PDA

View Full Version : [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 15: New and Improved!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Mindfreak
2012-07-12, 03:03 PM
"Well, uh, you don't need to have had other jobs. But we gotta think of some way to test you guys," Adir says. "Since you seem to be from some kind of, uh, warrior culture, we're gonna have to fight something."
Hospital
"Like you? Because we were hunting earlier, and everything seemed really weak...":smallfrown:
It's true, the deer, badgers, and such didn't put up much of a fight, but that usually happens when they get a fateful of chi...

Darkcomet
2012-07-12, 04:23 PM
[Training Grounds-Shooting Range]

"Dunno. Prob'ly 'round an hour or so. Tell me this, you planning to kill 'em, or just arrest 'em? Cause if you're killing 'em, I'd love to help out." Kinda dark, but he was a slave for a few weeks and now bears quite a hatred for them.

"Then feel free to stick around, though we take no responsibility should you be harmed in the attack if you choose to do so. I will be getting the heavy firepower." DC promptly flies off, headed for the airship gantry.

There is no kill like overkill, after all.

Devixer
2012-07-12, 04:36 PM
[Boris's Room]

"There's boot tracks. One set. But the Hag don't wear any," Cornelia says. Judging by the look on her face, those boot tracks belong to her father. "It'd been like tha' for weeks. I'm the only one who goes up thar anymore. Cept for mum, apparently." She seems upset. Not just about her mother, or anything from that story in particular.

"Is there anything I can do to help with this?" Boris asks. He obviously feels sympathy for Cornelia, even if he doesn't understand the situation all that well.

--

In the other timeline, Boris has readied his SVD sniper rifle, grabbed a number of clips, and is heading to the highest possible place in the base that gives him a view of the courtyard, where he guesses at least part of the attack will come from.

Murkus
2012-07-12, 05:59 PM
Hospital
"Like you? Because we were hunting earlier, and everything seemed really weak...":smallfrown:
It's true, the deer, badgers, and such didn't put up much of a fight, but that usually happens when they get a fateful of chi...

"What the hell were you shooting at?" Adir says with a laugh. Nexus wildlife, in his experience, is anything but weak. "You girls wanna spar? Let me see whatcha got?"

[Boris's Room]

"Is there anything I can do to help with this?" Boris asks. He obviously feels sympathy for Cornelia, even if he doesn't understand the situation all that well.

"Mebbie. But... not now. If Pap's been raised, there's no tellin' where he's at. He'll find us, or the Hag will," Cornelia says, in a rather dire tone of voice. She slumps over, looking at the floor at her feet. A hand moves to hold her aching head.

Mindfreak
2012-07-12, 06:04 PM
Hospital
"Sure! Sounds like fun!" ^^

Kirlia is ready to go!

Devixer
2012-07-12, 06:18 PM
[Boris's Room]

Boris sighs a little, wishing he could do more than just wait. After staying still for a couple of seconds, he moves to sit next to Cornelia on the bed, and tries to lay an arm around her shoulders.

Murkus
2012-07-12, 06:38 PM
[Boris's Room]

Boris sighs a little, wishing he could do more than just wait. After staying still for a couple of seconds, he moves to sit next to Cornelia on the bed, and tries to lay an arm around her shoulders.

"M'sorry, Boris. I don't wanna put this on you, too," Cornelia says, more than a little depressed, sitting up straight so she can look him in the eye. The arm isn't stopped - it's quite welcome. She leans against him, a little angry with herself. "I jus'... I heard 'bout my pa, and everythin' just came rushin' back. Ridin' with him, watchin' him work, how he passed..." She sighs shakily. "I miss him."

Devixer
2012-07-12, 06:46 PM
[Boris's Room]

"Don't worry, it isn't a burden to me." Boris doesn't mind Cornelia leaning against him at all. "I know how it feels to lose someone, trust me."

Gullara
2012-07-12, 06:49 PM
[Training Grounds]

Yazon nods his agreement. "For the time being, how about we have another go at these axes?" He pats the head of his own.

[Outside the Gate => Looking for a Leader]

And so they look for one of Watchtower's esteemed leaders.

[Basewide - Incoming Attack]

However the warning is given out, there are a few more people preparing.

Yazon busies himself putting on his mail and helmet and grabbing his weapons. He leaves his axes at his side for now, holding the crossbow ready for use at first. That done he'll hurry outside, possibly going on top of the outer wall.

