PDA

View Full Version : Eilistraee (and Divine Rules) (PF)

Amiel
2012-05-13, 08:18 AM
Eilistraee
The Dark Maiden, Lady of the Dance, Lady Silverhair
Lesser Drow Power
Symbol: A nude long-haired female drow dancing with a silver bastard sword in front of a full, silver moon, with silvery filaments around all in a nimbus
Home Plane: Nidavellir/Svartalfheim, Arvandor
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Portfolio: Song, beauty, dance, swordwork, hunting, moonlight
Worshipers: Good-aligned drow, humans, hunters, surface-dwelling elves, half-elves
Cleric Alignments: CG, CN, NG
Domains: Chaos, Charm, Community, Good, Moon
Favored Weapon: The Moonsword (bastard sword)

Eilistraee CR 37
Divine Rank 7
Bard (Dervish Dancer) 20/Fighter (Mobile Fighter) 17
CG Medium outsider (chaotic, divine, extraplanar, good)
Init +24, always first; Senses portfolio sense, remote sensing, true seeing
Aura divine aura (700 ft. DC 51)
DEFENSE
AC 57, touch 50, flat-footed 40 (+16 deflection, +17 Dex, +7 divine, +7 natural)
hp 522 (20d8+17d10+222)
Fort +27, Ref +51, Will +35; +4 vs. bardic performance, language–dependent, and sonic
DR 30/epic and cold iron Immune ability damage, ability drain, banishment, cold, death effects, energy drain, form-altering effects, paralysis, sonic, stunning; Resist acid 40, electricity 40, fire 40; SR 49
OFFENSE
Speed 130 ft.
Melee The Moonsword +60/+55/+50/+45 (1d10+21)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks battle dance 58 rounds/day (distraction, fascinate, inspired competence +12, inspire courage +8, inspire greatness +4, inspire heroics), battle fury, dance of fury, leaping attack, rapid attack, whirlwind blitz
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 37th)
At will—align weapon (chaos only), align weapon (good only), animate objects, aspect of the wolf, blade barrier, bless, calm emotions, chaos hammer, charm monster, charm person, cloak of chaos, control water, darkness, darkvision, demand, dispel evil, dispel law, dominate monster, geas/quest, greater teleport, heroes' feast, heroism, holy aura, holy smite, horrid wilting, imbue with spell ability, insanity, lunar veil, magic circle against evil, magic circle against law, mass cure critical wounds, meteor swarm, miracle, moonstruck, owl's wisdom, prayer, protection from evil, protection from law, refuge, shield other, suggestion, summon monster IX (chaos spell only), summon monster IX (good spell only), telepathic bond, word of chaos
Bard Spells Known (CL 37th)
6th (8/day)—analyse dweomer, find the path irresistible dance, mass cat’s grace, mass eagle’s splendour, mass fox’s cunning
5th (8/day)—greater dispel magic (2), greater heroism, mass cure light wounds (2), mislead (2), seeming
4th (10/day)—break enchantment (4), cure critical wounds (2), freedom of movement, hold monster, locate creature, zone of silence
3rd (10/day)—blink, cure serious wounds, deep slumber, displacement, good hope, haste, see invisibility, slow, speak with animals, tiny hut
2nd (10/day)—blur, calm emotions (3), daze monster, enthrall, heroism, locate object, silence, tongues
1st (10/day)—disguise self, expeditious retreat, feather fall (4), remove fear (4)
0 (at will)—dancing lights, daze, detect magic, mending, open/close, prestidigitation, resistance, summon instrument (3)
STATISTICS
Str 24, Dex 42, Con 22, Int 30, Wis 26, Cha 42
Base Atk +26; CMB +42; CMD 59
Feats Acrobatic, Agile Maneuvers, Arcane Strike, Cleave, Combat Expertise, Create Portal, Dodge, Great Cleave, Greater Vital Strike, Greater Weapon Focus (bastard sword), Improved Initiative, Improved Sidestep, Improved Vital Strike, Lightning Reflexes, Mobility, Persuasive, Power Attack, Sidestep, Skill Focus (Perform [dance]), Skill Focus (Perform [sing]), Spring Attack, Vital Strike, Weapon Focus (bastard sword)
Epic Feats Epic Reflexes, Epic Skill Focus (Perform [dance]), Epic Skill Focus (Perform [sing]), Superior Initiative
Skills
Languages Supernal, remote communication
SQ agility, block sensing, cantrips, countersong, domain spells, fleet, fleet footed, jack-of-all-trades (use any skill), spell-like abilities, versatile dance (dance, sing), well-versed
Divine Abilities Create Items, Create Proxy, Divine Actions, Grant Spells, Divine Realm
Salient Divine Abilities Alter Reality, Divine Bard, Divine Blast (18/day, 23d12 points of damage), Divine Dodge (57%), Divine Shield (70 points of damage, 16/day), Divine Weapon Focus (bastard sword), Extra Domain (Community), Supreme Initiative, Sword Dance
ECOLOGY
Environment Arvandor
Organization solitary
Treasure none

