PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]The Sublime Muses[Martial][Vestige][WIP][PEACH]

Germille
2012-05-12, 04:18 PM
The Sublime Muses:
About the sublime muses:
This is a pretentious idea I've been thinking from time to time, a set of three sexy vestiges that grant maneuvers and an special ability.
This is still a work in progress, I'll edit in the rest in as I feel more confortable with the idea, draw some portraits for the rest, and hear out the opinions on the first one. Also, if someone wants to correct my english I would be glad.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9019/neeliatable.png
Portrait:http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/931/muse1neelia.png (http://fav.me/d4zmhm0)
Granted Maneuvers granted by the sublime muses are extraordinaire abilities. but your knowledge and understanding of them is still supernatural. You would still lose them under any circunstance you would lose your superatural abilities.

Neelia Niuk, Neverending Will
Vestige Level: 2th.
Binding DC: 19.
Special Requirement: Yes.

Special Requirement: Neelia will only appear in front of the binder if he has in his posession a masterwork longsword and a masterwork string instrument. Both objects should be pressent during the binding. If the instrument is not present, she will still appear and sing for one minute a song about "the will to live" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tth-8wA3PdY) and then disappear.

Legend: It is said that she is not being contained by the chains, but she is actually holding something horrible, containing it, and making it impossible for it to come here.
Some binders in the past claimed to be able to talk out her past with her from time to time, so its said that she was one of the daughters of some forgotten hero trying to achieve immortality.

Manifestation: Neelia will appear forcefully throught the ground, she will fight and stretch the rusted spiked iron chains that contain her, while trying to grasp a mouthful of sky. She will cry while smiling.
When the pact is completed, she will smile to the binder and be pulled back to the ground until she disappears.

Sign: When a binder makes a pact with Neelia, his fingertips get crimson, like they were hurt trying to scratch a wall. Each time you fail a move silently check, beside you an echo of chains can be heard.

Influence: Under the influence of Neelia, you can’t give up. You feel that it's not right, that everything and everyone depends on this moment, that happiness will be forever ruined if you let them win. You can’t run from battle while under her influence.

Granted Abilities: Neelia grants you the ability to wear off the punishment like the warriors of legend. Powerful hits, combat prowess and that extra resiliense.

Maneuvers: While binding Neelia, you are imbued with martial talent
Each round: FoeHammer [devoted soul 2]
Each 5 rounds: Revitalizing Strike [devoted soul 3]
Stance: Stonefoot Stance [stone dragon 1]

Resiliense: As long as you bind Neelia Niuk, you gain the benefit of the Stone Power feat; in addition, if you already had Stone Power, treat your penalty as if it were 1 point higher for the purpose of determining how many temporary hit points.

Capriccio: Once a day/5 levels of binder you get protected automatically from any death effect, you get no choice on this. Capriccio doesn’t work if you don’t show the sign of Neelia Niuk.

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/920/eiramcopy.png
Portrait:
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9452/muse2oa.png

Eiram Van Schaack, Limitless Grace
Vestige Level: 5th.
Binding DC: 22.
Special Requirement: Yes.

Special Requirement: Eiram will only appear in front of the binder if he has in his possession a masterwork falchion and a masterwork hand mirror. Both objects should be pressent during the binding. If the mirror is not present she will still appear, but she will only pose for you one minute in suggestive ways and then dissapear.

Legend: Eiram is told to be the mother of all dancers, though rather than old her outfits always seem new and up to date to current dancing club standards.
Binders have noticed that Eiram provides good pacts automatically during the binder's birthday as long it's not the last day of the year. Pacts done that day show a sad and broken Eiram, full of bruises, that cries and covers her face or gives her back to the Binder.

Eiram sometimes talks about herself, explaining that she tried to escape from her bad patrons, and 'somehow' she managed to.

