PDA

View Full Version : JadePhoenix's RHOD [OOC]

JadePhoenix
2012-05-14, 06:53 AM
OK, guys. First, let's discuss how your characters met each you other.

Marlowe
2012-05-14, 08:21 AM
Toccata and Garrin both have mercenary backgrounds, although they're radically different in alignment. It might be quite agreeable to have them having worked together before.

With Toccata I see her being a city-dweller by preference. Easier to blend in. Easier to hide. Let's face it she's kind of an odd ensemble of features. I was thinking I needed to come up with some reason she'd be in a thinly-populated frontier region, and the obvious one is that she recently defaulted on a job due to moral scruples and is lying low in the outback to avoid the fuss and pointless bloodshed that sticking around and dealing with her former employers would involve. Plus, there might be jobs and loot.

Sorry for the tangled paragraph. TL:DR. Toccata. mercenary lying low. Garrin. Also mercenary. If Lexin wants to buy into this story and be lying low with Toccata then that explains us. Depends on what Lexin's got on his mind.

Postmodernist
2012-05-14, 09:22 AM
I haven't completed Irina's sheet, but what I had in mind was that she had been ordered to investigate developments (cult activity, inappropriate usage of undead, etc.) that might attract the attention of the church of Wee Jas. Her responsibility would be to report on and, if possible, put a stop to these unsavory developments.

Lexin
2012-05-14, 09:32 AM
Marlowe, nothing against lying low... "I told you there was something fishy with this job..."

Hmm, Irina, Paladin... she could have told us there is something wrong with the job... (we would notice that for example finishing the job include killing paladin standing in our way... and there wasn't anything about that in the contract...)

Marlowe, could you add your backstory to sheet or here in the spoiler? can't find it.

Marlowe
2012-05-14, 09:33 AM
Might we have met on the road? I'm sure that was a charming conversation.

EDIT: Just to clarify, that was at Postmodernist as regards Irina. I'm sure Lexin's post wasn't visible to me last night:smallredface:

Starbuck_II
2012-05-14, 10:40 AM
I can think of 3 ideas (2 plus Marlowe's idea expanded)
Scenerio 1
Well, Irina, Toccata, Karl and Spike are good so they might have met while helping the same people on a adventure. Garrin was hired as an mercenary, doing it for the money or course, but they all got along.

Scenerio 2:
Karl was trained by elves. Spike is/was a Elf so Spike could have met Karl while he was visiting the elven tribes. Both are the same alignment and will to do good; so they might have hit it off well.

Scenerio 3:
Or we really did just run into each other, decided more the merrier and safer. Swapped a few war/adventuring stories, became comrades at least till we get to the nearby city down the road, but get swept together into something bigger.

Postmodernist
2012-05-14, 11:21 AM
The campaign will be taking place in Greyhawk, right?

JadePhoenix
2012-05-14, 11:30 AM
The campaign will be taking place in Greyhawk, right?

Yes, it will.

Postmodernist
2012-05-14, 11:51 AM
Cool. This will help on the background.

Rahjan
2012-05-14, 12:31 PM
Hi there, glad and humbled to be chosen. :)

I am personally a fan of Starbucks Scenario II on how we met.

Info for GM: I am going to be available for posting every workday from ca. 18 - 22 / 23 pm (GMT+1), Saturday in the morning and usually through the whole of Sunday. Hope that is all right for u all. I will look into the thread(s) about once every hour, that i am available.

Starbuck_II
2012-05-14, 02:37 PM
When I am not working, making dinner, sleeping, etc life at home I will check thread 1/hour as well.
Also if I am not playing Langrisser two online (english translation), found a site that offers it legally free to play on their site, I will check.

Marlowe
2012-05-14, 07:07 PM
Backstory is here in the spoiler. It's also in the "private notes" section of the sheet.
Toccata was separated from her parents at an early age, and placed under a training regime with a number of other "gifted" children with the intention of creating a private legion of overpowered soldiers for the benefit of...someone. Details of whose idea this was remain vague, and there wasn't a lot of evidence left after the inevitable happened and the children revolted against their trainers/torturers. Toccata lost an eye during the fighting, which was nice and symmetrical since the person who took it lost his head. Actually, that isn't nice at all, or symmetrical. Forget we said anything.

Seriously, this sort of thing happens all the time. Every time somebody tries this "empowered child soldiers" idea. Why do people keep trying? At the very least, you'd think they'd know better than to turn the subjects against them with pointless abuse and experimentation. But no.

In any event, after reducing their home/prison to a burned and blasted wreckage, the "subjects" scattered to the four corners of the world, having grown up together and therefore having little desire to spend any more time around each other. Toccata decided not to waste her time looking for her parents, on the grounds that considering what happened to her they are most likely either dead or complete scumbags. She works as a mercenary adventurer with the long-term goal of one day paying other people to risk their lives for her power and enrichment. Or maybe raise an army of skeletal minions to do it. She's Good, but she's not THAT good. Well, she's alright.

Postmodernist
2012-05-14, 08:23 PM
Sheet and background are pretty much complete. Would the purchase of a horse be permitted?

JadePhoenix
2012-05-16, 08:27 AM
Sorry everyone. I'll have to leave the country for a few months (family issues, really complicated family issues) and won't be able to DM. I won't even be around the playground for quite a while. :smallfrown:

Postmodernist
2012-05-16, 08:38 AM
Sorry to hear that. Best of luck with the complicated family issues. They should definitely take precedence.

Marlowe
2012-05-16, 08:49 AM
Alas? Alack!

But the important thing is to sort things out as best you can. Best wishes.

Starbuck_II
2012-05-16, 10:22 AM
Sorry everyone. I'll have to leave the country for a few months (family issues, really complicated family issues) and won't be able to DM. I won't even be around the playground for quite a while. :smallfrown:

It is okay, we understand, real life comes first and all that.
But as a Pheonix, we know you'll rise above it. They do rise above death so fasmily can't be that bad. :smallbiggrin:

Rahjan
2012-05-16, 10:38 AM
very sorry to hear that, but naturally I understand. Best of Luck with the family, may it all turn out well.

Lexin
2012-05-16, 10:43 AM
Don't worry about it.
Hope everything ends well for you.

JadePhoenix
2013-05-25, 02:11 AM
I have returned! :smallredface:

Marlowe
2013-05-25, 11:44 AM
That's great to hear. I'm now currently living and working half-way between Mongolia and Kazahkstan so I occasionally have issues with connecting to the playground these days.

Then again, my character's not a big talker anyway.