PDA

View Full Version : [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 15: New and Improved!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

McBish
2012-06-27, 09:48 AM
{Soul Quest}

Can you mend a broken wing? Sallianne asks, limping closer. Her left wing looks fine, mostly. But the upper part of the right wing's veins are broken and the membranes torn.

She also has some bruising on her face and the visible part of her chest, likely more so under her clothes, but she's not worried about those. She waves her spear where Frosty is, and she disappears.

Soul Quest

Yeah, I think I should be able to help with that.

She says taking a careful look at damaged wing.

Just hold still for a second.

She gently places her hands on both sides of her damaged wing. And between them her light starts to fill between her hands healing the wounds on the wing.

There you go, I would try and be careful with that, it will still be weak for awhile, but should heal just fine.

Sahaar
2012-06-27, 04:15 PM
Mathias ignores Sakura's response and runs outside (in whatever direction the forest is).

He looks at the giant smoking crater in the ground.

"Oh my", he says. "What happened here?"

The Bushranger
2012-06-27, 06:06 PM
{Soul Quest}

Sallianne was able to get away from the cotton-monster, but just barely.

After they all disappear, she steps out of the shadow she was hiding in . Are... they gone? she says, sounding a little shaken.

[Soul Quest]

Irene returns, having a cut in her side as well. Being a ghost, she probably won't accept Amelia's offer though.

"Is everyone alright?" She asks, concerned.

Darcy was unhurt by the situation thanks to shapeshifting powers and smashing weapons early.

{Soul Quest}

Can you mend a broken wing? Sallianne asks, limping closer. Her left wing looks fine, mostly. But the upper part of the right wing's veins are broken and the membranes torn.

She also has some bruising on her face and the visible part of her chest, likely more so under her clothes, but she's not worried about those. She waves her spear where Frosty is, and she disappears.

"I'm fine," Mikani says, grimacing, standing, and Blatantly Lying as blood seeps between her fingers clamped down on her arm. "Those things were nasty!"

Reinholdt
2012-06-27, 06:09 PM
Soul Quest

Irene turns to Amelia and Darcy then.
"Thank you both for your help. I don't think we'd have been able to do it without you." Probably would have gotten overwhelmed.

happyturtle
2012-06-27, 06:16 PM
Soul Quest

"So you found your soul?" Darcy asks. She's surprised. She didn't think souls looked like... that.

The Bushranger
2012-06-27, 06:35 PM
[Soul Quest]

And now Mikani collapses to the floor, bleeds out and dies de-transforms to Jamie, biting her lip and managing not to cry out in pain as the transformation doesn't include the injury to her baseline from.

Surprisingly, this hurts.

Devixer
2012-06-27, 09:49 PM
[Entrance]

In a timeline conveniently separate from the cannon firing on Watch, Boris comes back from his three-day scouting of Mattock Hill. He's doing his best to walk tall, but it's clear he's very fatigued.

Lex-Kat
2012-06-28, 02:00 AM
Soul Quest

Yeah, I think I should be able to help with that.

She says taking a careful look at damaged wing.

Just hold still for a second.

She gently places her hands on both sides of her damaged wing. And between them her light starts to fill between her hands healing the wounds on the wing.

There you go, I would try and be careful with that, it will still be weak for awhile, but should heal just fine.

Sallianne stares straight ahead as Amelia heals her broken wing. Once it is healed, she gingerly wiggles it, then sighs in relief. Thank you, Miss Amelia. I owe you a debt. She reaches her tiny hand up toward the (human?).

I think Jamie may have been lying, when she said she was alright. She states, giving a side-glance toward the former-magical princess.

Morty
2012-06-28, 07:54 AM
[Outside]

Wenomir turns around and looks at the strange man.
Who are you?
For the record, he's a tall, muscular black-haired man with red eyes and scars all over his body. He's currently wearing simple gray trousers and a loose, black sleeveless shirt.

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

After about an hour, Mścisław can be seen leaving the room, and hurrying out of Watchtower to bring the news to his wife and kids, who will be pretty amazed to find they have an uncle in high places. Wenomir remains there, lying on the bed and staring at the ceiling.

McBish
2012-06-28, 11:21 AM
Soul Quest

Yes Amelia is indeed human and smiles as she reaches out to shake the little faeries hand. But before she can respond to the thanks she hears the cry of pain and jumps both of her swords of light appearing in her hands. She looks a bit embarrassed and lets them fade away.

I could have helped with that you know.

But I am glad I was able to help out. A soul is an important thing not to remain lost. Besides I would probably still be wandering around aimlessly if it wasn't for you guys.

Zefir
2012-06-28, 11:39 AM
Mia's Lab

"Jus' wanted t' thank ye, Missus Mia. I... I couldn't hardly remember seein' with bot' eyes, an' now..." Cornelia is quite the emotional woman, and in her joy, will try to hug Mia. "Thank ya. So much."

Mia's Lab

Well Mia is in MDM so hugging could be very much not possible.

"Eh you should rest a while more since this was a complicated operation."

Murkus
2012-06-28, 11:43 AM
Mia's Lab

Oh, here I thought she'd stuck her head and shoulders out or somesuch. Nevermind about the embrace, then.

"Erm... aye. I think I'll go git s'more sleep. G'bye, Mia," Cornelia smiles warmly before retreating from the lab. It is at this point that she heads towards the

Barracks

Where Cornelia heads for Boris's room quietly, just to see if he's there. She peeks her head inside and looks around.

Devixer
2012-06-28, 12:28 PM
[Barracks]

Boris's room is empty when Cornelia passes by it. He hasn't arrived yet due to timeline shenanigans. He does get into his room an hour or two later. He had initially intended to give a report, but he was far too tired to speak clearly. So, he just walks into his room and falls asleep against a wall, not even bothering to remove his ghillie suit.

Murkus
2012-06-28, 12:32 PM
Barracks

In that case, Cornelia likely moved on, plonking down in one of the empty Barracks rooms and falling fast asleep. She probably needs a lot less sleep than Boris, and subsequently wakes up that evening, hot and uncomfortable in this new bed. Still messy and rather rank from that ordeal in surgery, Cornelia hurries into the showers. Braids are drawn from her hair, letting it fall about her shoulders, and the scarred gunsmith hurries into one of the stalls. Clothes are tossed over the shower curtain above, hung there to keep dry.

After some vehement cussing at the extremes of hot and cold, Cornelia manages to get the shower working at a comfortable temperature. Once she's finished and dressed, she goes wandering, in a timeline thankfully separate from that of the tremendous crater.

Devixer
2012-06-28, 01:30 PM
[Barracks -> Main Room]

Boris doesn't wake up until the next morning. For all his bravado about not needing sleep, he's still a human being with all the needs of one. After waking up, he takes off his ghillie suit and heads to the main room to look for Wenomir so he can give his report.

Morty
2012-06-28, 01:41 PM
[Wenomir & KR's Room]

Boris will find Wenomir there, still digesting the events of the previous day.

Devixer
2012-06-28, 01:43 PM
[Wenomir & KR's Room]

Boris is polite enough to knock on the door. "Wenomir? It's Boris. back from the scouting run, here to give a report."

Morty
2012-06-28, 01:50 PM
[Wenomir & KR's Room]

Wenomir opens the door and steps outside. Oh, hey Boris. Let's hear your report.

Devixer
2012-06-28, 01:54 PM
[Wenomir & KR's Room]

"After Adir and I encountered and killed that demon I called in about, we stayed up for the night to scout, saw nothing. Adir left, presumably to his own home. I stayed for another two days, but have nothing of further interest to report. It seems that things are at least temporarily back to normal in the Mattock Hill village," Boris says.

Morty
2012-06-28, 02:03 PM
[Wenomir & KR's Room]

You stayed there for two days? Impressive, Wenomir says. I already know about the demon from Adir, but it's good to hear nothing else showed up there. Especially since... I'm not sure if you've heard, but the man who brought you there is my brother, Wenomir says matter-of-factly.

Devixer
2012-06-28, 02:07 PM
[Wenomir & KR's Room]

"Really now? Interesting development. In any case, I would recommend keeping an eye on the village as much as we can. I'm not confident that there was only one of those demons there." Boris prefers to err on the side of caution in most cases, especially now that he's starting to learn more about the crazy things in the Nexus. "Anything of note happen here while I was gone?"

Morty
2012-06-28, 02:13 PM
[Wenomir & KR's Room]

Will do. As for other things... Wenomir pinches the bridge of his nose. While you two were gone, a girl signed up as a member. Her name was... Cornelia? I think I'd seen her with you in the past.

Devixer
2012-06-28, 02:20 PM
[Wenomir & KR's Room]

Boris is surprised at that for a few moments. "...I see. You wouldn't happen to know where she might be now?"

Morty
2012-06-28, 02:23 PM
[Wenomir & KR's Room]

Wenomir shakes his head.
Not really. But she's in the base, most likely.

Murkus
2012-06-28, 02:40 PM
Barracks

If it's the following morning, then Cornelia's likely asleep in her room again. She has, much to her own chagrin, taken up the habit of sleeping late.

Devixer
2012-06-28, 03:20 PM
[Wenomir & KR's Room]

"Right. Well, I have nothing more to report. If you or someone else needs me for clarification, I will be at the firing range." Boris turns on his heel and heads off for the training grounds, perhaps a little too nonchalant about this turn of events.

Zefir
2012-06-28, 04:58 PM
Barracks

If it's the following morning, then Cornelia's likely asleep in her room again. She has, much to her own chagrin, taken up the habit of sleeping late.

Barracks

Cornelia may find a small little robot knocking or more slaming the door with a letter on his back. he looks like one of these toys (http://download.xbox.com/content/images/00001000-6f12-52d3-c2fc-044f58410b45/1033/thumblg.png)

Murkus
2012-06-28, 05:25 PM
Barracks

Cornelia is roused, though not quickly. After several minutes of banging and knocking from the robot, the door opens, likely sending him toppling forward.

Nelia, in a silk nightgown trimmed with fluffy stuff, bends down to examine the machine. "'Ello there, who're you? Whassis?" She takes the letter, examining it in turn.

Ashen Lilies
2012-06-29, 11:22 AM
[Crater]

KR nods at Yazon's observation, looking in the direction the artillery shot came from.
Now... who lives in that direction and can easily be blamed for firing an artillery shell at WATCHTOWER?
KR sighs, pulls out a cell phone, and begins dialing Magtok.

[Training Grounds]

Will be posted for at another time. It's late and I'm tired. So sue me.

Lord Magtok
2012-06-29, 06:19 PM
Crater

"Oh hi, KR. Someone told me you Watchtower types like to bang in the woods, and y'see, I had this brand-new, really loud doom cannon to test out, so I thought I'd do us both a favor."

Magtok waits for just a brief sliver of a moment, for KR to get her wits together after what he hopes was a completely unexpected greeting, and then he goes right back to talking, leaving her without a chance to respond. You can just tell he's grinning like a horrible bastard on his end of the line.

"In all seriousness, consider this your first warning. I'm going to be doing things, and AMEN's going to be doing things. Nothing apocalyptic, of course, but we both know that's not stopped you from being a pest before. It'd be in both of our interests if you just sat your butt down and waited for an apocalypse like you say you're supposed to. Oh, and if you're in any way tied to, or responsible for those rats that got mailed to me a few months back, you can consider your entire organization off the Thanksmas party list. Now then, is that everything, or did you want to get in a word or two edgewise?"

Morty
2012-06-30, 11:10 AM
[Wenomir & KR's Room]

In another timeline, Wenomir uses the telepathic link/pager/whatever else they ended up using for ease of communication to tell KR:
Could you come down to our room? Something important just came up.

Ashen Lilies
2012-06-30, 11:42 AM
[Crater]

"Yes. I have a giant ****ing airship covered in guns over here, so the next time you think it's a good idea to fire a doom cannon at us I'm going to shove it up your ass and pull every available trigger, so consider that your first warning, ****face. Now, if you'll excuse me, we were currently in the middle of dealing with some serious, mega-scale threats, so if you have any more ****headed idiocy planned, put a lid on it, or better yet, test it on yourself and do the world a favor by purging your pathetic self from existence, you scrawny, malodorous ****. Good day." *click*
Well that went well. :smallsmile:

[Training Grounds]

The Dai Oni manage to connect with Crab Spider 1, severely denting its chestplate. Again though, this doesn't seem to effect its functionality much, as it immediately directs its concussive rays inwards at each other, creating a short, expanding burst of concussive force in a bubble to knock the Dai Oni outward.

Flying seems to be a bad move for Serph, however, as suddenly, anti-air missile! It pops out of Crab Spider 2's back, beeping briefly before launching, streaking directly at Serph, attempting to knock him back to the ground with concussive force. Hopefully he doesn't end up getting sandwiched between the air burst and the ground burst. That could be uncomfortable.

The next test for Hildur and Element wouldn't look out of place in a video game. A long, narrow corridor with wall panels that rapidly smash together in sequence. They'll need both timing and speed to get through without getting turned into a pancake. Well, okay, maybe they won't get turned into a pancake. This is just a test, after all. Those panels are probably made of foam, or something.

[KR and Wenomir's Room]

Pager, probably. I'm currently trying to downplay/nerf some of KR's psychic abilities, telepathy among them.
Well, KR was on her way to the room anyway. She had some business in Inside or something that ended up with her spending a night away from the tower, and now she's making her return.
She pushes open the door, carrying a small duffel over her shoulder.
"I got your message." She says. "What is it?"

Morty
2012-06-30, 11:45 AM
[Crater]

Wenomir nods solemnly.
So it was Magtok. I'm sure he had some justification for shooting at us and I'm sure I don't care about it, so I guess we ought to get back to planning. Didn't Cessie mention something about potential help from HALO?