Tic, Tac, and Toe mill about on the top of three of the four towers along the outer wall. If someone's approaching, they'll see it first. Finally they get to serve their intended purpose as gargoyles!

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-12, 11:14 PM
Meanwhile, the base itself begins to prepare for attack. The main gate slowly winches shut, then a thick steel portcullis slams down over it. Both the wood and steel have been heavily enchanted for strength by the original owners, of course, as has the stone of the walls. A brief, bright glow appears at random points in a field outside the wall, and in a thin bright line close to the wall, signaling the activation of the magical minefield. That said, none of the forcefields are activated just yet, and the Butler B. Butler doesn't leave its hanger. That would probably be overkill.

A certain cat sits on the parapet of whichever tower the gargoyle's aren't occupying, while KR sits at the top of the gate tower, polishing her rifle.

[Training Grounds]

[B]"You just have to fill this out." Says KR, handing a membership form to Hildur.

The Gargoyles and Mysterious Stranger could probably butt in to this scene. There are enough Plotclones of KR running around.

[KRomir's Room]

"I think any scientist skilled with bio-tech should be able to do something about it. If they can turn a human into a half-lizard monstrosity, they should be able to turn you back into a human.
"Of course, all the ones I'm aware of happen to be evil."
This is a problem.

[Cessie's Promotion]

KR can be found in the library, reading a book in Draconic. I don't know if Cessie can actually read Draconic. It's titled A Study on Transdimensional Matrices in Accordance to Ptolemaic Principles by Wehrner von Wizardstein. It's probably very exciting.

Devixer
2012-07-12, 11:49 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Right." Hildur takes the form, grabs a pen, and gets to filling out the form:

Name: Hildur Lange/Maarsukaal
Sex: Female
Species: Demi-dragon
Profession: Unemployed
Reason for joining WATCHTOWER: Desire to help the people of the Nexus and to spread my Name.
Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to WATCHTOWER: Air Shaping.
Other Information:

She offers the form for KR. "Is this fine?"

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-13, 12:08 AM
[Training Grounds]

"Yeah, that's fine." KR hands over a room key, a badge, and a nebulously defined communicator that may or may not be the badge, a watch, or some other device.

Devixer
2012-07-13, 12:41 AM
[Training Grounds - Barracks]

Hildur takes the offered items and thanks KR for accepting her into Watch. Then she grabs her bags and heads off to her room to unpack her belongings.

Zefir
2012-07-13, 06:38 AM
[Somewhere]

Snce neither the meeting nor anything else is going on for Mia she will just go for Inside, since she has some 'business' running there.

Morty
2012-07-13, 07:10 AM
[Training Grounds]

Sure thing, Wenomir says, gripping his axe. The rest of the training can probably be handwaved so as to thin out Wenomir's plotclones a little.

[KRomir's Room]

I wasn't going to ask Magtok, Wenomir says. Doesn't Tobias have a laboratory over at GLoG, though? I'll have to ask him. If he can't help, we'll have to look around for someone else. Either way, thanks for hearing me about it. It helps a lot, he adds with a smile.

[Library]

Wenomir, who definetly can't read Draconic, enters the library and smiles when he sees KR.
Hey, KR. Cessie has something she needs to tell you, he says. He decided that Cessie ought to present her case.

Shadowcaller
2012-07-13, 07:10 AM
[Cessie's Promotion]

Harnel have actually taught the sorceress draconic so she can read the title easily enough. As Cessie comes up to KR she can probably tell something is going on once the mage bows before her. "Indeed. I have just spoken to Wenomir about an eventual promotion." She starts. "I believe that it in combination with what I have to do to deserve it would make me a better representative of Watch within the council. As for now I'm ready to do anything to prove myself in the eyes of Watch's leadership and hopefully make myself an able leader in the progress."

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-13, 12:34 PM
[KRomir's Room]

"Of course." Says KR.
"I'll always listen." She hugs Wenomir.

[Library]

KR looks up as Wenomir and Cessie enter, and Wenomir speaks.
"Oh good, rescue." She says hurriedly, slamming the thick book shut with maybe a little too much relief.
Then Cessie says her thing.
"Um... right, okay." She says. She's not sure at all how Cessie could prove her worth as a leader... or if she needs to. It's not as if there's a set procedure or anything given that it hasn't happened in... well, ever.
She looks at Wenomir, hoping for some group input on this.

