PDA

View Full Version : King of Pong Build Help

Kyouhen
2012-05-12, 10:11 PM
Greetings playgrounders!

So my most recent character exploded horribly and I get to bring out a build I've been eager to have a shot at, the King of Pong (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5897646).

My version of the character primarily favours simply wading into combat and knocking everyone around. I had played him in a one-shot game at level 6 and all he really did was run through walls/doors/enemies/etc and was incredibly amusing. Only real reason I'm going with King of Pong build is because the bull-rush heavy tactics he favours leaves him lacking in ranged battles, and the build doesn't hurt them at all.

Here's what I have so far (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=363699)

Yes he's pretty much entirely just Person Man's build. As I said it works really well for the character. The problem is I still have 2 levels to play with and can't figure out what to do with them.

I'd like to do something amusing that lets me do hilarious things to enemies I pick up to throw. Things like the ability to make any weapon I use gain the flaming property. The DM has offered to give me the ability to get into a variant Arcane Archer that would work with my thrown weapons instead, and this campaign has an abundance of items that give me the ability to cast spells I could charge them with. I'm just not quite sure that's the path I want to take. Something to improve my ability to just wreck any physical object that gets in my way would also be nice.

So playgrounders, what do you guys think? I'm tempted to toy around with the build a bit so I can get into Drunken Master and grab Two With One Shot, or take another level in Hulking Hurler to get the ability to automatically knock someone down when I hit them. Problem with Two With One Shot is I won't normally have targets for it, and the enemies in this campaign tend to be big enough the Hulking Hurler ability probably won't be too useful. Anyone have any ideas?

Hiro Protagonest
2012-05-12, 10:26 PM
*looks at sheet*

Boulder
Character Name

THE BOULDER! is going to win this one, in a landslide!

Kyouhen
2012-05-12, 10:28 PM
*looks at sheet*

Boulder
Character Name

THE BOULDER! is going to win this one, in a landslide!

Yes that was intentional. Yes he acts like that. Yes the puns make my DM cry. This is also why I prefer simply wrecking things over simply throwing everyone at everyone else. THE BOULDER would much rather go Kool-Aid Man on his enemies. :smalltongue:

grarrrg
2012-05-12, 10:52 PM
Yes that was intentional. Yes he acts like that. Yes the puns make my DM cry. This is also why I prefer simply wrecking things over simply throwing everyone at everyone else. THE BOULDER would much rather go Kool-Aid Man on his enemies. :smalltongue:

Beware of 10 year old little blind girls...they can mess you up bad...

Hiro Protagonest
2012-05-12, 10:53 PM
Beware of 10 year old little blind girls...they can mess you up bad...

12 year old. And only if they're good enough to get to the top of an underground fighting arena.

grarrrg
2012-05-13, 12:25 AM
12 year old. And only if they're good enough to get to the top of an underground fighting arena.

10 or 12, doesn't much matter. Pretty much all the main characters were 14 at the most.
'Cept the one.
He was about 110...