PDA

View Full Version : [PF] spells and death

arixe
2012-05-11, 04:49 PM
so i ran into an unexpected problem with my players recently. i was doing a tournament and my players fought eachother in the finals the rogue was wearing the determination armor which casts a breath of life spell when you hit 0 hp or lower. so she got paralized, enervated, and coup de graced she died and came back to life. i thought this would end the paralasis and the enervation. but some of the other players didnt agree so i wanted a non biased opinion on the matter. do harmful and beneficial spells end when you die.

Shadowknight12
2012-05-11, 04:53 PM
Unless the spell specifically states that they continue on after death (such as the Spawn Screen spell, from Libris Mortis and SpC), they end on account of you no longer being a valid target for the spell (you become a corpse instead of a creature). It's the same case of having someone under Dominate Person and then being turned into a creature of a different type: the spell ends because they're no longer a Humanoid, even if they turn back immediately afterwards.

arixe
2012-05-11, 04:59 PM
thanks i think my player just lost his head because he was in danger of losing if the rouge was unparalized