((You know, it migt be a good idea to shuffle around the leadership lower down in the organization, come to think of it. Given that Jeremy and Catherine have been perma-deadtimed since forever, and Shawna's basically perma-deadtimed except when she occasionally shows up for three posts to do her best White Witch impersonation.))

Morty
2012-07-13, 12:49 PM
[KRomir's Room]

I'm really lucky to have you here, aren't I? Wenomir asks, hugging back and giving her a kiss on the cheek. Sometimes I feel like I'd just stumble around blindly without you, he adds jokingly.

[Library]

Wenomir shrugs. I think it's worth a try. Cessie has proven to be dependable. And we could use another leader for when things to deal with pile up. Since it's either nothing or everything at all around here. Also, we could use someone with more diplomatic skills than you, me and DC.

((That could also work. Adir and Boris would perhaps be promoted.))

Shadowcaller
2012-07-13, 01:14 PM
[Library]

"I would try to help in any way I can. I realize that as a leader I have many more responsibilities but I believe I can handle them. I could deal with new recruits for instance when you aren't around as well as other more dreary burdens." The sorceress offers.

Murkus
2012-07-13, 09:49 PM
[Boris's Room]

"Don't worry, it isn't a burden to me." Boris doesn't mind Cornelia leaning against him at all. "I know how it feels to lose someone, trust me."

The gunsmith rests her head on his shoulder, glancing up at him. "Myah? Well, I s'pose ye must've. Yer a soldier. M'just so... " She shakes her head. "Scattered. When it comes to pap. Even after so long."

[Basewide - Incoming Attack

Adir stands atop the outer wall, dressed (http://sttheo.deviantart.com/art/Helldiver-Markov-167838365)for battle. He's got his rifle set up on a bipod, minus the silly axe-blade, and a pair of Predator-style plasma launchers are folded against his shoulders. Having disposed of the scope due to his already advanced optical systems, the stag scans the surrounding forest wordlessly.

((I was gonna have Adir request command of a squad anyway. At the least.))

Devixer
2012-07-13, 10:26 PM
[Boris's Room]

"I understand. If you need anything from me, just let me know," Boris says, slowly rubbing Cornelia's shoulder.

BladeofObliviom
2012-07-13, 10:38 PM

Due to his player actually being on the scene for once, Jacob stands upon the outer wall in full combat regalia, his armor fully covering him this time. Like usual, it shines intensely and seems almost like liquid. He's carrying no weapons currently, but anyone familiar with him knows that he can turn some part of his armor into one if he wishes.

At any rate, he is currently shaping white mana into the forms of a small battalion of Pikemen and a row of archers to supplement the defenses.

The Pikemen are armed with, well, pikes, as well as bucklers and daggers for foes that come too close. The Archers are armed with Heavy Crossbows, each equipped with a bayonet for potential melee combat. The Pikemen are situated as a first layer of defense inside the gate, while the Archers are set atop the wall, watching for movement.

Murkus
2012-07-14, 01:08 AM
[Boris's Room]

"I understand. If you need anything from me, just let me know," Boris says, slowly rubbing Cornelia's shoulder.

"Jus'... let me take care of ye. Lemme do what I can. Helps keep my mind off things," Cornelia says. Keeping herself busy and with Boris leaves no time to think about some rather disturbing things.

Asha'man
2012-07-14, 02:00 AM
[Training Grounds]/B]

[B]"Impressive." Says KR, clapping briefly as the two emerge from the end of the obstacle course. Behind them, the course starts to sink back into the ground. She's clapping at Hildur of course. She wanted the brick wall to be a show of brute force, in contrast to all the earlier agility and precision, and Hildur certainly demonstrated such. Element just did some vague thing to get past it. I'm not sure exactly how his density thing works. It wasn't explained very well. Or at all.
"Well, I think you've adequately proved your ability. Welcome to WATCHTOWER."

Meanwhile, in the circle, nothing much happens! I mean, Serph is just moving towards Crab Spider 2 while on fire, so Crab Spider 2 is just standing there staring at him. Maybe it thinks Serph is just going to burn to death?

Oh, and a Dai Oni is moving at BLINDING SPEED! Crab Spider 1's response is to calmly stick an arm out in its path and attempt to clothesline the demon.

