants a language instead. Like an ‘Elven for dummies’ dictionary\workbook. Since the workbook exercises ruin the book it can only be used once.
According to the SRD: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/speakLanguage.htm However, I think that I would use your suggestion that beyond your base languages you get for your intelligence you would need to spend an additional skill point to learn how to read it. It seems too easy to get both reading and speaking for one point. :smallconfused:

AngelEyes23
2012-05-31, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the opportunity to correct my mistake: I chose orc and goblin because it is logical she could have picked them up in the alleyways of Waterdeep.

I had a question too: If I use my shank, I understand it will be [roll0]. So does that mean it's just gonna cause a tickling sensation or discomfort, depending on where it's used? :smalltongue:
I can see it now: attemps to poke out eyes, only causing reddness and mild irritation... (><)

crimson77
2012-05-31, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the opportunity to correct my mistake: I chose orc and goblin because it is logical she could have picked them up in the alleyways of Waterdeep.

I had a question too: If I use my shank, I understand it will be [roll0]. So does that mean it's just gonna cause a tickling sensation or discomfort, depending on where it's used? :smalltongue:
I can see it now: attemps to poke out eyes, only causing reddness and mild irritation... (><)

It will always do at least one damage if you make a successful hit.

ninthbit
2012-06-01, 04:32 PM
Asder: Jadzik's IC comment about "where did he go" was to play into Ed just sneaking off to steal the 3Bs; blades, bread, and baubles. I figure his personality would be the kind to just go it alone because he figures the others would just draw more attention; and he sneaked off because he's a man of action :smallbiggrin:

AsDeR
2012-06-01, 04:52 PM
Actually, Edward is not exactly stealthy... he know how to hide, but he is kind of rude moving arround :P

ninthbit
2012-06-01, 06:34 PM
D**mit.. who's going to steal me a big-a** f***ing sword?:smallbiggrin:

On a more serious note, I really don't know where to go from here. I want to go on a rat killing sewer raid, but without hitting a treasure hoard we are pretty much SOL.

AsDeR
2012-06-01, 07:34 PM
Why don't you use a goblin as a weapon? :smalltongue:

crimson77
2012-06-01, 09:22 PM
Why don't you use a goblin as a weapon? :smalltongue:

LOL :elan:

ninthbit
2012-06-01, 09:35 PM
Improvised weapon .... don't want the -4 atk and it would be nonlethel :belkar:

AsDeR
2012-06-02, 07:26 AM
Improvised weapon .... don't want the -4 atk and it would be nonlethel :belkar:

Non lethal? Put spikes in him!

ninthbit
2012-06-02, 08:41 AM
If I could afford to put him in spiked armor, then I would be able to get a sword.

AsDeR
2012-06-02, 09:03 AM
Who said anything about armor? Put Spikes IN him :smallamused:

AsDeR
2012-06-02, 11:08 AM
I'm moving it a bit forward.

crimson77
2012-06-02, 12:12 PM
I'm moving it a bit forward.

Seems like a good thing to do.

AsDeR
2012-06-02, 01:12 PM
[OOC: feel free to roll spot checks if you think your characters would care that Lilella is removing a dagger from beneath the floor boards.]

That depends, was she bending? :smallbiggrin:
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs41/f/2009/042/8/9/DAT_ASS_by_heather_hellion.jpg

fungusamnguss32
2012-06-02, 06:57 PM
[roll0] listen check to notice Lilella pulling floor boards up
[roll1] spot if listen check works.

If he doesn't hear anything worthy of waking him up, then he would still be asleep

AngelEyes23
2012-06-03, 10:42 AM
That depends, was she bending?

Lol, maybe :smallamused:

Be my guest to move things forward

AngelEyes23
2012-06-03, 10:28 PM
what are the stats on that dagger I picked up in Ort's house?

crimson77
2012-06-03, 10:30 PM
what are the stats on that dagger I picked up in Ort's house?

Normal dagger (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#dagger)

crimson77
2012-06-03, 10:39 PM
You will take a -5 on hide to move with the box.

ninthbit
2012-06-04, 07:57 AM
The party can see that she is struggling with something but it would be hard to see unless you are on a roof top of a near by building or can see inside of the cart. The rest of the party is hiding in an alleyway a little ways away so they can see what is happening.


With the rain, how difficult does it seem to sneak over and help?

crimson77
2012-06-04, 08:09 AM
With the rain, how difficult does it seem to sneak over and help?

The rain likely aids your hide checks

crimson77
2012-06-04, 09:55 AM
Cr*p d**nit, who’s idea was it to send the little girl to steal heavy crate...

I actually really like how players are taking the initiative this game. Some games people will sit around for weeks waiting for another player to make a move. So great job for Lilella taking the initiative and going after the box.

Quakes
2012-06-04, 10:12 AM
I figured I should hang back, considering I'm not super stealthy, but I have a good distraction ready to go =)

ninthbit
2012-06-04, 10:43 AM
I actually really like how players are taking the initiative this game. Some games people will sit around for weeks waiting for another player to make a move. So great job for Lilella taking the initiative and going after the box.