[KR and Wenomir's Room]

Wenomir was sitting on the bed when KR enters. Now he looks up with a smile which, however, fades.
Hey there, love. Well... the thing is that a person who Adir and Boris helped with some fey turned out to be my brother.

Asha'man
2012-06-30, 11:57 AM
[Training Grounds]

The Crab-Spiders start to annoy the Dai-Onis with all the bursting and firing of flesh-stinging rays. they each try to grab an arm to rip it, bite it or smash off its socket.

Serph does get sandwitched by the ground and air force. As I said he is null to physical attacks and highly resistant to fire. thus the only thing he suffers momentary dis ordination of sense, hey getting dazed is a mind attack, as he is on the ground. Thus he has no counterattack for that.

On the training course Red is starting to think his partner got the crappy end of the stick, I mean what's the point in trying to smush a shapeshifter? Red studies awhile to see the variations of the contraption, whether you'd have to go back and forth to pass or not and the specific timing and speed needed. being a demonic shapeshifter he is faster than a normal human being and should be fast enough for this part of the course. Thus he crosses the area. Now if there are no sudden surprises then all should be well.

Zefir
2012-06-30, 12:06 PM
Barracks

Cornelia is roused, though not quickly. After several minutes of banging and knocking from the robot, the door opens, likely sending him toppling forward.

Nelia, in a silk nightgown trimmed with fluffy stuff, bends down to examine the machine. "'Ello there, who're you? Whassis?" She takes the letter, examining it in turn.

Barracks

Well it should be noted that the little robot looks like MDM. After he felt forward he holds his head like it hurts.

The letter is an inviting. It's from Mia.

Dear Cornelia,

I'm sorry that I where busy the last day. Your new eye was a gift of the great Deus Mechanicus and I liked to see you in his church some time. If you want to thank someone for your eye it should be him.

[Location to DMC in Inside]

Murkus
2012-06-30, 12:29 PM
Barracks

Oh my. An invitation to a church. Cornelia hasn't set foot in one of those for years... Nelia turns the invite over and starts scribbling down her reply.

Arright. I'll be there tonight. Thanks again.

Though it's in very poor handwriting, Mia should be able to make it out. Cornelia attempts to give the robot his letter back, saying, "G'on back to Mia, little feller." She attempts to pat the cute lil' robot on the head before it trundles off again.

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-02, 07:52 AM
[Crater]

"Yes, could you explain a little more, Cessie?" Says KR.

[KRomir's Room]

"Your brother? That's..." Good? Bad? Awesome? Terrible? Sexy? Horrendous? Pretty sick, bro?
Turns out KR doesn't actually know enough about Wenomir's relationship with his brother to know how to respond.
Did she even know he had a brother? I didn't. I thought he just had a sister.

Morty
2012-07-02, 08:14 AM
[KRomir's Room]

Wenomir nods with a faint smile. He never did tell anyone about his family. He thought all his ties had been cut, so he saw little point.
Pretty much, yes. I don't know what to think either. Last time I saw him was when I was leaving home to join the army. Now... he's got a family on his own and he thought I was dead. And of course, I'm an... important person right now. He seems to have trouble reconciling the fact that we're family with the fact that he thinks I'm so much more important than he is, he says with a certain distaste in his voice.

Shadowcaller
2012-07-02, 03:35 PM
[Crater]

"As I said, Tobias offered to have a HALO memory under our command in exchange that we gave HALO intelligence about the nexus in general." She replies, being handwaved to the crater.

Mindfreak
2012-07-02, 03:41 PM
In Front of WATCH
Kirila, carrying Niza who's carrying Ralts, finally touches down after 10 hours of flying non-stop, looking for civilization.

She lets Niza go and then wobbles a little.
Before she passes out and falls to the ground due to exhaustion.
Little Green(Ralts) looks a bit worried!

Beans
2012-07-02, 04:03 PM
[In Front of WATCH]
Niza (http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7034/tek4fe7a6b7b7e224739041.png) stoops down and goes to pick up her friend and carry her over her shoulder, grunting with the effort.

Mindfreak
2012-07-02, 04:07 PM
In front of WATCH
Little Green looks a bit worried, but will let Niza do her thing.
"Ralts Ralts!"*Maybe someone is around to help?

Beans
2012-07-02, 04:38 PM
[Approaching WATCH]
The MS Girl carries her friend laboriously on toward the base.

Mindfreak
2012-07-02, 05:02 PM
Approaching WATCH
Little Green walks with her, still worried.
Unless properly taken care of, Kirila may very well be near death!(nope)

((Interaction please!))

Murkus
2012-07-02, 05:18 PM
Outside Watch

The two girls might pass a large crater on their way in. One of several Watch members hanging around the blast site approaches them. "Can I help you two?"

The man appears to be a soldier, a friendly fellow with eyes and ears like those of a deer. His skin is something like the color of coffee. See my avatar for a current equipment reference - very casual, but for the rifle.

Training Grounds - Rifle Range

A certain Spetznaz sniper may be alerted to someone's presence. Boots crunch through the gravel at his back. A familiar voice says, "Boris?"

Zefir
2012-07-02, 05:27 PM
Barracks

Oh my. An invitation to a church. Cornelia hasn't set foot in one of those for years... Nelia turns the invite over and starts scribbling down her reply.

Though it's in very poor handwriting, Mia should be able to make it out. Cornelia attempts to give the robot his letter back, saying, "G'on back to Mia, little feller." She attempts to pat the cute lil' robot on the head before it trundles off again.

Barracks

The little robot makes no move since he needs to be wind up. Poor guy has used all his power to get through the door. Assuming she does the robot will go directly to Mia. I wonder how he find his way withou any kind of higher technologie.

Murkus
2012-07-02, 05:30 PM
Barracks

Oooh! A wind-up 'toy'! Something Cornelia's actually familiar with. Winding occurs, shortly before the gunsmith rejoins continuity. After her encounter with Boris, she'll be on her way to Mia's Church.

Mindfreak
2012-07-02, 05:57 PM
Outside Watch

The two girls might pass a large crater on their way in. One of several Watch members hanging around the blast site approaches them. "Can I help you two?"

The man appears to be a soldier, a friendly fellow with eyes and ears like those of a deer. His skin is something like the color of coffee. See my avatar for a current equipment reference - very casual, but for the rifle.
Outside Watch
Little Green(who is a Ralts) motions to the passed out Kirila, who is a Saiyan wearing Saiyan armor, has a monkey tail wrapped around her waist, with long black hair that hangs down to her waist.
Who is also currently passed out due to exhaustion.

Beans
2012-07-02, 06:03 PM
[Outside Watch]
Niza nods.
My friend and I... sort of have no idea where we are after landing in the forest way back there... what is this place?
Oh, and my friend is KO'd and there's this green thing.
Niza shifts her friend's weight.

Devixer
2012-07-02, 06:10 PM
[Training Grounds - Firing Range]

Boris pauses in his cleaning of his AK-107. He turns around and is treated to a bit of a surprise, even with Wenomir already telling him about Cornelia being back. "...Cornelia," he says, trying to suppress the mixed feelings he's going under right now.

Murkus
2012-07-02, 06:13 PM
[Outside Watch - Crater]

Ignore part of my last post - hadn't realized there was three of them. Adir motions for Niza to move forward, saying, "Set her down here. Lemme have a look." Knocked out didn't sound too urgent. In answer to her question, he continues, "You're at Watchtower, in the Nexus of worlds. More newbies, huh?" The stag smiles.

Cornelia smiles and approaches Boris, attempting to encircle him in a big hug. No more words, for now.

Beans
2012-07-02, 06:19 PM
[Outside Watch]
She gently lays down Kirila, stretching afterward to ease her shoulders.
Huh... Nexus. Sounds interesting.

Devixer
2012-07-02, 06:20 PM

Cornelia is successful, though it takes Boris a few moments to return the embrace. It also takes him some time to speak. "Where have you been?"

Mindfreak
2012-07-02, 06:27 PM
Outside WATCH
Kirila is simply passed out from extreme exhaustion. Unless given a ton of time to rest and rejuvenate, or given her last remaining Sensu bean to eat, she...may not make it.
She has been worked nearly to death.
Little Green frowns.
"Ralts Ralts raaaaalts."*She needs some sort of medical attention.

Beans
2012-07-02, 06:51 PM
[Outside Watch]
Niza frowns, bending down to pick her back up.
She doesn't look good... you got a doctor?

Murkus
2012-07-02, 07:08 PM
[Outside Watch --> Hospital]

Adir, seeing the girl's rather poor condition, glances at his comrades by the crater. Ah well, best to leave them to it. "Several of em'. C'mon, lets get her to the infirmary." Adir will lead them to the aforementioned building.

If they start walking again, he glances at Lil' Green. Thankfully, the stag won't be calling him that. "Does he need a translator device or something?"

[Firing Range]

Cornelia's a bit too happy to notice those scant few moments. "There was some, um, pers'nal stuff. Wit my parents. M'sorry I didn't say I'd be gone so long." She pulls back and smiles. "I'd love t' tell ya all about it, tho."

Devixer
2012-07-02, 07:12 PM
[Firing Range]

Though the response isn't quite enough for Boris, he lets it slide for now. He isn't showing too much, but he's also happy to see Cornelia. "Maybe later. I'm just glad you're back."

Mindfreak
2012-07-02, 07:20 PM
Hospital
Little Green shakes her head.
She didn't need one.
Kirila opens her eyes a little, but is completely unable to move. Next time she'll know not to fly for over 10 hours without stopping.
"W...why c...an't I fe...el my everyth...ing?"

Beans
2012-07-02, 07:24 PM
[Hospital]
Niza gently lays her down on a bed/cot/thing.
Because you never let me take over and flew for 10 straight hours because you're dumb.

Murkus
2012-07-02, 07:40 PM
[Firing Range]

Oh, I think I should note, Cornelia looks quite different. For one thing, she's got two eyes that move and see. For another, her scars have shrunk some, and her smaller ones have disappeared completely.

Cornelia seems quite pleased at this outcome, given her broad smile. She grips the sleeves of Boris's shirt tightly, trying to give him a good hard kiss.

[Hospital]

"Yep, that'll do it," Adir says, talking like he knows anything about it. He sets the drones to work stabilizing Kirila, keeping her hydrated and healthy for the time being. If she needs it, there are painkillers. "Where you gals from?"

Devixer
2012-07-02, 07:45 PM
[Firing Range]

Cornelia is successful again, and it doesn't take any time at all for Boris to reciprocate. When he pulls back, he notes. "You look different. In a good way."

Mindfreak
2012-07-02, 07:48 PM
Hospital
"Pl...anet Vegeta...and then Earth..."
She rested her head back.
God it was starting to hurt now.

Murkus
2012-07-02, 08:16 PM
[Firing Range]

Cornelia is successful again, and it doesn't take any time at all for Boris to reciprocate. When he pulls back, he notes. "You look different. In a good way."

"Oh, ye noticed?" Cornelia asks, quirking one eyebrow with a cheeky little smile. "M'glad you think so. Yer, uh, techpriest Mia fixed me up. Idnit it great? I can see!"

Hospital

((Gonna wait for Beans on this))

Devixer
2012-07-02, 08:27 PM
[Firing Range]

"Well, it was a little difficult for me..." Boris replies with well more than a little sarcasm. Boris's features harden a little at the word 'techpriest,' but he shakes it off pretty quickly. "Yes, that's wonderful. Always great to not be partially blind."

Beans
2012-07-02, 08:38 PM
Hospital
Let me do the talking.
... Okay, I actually probably remember less than she does but whatever.
All I know is, we were fighting a horde of heavily-armed mobile soldiers up in space, I got hit, and we fell to earth here.
... Oh, and we made a log shelter!

Murkus
2012-07-02, 10:30 PM
[Firing Range]

"Well, it was a little difficult for me..." Boris replies with well more than a little sarcasm. Boris's features harden a little at the word 'techpriest,' but he shakes it off pretty quickly. "Yes, that's wonderful. Always great to not be partially blind."

"Mm. Y'always were a bit thick, fer my tastes," Cornelia says with a smirk. She notes the reaction to the word techpriest, however - how very strange. "I would say so, you silly man. Maybe if ye ask, she'll fix that scar a' yours, too." She attempts to touch the aforementioned scar, her gently fingers then plying his cheek.

Let me do the talking.
... Okay, I actually probably remember less than she does but whatever.
All I know is, we were fighting a horde of heavily-armed mobile soldiers up in space, I got hit, and we fell to earth here.
... Oh, and we made a log shelter!

Hospital

"...Right. Log shelters are good. So you just... fell here?" Adir gives Kirila a shot of morphine, for the pain. "Out of space? That's, like, a million miles an hour. Are you sure you didn't hit your heads some other way?" He asks Niza, mildly amused.

Reinholdt
2012-07-02, 10:50 PM
Soul Quest

"So you found your soul?" Darcy asks. She's surprised. She didn't think souls looked like... that.

Soul Quest

Sallianne stares straight ahead as Amelia heals her broken wing. Once it is healed, she gingerly wiggles it, then sighs in relief. Thank you, Miss Amelia. I owe you a debt. She reaches her tiny hand up toward the (human?).

I think Jamie may have been lying, when she said she was alright. She states, giving a side-glance toward the former-magical princess.

Soul Quest

"Yes. And I do believe that's all of it finally too."

Irene peers at Jamie with some concern. Much better to just admit injuries than to risk some crazy magic cotton scissors tetanus infection.

Devixer
2012-07-02, 11:07 PM
[Firing Range]

Boris snorts at that remark. He of course allows Cornelia to touch his scar and cheek, but his response might be unexpected. "...Yeah, that's not happening, I would prefer to keep this scar."