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Alter Reality: Eilistraee can duplicate the effects of any spell of 15 level or lower, as a full round action. Her caster level is 37th and the save DC is 42.

Create Items: Eilistraee can create items related to her portfolio without the requisite item creation feats, provided she meets the other prerequisites.

Divine Actions: Eilistraee has an additional three full round actions she can perform.

Sword Dance (Unique Salient Divine Ability): Eilistraee can apply her Dexterity bonus to attacks she makes with bastard swords.

Domain Powers

Chaos Domain: Eilistraee’s touch infuses life and weapons with chaos, and she revels in all things anarchic.

Touch of Chaos (Sp): Eilistraee can imbue a target with chaos as a melee touch attack. For the next 7 rounds, anytime the target rolls a d20, he must roll twice and take the less favorable result. Eilistraee can use this ability 18 times per day.

Chaos Blade (Su): Eilistraee can give a weapon touched the anarchic special weapon quality for 18 rounds. She can use this ability 7 times per day.
Charm Domain: Eilistraee can baffle and befuddle foes with a touch or smile, and her beauty and grace are divine.

Dazing Touch (Sp): Eilistraee can cause a living creature to become dazed for 7 rounds as a melee touch attack. Creatures with 37 Hit Dice are unaffected. She can use this ability 18 times per day

Charming Smile (Sp): Eilistraee can cast charm person as a swift action, with a DC 43. She can only have one creature charmed in this way at a time for 37 rounds per day. The rounds do not need to be consecutive, and she can dismiss the charm at any time as a free action. Each attempt to use this ability consumes 1 round of its duration, whether or not the creature succeeds on its save to resist the effect.

Community Domain: Eilistraee’s touch can heal wounds, and her presence instils unity and strengths emotional bonds.

Calming Touch (Sp): Eilistraee can touch a creature as a standard action to heal it of 37d6 points of nonlethal damage. This touch also removes the fatigued, shaken, and sickened conditions (but has no effect on more severe conditions). She can use this ability 18 times per day.

Unity (Su): Whenever a spell or effect targets Eilistraee and one or more allies within 30 feet, she can use this ability to allow her allies to use Eilistraee’s saving throw against the effect in place of their own. Each ally must decide individually before the rolls are made. Using this ability is an immediate action. Eilistraee can use this ability 7 times per day.

Good Domain: Eilistraee has pledged her divinity and soul to goodness and purity.

Touch of Good (Sp): Eilistraee can touch a creature as a standard action, granting a +18 sacred bonus on attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws. She can use this ability a number of 18 times per day.

Holy Lance (Su): Eilistraee can give a weapon she touches the holy special weapon quality 18 rounds per day. She can use this ability 7 times per day.

Agility (Ex): Eilistraee gains a +7 bonus on saving throws made against effects that cause her to become paralyzed, slowed, or entangled.
Battle Dance: Eilistraee can use the Perform skill, especially dance, to create magical effects on herself. This works like bardic performance, except Eilistraee only affects herself, and does not need to be able to see or hear her own performance. Battle dancing is treated as bardic performance for the purposes of feats, abilities, effects, and the like that affect bardic performance.

Eilistraee may start a battle dance as a swift action, but it can be maintained each round as a free action. Changing a battle dance from one effect to another requires Eilistraee to stop the previous performance and start the new one as a move action. Like a bard, Eilistraee’s performance ends immediately if she is paralyzed, stunned, knocked unconscious, or otherwise prevented from taking a free action each round.
Eilistraee gains the inspire courage, inspire greatness, and inspire heroics bardic performance types as battle dances, but these only provide benefit to the dervish dancer herself.

Rain of Blows (Su): Eilistraee can use her battle dance to speed up her attacks. When making a full attack action, she may make one extra attack with any weapon she is holding, as though under the effects of a haste spell. She also gains a +7 bonus on attack rolls and a +7 dodge bonus to AC and on Reflex saves. These bonuses do not stack with the haste spell.

Razor's Kiss (Su): Eilistraee can use her battle dance to improve her weapons' critical range. All attacks she makes with manufactured weapons are treated as though she had the Improved Critical feat.

Leaf on the Wind (Su): Eilistraee can use her battle dance to evade attacks with unearthly grace and to shake off the effects of her wounds. Unlike other battle dances, leaf on the wind requires a standard action each round to start or maintain the performance. Each round it is maintained, including the first, Eilistraee gains a +7 dodge bonus to Armor Class and on Reflex saves. If wounded, she heals 20 hit points of damage.

Battle Fury (Su): Eilistraee can unleash a whirlwind of blows while performing a battle dance. As a full-round action, she can take a single move action and unleash a single attack at her highest bonus against each target within her reach during any point of her move, up to a maximum number of 20 attacks. This movement provokes attacks of opportunity as normal.

Dance of Fury (Su): Eilistraee can attack more than once as she moves while performing a battle dance. She can combine a full-attack action with a single move, taking the attacks at any point during her movement, but must move at least 5 feet between each attack. This movement provokes attacks of opportunity as normal.

Fleet (Su): While performing a battle dance, Eilistraee gains a +30 enhancement bonus to her land speed.

Fleet Footed (Ex): Eilistraee’s speed increases by 10 feet. She can take 10 on Acrobatics checks even while distracted or threatened, and can take 20 on an Acrobatics check 7/day.

Leaping Attack (Ex): When Eilistraee moves at least 5 feet prior to attacking, she gains a +7 bonus on attack and damage rolls.

Rapid Attack (Ex): Eilistraee can combine a full attack action with a single move. She must forego the attack at her highest bonus but may take the remaining attacks at any point during her movement. This movement provokes attacks of opportunity as normal.

Versatile Dance (Ex): Eilistraee gains a bonus equal to half her level on Perform (dance) checks. She can use her bonus for her Perform (dance) skill in place of her bonus for Acrobatics.

Whirlwind Blitz (Ex): Eilistraee can make a full-attack action as a standard action. She may also use Whirlwind Attack as a standard action.

LordofBones
2012-05-13, 12:22 PM
You missed out her weapon description, but this looks interesting; I like the idea of statting deity avatars using divine ranks (as opposed to statting the actual powers themselves).

If you're still taking requests, could you do Velsharoon?

Amiel
2012-05-14, 08:25 AM
You missed out her weapon description, but this looks interesting; I like the idea of statting deity avatars using divine ranks (as opposed to statting the actual powers themselves).

Ah, of course, I knew I was missing out on something, thanks for the catch; I'm still tinkering here and there. Insofar as avatar stats go, Eilistraee manages to sit within strata (epic beings), she isn't too powerful (although her divinity makes her powerful) or weak.

