PDA

View Full Version : War Weaver build

Darth_Versity
2012-05-14, 02:28 AM
So one of my players wants to run a game set in the forgotten realms. I suggested that he restrict material to keep it easier on himself but he insisted that all material is available and I could make whatever I wanted.

Now this puts me in atricky situation as I have a real need to optimise whatever I make but no one else does. Normally with restrictions I cant go overboard but with everything available I could make something absolutely ridiculous. So I decided that my best option was to make something that makes everyone else better. Thus the War Weaver.

Starting lvl 5, 28 pt buy.

Kathar, Female Sun Elf, Wizard 3/War Weaver 2

HP: 22, AC 13, T 12, FF 11, Initiative +10

STR 8
DEX 14
CON 12
INT 19 (with lvl 4 increase)
WIS 10
CHA 12

Feats:
Scribe Scrolls
Enlarge Spell (Flaw, non combatant)
Spellcasting Prodigy (3.0 version)
Sanctum Spell

Variants:
Elven Generalist at 1 and 3
Domain Wizard: Healing (using the Healing Domain from PHB, DM approved)
Hummingbird Familiar (Giving +8 intitiative when within arms reach)

Skills:
Concentraion 8
Craft (Weaving) 6
Decipher Script 6
Arcana 6
Religion 4
Search 6
Spellcraft 5
All other Knowledge skills 1 rank

Spells:
1 Level:
Cure Light Wounds
Nerveskitter
Protection from Evil
Mage Armor
Shield
Magic Missle
Grease
Enlarge Person
Feather Fall
Backbiter
Endure Elements
Tensers Floating Disk

2nd Level:
Cure Moderate Wounds
Invisibility
Blur
Snakes Swiftness
Rope Trick
Glitterdust
Heroics
Fireburst

Equipment:
Thistledown Padded Armor
Headband of Int +2
Eternal Wand (Identify)
Lesser Rod of Extend
Msk Longbow (region benefit)

Along with my additional lvl 2 spell that gives 475gp for other mundane equipment.

So with that build I was wondering if you think the spell selection is any good. I've got mostly support with a couple of panic buttons. The addition of the Cure line with War Weaver should make healing a reasonably viable option, right?

What about the Feats. With the 3.0 version is spellcasting prodigy worth it? I know I could swap Scribe Scrolls with improved initiative, but im not sure its needed. And do you have any suggestions with changing or adding equipment.

Im planning to take Combat Casting at 6 and enter Spellguard of silverymoon at 9. I'll then go into Abjurant Champion, and if we go all the way to 20 finish with either Swiftblade or Elf Paragon.

Im just looking for general suggestions on anything you would change or add. Thanks.

Averis Vol
2012-05-14, 02:52 AM
....you know you need 3rd level spells and 6 ranks in arcana to get into war weaver right?

kulosle
2012-05-14, 04:43 AM
Sanctum spell does that for him, if his DM allows it.

Morph Bark
2012-05-14, 05:50 AM
In a party with more spellcasters with buffs, I like to throw some Master Spellthief in there as well.

"Oh, you have buff spells? Give them to me and everyone will get them instead of just one!"

BerronBrightaxe
2012-05-14, 05:53 AM
So one of my players wants to run a game set in the forgotten realms. I suggested that he restrict material to keep it easier on himself but he insisted that all material is available and I could make whatever I wanted.

Now this puts me in atricky situation as I have a real need to optimise whatever I make but no one else does. Normally with restrictions I cant go overboard but with everything available I could make something absolutely ridiculous.

Your DM might change his mind when he has a full party flying, invisible and polymorphed within a standard action :smallbiggrin:

Darth_Versity
2012-05-14, 06:51 AM
....you know you need 3rd level spells and 6 ranks in arcana to get into war weaver right?

Yeah, missed the skills. My bad, i've edited them now though.

As others have pointed out Sanctum Spell allows me to cast my 2nd level spells as 3rd level, which grants access to War Weaver.

In a party with more spellcasters with buffs, I like to throw some Master Spellthief in there as well.

"Oh, you have buff spells? Give them to me and everyone will get them instead of just one!"

I love that idea, but only one other has made a character yet and he's a Wilder. I expect nearly everyone else to play a melee of some kind.

You're DM might change his mind when he has a full party flying, invisible and polymorphed within a standard action :smallbiggrin:

And then he will learn that a game with no restrictions can drive a man insane. At least this way the whole party will feel epic, not just me.

BerronBrightaxe
2012-05-14, 08:20 AM
And then he will learn that a game with no restrictions can drive a man insane. At least this way the whole party will feel epic, not just me.

If he didn't put any restrictions, I guess you can go gestalt too...

btw.. I don't have the book on me right now, but can you put weave 'wraithstrike'?
If so, or even if not so, with enough ranks in know. nature, you should know what 'War trolls' are :smallbiggrin:

Tokuhara
2012-05-14, 08:35 AM
I personally like (note: this is without Sanctum)

Wizard 5/War Weaver 5/Metaphysical Spellshaper 3/Incantrix 7

Darth_Versity
2012-05-14, 05:43 PM
I personally like (note: this is without Sanctum)

Wizard 5/War Weaver 5/Metaphysical Spellshaper 3/Incantrix 7

I've never really been a fan of Incantrix and I dont know why. I know how powerful it can be, but its just never appealed to me.

Spuddles
2012-05-14, 06:14 PM
Wizard1/Metaphysical Spell Shaper2/War Weaver2/Mindbender1/Anima Mage1/War Weaver 3/

Precocious Spellcaster and Sanctum Spell get you early entry to Metaphysical Spell Shaper. The binding feats get you entry to anima mage without a binder level, get a level of binder, bind naberius to heal damage from Metaphysical Spell Shaper.

Gonna have to chaos shuffle feats or something, though, cause you burn a lot on entry shenanigans.

alastordracul
2012-05-15, 06:39 AM
I built a war weaver about a year ago and I found this really useful http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19867778/The_War_Weaver_Guidebook?pg=1