I wasn't upset about her initiative. That was just Jadzik role playing the fact that the weakest member was sent to get a heavy crate and that he needed to help. :smallbiggrin:

crimson77
2012-06-04, 10:45 AM
I wasn't upset about her initiative. That was just Jadzik role playing the fact that the weakest member was sent to get a heavy crate and that he needed to help. :smallbiggrin:

Ok good :smallbiggrin:

ninthbit
2012-06-04, 11:32 AM
I figured I should hang back, considering I'm not super stealthy, but I have a good distraction ready to go =)

Lol... you didn't happen to tell the group what it was though did you? Because we may think we're stuck between a city guard and a warehouse guard.

Quakes
2012-06-04, 11:44 AM
I was with the group when I changed, so they should know that it's me.

crimson77
2012-06-04, 12:08 PM
Lol... you didn't happen to tell the group what it was though did you? Because we may think we're stuck between a city guard and a warehouse guard.

It really depends if he changed his face or not :smallbiggrin:

Quakes
2012-06-04, 12:10 PM
I would have changed my face enough so that it's obvious I'm not an elf, but still recognizable to the party. The disguise is mostly the uniform.

crimson77
2012-06-04, 12:19 PM
I would have changed my face enough so that it's obvious I'm not an elf, but still recognizable to the party. The disguise is mostly the uniform.

Ok then Lilella and Jadzik recognize you then.

crimson77
2012-06-04, 12:21 PM
Why yes, we are shortstaffed. You're lucky I was even in this district at this time of night...

It is mid morning

Quakes
2012-06-04, 12:23 PM
Good point. Will edit that, lol.

crimson77
2012-06-04, 12:53 PM
Good point. Will edit that, lol.

Great Thanks...

ninthbit
2012-06-04, 01:39 PM
Did the crate happen to break open when it fell. It made a loud thud, so just wondering if it fell hard enough to open.

fungusamnguss32
2012-06-04, 01:45 PM
Even if it didn't, Ort can open it later lol. Side note, love me some grapple. Don't give a poot about armor and if I take em by surprise they don't get dex either

ninthbit
2012-06-04, 02:02 PM
I was going to punch him out for the remaining HP, but what's the point. He's fatigued from the crate and wrapped up by a monk. In 6 seconds Ort gets more non-lethal and he drops.

I was just going to dig in the crate since I have a round to waste. :smallcool:

ninthbit
2012-06-04, 02:05 PM
Just curious if the wonderboy gets lucks with his grapple checks.
To break second grapple check: [roll0]

Edit: The guard goes, "ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........."

AngelEyes23
2012-06-04, 02:16 PM
Is fredrick indeed unconscious?

ninthbit
2012-06-04, 02:22 PM
Yes, he failed to break the grapple before Ort squeezed him out.
6HP < 5+5 monk goodness

Orts second check was a 26... poor bastard didn't have a chance.

AngelEyes23
2012-06-04, 02:28 PM
Normal dagger (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#dagger)

So glad the dunce cap matches my outfit...:smalltongue:


I actually really like how players are taking the initiative this game. Some games people will sit around for weeks waiting for another player to make a move. So great job for Lilella taking the initiative and going after the box.

Thanks, Lilella is a real go-getter, I just wasn't sure if it was ok to assume that Edward relayed his observations.


I wasn't upset about her initiative. That was just Jadzik role playing the fact that the weakest member was sent to get a heavy crate and that he needed to help. :smallbiggrin:

Happy to have your help, Lilella often forgets her strength limitations, trying to be "one of the big boys" :smallwink:

AsDeR
2012-06-04, 03:59 PM
So, Coldcoffee, if I make the remaining two guards leave, is there any box I could easily take?


Edward does not notice any other boxes on the cart. He can see that the other guards are still standing there looking puzzled as they watch their friend walk away with such a unique group of guards. They both seem as if they feel uncomfortable but they do not react.

I meant inside, where the guards where standing.

If not, I will just joind the rest.

crimson77
2012-06-04, 04:43 PM
So, Coldcoffee, if I make the remaining two guards leave, is there any box I could easily take?



I meant inside, where the guards where standing.

If not, I will just joind the rest.

He did not see any close to the entrance where the guards are standing. Additionally, he senses they are on a higher alert since something just does not seem quite right with what has just happened.

fungusamnguss32
2012-06-04, 05:54 PM
Y'all be sure to note what you take out of the pile. Ort will carry the rest in the backpack except for the battleaxe. I just need to know how much it will weigh afterwards

AsDeR
2012-06-04, 06:21 PM
He did not see any close to the entrance where the guards are standing. Additionally, he senses they are on a higher alert since something just does not seem quite right with what has just happened.

Ok, edited the IC post.

Edit: Do i get those 150xp points too?

AngelEyes23
2012-06-04, 07:12 PM
I'm really confused, I thought we were already back at the house before we opened the box?

crimson77
2012-06-04, 07:14 PM
Edit: Do i get those 150xp points too?

It is party XP. Everyone gets XP even if they were barely present (or even not present).