PDA

View Full Version : Rouges, Some Questions & etc... Help Needed..

Red_Dog
2012-05-12, 01:48 PM
Hello all, I'll be brief.

I have read this.
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=12405

It has been some time since I have build a Rouge or anyone who uses a sneak attack/sudden strike. I hope I can get some mechanical answers and than if anyone is feeling frisky, some suggestions for encounters for a certain character.

===========================================>

[I]Sneak Attack Triggers questions.

From SRD20 =>

The rogue’s attack deals extra damage any time her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the rogue flanks her target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level, and it increases by 1d6 every two rogue levels thereafter. Should the rogue score a critical hit with a sneak attack, this extra damage is not multiplied.
*To my understanding, being invisible denies dex to the opponents*

Would gaining partial/total concealment deny Dex to the opponent?
*Bonus points=> Using Silent Image to make Fog and knowing that its an image? Would this count as concealment for opponents that didn't disbelieved this?*

Would partial/total cover deny Dex to the opponent?
*Bonus points=> Attacker has cover, defender has cover, Attacker has Seeking Range weapon[and a wand of sneak attack at any range], would attacker be able to sneak attack the target*

If you are blinded by total darkness for example, would you loose your dex modifier?
*Strangely enough magical darkness doesn't seem to count as pitch black darkness. Even stranger, Psionic Power Control Light seem to be able to create total darkness? Are both of these true?*

To my understanding Entangled/half movement speed does not deny dexterity?

To my understanding, Spell Grease will require a reflex save not to fall, and THAN a balance check of 10? And anyone regardless of there successes will automatically loose there DEX as they are balancing without ranks even with a successful check?

Special Mention!=>
Sneak Attack with Splash Weapons.

After reading the "fist full of d6s" guide, it is my understanding that an Initial target of Acid/Alchemist's fire/Holywater[vs evil outsiders] takes a d6s+Sneak Attack on the successful sneak attack conditions fulfillment and all adjustment targets take just normal collateral damage. Never the less, this seems extremely potent as its a touch attack that you can make full attack actions with and apply sneak attack to. Am I correct here?

Generic advices.

How do you generally go about using Full Attack & Sneak Attack together?
*what is your favorite tactic and how does it usually works out for you?O_o*

How would you use Sneak Attack in a open massive battle situation?

What are your favorite ambush feats for ranged sneak attack? Melee Sneak Attack?

Is Vital Strike[Complete Mage] Wand a worth while investment? While it only needs minimum CL, it is a lvl3 sell and racks up 11.25k for only one guaranteed attack per round. So... thoughts? O_o

So that is about it. I did do my googling, but I came up with mostly confusing answers. I hope you guys/gals can help me out here ^^.

Thanks! ^^