Whoops well density shift is like what martian man hunter does in justice league, you know DC comics? Well Element will just wait until his partner burns out.

As for Serph....

Serph is on fire but is rapidly getting hotter. Right now he's as hot as Tier 3 fire, by that I mean Firaga, Agidyne or any other top tier heat you may think of. If crab spider plans on doing nothing then Serph will rapidly punch it, just to be clear his punches are stronger than his sword hits from earlier, because you know smash?

Ongyo-Ki is not tripped by a clothes-line, that would be completely idiotic. With that I assume he's gotten past his Crab Spider. If no one else get in the way Ongyo-Ki will make more shadow clones of himself circling Serph. Once he gets enough speed he will attack Serph, and no that's not a typo.

ThirdEmperor
2012-07-14, 06:01 AM
Attack!

Isn't too long after WATCH finishes their preparations that the siege shows itself. With the tower being the highest point in sight and only one approach to watch, it's all but impossible that the WATCHmen on lookout could miss the swarm of canid soldiers marching towards them in motley profession.

In the lead is Kale, a filthy, blood-covered elf who, if anyone has good enough magnification to pick out such details, is looking distinctly unhappy to be here. But now's hardly the time for backing out. That would get him torn to shreds even more surely than following this through.

Halting a good hundred, hundred and fifty feet from the tower, Kale pauses, turning to adress the troops assembled. "Alright. See that tower? It's fulla gold an jewels an riches an all that! So, we're gonna take it!" No time for thinking up eleborate lies, but wealth seems to motivate these fleabags well enough to send them rushing to their doom.

An actual knowledge of strategy would serve Kale well about now, so he'd have some clue of how to screw the 'siege' up as bad as he can, make sure it ends quick with few casualties. But he's neither a tactician, a scholar or a very good speech-giver, so... "All of ya rush the wall at once, all at one point! NOW! GET GOING!"

Morty
2012-07-14, 06:53 AM

Wenomir is also standing on the wall, looking at the oncoming army. Well, "army". The demon-hunter is honestly not sure how this bunch of ragged-looking hyena-people hopes to take a fortress. Maybe it's a ruse of some sort?
They can't possibly hope to win this, he says to whoever is nearby.

Beans
2012-07-14, 08:05 AM
Hospital

Kirlia is ready to go!

Niza nods excitedly, her stupid spiky hair not bouncing at all despite her head's movements.

orb_of_blood
2012-07-14, 08:08 AM
Attack!

No. The hyenids really can't. But then, that's the whole idea, wasn't it? Find some way to break them against near-impossible barriers and some WATCH warriors, so that no more would dream of returning to the Nexus via that particular portal. They aren't expected to return alive.

Well, as daunting as the tower looks, the gnolls have watched their new elven master beat their old leader in an unfair fight... with only a small dagger. That tone from him is enough to get the vast majority of the gnolls moving.

Except for the three who possess some basic level of intelligence, and are confused as to the sudden plan change. "Wait... I thought we were hunting individuals? Shouldn't we leave this castle-fortress alone? Surely it has less gold than we'd get if we just sold the slaves instead? And that's the hum of a force-field. Master... without Sleet to break the magic defenses, there's no way this'll work." Truly, the thought of dying while struggling to breach the walls of some fortress they've never heard of before is not very appealing.

The gnolls who obey all orders blindly, however, don't stop to question Kale. It'll take them a few moments to streak across the remaining meters to the wall next to the tower, ignoring the barricaded gate entirely. Perhaps those claws could be good for climbing the wall?

Zefir
2012-07-14, 09:59 AM

Mia may stand next to Wenomir, more confused than really prepared for battle. Assuming the gate was closed to leave them no way in attacking.

"I think I missed something, but why are they trying to attack us?"

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-14, 10:00 AM
[Attack!]

Well those gnolls are going to have some problems very quickly, as they run over the magical minefield. In random places, where gnolls trip the minds, the ground will flash brightly for a moment, calling bolts of lightning from the sky to zap any unfortunate gnolls in the vicinity. Things get rapidly worse as they start to approach the wall, where a long line of fire suddenly erupts into being; a long, unbroken wall of magical flame higher even than WATCHTOWER's own stone walls, presumably incinerating the front ranks and halting the gnoll advance, assuming they all aren't just stupid enough to run straight through and end the battle without WATCHTOWER having to fire a single shot. The wall continues raging for half a minute, before subsiding into rather ordinary flame, which, lacking a fuel source, should quickly burn itself out.