Murkus
2012-07-03, 12:52 AM
[Firing Range]

Cornelia settles on cupping his cheek, despite the moving teeth and gums beneath her palm. She's never seemed to mind, of course. "An whyzat?" The gunsmith is so very confused. She'd leap at the chance to have her scars removed, and with Mia doing so for free, well...

Devixer
2012-07-03, 01:15 AM
[Training Grounds]

The next test for Hildur and Element wouldn't look out of place in a video game. A long, narrow corridor with wall panels that rapidly smash together in sequence. They'll need both timing and speed to get through without getting turned into a pancake. Well, okay, maybe they won't get turned into a pancake. This is just a test, after all. Those panels are probably made of foam, or something.

Hildur has to stop for a moment once she encounters this corridor. She takes perhaps a few too many seconds looking at the pattern of the smashing wall panels. Once she has it down, though, she gets through it. At this point, she's starting to feel a little winded. She has plenty of energy for now, though.

[Firing Range]

Boris shrugs at that. "It's a reminder to me. Of some of the mistakes I've made with the Red Army." It would've been pretty easy for him to have his scar removed back home, but he's never wanted to.

Murkus
2012-07-03, 01:52 AM
[Firing Range]

"Oh. Right. Well, I won't push ye, then. Ye sound like a right proper soldier, Boris," Cornelia says, kissing his scarred cheek gently. "So I work here now, y'know. M'gonna be a proper soldier too." She smiles at that.

Devixer
2012-07-03, 02:00 AM
[Firing Range]

"That's one of the better compliments I've received, thank you," Boris says. And then Cornelia mentions her working for Watchtower now. "Really, now? That's great, but how have the folks at NO taken to that?"

Murkus
2012-07-03, 02:17 AM
[Firing Range]

She looks off to the side, frowning a little awkwardly. It's honestly hard for her to stay frowning, though - each exaggerated motion of her new eye makes her giddy. "I might notta been back there yet. Mebbie."

Mindfreak
2012-07-03, 07:01 AM
"...Right. Log shelters are good. So you just... fell here?" Adir gives Kirila a shot of morphine, for the pain. "Out of space? That's, like, a million miles an hour. Are you sure you didn't hit your heads some other way?" He asks Niza, mildly amused.
Hospital
Ah, that's better.
"N....ope. I sa...ved us both and then nearly died...but I ate a Sensu bean so I w...as...okay!"
And then she would facepalm if she could move her hand.
"Niza, could you go into my pouch and put the last Sensu bean in my mouth?"
She'd like to move her arms now!

Beans
2012-07-03, 09:29 AM
[Hospital]
Niza does as she's bid, taking out what I think is the last Bean they have.

Mindfreak
2012-07-03, 09:51 AM
Hospital
It is indeed their last bean. The Sensu beans that Kirila had were mostly burnt up on their way down to Nexus, and one of those was eaten by Kirila after they landed, as she would have died if she hasn't.
And now she's eating the last of them.
Which she chews and swallows! The bean's healing abilities completely restore her body to its peak condition!
"So what's this place called?" she asked as she sat up in bed.

((I thought might as wel use up the last Sensu bean since they're kinda overpowered :smalltongue:))

Devixer
2012-07-03, 11:12 AM
[Firing Range]

She looks off to the side, frowning a little awkwardly. It's honestly hard for her to stay frowning, though - each exaggerated motion of her new eye makes her giddy. "I might notta been back there yet. Mebbie."

Boris shrugs again at that, though not immediately. Cornelia's inability to frown seems to be a little contagious. "Eh, it is not a big problem. I'm sure they can deal with having one less person with them."

Murkus
2012-07-03, 11:36 AM
[Hospital]
Niza does as she's bid, taking out what I think is the last Bean they have.

Hospital
It is indeed their last bean. The Sensu beans that Kirila had were mostly burnt up on their way down to Nexus, and one of those was eaten by Kirila after they landed, as she would have died if she hasn't.
And now she's eating the last of them.
Which she chews and swallows! The bean's healing abilities completely restore her body to its peak condition!
"So what's this place called?" she asked as she sat up in bed.

((I thought might as wel use up the last Sensu bean since they're kinda overpowered :smalltongue:))

"Like I said, Watchtower," Adir says, crossing his arms. "Why'd I even get you in here if you had a magic bean the whole time?"

Boris shrugs again at that, though not immediately. Cornelia's inability to frown seems to be a little contagious. "Eh, it is not a big problem. I'm sure they can deal with having one less person with them."

"I'll have to go have a chat wit' Dipsnig. But that means two full-time gunsmithin' jobs," Hah! She thinks working with an org is a full time job. "Well, now if ye need anythin' made, m'right here."

Mindfreak
2012-07-03, 11:45 AM
Hospital
"Because you're a good guy and we completely forgot about the bean?"
"And what does this Watchtower even do?"

Murkus
2012-07-03, 11:53 AM
Hospital

"We save the Nexus from getting blown up. Probly healthy for the rest of the multiverse, too," Adir explains, unhooking Kirila from the medical machines that were meant to keep her alive. "You'd be surprised at the number of whacks who just wanna destroy everything." Oh, wait, Dragon Ball Z universe. Never mind. :smalltongue:

Devixer
2012-07-03, 12:12 PM
[Firing Range]

"Well, not quite full-time, but yeah, that's the idea," Boris says. He doesn't care much about NO anyway, and is glad to know Cornelia will be here more. "Well, I'll be sure to let you know if I need something."

Murkus
2012-07-03, 04:22 PM
[Firing Range]

"Anythin' at all," Cornelia says with a sly smile. She tries to kiss Boris again, not caring who sees. Well, that might change if said person speaks up, but otherwise...

Beans
2012-07-03, 06:07 PM
Hospital

"We save the Nexus from getting blown up. Probly healthy for the rest of the multiverse, too," Adir explains, unhooking Kirila from the medical machines that were meant to keep her alive. "You'd be surprised at the number of whacks who just wanna destroy everything." Oh, wait, Dragon Ball Z universe. Never mind. :smalltongue:
Good thing you guys are around, then, I guess.

Devixer
2012-07-03, 06:37 PM
[Firing Range]

Cornelia succeeds in kissing Boris. Judging from him trying to pull her close, he doesn't care much about being seen either. Once they separates, he just looks into her eyes with a hint of a smile on his face.

Mindfreak
2012-07-03, 07:30 PM
Hospital
"Oh? That's cool, I used to do it for Earth till I went into space."
"..."
"Can I join? I have no where else to go...and neither does Little Green."
She picks up the Ralts an hugs him.
"Ralts RAAALTS!"*For the love of Mew, stop calling me that!

Murkus
2012-07-03, 07:39 PM
Good thing you guys are around, then, I guess.

"So, superpeople that fell from orbit. Sounds suspicious." Adir has an almost perpetual look of amusement, grinning foolishly. "Those people you were fighting won't follow you here, will they? My wife's been spooked enough for one day."

The stag glances toward Kirila when she voices her question. "Um, sure, you can put in an application. Not that we have anything for stopping Amazonian space warriors, but we can try." He turns to Niza again. "How about you?"

[Firing Range]

Cornelia succeeds in kissing Boris. Judging from him trying to pull her close, he doesn't care much about being seen either. Once they separates, he just looks into her eyes with a hint of a smile on his face.

Boris might find the clothing along his back wrinkled, by the time he pulls away. Cornelia ruffles her hands through his hair, smiling. "So? How've you been, Boris?"

Devixer
2012-07-03, 08:26 PM
[Firing Range]

"I've been keeping along. Not much has happened. I did just came back from a short scouting run in a village, though," Boris says. "That was a little interesting."

Murkus
2012-07-03, 08:35 PM
[Firing Range]

"Yeah? Tell me 'bout it," Cornelia demands, swinging her arm around Boris's waist. "Shoot anythin' neat?"

The Bushranger
2012-07-03, 09:10 PM
Soul Quest

Soul Quest

Yes Amelia is indeed human and smiles as she reaches out to shake the little faeries hand. But before she can respond to the thanks she hears the cry of pain and jumps both of her swords of light appearing in her hands. She looks a bit embarrassed and lets them fade away.

But I am glad I was able to help out. A soul is an important thing not to remain lost. Besides I would probably still be wandering around aimlessly if it wasn't for you guys.

Soul Quest

Irene peers at Jamie with some concern. Much better to just admit injuries than to risk some crazy magic cotton scissors tetanus infection.

"I'm fine," Jamie repeats. "See?" She holds out her arm, which appears uninjured - but, of course, it might be noted she's not in the form she was injured in...

Devixer
2012-07-03, 09:33 PM
[Firing Range]

"I don't if I would use 'neat,' but I definitely shot something interesting," Boris says. He then describes the demon he and Adir fought, and tells how much firepower it took before dying. "That was the first day. Nothing else happened."

Mindfreak
2012-07-03, 10:46 PM
Hospital
Kirila fills out an application!
Name Kirila
Sex Female
Age Around 23
Race Saiyan
Reason for Joining No place to go/want to help save the multiverse!
What will you bring to the table? Years of working with energy, good close range and mid range combatant, knows how to properly care for a Senzu Bean plant

And then everything else she leaves blank.
"I can't understand the rest...English was kinda my second language..."

Murkus
2012-07-03, 11:19 PM
[Firing Range]

"I don't if I would use 'neat,' but I definitely shot something interesting," Boris says. He then describes the demon he and Adir fought, and tells how much firepower it took before dying. "That was the first day. Nothing else happened."

Cornelia seems interested, at least. She's never heard of anything like that. And, presuming Boris tells the whole story, she says, "Ye were there fer three days? Oh, Boris, love, ye need more rest!" She tries to guide him back toward the tower like a doting mother. "Can't go killin' demons again witout a bit more energy, can ye?"

Devixer
2012-07-03, 11:32 PM
[Firing Range]

Cornelia does manage to get Boris walking towards the tower, but not without protest. "What? No, I'm fine. Three days is nothing, and I've already slept a little anyway." And there's that bravado again.

Murkus
2012-07-03, 11:56 PM
Firing Range --> Barracks

Cornelia pulls him a little harder, wagging a finger at him in a scolding motion. "Three days is mad. Tha's what tha' is, Boris. Mad! Don't be a dolt, ye foolish man." She pulls on his arm, now. "C'mon. And git one o' yer silly-lookin' friends to do it next time!"

Devixer
2012-07-04, 12:07 AM
[Firing Range -> Barracks]

Boris admits defeat at this. "Alright, alright, some more rest couldn't hurt me." He goes along with the pulling with no further resistance. "Thank you for showing concern for me."

Murkus
2012-07-04, 12:25 AM
Barracks

Boris is guided back toward his room, in that case. "Tha's right. It couldn't." And then, with a smile, "But yer very welcome."

Once they're inside his bedroom, Cornelia will pull up the covers and try to get Boris tucked in. She doesn't shove him in or anything, just helps him along. "C'mon then. Ye need sleep."

Devixer
2012-07-04, 12:35 AM
[Boris's Room]

"Yeah," Boris says as he gets into his bed, not really protesting any of the offered help. Despite all of his boasts about staying up long, he doesn't take too long to fall asleep.

Murkus
2012-07-04, 12:50 AM
Boris's Room

Cornelia smiles down at him, laying a kiss on his drowsy head before she retreats from the room. The gunsmith doesn't want to go too far, though - she heads toward her room, cleaning some guns out and amusing herself for a bit before hurrying off to the kitchen.

Hours later, she returns to Boris's room with a large bowl of steaming stew. Cornelia peeks inside the doorway, trying to see if Boris is awake again or not.

McBish
2012-07-04, 05:07 PM
[Soul Quest]

"One of the perks of being able to change shape?

She will follow along still ready for more monsters to jump out at them. Comes from to many dungeon crawls, which might also explain why she is still so calm.

Murkus
2012-07-05, 05:45 PM
Hospital
Kirila fills out an application!
Name Kirila
Sex Female
Age Around 23
Race Saiyan
Reason for Joining No place to go/want to help save the multiverse!
What will you bring to the table? Years of working with energy, good close range and mid range combatant, knows how to properly care for a Senzu Bean plant

And then everything else she leaves blank.
"I can't understand the rest...English was kinda my second language..."

"It's called Common, sweetie," Adir says, a little snarky and more than a little confused. English? What the hell kinda language was that?

In any case, he skims the application and nods to himelf. "Well, the only stuff left is your profession and, uh, 'other information'. You got a steady job, Kirila?" The stag will have to get Kirila working on those beans straightaway. Anything that can heal those wounds that quickly could come in real handy around Watchtower.

Lex-Kat
2012-07-05, 07:48 PM
{Soul Quest}

And now Mikani collapses to the floor, bleeds out and dies de-transforms to Jamie, biting her lip and managing not to cry out in pain as the transformation doesn't include the injury to her baseline from.

Surprisingly, this hurts.

"I'm fine," Jamie repeats. "See?" She holds out her arm, which appears uninjured - but, of course, it might be noted she's not in the form she was injured in...

"One of the perks of being able to change shape?

She will follow along still ready for more monsters to jump out at them. Comes from to many dungeon crawls, which might also explain why she is still so calm.

So, does that mean we can go then? I can teleport us directly to Neirian, if you'd like. Sallianne says, stepping closer to Irene, and lifting her arms up. Could I get a lift?

The Bushranger
2012-07-05, 08:05 PM
[Soul Quest]

"...yeah. Yeah, that's exactly it."

...Jamie, you're not being especially convincing here...

McBish
2012-07-05, 08:30 PM
[Soul Quest]

Amelia frowns, but without being able to see the injury, and really having no idea what to fix then she really would do more harm then good if she tried to heal her Jamie.

