PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Question

AKA_Bait
2012-05-14, 08:25 AM
I'm thinking of starting a thread seeking an avatarist to stickafy some photographs of mine. I just graduated from law school and I think having a few of the photos stickified would be fun.

I recognize that I'd be asking for a lot of time from an avatarist and I'd like to be able to offer some kind of financial compensation for their time if someone takes me up on it. However, making a thread containing an offer to pay for something in the Arts and Crafts forum strikes me as close to the line on advertising (if not for me then for those who might respond) and I'd appreciate a yea or nay on it before going ahead and making the thread.

So, would that be ok or should I seek some other way to get an avatarist?

Roland St. Jude
2012-05-14, 10:27 AM
Sheriff: I think we've had to close threads that were attempts to commission work or offers to do work on commission before, as well as more direct attempts to buy or sell items or works for hire.

I'd recommend you post your request, acknowledge that it's a substantial amount of work, get talking with someone or someones interested in doing the work and take it from there. You might be surprised at what avatarists are be willing to do for the fun of it or to help a fellow playgrounder out for credit. I've always marveled at their skill and generosity of spirit. And, if you work out some generous thank you or compensation over e-mail or chat, well, those our outside our jurisdiction.

(Which is not an invitation to sell stuff over PM! :smallwink:)