PDA

View Full Version : Rokugan Campaign Help

NomMon5ter
2012-05-13, 02:11 PM
Alright, so, I realize I'm new here to GITP Forum, and I'm sure there is probably a hundred threads spread out all over dealing with DM's/GM's/ST's needing help.

And if there -actually are- hundreds, forgive me :smalleek:

But, I find myself in need of some help. Actually...a lot of help. But that's another issue. As far as game goes, yes, I need some help. Or, at least, some advice.

Now, because this game of mine is wide-concept, meaning there are multiple parties in different locations, all acting at the same time, for now, I'll post up the trials and tribulations of the active party.

All I'm really looking for is suggestions/storyline/plothook ideas. Aaaaand I've already scoured the CFS archives across the Internets, and came up with really nothing viable for my games.

So....here is the story....

I have used the storyline that Akodo Kaneka has gone ahead and taken the mantle of Shogun of Rokugan. [For -this- explanation, because it is too long, seek Kaneka out here: http://l5r.wikia.com/wiki/Legend_of_the_Five_Rings_Wiki ] Anyway, I've changed some things. Kaneka has a half-sister, one of my PC's, her father is Akodo Ginwa, her mother it Lady Hatsuko, i.e. Kaneka's mother. Emperor Toturi I has died, buried, his wife Kaeda, the Oracle of Void, is gone, Kaneka's sister, Golden General Tsudeo has gone off to help the Lion with the Tsuno invasion, Sezaru has gone on a quest to find out what happened to his mother and father and is currently rebuilding the Dragonfly Clan, and Naseru is plotting behind the scenes. This....is all backdrop.

Akodo Kiyumi, Kaneka's half sister, married Doji Kurohito, the Crane Clan Champion. She has in her service 2 Doji Courtiers, 3 Kaikita midwives, a Doji ex-Courtier as her midwife-Matron. She recently hired a Daidoji Samurai-ko Yojimbo, had this woman gather her family up, and join Kiyumi and her head guard, a Captian in the Daidoji Heavy Regulars. With all of the problems happening in Kyuden Doji, Daimyo Kurohito conferred with Shogun Kaneka, and they decided that moving Kiyumi, pregnant and all, to the Black Crane Estates down in Yasuki territory.

Why? Why would you send a pregnant woman and that big of an entourage away from her husband? Because she also has a Shosuro 'Heimen' Ninja she recently promoted to Yojimbo as a protectorate...and because Kyuden Doji was falling to corruption and mayhem...and endangering the future ruler of the Doji and the Crane as a whole, by keeping a pregnant Shugenja there was a bad idea.

So, they've got attacked by mountain lions, got veiled threats by Daimyo Ichiro of the Wasp, met up with Lady Hatsuko in Frost Village for a quick mother-daughter scene and Kiyumi's Ninja inadvertently got given the Egg of P'an Ku. They got jumped by Ichibe, a Bandit Lord who sells women in Ryoko Owari, and they took him prisoner when the ambush failed. In Wolf City, they gave Ichibe over to the Magistrate, who imprisoned him for trial. His men broke him out shortly there after and Kiyumi picked up a Kharma-Wheel spun old friend in a Shiba-vassal Family Sodona Archer.

The group makes a major stop in the Daidoji Training Grounds, where things began to go wrong.

Their traveling papers are stolen, and Daimyo Daidoji Rekai has a recently standing law that says no one, short of the Clan Champion himself, is allowed to leave a military fortification, which the Daidoji Training Grounds are, without traveling papers. {I had their papers stolen by Daidoji Harriers as a secret induction test, kind of like being jumped into a modern gang. I did this to keep the party there another day so I could introduce my next bit.}

While watching the Daidoji exhibition show, a Courtier, Doji Makato, approaches Lady Kiyumi, and gives to her a gift of four katanas, finely crafted and perfect in every way. He is also -very- cordial, courteous, knowledgeable and friendly. That's because secretly he's a Kolat Agent, and those four katanas were given to her, and her Ninja Yojimbo, her Heavy Regular Guard and her Sodona Archer friend, because those swords were the infamous Blood Swords created by The Bloodlord, Iuchiban. {Because these swords are that special, i.e. Intelligent weapons as well as a whole host of nasty abilities, they also can't be detected as 'evil'}

So far, there has only been one outburst-attack due to the Bloodsword's influence, and it was that poor Heavy Regular Captain. He got JUDGEMENT, and nearly drew-down on Kiyumi's Ninja Yojimbo. I should point out four things about that Yojimbo:

1: He's a PC's character.