"I don't know where this Neirian is but if you could get me Inside somewhere that would be great."

Reinholdt
2012-07-06, 09:35 AM
[Soul Quest]

"We should probably step outside first, but that would be appreciated, yes." Irene says to Sallianne.

Just in case this place is Dimension Locked.

She, uh, isn't sure if the pixie wants a ghost to pick her up though? Maybe Jamie would be a better choice? :smallconfused:

The Bushranger
2012-07-06, 11:45 AM
[Soul Quest]

Clearly nobody's going to suggest that Jamie transform so they can heal her injury. :smalltongue:
She does give Sallianne a smile though, and offers her shoulder as a pixie perch. Or maybe her pocket!

Lex-Kat
2012-07-06, 09:15 PM
[Soul Quest]

Amelia frowns, but without being able to see the injury, and really having no idea what to fix then she really would do more harm then good if she tried to heal her Jamie.

"I don't know where this Neirian is but if you could get me Inside somewhere that would be great."

"We should probably step outside first, but that would be appreciated, yes." Irene says to Sallianne.

Just in case this place is Dimension Locked.

She, uh, isn't sure if the pixie wants a ghost to pick her up though? Maybe Jamie would be a better choice? :smallconfused:

Clearly nobody's going to suggest that Jamie transform so they can heal her injury. :smalltongue:
She does give Sallianne a smile though, and offers her shoulder as a pixie perch. Or maybe her pocket!

Neirian is the home of the Amazon Pixies, and the Goddess of Love, Life, Death, Pixies, and Butterflies. She has her best body-sculptors working on rebuilding Irene's body. It's really the only reason I'm with this group, to get Irene back when she's finally finished re-capturing her lost souls. She glares at Irene as she accepts the offer of Jamie's shoulder. Though what makes this girl so special, I have no idea. She's not even a follower of Neirian.

McBish
2012-07-06, 09:25 PM
Soul Quest

Amelia doesn't understand Jamie's powers enough to suggest anything. Plus if Jamie wants to tough it out Amelia isn't going to worry about it. If she whimpers too much Amelia might bring it up.

Love, life, death, pixies and butterflies huh? Sounds like quite the place. I never really had much dealings with pixies or butterflies, but I guess the other 3 are a little hard to avoid.

The Bushranger
2012-07-06, 10:31 PM
[Soul Quest]

"I think...it's because my mother asked," Jamie says quietly, as Sallianne settles on her shoulder. "And my mother is the Champion of Neirian."

Reinholdt
2012-07-07, 09:06 AM
Soul Quest -> Outside Watchtower

Irene chooses to ignore the glare and not inform them of the real reason Neirian is doing this. It certainly wasn't cause Quinn asked, though Neirian even heard Irene's plight thanks to Quinn, so she was a necessary factor.

"Again, thank you for the help. I hope we might meet under better circumstances some other time." Irene tells Darcy before the group gets led to outside of Watch.

"Well we better get going." Irene looks to Sallianne.

Lex-Kat
2012-07-07, 11:04 AM
{Soul Quest -> Outside Watchtower}

Sallianne looks at all who followed the group out of Watchtower. So, who's going to Neirian? she focuses her look on Amelia, since it's obvious the other two are likely going.

Morty
2012-07-07, 11:45 AM
[Elsewhere]

In another timeline, Wenomir goes around the base, trying to find Yazon.

Gullara
2012-07-07, 11:52 AM
[Barracks (West)]

Wenomir will eventually find Yazon in his room. The door is wide open and the dwarf can be heard mumbling to himself within. Peeking inside will reveal him putting some clothing in a dresser.

McBish
2012-07-07, 11:53 AM
Outside Watchtower

I would love to join you guys, sounds like a cool place. But I have nothing to wear, and I really should go see if any of my stuff is left at the husk of a place I used to live at.

She doesn't seem to be looking forward to the task.

Lex-Kat
2012-07-07, 12:05 PM
{Outside Watchtower}

Sallianne looks over at Amelia, surprised. She hadn't noticed she was nekkid before. Neirian is a clothing-optional city. We only wear clothes in the open when we have guests, or go outside of Neirian. She looks over at Jamie's head. And human children. Humans are so silly when it comes to their bodies.

Morty
2012-07-07, 01:53 PM
[Barracks (West)]

Wenomir will eventually find Yazon in his room. The door is wide open and the dwarf can be heard mumbling to himself within. Peeking inside will reveal him putting some clothing in a dresser.

The warrior steps into the room, but stops in the doorway. I see you're settling in. Got a minute?

Gullara
2012-07-07, 02:03 PM
The dwarf turns around. "[B]Ah, Wenomir. What do you need?" He moves to stand in front of Wenomir, abandoning what he was doing.

Morty
2012-07-07, 02:10 PM
[Barracks (West)]

When you first came here, you saw me try out an axe and mentioned you're proficient in it. So... I'd like to ask if you could train me, Wenomir says. I'm trying to branch out from using the longsword.

McBish
2012-07-07, 02:30 PM
{Outside Watchtower}

Oh yeah, I guess that is an anwser to having no clothes in any sort of shape to wear, just don't wear clothes. But Amelia shakes her head.

"Maybe you guys don't wear clothes in public, but I do. And the shirt I am wearing under this jacket doesn't count as clothing anymore."

More like a soiled bandage she thinks to herself.

"Sorry, I guess it is just a silly human thing."

She says with a shrug but refuses to meet anyone's eyes while saying it.

Gullara
2012-07-07, 02:34 PM
[B]"Bearded axe, right?" Yazon turns and retrieves his own axe from the corner of the room. "I could show you a thing or two. I should, I've been using the things for a good couple decades."

Morty
2012-07-07, 02:44 PM
[Barracks (West)]

That's the one, Wenomir says with a nod. And I'm glad to hear it. I've been meaning to learn it, but it's so much harder without an instructor... when can we begin?

Gullara
2012-07-07, 03:51 PM
"[B]I suppose now will be fine. I wasn't all that busy anyhow." Yazon looks back into his room and nods. It can be dealt with later. "Lead the way."

Morty
2012-07-07, 04:54 PM
[Barracks (West)]

Great. Follow me. Wenomir will head towards the Training Grounds.

Gullara
2012-07-07, 06:03 PM
[Training Grounds]

Yazon follows a long. "Alright, get yourself an axe and we can get started." He says when they arrive.

And then Yazon will start to teach Wenomir the basics of using a bearded axe. He's a patient teacher and has been using the weapon for a long time. No doubt Wenomir will pick it up fairly quickly.

Devixer
2012-07-07, 09:42 PM
Boris's Room

Cornelia smiles down at him, laying a kiss on his drowsy head before she retreats from the room. The gunsmith doesn't want to go too far, though - she heads toward her room, cleaning some guns out and amusing herself for a bit before hurrying off to the kitchen.

Hours later, she returns to Boris's room with a large bowl of steaming stew. Cornelia peeks inside the doorway, trying to see if Boris is awake again or not.

Boris has woken up by now. He's sitting at the desk in his room, examining his currently disassembled Vintorez while making notes on a piece of paper.

Murkus
2012-07-07, 10:23 PM
Boris's Room

"Ye busy, Boris?" Cornelia asks from the door, approaching slowly. She attempts to place the steaming bowl in a spot where it won't be obtrusive. "I made sum food."

Devixer
2012-07-07, 11:32 PM
[Boris's Room]

Boris turns his head to look at Cornelia. "No, not really," he says with a grin. The bowl should be pretty easy to place, as all the parts of the rifle (a few of which were definitely not part of the construction,) are on one part of the table. "Thank you very much for that."

Murkus
2012-07-07, 11:43 PM
Boris's Room

"Ye get enough sleep?" Cornelia smiles back at him, taking up a spot directly behind his chair. She'll try to put her hands on his shoulders, gently kneading the skin out of habit rather than actual purpose. "Whatcha writin'?"

Devixer
2012-07-07, 11:47 PM
[Boris's Room]

"I got plenty of sleep," Boris replies, and for once isn't just trying to be tough. He doesn't stop Cornelia from laying her hands on his shoulders, and when asked about his notes, points to one of the sheets, on which are illustrations of each new part. "I'm trying to figure out how these modifications work. I don't like have something in my weapon that is unfamiliar to me."

The Bushranger
2012-07-07, 11:59 PM

"Hey, I'm not a child anymore!" Jamie protests, but she gives Amelia a sympethetic look. "Mom probably has some clothes in your size we could give you," she offers.

McBish
2012-07-08, 12:43 AM

"Well then if I can get some clothes there it sounds like a lot better time then anything else I had going on. I would be happy to come with you guys.

Maybe this will help her turn her luck around.

Murkus
2012-07-08, 01:12 AM
[Boris's Room]

"What're the mods?" Cornelia asks, leaning in to have a look at the parts strewn about the table. She's less familiar with modern Earth weapons, but a gun is a gun.

Devixer
2012-07-08, 02:11 AM
[Boris's Room]

"Well, the one that's bugging me the most is this one," Boris says, as he grabs what looks like the rifle's firing pin. "It looks plain, but I think it makes these rounds go faster without making any more noise than they already do."

orb_of_blood
2012-07-08, 05:54 AM
[Main Gate]

Watchtower may be dauntingly huge to a man who's been held underground for so long, but Micah is not impressed.

Watchtower may be (as in 'may' be, I actually know rather little of what protects it, but this seems a fair bet) protected by so many spells one can almost feel the magic crawling over their skin, but Micah still isn't impressed (if that's the case).

It may have something to do with poking around dangerous dragon-and-gnoll filled caverns in his past, and being enslaved by a race of hyenids. It sorta saps the interest from other tasks.

Still... revenge! A sweet taste, he has to admit. All he needs to do is ask for aid against the slave-driving, pillaging gnolls. Maybe he'd even get to put an arrow through the eye of one as well.

Micah slings his longbow across his back to appear as un-threatening as a blood-soaked and muck-covered man can get, and approaches the main gate. “Hello? Hello? I'd love some help down here! You guys are s'pposed to care if some gnolls wanna kill folk and take slaves, right?”

Reinholdt
2012-07-08, 10:07 AM
Outside Watchtower

Irene raises an eyebrow at Jamie's childish protests. :smalltongue:

"I didn't realize how dark it was down there." Irene says to no one in particular. Her player completely missed that Amelia had very little clothes.

Morty
2012-07-08, 11:01 AM
[Training Grounds]

Yazon follows a long. "Alright, get yourself an axe and we can get started." He says when they arrive.

And then Yazon will start to teach Wenomir the basics of using a bearded axe. He's a patient teacher and has been using the weapon for a long time. No doubt Wenomir will pick it up fairly quickly.

Wenomir will indeed pick up the basics relatively quickly. He's never fought with a bearded axe before - only a one-handed infantry axe - but he's been fighting for many years now and using weapons is an instinct to him.

Gullara
2012-07-08, 11:10 AM
[Training Grounds]

"You're getting the hang of this thing pretty quickly. You've been fighting for a good while yourself, eh?" Yazon asks after they've stopped.

Morty
2012-07-08, 11:45 AM
[Training Grounds]

Oh, yes, Wenomir says, wiping the sweat off his brow and resting the axe on his shoulder. Almost half of my life. I've faced other soldiers, demons, witches, apocalyptic children...

Gullara
2012-07-08, 03:03 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Bit more colourful resume than my own, then. I've mostly just fought other soldiers and whatnot." Yazon says.

McBish
2012-07-08, 03:29 PM
[Outside Watchtower]

Amelia has the right amount of clothes on, just mostly covered in blood and falling apart. The gash to her leg left a large tear in her jeans which is already expanding, and her shirt under her jacket has several large tears and has turned from white to the darkish brown of dried blood, and is starting to irritate her. The jacket she is wearing is patched in several places and has obviously been through a lot, it is the one part of her outfit that she probably won't just throw away, that and her shoes.

Not to mention the fact that she had just recently slept for over a week in these clothes, so she would just about kill to get something new on.

Morty
2012-07-08, 03:46 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Bit more colourful resume than my own, then. I've mostly just fought other soldiers and whatnot." Yazon says.

Oh, you'll get a chance to fight something else soon enough. Like demons, it looks like. Wenomir leans on his axe. The demon-hunting mission being stuck in deadtime for the time being, of course. They're pretty vicious bastards. We've had run-ins with them before.

Gullara
2012-07-08, 03:58 PM
[Training Grounds]

Yazon nods. He was there for that meeting after all, even if he was just listening. "They sound nasty. Nothing a sharp blade and a little elbow grease can't take care of I figure."

Morty
2012-07-08, 05:20 PM
[Training Grounds]

A blade to the skull does cramp their style, Wenomir says with a nod. But they're pretty relentless. Luckily for us, their bosses are too damn arrogant for their own good. It's like they can't even imagine us lowly mortals could do anything to them. Hopefull it'll hold them back.

Murkus
2012-07-08, 10:07 PM
[Main Gate]

Watchtower may be dauntingly huge to a man who's been held underground for so long, but Micah is not impressed.

Watchtower may be (as in 'may' be, I actually know rather little of what protects it, but this seems a fair bet) protected by so many spells one can almost feel the magic crawling over their skin, but Micah still isn't impressed (if that's the case).

It may have something to do with poking around dangerous dragon-and-gnoll filled caverns in his past, and being enslaved by a race of hyenids. It sorta saps the interest from other tasks.

Still... revenge! A sweet taste, he has to admit. All he needs to do is ask for aid against the slave-driving, pillaging gnolls. Maybe he'd even get to put an arrow through the eye of one as well.

Micah slings his longbow across his back to appear as un-threatening as a blood-soaked and muck-covered man can get, and approaches the main gate. “Hello? Hello? I'd love some help down here! You guys are s'pposed to care if some gnolls wanna kill folk and take slaves, right?”

"No, actually," comes a spry, perpetually amused voice, from high atop Watchtower's wall. Squatting there, staring down at Micah, is some cross between a white-tailed deer and a satyr. The upper half of his body is that of a dark-skinned man - albeit one with a stag's eyes and a small pair of antlers. Adir raises his eyebrows at the man. "But gnolls are on the itinerary this week. As is freeing slaves, for some reason. Come on in, tell us the tale."

With that, the stag jumps back down behind the imposing bulwark, waiting for Micah to follow.

[Boris's Room]

"Well, the one that's bugging me the most is this one," Boris says, as he grabs what looks like the rifle's firing pin. "It looks plain, but I think it makes these rounds go faster without making any more noise than they already do."

"What? Wit magic?" Cornelia decides to try a little experiment. See if her formerly blind eye can still see magic. It can, in fact, so if there's something odd about the bolt then she should notice.

Devixer
2012-07-08, 10:10 PM
[Boris's Room]

"I hope not, I'd really like to know how it works." Boris places the pin back down on the table, and sighs a little.

The firing pin is indeed magical.

Gullara
2012-07-08, 10:33 PM
[Training Grounds]

Yazon nods. "Sounds like a good thing to keep in mind. Let them keep their guard down then hit them where it hurts."

Murkus
2012-07-08, 11:32 PM
[Boris's Room]

"I hope not, I'd really like to know how it works." Boris places the pin back down on the table, and sighs a little.

The firing pin is indeed magical.

"Yep, it's magic. Simple charm, by the look. Nice touch. Where'd ye get it, Boris?" Cornelia examines it closely, and will attempt to pick it up after a moment. Her other hand remains on Boris's shoulder, still plying the muscle.

Devixer
2012-07-08, 11:56 PM
[Boris's Room]

Boris isn't exactly pleased with the fact that the pin works because of something he doesn't understand, but he doesn't voice it. he also doesn't stop Cornelia from picking up the part. "I got it at Erin's Emporium, over at that Mall. Strangely public, for a weapons dealer." Boris glances at his shoulder that Cornelia has a hand on, and after a moment, tries to lay his own hand on hers.

Murkus
2012-07-09, 12:28 AM
[Boris's Room]

"Oh I know. Idnit grand? Ye can carry a gun anywhere! No license!" Cornelia says with a grin. She grows a little more serious, when a hand is placed over hers, but no less happy. "But, um, anyway. Ye shouldn't sweat it. Most folks don't git how this magic **** works. They just go mad tryin." The last part is said mirthfully, and she leans down to wrap her arms around Boris's neck and shoulders. Her face alongside his.

Devixer
2012-07-09, 01:05 AM
[Boris's Room]

Boris chuckles at that. "Very different from my home, I'll admit." As Cornelia leans towards him, his face softens a little. "You're right. I think I have higher priorities right now anyway."

Murkus
2012-07-09, 01:21 AM
[Boris's Room]

"M'yeh? What're those, love?" Cornelia asks, looking him in the eyes with a lazy expression. She tries to kiss his cheek affectionately.

Devixer
2012-07-09, 01:56 AM
[Boris's Room]

Boris doesn't stop the kiss, as per usual. "For one, I should probably make sure this stew you made doesn't go cold. After that, well, I think we can make that decision when it comes."

Murkus
2012-07-09, 02:24 AM
Boris's Room

"Mm. Lemme know if ye think of anythin," Cornelia says, with one of those cheeky little smiles she's so good at. She slips her arms off of him, but for a hand on his shoulder. "I'll go check the stew. Get ye somethin' to drink." The hand slips away reluctantly, and he'll hear her retreat from the room.

The stew is plenty tasty - stuffed with a thick mixture of chicken and potatoes, along with a few other token vegetables like celery and cabbage. There only seems to be one spice in the soup - besides salt of course - something like oregano, but richer and sweeter.

When she returns, there's a glass of some brown liquid in her hand, with a lemon wedge stuck on the edge. "Hope Russians like sweet tea."

Morty
2012-07-09, 09:38 AM
[Training Grounds]

Yazon nods. "Sounds like a good thing to keep in mind. Let them keep their guard down then hit them where it hurts."

I wouldn't be so optimistic, Wenomir says. Even if we manage to take them by surprise, they might recover quickly. Either way, we've handled worse around here.

Lex-Kat
2012-07-09, 10:31 AM

"Hey, I'm not a child anymore!" Jamie protests, but she gives Amelia a sympethetic look. "Mom probably has some clothes in your size we could give you," she offers.

"Well then if I can get some clothes there it sounds like a lot better time then anything else I had going on. I would be happy to come with you guys.

Maybe this will help her turn her luck around.

Irene raises an eyebrow at Jamie's childish protests. :smalltongue:

"I didn't realize how dark it was down there." Irene says to no one in particular. Her player completely missed that Amelia had very little clothes.

Amelia has the right amount of clothes on, just mostly covered in blood and falling apart. The gash to her leg left a large tear in her jeans which is already expanding, and her shirt under her jacket has several large tears and has turned from white to the darkish brown of dried blood, and is starting to irritate her. The jacket she is wearing is patched in several places and has obviously been through a lot, it is the one part of her outfit that she probably won't just throw away, that and her shoes.

Not to mention the fact that she had just recently slept for over a week in these clothes, so she would just about kill to get something new on.

I'm sure we could find you something to wear in Neirian. And a nice shower as well. Sallianne plugs her nose, suddenly aware of a stench that has followed them out of the Watchtower dungeons.

And with that, she'll wave an arm into the are, flinging pixie dust possibly over everyone. Those who are dusted, may find themselves teleported to Neirian (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13523902&postcount=514).

Slii Arhem
2012-07-09, 01:33 PM
Terrie's Tree

Well now, who is this? Or more generally, what is this? It seems a vine has begun creeping up the side of Terrie's tree, bearing grapes and leaves as it climbs higher and higher.

Once it reaches the branches, it stops there for a moment, as if hesitating. Seems that it's waiting for someone in particular. Perhaps checking to see if the little dryad is home?

Or perhaps it's just a simple vine that decided to grow magically quickly through no fault of its own in this very spot, however unlikely that may be.

Halae
2012-07-09, 01:56 PM
[Terrie's Tree]

Terrie is sleeping within the branches of her apple tree, and doesn't seem to have noticed the vine yet. She's currently wearing a tee-shirt that's a bit too big for her and a pair of jeans, which she wears because they're durable. And she tore up all her dresses climbing trees. On her belt is a wooden sword going through a loop. Seems she has aspirations to be a warrior.

Slii Arhem
2012-07-09, 02:19 PM
Terrie's Tree

Apparently satisfied it has found its quarry, the vine shrivels and withers back into the ground, becoming nothing more than fertilizer.

Then, through the entrance of the courtyard comes Dionysus, dressed smartly in a plum suit and beige shirt, a trilby on his head tilted to the side to block the mid-day sun.

He strides up to the tree without a care, and pauses to wipe his knuckles on his shirt before knocking rather loudly on the base of the trunk.

Halae
2012-07-09, 02:30 PM
[Terrie's Tree]

Terrie peeks down from the branches, awakened by the sudden arrival of Dionysus. She drops out of the tree lightly onto her feet, ending up beside the god, as she says, "Hello? Can I help you with something?"

Slii Arhem
2012-07-09, 02:35 PM
Terrie's Tree

Dionysus smiles like a favorite uncle might as he's slipping you five dollars to take to the candy store, "I'm hoping we can help each other. You see, I'm looking for a very special dryad by the name of Terrie, and I think I've found her, but I can't be sure. Maybe you could clear things up for me?" He bends his legs, kneeling slightly so he can get on her level, and smiles even more brightly.

"Word has gotten around that her apples have marvelous properties, and when I heard that I decided to come here and ask her about them myself."

Halae
2012-07-09, 02:44 PM
[Terrie's Tree]

Terrie grins at Dionysus, "That's me! What did you want to know about my apples? Cessie tells me I should warn people who want to eat them, but that's boring."

Slii Arhem
2012-07-09, 02:53 PM
Terrie's Tree

"Wonderful! Rest assured, I don't want to eat your apples. I want to make drinks out of them. If you'll let me, I would make an orchard of trees from your apple seeds to add to my vinyards. Of course, I don't ever ask for something without offering a favor in return, so if there's anything you want from me, just ask, and I'll do my very best to give it to you." And so his plot is revealed. Dionysus wants to make wine from fey apples? This could turn into shenanigans in a hurry.

He's being sincere about helping Terrie though. Favors are his trade, and he's getting something big out of this.

Halae
2012-07-09, 03:01 PM
[Terrie's Tree]

Terrie grins, "I want to be a warrior! Like the Watchmen!" This is something she's wanted for quite a while. Thus why she's carrying a wooden sword, of course, "I don't know if there's a way for you to do that though. I'm going to need a lot of training." She nods.

... this is a five year old (mentality, anyways) kid that knows she needs training? Odd.

Slii Arhem
2012-07-09, 03:08 PM
Terrie's Tree

Dio considers her predicament with care, "Training... or perhaps a bit of magical aid. What if I asked a friend of mine to craft you a weapon that you could use to get better with? He owes me a favor, so I'm sure he'll be happy to oblige." He stands up, looking at the tree for a moment.

"Maybe... yes, a hammer perhaps? We could even use part of your tree for the haft, if you can spare a branch." Now he's thinking, his mind limbering up to something new.

Halae
2012-07-09, 03:30 PM
[Terrie's Tree]

Terrie grins, "Yeah, that'd be great!" Terrie says excitedly, "One condition! the haft has to be alive. Then I can go out and smite evil!" Because dryads need to be near their tree, and it doesn't count if the tree is dead! Terrie seems excited at this prospect.

She's so excited in fact that she leans her head over to the side and takes hold of the leaves that make up her hair. Four apples start growing from the leaves with shocking speed.

Slii Arhem
2012-07-09, 03:43 PM
Terrie's Tree

"Of course. I wouldn't dream of killing any part of such a lovely tree. In fact, let's make the entire hammer out of one branch, to make this work the absolute best way it can."

"So, we have a deal then?" He reaches out a hand to shake, to seal their pact of course.

Halae
2012-07-09, 03:51 PM
[Terrie's Tree]

Terrie grins, planting a pair of apples in Dio's outstretched hand. Then she'll try to take his other hand so she can put the other pair in his other hand, "Deal!"

Well, she didn't quite understand the idea of shaking hands, but I think it still counts. At this point she runs off, giggling madly to herself. she can finally be a warrior! Go out and have adventures! The reason she's running off though is because she doesn't want people to see her playing, pretending her wooden sword is a hammer. She's a bit vain regarding that.

Morty
2012-07-09, 03:58 PM
Because two of his plotclones are stuck in deadtime anyway...

[Terrie's Tree]

Wenomir enters the courtyard. He's dressed in his "civilian" clothing, which means a loose black sleeveless shirt and loose trousers. He's unarmed, but those who know him also know he's far from harmless even now. He glares at Dio as Terrie runs off.
What's going on here? He asks, in a rather unfriendly tone, as he approaches.

Slii Arhem
2012-07-09, 04:05 PM
Terrie's Tree

Dio blinks, but accepts the apples, slipping two of them into the pockets of his coat as Terrie runs off. Now he just has to call in that favor from Hephastus and-

Oh, well he supposes not everyone he'd run into would be friendly. Nonetheless, Dionysus puts on his most charming smile for Wenomir as he approaches, bowing formally.

"I'd heard about a dryad in these parts with unique apples. I wished to bargain for some, and turn the results into a wine to see how it would come out. As you can see, I have the apples in hand, so I can trouble you no longer, apart from a short visit back to make good on my end of the bargain."

Morty
2012-07-09, 04:09 PM
[Terrie's Tree]

Wenomir frowns. He's never actually spoken to Terrie, but strangers coming over and offering deals to children is a bad thing no matter how you look at it.
Deal, you say. What sort of deal? And who are you anyway? He asks, his tone not the slightest bit warmer.

Slii Arhem
2012-07-09, 04:22 PM
Terrie's Tree

Ah wonderful, suspicion and ill manners. Well, he could hardly expect better while on unfamiliar ground.

"A favor for a favor. Specifically, she wanted a weapon so she could properly defend herself and train to be a warrior. I suggested a hammer made from one of the limbs of her tree, and she seemed amenable to that." No sense in concealing the terms of their deal. Honesty would get him more here than lies, and the deal was already set.

Morty
2012-07-09, 04:24 PM
[Terrie's Tree]

This just keeps getting better and better. Wenomir already suspects he'll have to throw this guy out head-first. In fact, he hopes he'll get to do it.
You gave a child a weapon. A true stroke of genius on your part. And you haven't answered my other question. Who are you?

Slii Arhem
2012-07-09, 04:31 PM
Terrie's Tree

"I haven't given her anything yet. I need to have it handcrafted first, and then return with it. As for my name, Bacchus is what I'm most commonly called. And you?" There really is no dealing with some people is there? Wenomir simply gets more and more hostile the longer this conversation goes on, no matter what he says.

Even though he said he was ready to leave at the start. Such an odd twist of logic that is.

Morty
2012-07-09, 04:37 PM
[Terrie's Tree]

I'm Wenomir. One of the residents here. I don't suppose there's any way for you to alter the deal and give Terrie something other than a weapon? The warrior asks.

Slii Arhem
2012-07-09, 04:41 PM
Terrie's Tree

"Of course, if that's what she wants. I'm very flexible in my business dealings. It helps to stay loose. However, this is still a business deal, and sealed on my end. I'm obligated to give her what she asks for, so long as I'm capable of doing so." Ah, the wonders of godhood. Bound to your word, so long as you're foolish or wily enough to give it.