[KRomir's Room]

"Of course. I'm the best there is, and you'd better believe it." Says KR, continuing the joke. And the kissing, too, though not on Wenomir's cheek.

[Library]

"Well... I suppose the best way really to see if you're a capable leader is to have you go out and... lead... something. Do we have anything that needs leading?" :smallconfused:

[Training Grounds]

Crab Spider 1 gets punched a few times, Serph's fiery blows heavily denting and scorching its chestplate, which is beginning to glow a rather dull red from the heat. That can't be good for its innards. Of course with that much fire flying around, it's expected that there might be some collateral damage going on with the massive gouts of flame and heat flying everywhere. Fortunately the circle has a forcefield which seems to be containing the conflagration, but still, that's not looking good for Serph's record.
Crab Spider 1 stumbles backwards, seeking escape from Serph's fiery assault. Luckily for it, Serph's own minion seems to be stepping in to lend a hand, and it's rapidly joined by Crab Spider 2, which seems fully intent on taking advantage of Serph's lack of control to blast it with stun rays from the rear, staying as close to the edge of the circle as possible to avoid Serph's little heatwave.

KR watches all this with neutral expression, taking a second to glance briefly at her watch. From the looks of things Serph's kinda lost it and she should really be ending the test right now, but with only 12 seconds left on the clock she's got a mind to see where this thing goes.

Devixer
2012-07-14, 11:10 AM
[Boris's Room]

Boris nods, and tries to take Cornelia's hand with his free one. "Of course. I'm here for you, love."

[Attack!]

From his vantage up in the tower, Boris can pretty easily see Kale through his scope. Didn't look like much of a leader, but he was the one barking orders. He knows that Watchtower's defenses will take care of the army pretty well, so he focuses on aiming his shot on Kale's head, taking stock of every possible variable affecting his shot's trajectory.

Morty
2012-07-14, 11:11 AM
[KRomir's Room]

You certainly are. And what about me? Am I the best there is? Wenomir asks with a sly smile after the kiss is over.

[Walls - Incoming Attack]

I have no idea, Wenomir says to Mia as he watches the flames erupt. My guess would be that someone - that elf in the front, most likely - is using them as cannon fodder but if so, it's a very inefficient one. And obviously I don't know why he would want to attack us either.

[Libary]

Coordinating with HALO to get them to help with the recon on the demons might be an appropriate test, Wenomir suggests. Cessie already offered to do it, as soon as Tobias' player is back from his vacation.

Shadowcaller
2012-07-14, 11:39 AM
[Libary]

"Well, the relationship with other organizations would be an appropriate test considering diplomacy is supposed to be the reason I'm needed. This council job have given me much more experience when it comes to other organizations as AMEN." Or well, Ilpholin at least. She now knew how to not approach her.

Asha'man
2012-07-14, 11:45 AM
[Training Grounds]

Crab Spider 1 gets punched a few times, Serph's fiery blows heavily denting and scorching its chestplate, which is beginning to glow a rather dull red from the heat. That can't be good for its innards. Of course with that much fire flying around, it's expected that there might be some collateral damage going on with the massive gouts of flame and heat flying everywhere. Fortunately the circle has a forcefield which seems to be containing the conflagration, but still, that's not looking good for Serph's record.
Crab Spider 1 stumbles backwards, seeking escape from Serph's fiery assault. Luckily for it, Serph's own minion seems to be stepping in to lend a hand, and it's rapidly joined by Crab Spider 2, which seems fully intent on taking advantage of Serph's lack of control to blast it with stun rays from the rear, staying as close to the edge of the circle as possible to avoid Serph's little heatwave.

KR watches all this with neutral expression, taking a second to glance briefly at her watch. From the looks of things Serph's kinda lost it and she should really be ending the test right now, but with only 12 seconds left on the clock she's got a mind to see where this thing goes.

Element watches closely at his companion. Well if the thing was only for a few more seconds then he won't have to worry about Serph burning out. His partner easily loses his cool without him.

Well as I explained in OOC Serph is getting hotter. His body is now reaching tier 4. Tier 4's heat 30,000 Degrees Celsius is whatever is stronger than tier 3 but doesn't divide the place by zero., that's how hot lightning is. This is hotter than Tier 3's heat which was 1,000 Degrees Celsius. Since there are only twelve seconds left he won't go to tier 5 or burnout.

The Ongyo-Ki is not hit by the stun rays, it only harmlessly passes through his shadow clones and after-images. The stun rays hit Serph but are not of much use as the heat and physical aspects of the rays are useless at the moment. As Serph is focusing on his CS he does not notice Ongyo-Ki.
With one CS out of the way he focuses on the remaining Crab Spider. The Dai-Oni takes this chance and stabs him with multiple scythes around the torso. Too bad physical attacks don't work on Serph.

With the Ongyo-Ki ignored Serph rushes fast to his the remaining CS hoping to punch him with a couple of haymakers reach it and give it a good haymaker before the time is over. Serph isn't really the type of guy that worries about collateral damage since he's a demon. So he'll continue to slug it without worrying about the force-field.

Edit Complete!
Edit 2 done..... phew!

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-14, 12:00 PM
((Oh, my bad, I meant that the Crab Spider 2 was aiming at Serph with those stun rays. You know, taking advantage of the Dai-Oni turning against Serph to gang up on him.

Also Crab Spider 1 is no longer inside the ring on account of having been smacked with the force of a truck going at 100 mph. It's super durable, but it's not going to take a hit like that without flying a fair distance, as mentioned in OoC.))

Gullara
2012-07-14, 12:05 PM
[Walls - Incoming Attack]

Yazon frowns as he watches the incoming gnolls. This is a slaughter. The dwarf takes a moment to load a bolt into his crossbow. Just in case they manage to get within range.

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-14, 12:47 PM
[Training Grounds]

Well actually, come to think of it, those edits were probably slightly unnecessary as Serph now rapidly increases his own body temperature to about five times the surface temperature of the sun. Enclosed as it is within a forcefield, the air inside the training circle superheats, and Crab Spider 2 goes ahead and just melts, deciding it's had enough of this **** and would have a much happier time as a white hot puddle, sitting lamely on a ground which is itself starting to melt. Abruptly, the forcefield fails, and the bubble of ultra-hot air explodes outward with the force of a thousand thunderclaps, instantly incinerating the grass nearby and probably setting most of the grass not as nearby, and maybe all the trees in the apple orchard, on fire. KR, aided by her precognition, has just about enough time to close her eyes and half raise an arm to protect her face before the explosion catches her and flings her into the air, probably liquefying most of her organs in addition to setting her on fire and then slamming whatever burning remains are left against the outer walls of the base.

You know, it's usually kind of considered bad form during a job application to actually kill your future boss. Also, don't blow up your workplace.

[KRomir's Room]

"Of course." Says KR with a smirk, who then proceeds with MOAR KISSING. Jeez. We get it already.

[Library]

"Ooooookay... Let's go with that, then." Says KR.

Halae
2012-07-14, 01:07 PM
[Wall - Incoming Attack]

Harnel is here, standing on the wall with the others, "Something's wrong here," He says, "It's possible they're just throwing them at us to test our defenses. I'm expecting something more coordinated and bigger if they find a gap."

He's currently decked out in full adamantine platemail, and he carries three greatswords; Conflict, and a pair of adamantine blades. While two are strapped to his back, one is horizontal across his waist. This suggests that he intends to use it with his tail. Indeed, the articulated plates on his tail are built for flexibility rather than protection. Not that it lacks either, given the adamantine structure of it.

Morty
2012-07-14, 01:08 PM
[KRomir's Room]

Well, just so noone needs to endure this sappy scene for much longer, Wenomir tries to pull the curtain, provided KR doesn't object.

Darkcomet
2012-07-14, 01:11 PM
[Training Grounds]

At the undoubtedly loud sound that was, a bewildered psychic eye turns on the grounds.

What just happened soon becomes apparent to it, and an ominous atmosphere briefly takes hold, and Serph will likely be very well aware that something very angry is watching him for a moment.

Then it strikes.

Serph will likely be aware as a powerful psychic assault on his mind begins, first trying to forcibly break down any mental barriers against such things he may have with all the metaphorical force and finesse of a speeding freight train loaded with explosives.

Following that, provided the barriers fall under that onslaught or do not exist at all, the mental invasion will proceed to blindly strike out at every part of the unfortunate applicant's mind it can reach. Memory, personality, emotion, everything that makes Serph himself is being attacked, the enraged psychic attempting to simply and completely purge his mind.