2: He's Honor-1/Neutral Evil kind of Ninja who has been paid -an incredible- amount of money by Hatsuko to look after her children.

3: He's in possession of a duplicate of the Egg of P'an Ku, not the original one.

4:.....He's already had used the Egg of P'an Ku once, throwing himself into the service of The Shadow Dragon/Lying Darkness, with 5 Shadow points to his name.

Now, that conflict due to JUDGEMENT's influence over the Captain Heavy Regular was averted. But there's two other conflicts to deal with.

Daimyo Daidoji Rekai -was livid- when she found out that her two prized pupils in the Academy, indecently the daughters of Kiyumi's newly appointed Samurai-Ko Yojimbo, were going to be taken -out- of the Academy, sent traveling, and given free tuition to the Kaikita Dueling Academy in their coming years, so she gave Kiyumi an ultimatium: Either you stay here for two weeks, battling court and legal tape, and requisition a new set of traveling papers...or you give the girls back to her, and she would draft new traveling papers right then and there. Kiyumi -wont- leave the girls where Ichibe, the Bandit Lord, might come looking for them since he and the Captain Heavy Regular have a past. So, giving them up is out of the question. The fact is, those girls have been secretly chosen to be the next generation of Daidoji Harriers, since they are prodigies of sorts, and have black outline tattoos of a chrysanthemum on their backs where their hearts would be. When they would become Harriers, it would be filled in blue, as their symbol always is, marking them. Two people know this fact: their mother, who is hiding it, and Daimyo Rekai, who will always deny the Harrier's existence since it is the Daidoji's secret coven of assassins.

Issue two is the fact that if Kiyumi starts anything political against Daimyo Rekai, it'll be social suicide since Daidoji are -still Crane-. Kiyumi's husband, Daimyo Kurohito, has said to have her Ninja Yojimbo to simply smuggle them out of the city to avoid everything, knowing full well that her Yojimbo's talet with Disguise is legendary...as he is also a Butei Academy graduate.

OK......Wow.......yeah, I know, that was -too much- to take in. but I'm in real need of help...because I have -NO IDEA- what's going to happen once they reach Black Crane Estates. I'm out of storyline ideas. Only thing I have planned for when they get there is that the newly appointed Yasuki Daimyo, Emerald Champion Hachi, will be there as well, but he wouldn't have to stay there while Kiyumi seeks refuge from the now martial-law-lockeddown Kyuden Doji's problems while her husband re-secures the city.

ANY storyline ideas, plothooks, new campaign direction, would be greatly appreciated.

I do, however, have an end-game of sorts. Kaneka will be re-joining his royal siblings at some point, and they -will- be fighting Daigotsu's horde within the Shadowlands, and Kaneka and Sezaru -will- be dying as a result, though they'll both be Kharmic-Wheel spun by the Fortunes into new bodies. Kaneka into a very dangerous Shosuro-vassal Family Nobuto samurai, and Sezaru...I'm thinking about making him more into the way the L5R fiction has him when the three brothers go questing: He's simply called The Mystic, his hands and bald head are surrounded by a ghostfire-like shimmer, and he's really awesome looking and kind of a loner. Naseru will eventually be bowing out to Tsudeo who will take the throne reluctantly as Toturi II, and when she dies Naseru will take the throne as Toturi III and prove everyone wrong about him, showing how he is, and always was, the best choice for Emperor.

But, anyway, that's far into the future. For now, I'm just needing help with what's to happen when Kiyumi and her cavalcade of people get to Yasuki Yashiki.

THANKS EVER SO!!! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

zlefin
2012-05-13, 02:25 PM
well people here may be able to help; you may have better luck on the l5r forums;
at www.l5r.com
they have forums for the roleplaying game and such; you can get much more pointed help there as they'll be more familiar with the setting and ideas.

NomMon5ter
2012-05-13, 02:32 PM
well people here may be able to help; you may have better luck on the l5r forums;
at www.l5r.com
they have forums for the roleplaying game and such; you can get much more pointed help there as they'll be more familiar with the setting and ideas.

I know, I'm going there next. XD

NomMon5ter
2012-05-13, 05:11 PM
Well, it's posted there too. I just kind of threw this around to several different places, hoping for multifaceted ideas. :smallwink:

NomMon5ter
2012-05-15, 12:11 PM
Ahhhhhh-bump. :smallbiggrin:

NomMon5ter
2012-05-25, 10:25 AM
And one final bump before I let the thread die. :smallcool: