PDA

View Full Version : Aggressive melee build help

gnomercy
2012-05-12, 07:10 PM
Hey guys,

I have stats of 18,16,16,14,12,10. I was thinking about making a spike chain tripper. We are only level two. What would you guys do with these stats? We can not be a Wizard. We are core+srd+complete warrior(some of it DM's discretion). Reason i wanted a melee champ was i play a batman wizard in another campaign and i wanted to roll some dice. :) Any imput on build, feats, so on.

Thanks for your help.

Zanthy1
2012-05-12, 07:45 PM
The problem with a spike chain tripper is that you'd need to take an exotic weapon feat for optimal use. If you were a Half orc barbarian I'd strongly advise putting the 18 in either dex, or con. Put a 16 in str because the racial +2 will make it a super sexy 18. Consider taking weapon focus with a weapon of your choice (the classic barbarian weapon being a greataxe) or maybe dodge, or endurance. If you want to do more dice rolling, then you could put that feat into a skill booster, so that when that skill is needed, you are mor elikely to make the successful roll

Keld Denar
2012-05-12, 09:31 PM
You have all of the resources for a very aggressive charger. You get Shocktrooper and Frenzied Zerker from CWarrior. Just understand there is a very real chance that you might vet VERY dead from tanking your AC before Deathless Frenzy comes online, and you might be very vulnerable to snipers, traps, and Grease spells.

I wouldn't go to that level though. Bad team player.

Hiro Protagonest
2012-05-12, 10:11 PM
Don't go half-orc. Human Wolf Totem barbarian is good, since Wolf Totem gets Improved Trip without requiring Combat Expertise. Improved Trip, Exotic Weapon Proficiency, and Combat Reflexes, all by level 2. Then get Stand Still at level 3, Power Attack at level 6, Improved Bull Rush at level 9, and Shock Trooper at level 12. Or, take two levels of fighter after two levels of barbarian, thus speeding up the process so you have all those feats by level 6. Don't bother trying to get the charger build off before that, Shock Trooper requires BAB +6 anyway. Past that, Iron Will is a decent choice, and Combat Brute adds more fun to the charging and bull rushing.

Of course, with your very limited source list, half-orc might be a decent option. It delays your feat progression quite a bit, but a +1 bonus on bull rush and sunder, as well as attack rolls, never hurt, and it's the next best thing to Jotunbrud, which would've also delayed your feat progression (it's basically a human ARF that replaces bonus feat), and lets you count as a size category bigger for the purpose of special combat maneuvers. If you can get the wizard to cast Enlarge Person on you, that's okay. Psychic warrior levels after the fighter and barbarian are better, and due to the bonus feats, half-orc makes a better option than before.