In this case, Dionysus doesn't regret offering Terrie carte blanche in return for her aid. If she wanted to be a warrior, it was her right to train to become one.

Morty
2012-07-09, 04:43 PM
[Terrie's Tree]

Wenomir raises his eyebrow. Obligated... It's not like a deal with a little girl is legally binding, so it raises another possibility.
You wouldn't happen to be one of the wish-granting beings, would you? Like genies and the like. Or Libra.

Slii Arhem
2012-07-09, 04:49 PM
Terrie's Tree

"Wishes are not in my purview, no. Just someone who holds themselves to their honor, however foolish that may seem. I care not if the person I'm dealing with is a child, an elder, or a fool. If I offer them my aid, then I will not back down from my offer simply because it would be convenient to do so." He would lose standing amongst the other gods if he went back on his word, like a thief would among the poor, but only oaths sworn over Styx could truly bind him.

Not that he enjoys losing favor either. It was his third most cultivated crop, trailing behind his follower's happiness and his personal vinyards.

Morty
2012-07-09, 05:12 PM
[Terrie's Tree]

Wenomir frowns. Weird guy. Suspicious, too. And strolled into Watch without a care in the world.
Alright. I'll talk to Terrie and see if I can convince her to change her mind. You can go if you wish.

Slii Arhem
2012-07-09, 05:38 PM
Terrie's Tree

"Just one last thing I'm afraid. I don't want to leave unprepared after all." Dionysus reaches up and tries to pull a limb off of Terrie's tree, which should come off without a snap. Looks like he's chosen one about the size of a mid-sized warhammer.

Assuming the tree and the grump allow him to do this, he'll carry the branch under his arm and salute Wenomir with a handful of apples.

"Good day then, master Wenomir. May the sun shine just a bit brighter in your heart on the morrow than it does now." With that cheeky farewell, he'll attempt to take his leave of Watchtower for today.

Morty
2012-07-09, 05:55 PM
[Terrie's Tree]

Hopefully it will, Wenomir says. Despite all the changes for the better that have happened in his life in the last two years, he's still grumpy and generally ill-disposed. Once Dio is gone, Wenomir turns to look for the little dryad.

Reinholdt
2012-07-09, 06:01 PM

I'm sure we could find you something to wear in Neirian. And a nice shower as well. Sallianne plugs her nose, suddenly aware of a stench that has followed them out of the Watchtower dungeons.

And with that, she'll wave an arm into the are, flinging pixie dust possibly over everyone. Those who are dusted, may find themselves teleported to Neirian (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13523902&postcount=514).

[Outside Watchtower]

And Irene is teleported to Pixie Land!

orb_of_blood
2012-07-09, 06:53 PM
"No, actually," comes a spry, perpetually amused voice, from high atop Watchtower's wall. Squatting there, staring down at Micah, is some cross between a white-tailed deer and a satyr. The upper half of his body is that of a dark-skinned man - albeit one with a stag's eyes and a small pair of antlers. Adir raises his eyebrows at the man. "But gnolls are on the itinerary this week. As is freeing slaves, for some reason. Come on in, tell us the tale."

With that, the stag jumps back down behind the imposing bulwark, waiting for Micah to follow.

Micah does indeed follow, perhaps a little hesitant about entering. After all, he'd been nabbed in the last fortress he was in. Though, that was an orc-infested ruin and this is... well, not.

"The tale? What on Laira would you need to know other than 'bloodthirsty gnolls are headed your way'?" Micah's somewhat agitated, and not at all polite. "Some mad elf ran off the leader and took over. Wants to draw them into a trap or something. Kill them, arrest them, don't care. Though killing them would be more satisfying..."

He's slow to realize he's not talking to a race he knows. "Who the heck're you anyways?"

Murkus
2012-07-09, 08:00 PM
Micah does indeed follow, perhaps a little hesitant about entering. After all, he'd been nabbed in the last fortress he was in. Though, that was an orc-infested ruin and this is... well, not.

"The tale? What on Laira would you need to know other than 'bloodthirsty gnolls are headed your way'?" Micah's somewhat agitated, and not at all polite. "Some mad elf ran off the leader and took over. Wants to draw them into a trap or something. Kill them, arrest them, don't care. Though killing them would be more satisfying..."

He's slow to realize he's not talking to a race he knows. "Who the heck're you anyways?"

"Wait, our way? Like right now?" Adir's voice suddenly loses its warmth. He won't sound the alarm just yet though - that statement was a bit too general. Still, the friendliness hasn't left his face. "I'm Adir Frescot. Nice to meet you. Now about this elf..." Adir holds out his hands in a questioning gesture. "Why's he sending the gnolls our way?"

orb_of_blood
2012-07-09, 09:03 PM
"Wait, our way? Like right now?" Adir's voice suddenly loses its warmth. He won't sound the alarm just yet though - that statement was a bit too general. Still, the friendliness hasn't left his face. "I'm Adir Frescot. Nice to meet you. Now about this elf..." Adir holds out his hands in a questioning gesture. "Why's he sending the gnolls our way?"

"Uh... Micah. S'ppose it's nice to meet you too..." He's never been one for niceties, so that's a little awkward for him.

"'Cause he's an elf? Elves're crazy like that, ain't they? Are on Laira anyways. He says he wants to draw them to a trap, but I think he's trying to 'ttack this place and take it for them gnolls. Why else'd he ally himself with a blackguard, and send slaves such as me on jobs, and not kill the head gnoll, but run him off? Suspicious, is what it is."

Devixer
2012-07-10, 12:52 AM
Boris's Room

"Mm. Lemme know if ye think of anythin," Cornelia says, with one of those cheeky little smiles she's so good at. She slips her arms off of him, but for a hand on his shoulder. "I'll go check the stew. Get ye somethin' to drink." The hand slips away reluctantly, and he'll hear her retreat from the room.

The stew is plenty tasty - stuffed with a thick mixture of chicken and potatoes, along with a few other token vegetables like celery and cabbage. There only seems to be one spice in the soup - besides salt of course - something like oregano, but richer and sweeter.

When she returns, there's a glass of some brown liquid in her hand, with a lemon wedge stuck on the edge. "Hope Russians like sweet tea."

Boris enjoys the stew very much when he eats it, though I doubt he would've vehemently disliked it even if it wasn't rich in flavor. Eating plain rations most of your life tends to lead to lower standards in taste.

When Cornelia comes back with the tea, he tilts his head a little. "Never tried it before, so it wouldn't be fair for me to say."

Murkus
2012-07-10, 01:24 AM
"Uh... Micah. S'ppose it's nice to meet you too..." He's never been one for niceties, so that's a little awkward for him.

"'Cause he's an elf? Elves're crazy like that, ain't they? Are on Laira anyways. He says he wants to draw them to a trap, but I think he's trying to 'ttack this place and take it for them gnolls. Why else'd he ally himself with a blackguard, and send slaves such as me on jobs, and not kill the head gnoll, but run him off? Suspicious, is what it is."

"Suspicious is right. I think you need to come with me, pal. What was this elf's name again?" Adir seems a little suspicious of Micah. What an odd man, showing up out of the blue like this. He gestures for Micah to follow, perhaps back inside so that they can find someone in charge.

Boris enjoys the stew very much when he eats it, though I doubt he would've vehemently disliked it even if it wasn't rich in flavor. Eating plain rations most of your life tends to lead to lower standards in taste.

When Cornelia comes back with the tea, he tilts his head a little. "Never tried it before, so it wouldn't be fair for me to say."

"Then try it," Cornelia says, practically thrusting it upon him. The glass will have an extremely strong flavor - so sweet it curves around into unpleasant. Or at least, it might. The gunsmith wouldn't make it if she didn't enjoy it. "So? Whaddya think?" She seems to be expecting a good answer.

Devixer
2012-07-10, 01:44 AM
[Boris's Room]

The sweetness of the drink is a little overwhelming for Boris, but he doesn't gag or show distate. Instead, he just says, "Wow, there is a lot of sugar in this drink. It is sugar, right?"

Murkus
2012-07-10, 02:22 AM
[Boris's Room]

The sweetness of the drink is a little overwhelming for Boris, but he doesn't gag or show distate. Instead, he just says, "Wow, there is a lot of sugar in this drink. It is sugar, right?"

"Sugar, tha's right. Thought ye'd enjoy it," Cornelia says. This is the opinion she's apparently decided on. "I, uh, put a pie in th' oven too. While I was out thar. Should be ready in an hour or so." She purses her lips. "Ye like peaches, right?"

orb_of_blood
2012-07-10, 10:31 AM
"Suspicious is right. I think you need to come with me, pal. What was this elf's name again?" Adir seems a little suspicious of Micah. What an odd man, showing up out of the blue like this. He gestures for Micah to follow, perhaps back inside so that they can find someone in charge.

Yeah, odd, but hard to give much warning when being dragged around by gnolls and into a battle ending with a change in pack systems. Micah follows Adir wherever he leads, glad that he wasn't turned away.

"Uh... I dunno. Calf? No, that can't be right. Something like that though. Kal, maybe?" He shrugs. "It don't matter none. Where're we going?"

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-10, 11:38 AM
Before I post in WATCHTOWER... what's going on with that meeting? Magtok shot a cannon at them, sure, but after that everyone just sort of forgot about it and now everything's in deadtime hell.

Edit: Well this isn't the OoC thread. DERP.

Morty
2012-07-10, 11:40 AM
[Crater]

"Yes, could you explain a little more, Cessie?" Says KR.

[Crater]

"As I said, Tobias offered to have a HALO memory under our command in exchange that we gave HALO intelligence about the nexus in general." She replies, being handwaved to the crater.

((It seems to have been picked up near the crater. Guess noone felt like walking back up the stairs first.))

Halae
2012-07-10, 12:41 PM
[Terrie's Tree]

Hopefully it will, Wenomir says. Despite all the changes for the better that have happened in his life in the last two years, he's still grumpy and generally ill-disposed. Once Dio is gone, Wenomir turns to look for the little dryad.[Courtyard]

Wenomir will find the little dryad on the other side of the courtyard, swinging around her wooden sword. Even to someone who isn't trained in weaponry, she obviously has no idea what she's doing, but all the same, she looks determined to try.

When she notices Wenomir approaching though, she stops, standing up straight, and looks fairly embarassed. She didn't really want people seeing her do this sort of thing, since it was kind of, well, embarassing.

Morty
2012-07-10, 01:21 PM
[Courtyard]

Wenomir approaches Terrie, managing to actually look somewhat gentle and friendly.
Hi there. I understand you gave some of your apples to that gentleman who just left.

Halae
2012-07-10, 01:36 PM
[Courtyard]

Terrie grins, "Yeah! He'll get me a hammer and I can be a warrior, like you and the other Watchmen! And I'll be able to leave the Tower when I have it!"

Morty
2012-07-10, 01:39 PM
[Courtyard]

Wenomir sighs. People who have never seen battle often think being a warrior is glamorous. Including children.
Don't you think you're a bit too young to be a warrior? It's dangerous, you know.

Halae
2012-07-10, 01:53 PM
[Courtyard]

"It's never too early to start training!" Terrie says, still grinning, "I want to be a hero like you. Save people! If I do dangerous things, that means others don't have to."

Morty
2012-07-10, 01:58 PM
[Courtyard]

Wenomir rubs his forehead. It's not surprising, really. As a dryad not lucky enough to be bound to a treant, she can't actually leave Watchtower. And living in a place inhabited by professional ass-kickers was bound to have an effect. This will require a more subtle approach.
That's noble of you. But you need to promise us you won't get into dangerous situations until you really know how to fight.

Halae
2012-07-10, 02:04 PM
[Courtyard]

Terrie thinks for a moment, scratching her chin, "Will you train me if I say yes?"

Morty
2012-07-10, 02:10 PM
[Courtyard]

Wenomir almost facepalms but instead touches his forehead with his fingers. For the love of the gods he no longer really believed in... this is ridiculous. But if it'll keep Terrie both safe and happy, maybe it's worth a try.
I've never trained children before, but I can try if that's what it takes.

Halae
2012-07-10, 02:14 PM
[Courtyard]

That most certainly brightens up Terrie's already beaming expression, and she lunges headfirst into Wenomir's stomach for a hug, "Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou."

Murkus
2012-07-10, 02:15 PM
Yeah, odd, but hard to give much warning when being dragged around by gnolls and into a battle ending with a change in pack systems. Micah follows Adir wherever he leads, glad that he wasn't turned away.

"Uh... I dunno. Calf? No, that can't be right. Something like that though. Kal, maybe?" He shrugs. "It don't matter none. Where're we going?"

"Kal? I mighta heard that somewhere," Adir says. Was that a Watch member? Oh well. The stag leads Micah toward the tower.

Morty
2012-07-10, 02:24 PM
[Courtyard]

Feeling rather awkward, Wenomir pats Terrie on the back.
You're welcome. Just remember that you have to listen to me for as long as I'm training you, alright?

Halae
2012-07-10, 02:32 PM
[Courtyard]

"I will, Wenomir!" Terrie says. She probably doesn't know what she's in for, but she's willing to try! She also hasn't let go.

Mindfreak
2012-07-10, 03:39 PM
"It's called Common, sweetie," Adir says, a little snarky and more than a little confused. English? What the hell kinda language was that?