Shadowcaller
2012-07-14, 01:53 PM
[Library]

"Great, thank you for giving me this opportunity KR." Cessie replies with another bow. She had expected this to be a bit more official but it would do.

"I shall see to it as soon as possible then, I won't disappoint you."

Slii Arhem
2012-07-14, 06:55 PM
Terrie's Tree

A rather odd man, legs covered by a blanket as he sits in his wheelchair, wheels into the courtyard and makes his way methodically over to Terrie's tree while she's asleep. There is a parcel in his lap, rather large at that, but it doesn't seem to interfere with his ability to move forwards.

Possibly because of his major defining feature, his arms. Compared to the rest of him, his arms are absolutely massive, each being nearly as thick around as his barrel-chested torso, bronze skin rippling with muscle and vein even when he goes about the simple actions of moving his chair forward. His face, if one can tear their eyes away from his nearly grotesque musculature, is largely misshapen, a flattened nose and permanent lopsided grin marring his otherwise chiseled features.

Without any attempt to wake the little dryad, he sets the parcel at the base of the tree, wheels himself around, and leaves. It looks like Terrie's hammer has arrived.

Carved from solid applewood, the hammer is meant for her hands only. Anyone who attempts to take it from her will find it as stubborn as her own tree, and it will fight them by growing thorns beneath their grip, and even actively trying to wield itself against them should they be persistent.

But when she wields it... well, she'll just have to find out what happens then on her own. The old smith seems disinclined to explain.

((Just a cutscene to wrap up the promise Dio made to Terrie. It's a bit of an inelegant solution, but since I'm going out, Harnel wanted me to wrap up this plot-thread before I left.))

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-15, 08:52 AM
[KRomir's Room]

Of course KR objects! :smallmad:

KR's trying to pull the curtain first. :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

[Library]

"Alright then."
Now KR can get back to her book!
Joy. :smallsigh:

[Training Grounds]

And Serph takes the Crab Spider's head off. That happens when you can punch harder than a truck. How is this even a test?

Morty
2012-07-15, 09:01 AM
[KRomir's Room]

Regardless of who pulls it first, the curtain falls on the two.

[Library]

Wenomir clears his throat as he remembers something.
Since we're all here and talking about administrative stuff... I had an idea for Watch to branch out a little. This way we'd get more to do when things to whack upside the head are scarce. The idea is that we could offer free training to everyone who wants it. People come here to ask for it at times anyway, so we might as well make it official.

Asha'man
2012-07-15, 09:06 AM
[Training Grounds]

With both CS out of the fight or at least that's what I think Serph puts his attention to Ongyo-Ki.

"Ah, I lost my cool!"

His fire goes out and re-establishes his connection to Ongyo-Ki and dispels him. He goes down to where Element and KK is.

"So did we..... uh, make the cut?"

Shadowcaller
2012-07-15, 09:16 AM
[Library]

"About that Wenomir, wouldn't it be better to train our own members instead? People that come here usually are in need of aid or have come to join after all. Perhaps it would be best if we have some sort of weekly team exercises? Imagine if we could train to combine our powers and fight as a real team instead of individuals. Like if I could make you fly for instance." Cessie suggests.

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-15, 11:04 AM
[Training Grounds]

"No." Says KR bluntly. Serph may notice the forcefield is still up, preventing him from exiting the circle.
"You lost control."

[Library]

KR doesn't say anything. Honestly she has no input. Training people is not a thing she does, member or no. >.>

Morty
2012-07-15, 11:09 AM
[Library]

I don't know why we can't do both, Wenomir says. We can train both amongst ourselves and other people who come by.

Asha'man
2012-07-15, 11:09 AM
Training Grounds

Serph scratches his head.
"Will I get another shot?"
Serph hits the barrier when he tries to leave.

Element speaks.
"Why's the barrier still up."

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-15, 12:22 PM
[Training Grounds]

"The air's hotter than magma in there, if the little sensor beeping into my ear is working correctly." Says KR to Element.
"I don't know about you but I prefer my flesh on my bones. The forcefield stays up until the air cools down to a safe temperature. Or at least until the ground under him stops glowing."
She turns to Serph.
"And sorry, but I'm not in the habit of providing resits to people who can't keep their own abilities in check. Supposing there isn't a forcefield around you right now? Anyone close to you (who isn't Harnel) would be dead. Supposing your demon went after me instead of after you? You're dangerous. Plain and simple."

