PDA

View Full Version : All the ACFs, Help Please!

Roguenewb
2012-05-12, 12:13 PM
Despite the dramatic title, I'm not actually taking all the ACFs, but a lot of them, and I wanna know if this character works....

Mystic Wildshape Ranger 5 (taking Sword of the Arcane Order) (Trading Fast Movement for Pounce by Barbarian ACF)/Abjurant Champion 2/Swiftblade 10/Abjurant Champion 3.

Human

1:Two-Weapon Fighting
Weapon Finesse
Flaw: Combat Casting
Flaw2: Benefit Delayed: SotA at 4th (Other possibility is to pick something random than DCFS it at level four for 2250 gp)
3:Expeditious Dodge
6:Mobility
9: Arcane Strike
12: ITWF
15: GTWF
18: ???

The reason he takes all three TWFs is because he can use Arcane Strike and Wraithstrike to get all those extra hits in there.

Ideas? Critiques? Is this all too much, am I going to get a book thrown at my head?

Morph Bark
2012-05-12, 12:39 PM
Ask your DM first if he allows you to trade Fast Movement for the Spirit Lion Totem Pounce ability. Many DMs don't allow ACF chaining (as in getting ACFs, trading those abilities for other ACFs from other classes, and so on and so forth).

Otherwise looks good and with Arcane Strike you will also get an attack bonus, right? That will help offset the penalty you get to your attack rolls from TWF.

Snowbluff
2012-05-12, 12:50 PM
I already did this! Let me find it!

Hey, you take SoTA at 6, since Dodge + Mobility can betaken at first level. I don't know any DM who would rule against a Flaws benefits needing to be immediate. >.>

EDIT: Here! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241008)

Roguenewb
2012-05-12, 12:52 PM
Ask your DM first if he allows you to trade Fast Movement for the Spirit Lion Totem Pounce ability. Many DMs don't allow ACF chaining (as in getting ACFs, trading those abilities for other ACFs from other classes, and so on and so forth).

Otherwise looks good and with Arcane Strike you will also get an attack bonus, right? That will help offset the penalty you get to your attack rolls from TWF.

Yeah, and even if I can't Pounce, isn't there a ranger spell that's pounce? And the +10 speed lets me use Expeditious Dodge without taking the quick trait.

Snowbluff
2012-05-12, 12:56 PM
Yeah, and even if I can't Pounce, isn't there a ranger spell that's pounce? And the +10 speed lets me use Expeditious Dodge without taking the quick trait.

I don't care if there is a Ranger spell. There is a Wizard spell that does, so it does not matter.

Roguenewb
2012-05-12, 01:02 PM
There is?! Cool, what's it called?

Snowbluff
2012-05-12, 01:10 PM
There is?! Cool, what's it called?

Lol derp. It is a ranger spell. Lion's Charge in the spell compendium. Excuse me if I mix up Druid with Wizard spells, as my current build (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239524) has them both.