In any case, he skims the application and nods to himelf. "Well, the only stuff left is your profession and, uh, 'other information'. You got a steady job, Kirila?" The stag will have to get Kirila working on those beans straightaway. Anything that can heal those wounds that quickly could come in real handy around Watchtower.
Hospital
"Um...I don't think I have job...but I've probably forgotten about it if I do have one.":smallredface:
And while Kirlia can grow the beans, there's no guarantee that they'll have the same fantastic effects on everyone. :smalltongue:

Morty
2012-07-10, 04:27 PM
[Courtyard]

"I will, Wenomir!" Terrie says. She probably doesn't know what she's in for, but she's willing to try! She also hasn't let go.

Wenomir shakes his head. He hopes he won't regret it.
Well then. When do you want to start?

Zefir
2012-07-10, 04:43 PM
[Observatority] -> Meeting Room

Since there isn't another shot I assume it's hard to make out the source. Well Mia doesn't even know where it came from so seeking the whole sky could need to much time. So she decides to go back to the meeting Room. Hopefully the others will come back soon.

Darkcomet
2012-07-10, 04:45 PM
[Training Grounds-Shooting Range]

DC is present here, firing on helpless targets he's set up with a rather unusual new weapon.

This one looks less high-tech than most of the psychic's designs, at least on the outside. While it retains the usual exterior aesthetic of DC's more recent (read: EI) tech, this one has no telltale glows like many of the others. It's also somewhat more bulky than most, looking like something of a heavy rifle.

The targets hit by it expose its nature and provide a rather flashy (and loud) display, the projectiles exploding in a concentrated burst of energy on impact.

Needless to say, there is not much left of those targets after a while.

Fortunately DC set up targets on his own rather than wrecking the range with that gun.

Murkus
2012-07-10, 05:00 PM
Training Grounds - Shooting Range

Having likely spotted the spectacular pyrotechnics produced by DC's new gun, the young soldier Adir hurries over and calls out to him. "DC, sir! I've got some bad news!" He approaches, hopefully followed by the strange human Micah. "There's a bunch of gnolls on the way. Getting ready to attack us, apparently. Led by someone named Kal?" Adir could've sworn that was a Watch member's name, but he has to be mistaken.

Beans
2012-07-10, 05:16 PM
"So, superpeople that fell from orbit. Sounds suspicious." Adir has an almost perpetual look of amusement, grinning foolishly. "Those people you were fighting won't follow you here, will they? My wife's been spooked enough for one day."

The stag glances toward Kirila when she voices her question. "Um, sure, you can put in an application. Not that we have anything for stopping Amazonian space warriors, but we can try." He turns to Niza again. "How about you?"[/COLOR]
Um... yeah, sure!
Name: Niza
Sex: Female
Race: Human Mobile Weapon Unit
Reason for Joining: Um... probably whatever Kirila put here?
What will you bring to the table?: Combat abilities, proficiency with beam firearm technology and thermal blades, some other stuff I'm still trying to remember properly, and I have cool rocket boosters on my shins.
Profession: I bet it involved beating things up and/or rocket shins.
Other: I can actually take off these robot bits but I prefer not to.

Halae
2012-07-10, 05:29 PM
Wenomir shakes his head. He hopes he won't regret it.
Well then. When do you want to start?[Courtyard]

Terrie looks at Wenomir's face, which of course requires her to take it away from being burried into his stomach, "As soon as my hammer gets here!"

Darkcomet
2012-07-10, 05:31 PM

"I see. Any word on high-tech or magic support? Or demonic influence? Anything of that sort?" Even as he speaks, DC is being rather typical for him, continuing with his weapon testing against what few targets remain. "If they lack anything, it'll be rather simple for us to decimate them through sheer technological and supernatural superiority."

The psychic is remarkably calm about this.

happyturtle
2012-07-10, 05:45 PM
Demon Meeting

"So can I go and talk to Ilpholin now?" Darcy asks with an exasperated sigh.

Gullara
2012-07-10, 06:12 PM
I wouldn't be so optimistic, Wenomir says. Even if we manage to take them by surprise, they might recover quickly. Either way, we've handled worse around here.

[Training Grounds]

Yazon nods. "So I've heard. We best be ready to face them in any case."

Murkus
2012-07-10, 06:22 PM
Hospital
"Um...I don't think I have job...but I've probably forgotten about it if I do have one.":smallredface:
And while Kirlia can grow the beans, there's no guarantee that they'll have the same fantastic effects on everyone. :smalltongue:

Um... yeah, sure!
Name: Niza
Sex: Female
Race: Human Mobile Weapon Unit
Reason for Joining: Um... probably whatever Kirila put here?
What will you bring to the table?: Combat abilities, proficiency with beam firearm technology and thermal blades, some other stuff I'm still trying to remember properly, and I have cool rocket boosters on my shins.
Profession: I bet it involved beating things up and/or rocket shins.
Other: I can actually take off these robot bits but I prefer not to.

"Well, uh, you don't need to have had other jobs. But we gotta think of some way to test you guys," Adir says. "Since you seem to be from some kind of, uh, warrior culture, we're gonna have to fight something."

"I see. Any word on high-tech or magic support? Or demonic influence? Anything of that sort?" Even as he speaks, DC is being rather typical for him, continuing with his weapon testing against what few targets remain. "If they lack anything, it'll be rather simple for us to decimate them through sheer technological and supernatural superiority."

"You'll have to ask him," Adir says, forking his thumb at Micah. He waits for DC to finish firing again before speaking. Maybe the stag will ask him about the gun later. "Might just be the usual sword n' board action. Should I rally the troops?"

Devixer
2012-07-10, 08:38 PM
[Boris's Room]

"Sugar, tha's right. Thought ye'd enjoy it," Cornelia says. This is the opinion she's apparently decided on. "I, uh, put a pie in th' oven too. While I was out thar. Should be ready in an hour or so." She purses her lips. "Ye like peaches, right?"

Boris doesn't disagree with Cornelia's statement about him enjoying it. He'll just have to get used to the sweetness of the drink. The word 'peaches' intrigues him a little, though. "Ah, what are those?"

orb_of_blood
2012-07-10, 09:05 PM

Micah shrugs. "My bets are that you can slaughter them gnolls with little effort. We Lairan's ain't got this fancy technology stuff." The ex-slave has never seen anything quite luck that weapon, and instantly likes the look of it. Powerful. "Only problem's the magic, though 'part from the blackguard, there's maybe only a couple users of it in the pack. I s'ppose you won't have much trouble after all, but it'll save some poor folk from slavery, and all that heroic crap."

Murkus
2012-07-10, 10:48 PM
[Boris's Room]

Boris doesn't disagree with Cornelia's statement about him enjoying it. He'll just have to get used to the sweetness of the drink. The word 'peaches' intrigues him a little, though. "Ah, what are those?"

"It's fruit, love! What, ye ne'er even heard of a peach?" Cornelia looks positively mortified. This has to be fixed as soon as it can. "Gods, all that world o' yers has is demons an' snow. Ever tried oranges? Grapes?"

Devixer
2012-07-11, 03:36 AM
[Boris's Room]

"Well, I've had fruits, just never peaches. I assume they don't survive easily in Russia." Boris shrugs. "Guess I'll figure out what they are soon enough, right?"

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-11, 09:01 AM
[KRomir's Room]

Wenomir nods with a faint smile. He never did tell anyone about his family. He thought all his ties had been cut, so he saw little point.
Pretty much, yes. I don't know what to think either. Last time I saw him was when I was leaving home to join the army. Now... he's got a family on his own and he thought I was dead. And of course, I'm an... important person right now. He seems to have trouble reconciling the fact that we're family with the fact that he thinks I'm so much more important than he is, he says with a certain distaste in his voice.

[KRomir's Room]

"I'm sure he'll get used to it eventually." KR says. Wenomir's not exactly the type to act all lordly after all, so it's kinda hard to maintain that impression for long.

[Training Grounds]

The Crab-Spiders start to annoy the Dai-Onis with all the bursting and firing of flesh-stinging rays. they each try to grab an arm to rip it, bite it or smash off its socket.

Serph does get sandwitched by the ground and air force. As I said he is null to physical attacks and highly resistant to fire. thus the only thing he suffers momentary dis ordination of sense, hey getting dazed is a mind attack, as he is on the ground. Thus he has no counterattack for that.

On the training course Red is starting to think his partner got the crappy end of the stick, I mean what's the point in trying to smush a shapeshifter? Red studies awhile to see the variations of the contraption, whether you'd have to go back and forth to pass or not and the specific timing and speed needed. being a demonic shapeshifter he is faster than a normal human being and should be fast enough for this part of the course. Thus he crosses the area. Now if there are no sudden surprises then all should be well.

Hildur has to stop for a moment once she encounters this corridor. She takes perhaps a few too many seconds looking at the pattern of the smashing wall panels. Once she has it down, though, she gets through it. At this point, she's starting to feel a little winded. She has plenty of energy for now, though.

[Training Grounds]

Oh no! Gods forbid that Serph's minions get annoyed! :smalleek:
Why, it's almost as if that they're fighting a battle that's been specifically designed to be unwinnable in order to test the limits of their powers! Crab Spider 1 spins its torso around like a top at ridiculous speeds, hoping to fling the Dai-Oni that have grabbed onto its arms out of the training circle.

Meanwhile, Crab Spider 2 attempts to dogpile Serph leap on top of him and drive its arms to the ground around him, forming a cage.

Meanwhile, meanwhile, at the obstacle course, KR notes that pause and approves. She appreciates a member taking a moment to scope out a situation before charging in. Of course, care will have to be taken in the future that the moment remains a moment, and not longer.
Anyway, they come across their last obstacle!
It's a solid brick wall.

[Crater]

Good thing WATCHTOWER's not relying on Mia's undoubtedly keen detective skills then. It must take a special level of deductive reasoning not to be able to figure out the culprit of this heinous attack when the person next to you has just called them up on the telephone and loudly insulted them over it. Truly, a worthy addition
to the cause.
"Yeah, go ahead. I don't think we'll be able to salvage this meeting anyway."
She turns to Cessie.
"Well it just so happens we have information to share, then. Get in contact with HALO and tell them about the demons. And it'd be nice if we can get in touch with their representative too."

happyturtle
2012-07-11, 09:11 AM
Crater

"Right. I'm off then," Darcy says. Unless someone stops her within the next RL day, then she'll have left the thread.

Morty
2012-07-11, 09:14 AM
[Training Grounds]

Yazon nods. "So I've heard. We best be ready to face them in any case."

Yeah... at least it's something we can handle. Back when Watchtower was founded, we faced a couple threats against which lowly footsloggers like us weren't of much use, Wenomir muses. Those were the days.

[KRomir's Room]

Yeah. Maybe. Wenomir isn't too hopeful. His brother is not too bright - it runs in the family, probably - and he's spent his entire life as a serf. It's natural for him to assume that some people are just more important. But instead of dwelling on that, he gets to the point. Still... what would you think if I said I want to find a way to be a normal human again?

[Crater]

Yet another of Wenomir's plotclones rubs the back of his head.
We seem to have a plan anyway. Scope them out using our observatory and ask HALO if they can do anything. No use charging in blind.

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-11, 10:18 AM
[KRomir's Room]

A pause.
"I'd think it might be nice to see what color your eyes are."
KR smiles slightly, and sits down on the bed.
"If that's what you want, then you should do it. Though... why?"

Shadowcaller
2012-07-11, 10:22 AM
[Crater]

"Very well, I shall get in touch with Tobias as soon as possible then and tell them that. So unless there is anything else I shall do as ordered." Cessie replies and will do just that unless there are any objections.

((*pokes to the PM I sent you*))

Morty
2012-07-11, 10:43 AM
[KRomir's Room]

A pause.
"I'd think it might be nice to see what color your eyes are."
KR smiles slightly, and sits down on the bed.
"If that's what you want, then you should do it. Though... why?"

Wenomir smiles as well and tries to slip his arm around her.
It sure would be nice. I can't remember myself. As for my reasons... well. It's been bugging me for a while. I just don't feel like all those powers come from myself. I didn't really earn them... they were grafted on me. And meeting my brother reminded me just how distant it makes me from what I used to be.

Asha'man
2012-07-11, 11:42 AM
[Training Grounds]

Oh no! Gods forbid that Serph's minions get annoyed! :smalleek:
Why, it's almost as if that they're fighting a battle that's been specifically designed to be unwinnable in order to test the limits of their powers! Crab Spider 1 spins its torso around like a top at ridiculous speeds, hoping to fling the Dai-Oni that have grabbed onto its arms out of the training circle.

Meanwhile, Crab Spider 2 attempts to dogpile Serph leap on top of him and drive its arms to the ground around him, forming a cage.

Meanwhile, meanwhile, at the obstacle course, KR notes that pause and approves. She appreciates a member taking a moment to scope out a situation before charging in. Of course, care will have to be taken in the future that the moment remains a moment, and not longer.
It's a solid brick wall.

Power limit huh? I knew that that surviving for one minute was a modified truth! Anyway on to the battle.

Serph comes back to his senses to avoid another ground pound. Seeing that his attacks are being of no use he becomes angry, very angry. That happens when you get used to one-shooting each foe then have a level spike in difficulty. In this angry moment he puts his blade back in its sheath on his back and bursts in flames, this is done quickly. A flaming Serph heads towards CS2 with his fists up.

Of course, loosing one's cool can have dire consequences in a battle especially for one that uses summoned creatures. In his anger Serph loses his link with his four demons. This causes all four demons to be thrown by the top-like CS1. The first three vanish in a puff of smoke while the last stands on his scythe like a ninja. A gleam in its eyes change, it is no longer being suppressed or controlled by Serph. no one other than Serph and Red can notice this and neither are in a position to do so. The Dai-oni or rather Ongyo-Ki tries to move past the CS1 with blinding speed.

Over at the Obstacle course Element encounters the wall that looks like its made from bricks. If there is any way to get past it by air he'll fly, if not then underground. If that still doesn't work then he'll try to density shift past it.

