PDA

View Full Version : Pricing an item...

Trodon
2012-05-12, 08:09 PM
Hi! It's been a while since I've been here and done anything. So I'm making a race to go with the setting I'm making (has yet to be posted anywhere, nowhere near that stage yet) and I need some help pricing a rather specific magical item for them. A little of the race: they're essentially living crystal, and can shape their arms into weapons and shields (two-handed and ranged weapons too), and I was wanting to give them a way to enchant their crystalline weapon/shield. So I thought of a gem, a gem which holds enchantments and when embedded in the limb gives whatever weapon/shield it turns into the enchantments it has. Can I get some assistance?

Sypher667
2012-05-12, 08:12 PM
If you own the Magic Item Compendium, perhaps look at the weapon augment crystals for some idea.
I dont have a good sense of price, but would say more than the normal amount for the equivalent enchantment, cause they would be able to switch out as needed.

Trodon
2012-05-12, 08:21 PM
I do, but I've barely looked at it, I'll do that when I get back to the book. I figured it would be a bit more expensive, but then again characters could just have a few magical weapons with different enchantments. It's pretty much the same thing, just a crystal and not another weapon.