PDA

View Full Version : Items for a Dragon Shaman

rgrekejin
2012-05-12, 10:47 PM
Greetings, fellow forumites. I've got a bit of a problem, and I was wondering if you could help me out. I'm presently DMing a 3.5 campaign, and one of my players is playing the Dragon Shaman class from the PHBII. I'm looking for magic items that would be useful for this player. Therein lies the problem - there seems to be approximately zero support for this class. I can't find much of anything that synergizes well with the class abilities, beyond the basic stat-boosting items. Does anybody know of any items that work nicely for a Dragon Shaman?

The character in question is a half-orc with the dragonblood subtype, presently at 7th level, but down-the-road suggestions are useful too. All the regular D&D splatbooks are available, but not Forgotten Realms or Eberron.

Edit: I forgot to mention, her totem dragon is copper.

Aethir
2012-05-12, 11:23 PM
Dragon Spirit Cincture (2,000gp Magic Item Compendium) will give him an extra die of breath weapon damage, and if he gets a least energy assault crystal of his type (600gp, also from MIC) for whatever weapon he carries, it will increase his breath weapon DC by 1 as well.

gorfnab
2012-05-12, 11:27 PM
I'm not seeing any gear listed in the Dragon Shaman Handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214007). I would suggest going with the basics. Pump up the AC, find a decent weapon, have some form of healing and buffs.

rgrekejin
2012-05-12, 11:45 PM
Dragon Spirit Cincture (2,000gp Magic Item Compendium) will give him an extra die of breath weapon damage, and if he gets a least energy assault crystal of his type (600gp, also from MIC) for whatever weapon he carries, it will increase his breath weapon DC by 1 as well.

Ooo... good find! Thank you.

Igneel
2012-05-13, 01:47 AM
I personally prefer going with Dragonfang weapons (Draconomicon, +300gp, includes Masterwork) on a off hand weapon like a Claw Bracer (Arms and Equipment), or Dagger for effectively the same effect but not nullified in Anti-Magic fields. Also makes it a prime target to enchant Rusting (Shining South?) or Eager/Warning (MIC).

A Dragon Spirit Amulet (MIC, same page as Dragon Spirit Cincture) increases the range of your Draconic Auras to 60ft 1 round, 3/day for 2k. If it was me I would ask the Dm if you can make a Continuous version for an increased price.

Glaring Eye draconic graft (Races of the Dragon, 10k) gets you Blindsense 30ft, +2 Search & Spot checks, and Immunity to Sleep effects.

At higher levels a Metabolic Fire draconic graft (Races of the Dragon, 56k) gets you a additional breath weapon that deals 6d8 damage. If you didn't grab one of the more 'powerful' elemental breaths from Dragon Shaman you can get it from here. Along with this, the Crown of North Winds (Dragons of Faerun, 70k) allows you to change your energy damage breath weapons for a Metallic Dragon's alternate breath pending on the type of damage it dealt. Fire gets you Weakening and Sleep (Gold and Brass), electricity a Repulsion (Bronze), acid for Slow (Copper), and cold for Paralyzing.