Darkcomet
2012-07-11, 04:58 PM

"You'll have to ask him," Adir says, forking his thumb at Micah. He waits for DC to finish firing again before speaking. Maybe the stag will ask him about the gun later. "Might just be the usual sword n' board action. Should I rally the troops?"

Micah shrugs. "My bets are that you can slaughter them gnolls with little effort. We Lairan's ain't got this fancy technology stuff." The ex-slave has never seen anything quite luck that weapon, and instantly likes the look of it. Powerful. "Only problem's the magic, though 'part from the blackguard, there's maybe only a couple users of it in the pack. I s'ppose you won't have much trouble after all, but it'll save some poor folk from slavery, and all that heroic crap."

DC nods to himself. "Seems simple enough. Do take the time to inform everyone regardless, I'd hate to lose anyone because of simply underestimating the enemy. When is the attack expected?"

Devixer
2012-07-11, 05:22 PM
[Training Grounds]

It's a solid brick wall.

A solid brick wall doesn't provide too much of an obstacle to Hildur, as she decides to show off a little. She approaches the wall, and touches it with the palm of her hand. Parts of her arms are suddenly covered in a golden armor as she uses her Air Shaping to shatter the stone that the wall is made of, then move on through.

Gullara
2012-07-11, 09:15 PM
Yeah... at least it's something we can handle. Back when Watchtower was founded, we faced a couple threats against which lowly footsloggers like us weren't of much use, Wenomir muses. Those were the days.

[Training Grounds]

"Hrm, I suppose that's to be expected from time to time, considering the job." Yazon says. He's personally quick happy that that isn't the case this time.

orb_of_blood
2012-07-11, 09:23 PM

DC nods to himself. "Seems simple enough. Do take the time to inform everyone regardless, I'd hate to lose anyone because of simply underestimating the enemy. When is the attack expected?"

"Dunno. Prob'ly 'round an hour or so. Tell me this, you planning to kill 'em, or just arrest 'em? Cause if you're killing 'em, I'd love to help out." Kinda dark, but he was a slave for a few weeks and now bears quite a hatred for them.

The Librarian
2012-07-11, 09:59 PM
[The Front/Main Entrance to WATCHTOWER]

A mysterious individual appears, manifesting itself seemingly out of nowhere. The person is wearing a hazy purple robe with silver trim and a hood that completely conceals the individuals identity from anyone.

The individual stands there as if waiting for someone to approach them.

Murkus
2012-07-11, 10:08 PM
"Well, I've had fruits, just never peaches. I assume they don't survive easily in Russia." Boris shrugs. "Guess I'll figure out what they are soon enough, right?"

"Aye. Ye like pie, tho, don'tcha?" Cornelia says with a smile. The gunsmith really must feed Boris more, now that she's back.

"Aaanyway... I hope ye like everythin'. I try, but I'll ne'er be as good as my pap." Cornelia sits down on the bedside, reaching up to un-braid her hair.

DC nods to himself. [B]"Seems simple enough. Do take the time to inform everyone regardless, I'd hate to lose anyone because of simply underestimating the enemy. When is the attack expected?"

"You got it," Adir says, before rushing off to do as he's been ordered. He's quite quick, so unless a Watch member is making diligent attempts to conceal themselves, they'll all be warned within twenty minutes or so. If he finds Cessie and can get a telepathic transmission going, even faster.

For convenience's sake, we can say this is a new timeline.

Devixer
2012-07-11, 10:45 PM
[Boris's Room]

Boris hesitates a little before responding. "Actually, I've never had pie either. Heard of it, at least." Geez, he is clearly deprived of a lot of things. "Speaking of your father, are you able to tell me what personal events caused you to leave?"

And in an alternate timeline, Boris is warned of an approaching army. He'll go wherever he might be needed.

Murkus
2012-07-12, 12:13 AM
Boris's Room

"Um. Yeh, o'course," Cornelia says, sounding nervous anyway. She lets her fine hair fall about her shoulders, fluffing it out a bit, before continuing. "My mum - y'know, the elf - went to visit my pap's grave an', um..." She's filled with a volatile mixture of emotions. Hope and sadness and anger, the last of which is directed at her mother. "He wadn't there. Empty grave, busted coffin. I buried him there m'self, Boris."

The Librarian
2012-07-12, 12:19 AM
The Mysterious Individual knocks on the doors/gates/entrance of WATCHTOWER. The being appears to want access inside WATCHTOWER.

Devixer
2012-07-12, 12:26 AM
[Boris's Room]

Boris's facial features contort a little. Tampering with graves? The mere thought angered him a little, and his thoughts briefly flash to the comrades he had lost in Siberia. "Why was that? Do you know?"

Murkus
2012-07-12, 12:31 AM
Boris's Room

"Some foul glammer. Had to be. The coffin broke from the inside, Boris," Cornelia says angrily, clenching her fists. "It's the Hag. I know it. The one my pap fought in the ol' days. She jus can't leave well enough alone." Anger turns to rage.

Devixer
2012-07-12, 12:34 AM
[Boris's Room]

Boris feels a little bit of that anger himself. Who would tamper with the dead? Why? "Do you know where the hag is? If there's anything we can do to help your father rest?"

Murkus
2012-07-12, 12:58 AM
Boris's Room

"She haunts old battlefields. Like a ghost, 'erself. M'just worried she's gotten into the Nexus," Cornelia says, sighing. She has no clue where the Hag goes, or how her mind works. The woman's mad, by all standards of the civilized world. "She musta found some way to fix up her glammer trail, too. I can't see 'er magic anymore. Thar was none, round pap's grave."

Devixer
2012-07-12, 01:01 AM
[Boris's Room]

Boris hmm's in thought. "Maybe there was some other sort of sign of her presence? Tracks, disturbed ground?" He puts a hand over his face. "Wouldn't matter much, though, if she was already long gone."

Gullara
2012-07-12, 07:35 AM
[The Front/Main Entrance to WATCHTOWER]

A mysterious individual appears, manifesting itself seemingly out of nowhere. The person is wearing a hazy purple robe with silver trim and a hood that completely conceals the individuals identity from anyone.

The individual stands there as if waiting for someone to approach them.

The Mysterious Individual knocks on the doors/gates/entrance of WATCHTOWER. The being appears to want access inside WATCHTOWER.

[Outside the Gate]

Thump. Thump. Thump. Three large, stone creatures loudly land on the ground surrounding the robed person. They stand at their daunting full height, wings spread out to make them appear even bigger.

"And who're you?" The first asks, eyeing them suspiciously.

"Don't that Magtok guy wear a purple robe? The one that shot at us?"

"I think you're right. Oi, you have some nerve coming around here." The first gargoyle steps forward and tries to poke the person in the chest with a sharp claw.

Shadowcaller
2012-07-12, 09:43 AM
"You got it," Adir says, before rushing off to do as he's been ordered. He's quite quick, so unless a Watch member is making diligent attempts to conceal themselves, they'll all be warned within twenty minutes or so. If he finds Cessie and can get a telepathic transmission going, even faster.

For convenience's sake, we can say this is a new timeline.

Cessie is more then willing to help Adir send the message to everyone within Watch. This can be hand waved however, everyone can just be assumed to know in this particular timeline.

[Watch - Wenomir and Cessie]

At some point the sorceress approaches the demon hunter. "Wenomir, could I have a word with you please? It's important."

Morty
2012-07-12, 09:57 AM
[Training Grounds]

"Hrm, I suppose that's to be expected from time to time, considering the job." Yazon says. He's personally quick happy that that isn't the case this time.

It is, but it didn't make sitting around and twiddling my thumbs any easier. Wenomir shrugs. Things have gotten better since then.

At some point the sorceress approaches the demon hunter. "Wenomir, could I have a word with you please? It's important."

Cessie will find Wenomir in the kitchen, eating something. When she enters, he nods.
Of course. What is it?

The Librarian
2012-07-12, 10:13 AM
Thump. Thump. Thump. Three large, stone creatures loudly land on the ground surrounding the robed person. They stand at their daunting full height, wings spread out to make them appear even bigger.

"And who're you?" The first asks, eyeing them suspiciously.

"Don't that Magtok guy wear a purple robe? The one that shot at us?"

"I think you're right. Oi, you have some nerve coming around here." The first gargoyle steps forward and tries to poke the person in the chest with a sharp claw.

[Outside the Gate]

The hooded individual looks at the stone creatures from under the being's hood. Its responds to the creatures with a low pitch female voice.
...This Magtok that you speak of beings of stone, I assure you that I am not whomever this person is. I am a messenger, and I came here to speak to the one who leads this Organization. Will you allow me to proceed?

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-12, 11:38 AM
[Crater]

"Alright then. I suppose that concludes the meeting, unless anyone else has something they'd like to bring up."

[Training Grounds]/B]

[B]"Impressive." Says KR, clapping briefly as the two emerge from the end of the obstacle course. Behind them, the course starts to sink back into the ground. She's clapping at Hildur of course. She wanted the brick wall to be a show of brute force, in contrast to all the earlier agility and precision, and Hildur certainly demonstrated such. Element just did some vague thing to get past it. I'm not sure exactly how his density thing works. It wasn't explained very well. Or at all.
"Well, I think you've adequately proved your ability. Welcome to WATCHTOWER."

Meanwhile, in the circle, nothing much happens! I mean, Serph is just moving towards Crab Spider 2 while on fire, so Crab Spider 2 is just standing there staring at him. Maybe it thinks Serph is just going to burn to death?

Oh, and a Dai Oni is moving at BLINDING SPEED! Crab Spider 1's response is to calmly stick an arm out in its path and attempt to clothesline the demon.

[KRomir's Room]

"I see." Says KR.
"So, um... how do you think you're going to get rid of them?" KR would offer a sciency method, but she's not that kind of scientist. >.>

Shadowcaller
2012-07-12, 12:00 PM
[Watch - Wenomir and Cessie] Make out

The sorceress puts her hands together and closes her eyes for a moment before she replies. "I normally wouldn't ask this but I have been considering this for quite some time now. I believe that my role as the representative in the council could work more streamlined if I didn't need to ask you, DC and KR about permission for certain things. On the other hand I also believe that I might have failed to keep my personal feelings about certain subjects outside the council chamber. I have realized that as Watch representative I might need a different outlook on things to be able to properly represent it. Therefore I would like to express my interest in becoming one of the leaders of Watch in exchange that that I submit myself to the tutorship of the other leaders for an period of time decided by them."

KR might want to wander into this scene.

Devixer
2012-07-12, 12:26 PM
[Training Grounds]

The Gossamer armor around Hildur's arms fades until it's just a glove again as she exits the obstacle course. "Great, thank you. Is there anything I need to fill out, or am I good to go?"

Morty
2012-07-12, 01:01 PM
[KRomir's Room]

That's a good question, Wenomir says, a little sheepishly. It would probably mean removing the demon blood from me somehow, but I'm not sure who could do it. Still, if they injected it in me, it should be possible to get it out. Especially in the Nexus.

Wenomir raises his eyebrows. He wasn't expecting that.
Well, this is suprising. I've never thought you wanted this sort of thing. But it's not a bad idea... worth a try, at least. We could use a leader with more social skills than me, KR and DC. I'd be willing to give it a shot if KR and DC have no objections.

Gullara
2012-07-12, 01:40 PM
[Outside the Gate]

The hooded individual looks at the stone creatures from under the being's hood. Its responds to the creatures with a low pitch female voice.
...This Magtok that you speak of beings of stone, I assure you that I am not whomever this person is. I am a messenger, and I came here to speak to the one who leads this Organization. Will you allow me to proceed?

[Outside the Gate]

The gargoyles regard her in silence for a moment. "Sounds like a woman." One offers.

"Magtok's a woman, right?"

"No, he's supposed to be a man."

"But I thought it was women that are the ones that wear dresses?"

"Maybe he's gender confused."

"Whatever. You." He points to the robed person. "Come with me then. And watch yourself." He turns and walks toward the tower where he'll go in search of one of the leaders.

The Librarian
2012-07-12, 01:48 PM
[Outside the Gate]

The gargoyles regard her in silence for a moment. "Sounds like a woman." One offers.

"Magtok's a woman, right?"

"No, he's supposed to be a man."

"But I thought it was women that are the ones that wear dresses?"

"Maybe he's gender confused."

"Whatever. You." He points to the robed person. "Come with me then. And watch yourself." He turns and walks toward the tower where he'll go in search of one of the leaders.

The individual noticeably nods following the stone giant offering aid.
As you wish. I shall remain "on guard" while you find the leader for this installation. I thank you for your generosity.

Shadowcaller
2012-07-12, 02:18 PM

"Thank you Wenomir, it would be great if you accompanied me to KR so we could discuss this together. She might have objections after all, but I assure you I'm willing to work for this position." She assures Wenomir.

And then I suppose they start looking for KR.

Murkus
2012-07-12, 02:43 PM
[Boris's Room]

Boris hmm's in thought. "Maybe there was some other sort of sign of her presence? Tracks, disturbed ground?" He puts a hand over his face. "Wouldn't matter much, though, if she was already long gone."

"There's boot tracks. One set. But the Hag don't wear any," Cornelia says. Judging by the look on her face, those boot tracks belong to her father. "It'd been like tha' for weeks. I'm the only one who goes up thar anymore. Cept for mum, apparently." She seems upset. Not just about her mother, or anything from that story in particular.

Basewide

Well, since a set comm system hasn't yet been established, everyone will receive a telepathic message. It's a warning about a bunch've primitive gnolls attacking Watch.

Adir, meanwhile, suits up in some heavy body armor and readies his myriad weapons.