PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Dragon slayer Class

arixe
2012-05-11, 09:02 PM
So I've been giving this some thought and I'd like to see a dragon slayer class. In the traditional sense of a full plate knight that slays dragons. and the fairy tale version because that just be awesome. If im in the wrong place for getting help for making it or they already exist please tell me where i can get help.

Lemmy
2012-05-11, 10:00 PM
If you are looking for a homebrew class, you can use the "search" funciton of the forum. Chances are that someone already made a class that fits your concept (Most likely for 3.5, but it's usually not difficult to convert to PF).

Even if there is such homebrew, don't let that stop you from creating your own version. Homebrewing is fun! Besides, you may have a different idea of what should be the class' abilities, weaknesses, role and fluff.

My 2 cents:

Dragon Slayer should have...

Immunity to fear, since most dragons are terrifying.
Some resistance (and eventually immunity) to some kind of energy damage, to survive the beast's deadly breath weapons.
Good saves to resist the dragon's spells and breath weapon. Or at least a bonus against said effects.
Something similar to a ranger's Favored Enemy(Dragons)
A way to aproach the dragon without taking too many AoO due to the monster's reach (something like the "Mobility" feat and/or the Titan Mauler Barbarian's "Evade Reach" ability could help.)
A way to chase and/or bring down flying dragons.

arixe
2012-05-11, 10:07 PM
thanks haha

drew2u
2012-05-12, 06:53 AM
Hey Lemmy, how about a type of maiden pacifist that "soothes the savage beast" in tradition with dragon and saint legends?

Calmar
2012-05-12, 07:52 AM
So I've been giving this some thought and I'd like to see a dragon slayer class. In the traditional sense of a full plate knight that slays dragons. and the fairy tale version because that just be awesome. If im in the wrong place for getting help for making it or they already exist please tell me where i can get help.

I had the impression that the PF Paladin already fulfills the role of beast-slaying knight in shiny armour quite well.

When I think about dragon slayers, I think about ruthless mercenaries, like these guys. :)

http://s18.postimage.org/dnchxsh87/dragon_slayers.jpg

Lemmy
2012-05-12, 09:56 AM
I had the impression that the PF Paladin already fulfills the role of beast-slaying knight in shiny armour quite well.

Indeed. This could probably work as a Paladin or Ranger archetype. Depending if the player wants more of a "Valorous Knight Who Bravely Defeats Dragons" or "Badass Hunter Who Kills Dragons When They Least Expect" kind of flavor.

zegram 33
2012-05-12, 11:25 AM
sorry to nerd out, but...when you say "a fairy tale" version, do you mean like st george and the dragon, or natsu from fairy tail?
cuz theres DEFINATLEY a natsu base class or PrC kicking around these forums somewhere

arixe
2012-05-13, 04:10 AM
sorry i ment the natsu one and it was nice but didnt quite fit what i wanted. im working on my own right now i used bits of it as a spring board. its coming along nicely.