Manifestation: A antique mirror falls violently from the sky/ceiling inside the pentacle, it stands still without any crack. The mirror reflects another world, an insane one that can only be described as static for beings of our realm. Eiram Van Schaack appears inside of it, and before she negotiates with the binder she will always make sure that she can't pass throught. When the contract is done, the mirror cracks and turns into a normal mirror before vanishing away.

Sign: When a binder makes a pact with Eiram his reflection in mirrors and other shiny materials looks blurrier than normal, though he is still easily recognized.

Influence: Under the influence of Eiram, you feel a strong urge of getting approval of any kind. You can’t let pass an oportunity for people to aknowledge your greatness.

Granted Abilities: Eiram fills your movements with grace, making you able to deliver beautiful but deadly blows that inspire your allies.

Maneuvers: While binding Eiram, you are imbued with martial talent
Each round: Obscuring Shadow Veil [Shadow hand 4]
Each 5 rounds: Manticore Parry[Iron heart 6]<---This somehow doesn't fit... I think.
Stance: Dancing Blade form stance[Iron heart 5]

Gift to the sight: You gain the benefits of the Iron Heart Aura feat. If you already have the feat, the bonus granted raises to +3.

Capriccio: You're considered to be under the effects of Spell turning, when you pact with Eiram your DM rolls secretly how many spell levels you get, and this roll lasts until expended or the pact is finished. This power doesn’t work if you don’t show the sign of Eiram.

Amechra
2012-05-13, 10:20 AM
If you want, I'll go through and correct your grammar for you when I have time.

It looks nice; the one issue I can see is Revitalizing Strike 1/5 rounds; considering that you can bind this Vestige at 1st level if you are willing to pay the feat tax, that is kinda strong; though it is just some healing for your allies...

Resilience can be better phrased as:

As long as you bind Neelia Niuk, you gain the benefit of the Stone Power feat; in addition, whenever you use that feat, treat your penalty as if it were 1 point higher for the purpose of determining how many temporary hit points.

Cappricio isn't really something that a vestige would grant; the entire point of the system is that you can use your awesome as many times as you want in a day.

I would suggest having it give you Immunity to Death Effects, which is bypassed if the person using one on you is at least 4 ECLs higher than you are; that still fits the fluff, and reduces book-keeping.

If you want it to still scale, make Resilience's bonus point ignore the BAB +10 cap, and have the Penalty scale to match, oh, I don't know, 1+1/5 Binder levels.

All in all, I can't wait to see the other ones (I had half expected to see a vestige for the 10th muse (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-960), which I know want to write, come to think of it.)

Germille
2012-05-15, 09:28 PM
I edited in the second muse: Though some of the powers seem a little too fuzzy to me. Spellturning seems really powerful, but I wanted a "mirror attack" effect somewhere given the special situation of the vestige. Any weaker suggestions would be awesome.

It looks nice; the one issue I can see is Revitalizing Strike 1/5 rounds; considering that you can bind this Vestige at 1st level if you are willing to pay the feat tax, that is kinda strong; though it is just some healing for your allies...

If you pay a feat for it, and considering it has special non cheap prerequisites, It doesn't seem too much. Thought I can see your wariness

Cappricio isn't really something that a vestige would grant; the entire point of the system is that you can use your awesome as many times as you want in a day.
Capriccio is like some sort of "extra" that the muses give as some sort of theme, a one or two times 'save your ass' thing. Though I remember seeing vestiges that granted daily stuff. (like those psionic vestiges that gave a daily allotment of pp and some powers)

If you want it to still scale, make Resilience's bonus point ignore the BAB +10 cap, and have the Penalty scale to match, oh, I don't know, 1+1/5 Binder levels.

This one seems interesting, though I don't know if it's too much already. Perhaps given that the limited death immunity is weak it wouldn't be so bad.

All in all, I can't wait to see the other ones (I had half expected to see a vestige for the 10th muse (http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-960), which I know want to write, come to think of it.)
I love SCP... are we cool yet?