PDA

View Full Version : Kobolds!

Talya
2012-05-12, 09:59 AM
yeah, so many people love the creepy little buggers.

How would you build (off on a tangent from another thread in which I was curious about a cleric) a Kobold cleric?

Dragonwrought, obviously. And venerable. Can you apply Dragonborn to a kobold, then take the dragonwrought feat at level 1? Dragonborn Earth Kobold, probably? Venerable Dragonborn Earth Kobold with the Dragonblood feat ends up -2 str, -2 dex, +3 int, +3 wis, +3 cha? Where do you go from there?

(No, I don't think the "you can take epic feats as a venerable true dragon!" thing will fly in this game.)

etrpgb
2012-05-12, 10:12 AM
Dragonwrought desert kobold child of eberron. Warmage of the level you need.

You cast all the warmage and druids spell spontaneously. Simple and effective.

Edit: if you really want a cleric take 10 levels in the Rainbow Servant class so you get the Cleric spells list.

Talya
2012-05-12, 10:34 AM
We're not in eberron.

Lostbutseeking
2012-05-12, 12:18 PM
For a cleric your options are pretty limited compared to sorcerer/wizard but one of note if you are using DMM:persist is the racial substitution for turn undead into another turn that counts as turn unddad for anything that needs it so you can pick up normal turn undead from another source (usuLly sacred exorcist) and have 2 turning pools to power DMM. If you can work around the alignment issues a one level dip into dread necromancer gives you 3 turning pools.

Waker
2012-05-12, 12:21 PM
Dragonwrought desert kobold child of Nidhogg. Warmage of the level you need.

Edit: if you really want a cleric take 10 levels in the Rainbow Servant class so you get the Cleric spells list.
There you go, now you don't need to be in Eberron.

smarti
2012-05-12, 02:59 PM
Try Dragonwrought, Dragonborn Jungle Kobold (or Earth) -

Cloistered Cleric 7, Crusader 1, RKV 10, Something 2 - though you might have to play around a little with what lever to put where to make sure you actually get the stances and maneuvers you want at the right lvl (the reason for CC 6 for example is that you get a stance with RKV at 1 that now can be thickets of blades)

The archtype cheese well doesn't even really help much .. its gives you the druid spell list to cast as arcane spells.. buhu.

DDM Persist at lvl 6 makes for nice divine power at 7 (for example) - make sure to take planning domain for extend spell.

etrpgb
2012-05-13, 03:07 AM
Dragonwrought desert kobold child of Nidhogg. Warmage of the level you need.

There you go, now you don't need to be in Eberron.

Now, this is a great idea. It is lore friendly, your DM will love it. Child of Nidhogg.

Question... but, why doing a Kobold at all if you cannot use the two main reasons (Epic feats and Eberron dragon powers). I know there are few other others dragon only nice feats... But there are much more easier choices.

Archivist Fire Gray Elf? Shugenja Petal?

GRM13
2012-05-13, 07:00 AM
So I looked up the child of Eberron as I was curious (quite awsome and might cosider that for my next character thank you for showing me this) and noticed tht there were other archetypes that did the same but for cleric spells. As the OP was mainly looking to be a cleric is there any reason to go for the druid one over the cleric one that I am missing, as this is the first time I've heard of these abilities not fully sure if there is some sort of catch that I'm missing.

etrpgb
2012-05-13, 02:59 PM
The catch is what you probably got... you need to be a Kobold!
And you have to give up to the first level feat so you can be a Dragonwrought. This second problem might be minor if flaws are allowed.

Question: what is the dragon Sovereign Archetype that gives your cleric spell list? I missed it... As far as I recall there are few that gives you few domains spell.

nedz
2012-05-13, 03:05 PM
Dragonwrought Venerable Kobold Sorceror with the Domain Access ACF from CChamp.
You only get one domain and no TU (unless you choose a domain which gives you this).

GRM13
2012-05-13, 03:19 PM
Fortune's Fang and Guide of the Weak state that you can cast cleric spells AND their own respective domains. I took this as that all main cleric spells being available and the domains being added.

etrpgb
2012-05-13, 03:27 PM
Nice... thanks for noticing.

Of course the OP needs to slip the Sovereign Archetypes to the settings he uses.

But if he succeed, a warmage, dread necromancer or beguiller with one of the archetypes that gives cleric spell access if the solution to the problem.

Edit: here are all the archetypes that give access to the cleric spell list:
Passion's flame
Master of the hoard
Lightkeeper
Guide of the weak
Fortune's fang

GRM13
2012-05-13, 03:48 PM
Must admit this thread has made me love kobolds even more. that is my DM let's me use this, but then again it's far from broken so I think it should be ok.

etrpgb
2012-05-14, 08:36 AM
Well... having the whole Cleric list (plus few domains and the warmage/beguiller/dread necromancer list) to cast spontaneously sounds fairly powerful to me.

But I guess it is not a problem in a high power game if you do not exaggerate with broken full casting PrC (example: an 10 Beguiller / 10 Incantrix with Beguiller list, Cleric list and Trickery domain does sound broken.)