I'm thinking of different tiers of divinity - aspect, avatar, manifestation.
A deity's aspect will sit around 10 HD, while an avatar will be 30 HD+ and a manifestation will start from 45 HD.

If you're still taking requests, could you do Velsharoon?

Sure.

Debihuman
2012-05-14, 09:41 AM
Avatar's skill section is missing too.

Debby

Amiel
2012-05-15, 05:12 AM
Avatar's skill section is missing too.

Debby

Good to hear (read) from you, Debby :smallsmile:
Heh, skills are always the bane of my existence. I need to do them.

LordofBones
2012-05-15, 09:55 AM
I would suggest against using the term manifestation; in Powers and Pantheons and Faiths and Avatars a deity's manifestations are essentially divine signs or events used to herald or mark a power's interest, aid or appearance.

For example, Myrkul manifested as a skeletal hand that could point out things of note or wield a scimitar, Cyric manifests as a bloody wraith in dreams and Velsharoon manifests as a gigantic fiery skull.

I would suggest the term Embodiment.

toapat
2012-05-16, 10:13 PM
Incarnate maybe? the proper term for a divine manifest is avatar, but thats not really how avatars are defined in story and gameplay. the thing is, gods are supposed to be incomprehensible beings who would annihilate the prime material planes by appearing.

In Other News: I suggests something such as Naked Defense from EN armory: Chainmail Bikini to give her even more armor (+10 Circumstance armor).

Amiel
2012-05-18, 09:41 AM
I would suggest against using the term manifestation; in Powers and Pantheons and Faiths and Avatars a deity's manifestations are essentially divine signs or events used to herald or mark a power's interest, aid or appearance.

For example, Myrkul manifested as a skeletal hand that could point out things of note or wield a scimitar, Cyric manifests as a bloody wraith in dreams and Velsharoon manifests as a gigantic fiery skull.

I would suggest the term Embodiment.

Incarnate maybe? the proper term for a divine manifest is avatar, but thats not really how avatars are defined in story and gameplay. the thing is, gods are supposed to be incomprehensible beings who would annihilate the prime material planes by appearing.

In Other News: I suggests something such as Naked Defense from EN armory: Chainmail Bikini to give her even more armor (+10 Circumstance armor).

The naming convention indeed poses a dilemma. You're right that manifestation as the term is used within sourcebooks has a specific meaning. What if Revelation is used instead, although I like Embodiment and Incarnate.

Interesting idea for Naked Defense; this means that I could get rid of a purely mechanical ability like Divine Blast, or modify Divine Shield. I was thinking of creating Salient Abilities for Eilistraee with her different titles in mind.

LordofBones
2012-05-18, 11:43 AM
Revelation sounds more like a secret of the faith than an extension of the deity's will. It sounds like a special quality a proxy or chosen of a god would possess.

Debihuman
2012-05-19, 09:04 AM
That block of text is really hard on the eyes; any chance you could break it up a bit?

Debby

Amiel
2012-05-27, 08:50 PM
Revelation sounds more like a secret of the faith than an extension of the deity's will. It sounds like a special quality a proxy or chosen of a god would possess.

You make strong points; revelation shall be used in a different context.

I'm thinking of keeping linguistic lineage with older editions, thus manifestations will be used as per its appearance in Faiths and Avatars.

That block of text is really hard on the eyes; any chance you could break it up a bit?

Debby

Not a problem, Debby.

Eilistraee will also need to be edited, as currently the statistics are not satisfying my aims or my thoughts of what a deity should look like; the immunities line will be changed, and salient divine abilities named for Eilistraee's titles (rather than the generic stale appearances in Deities and Demigods) shall be included, as will the weapon description and Skills line.

I'm also thinking of looking at the Portfolios and adding special abilities according to divine tier; so Eilistraee as a lesser deity, will have additional domain powers related to her status.