PDA

View Full Version : Ad Fail?

Lonely Tylenol
2012-05-11, 11:31 PM
I'm not sure if this belongs in its own threat or in the "Inappropriate Ads" sticky, but lately (the last two days) I've encountered a unique problem with the ad boxes: whenever I try to load a new page on the forum, the page loads (in order from the sidebar on the left, then from top to bottom) up until the first banner ad, whereupon my browser not only fails to load the ad, but fails to load the page completely. The page fails to load about 50% of the time I try to load a new page, and I think it may be related to a specific ad which isn't loading properly. As it stands, getting to this "Post New Thread" page from the subforum thread list yielded three failed results alone, plus two more getting here from the Roleplaying forums.

Basically, I just keep refreshing the page until I see the "Sir Perigold" ad at the top, because it's the only one that seems to be working right now.

Is there any way to resolve this?

Rae Artemi
2012-05-12, 01:41 AM
Considering the fact that the Sir Perigold ad is the only one displaying in the top bar currently, I don't think it would be a problem with a certain ad. Project Wonderful doesn't randomly generate the ads, they display constantly until they have been outbid.

Mordokai
2012-05-12, 01:55 AM
Ad blocker?

Zherog
2012-05-12, 10:47 AM
Dump your browser's cache.

Lonely Tylenol
2012-05-14, 04:24 AM
Considering the fact that the Sir Perigold ad is the only one displaying in the top bar currently, I don't think it would be a problem with a certain ad. Project Wonderful doesn't randomly generate the ads, they display constantly until they have been outbid.

That's peculiar. I wonder if it was on my side now.

My computer crashed (followed by a reboot), and the next time I came here, the ad changed. I haven't had any problems since. I don't know if the issue was related directly to the ad (or the ad service), but it was probably on my side.

Thanks, all.