Shadowcaller
2012-07-15, 01:09 PM
[Library]

"Of course, I just think people are more likely to come to Remnant if they want training rather than Watch. We do after all." Cessie replies with a faint smile.

Morty
2012-07-15, 01:23 PM
[Library]

Wenomir shakes his head.
I'm not sure why. We're a lot more informal than Remnant. Besides, we went to Remnant to recieve training in fighting as a group. People who have come here for training so far came as individuals to be instructed in individial combat.

Murkus
2012-07-15, 03:26 PM
Niza nods excitedly, her stupid spiky hair not bouncing at all despite her head's movements.

Hospital

Kirlia is ready to go!

"Arright, let's go," Adir says, waving the girls outside. He'll head toward the [Training Grounds], entering a ring in the sand and turning to face Kirila. "Arright, c'mon. Try and hit me."

[Boris's Room]

Boris nods, and tries to take Cornelia's hand with his free one. "Of course. I'm here for you, love."

"Thank ye, Boris," Cornelia says contentedly, her arms tightening around Boris for comfort. "So. I guess we're workin' togedder now? 'R ye my boss, or..."

[The Siege?]

Adir watches, almost amused, at the gnoll's display of idiocy. Once the magic mines have died down - whether from a lack of more firepower or a lack of targets - Adir says, "Want me to shoot the elf, or should we see what this is about?" Not as though they're in much danger, anyway.

Devixer
2012-07-15, 04:46 PM
[Boris's Room]

Boris chuckles. "We're certainly working together, though I don't know if I could reasonably say I was your boss, given the influence you have over me."

ThirdEmperor
2012-07-15, 05:21 PM
Outside WATCHTOWER- Attack!

No. This wasn't the plan. The plan was to led the gnolls into an ambush, intimidate them into surrendering more or less peacefully and with minimal casualities. But naturally Kale managed to screw that plan up every step of the way, so we get this merry little slaughter in it's place.

And now it looks like the gnolls are finally catching on. The smarter ones at least. Kale is silent for a moment, watching in stunned horror at the carnage breaking out on the field as his mind races to find some sort of clever lie or answer to the gnoll's question. Unfortunately, he's fresh out of cleverness.

So instead he whirls round and tries to slam the hilt of his pickaxe into the offending gnoll's jaw.

Morty
2012-07-15, 05:28 PM
[Walls]

Wait for now, Wenomir tells Adir. They don't seem to be much of a threat and it might be worth it to capture this elf alive... to see what it's all about. Like Harnel just said, they might be testing our defences.

BladeofObliviom
2012-07-15, 05:40 PM
[Walls]

"That can be arranged."

And with a flick of his wrist and and a mixed channeling of white and blue mana, Jacob flings forth a small cyan sphere of energy, aimed directly at Kale. Wherever it hits, it quickly expands to a radius of ten feet, and attempts to bind the arms and legs of all living beings caught inside with magic rope before teleporting the victims into the center of a circle of pikemen, just inside the walls.

With luck, this won't completely backfire! :smalltongue:

Mindfreak
2012-07-15, 05:42 PM
"Arright, let's go," Adir says, waving the girls outside. He'll head toward the [Training Grounds], entering a ring in the sand and turning to face Kirila. "Arright, c'mon. Try and hit me."
Training Grounds
"Um...okay...if you say so..." she said, rubbing her head as she tried to figure out how she might pull a punch so she wouldn't hurt him.
She concentrates on her chi, repressing it and thus her power and...
Runs.
Not too fast for Adir to follow though, because she's holding back a lot.
And then she tries to tap him, however she's using a bit more of her speed here, putting enough in that it's a tan blur coming to tap him on the shoulder.
She's really worried about hurting him. She remembers what it was like on Earth when she first went there.

orb_of_blood
2012-07-15, 08:23 PM
[Attack!]

[Attack!]

Well those gnolls are going to have some problems very quickly, as they run over the magical minefield. In random places, where gnolls trip the minds, the ground will flash brightly for a moment, calling bolts of lightning from the sky to zap any unfortunate gnolls in the vicinity. Things get rapidly worse as they start to approach the wall, where a long line of fire suddenly erupts into being; a long, unbroken wall of magical flame higher even than WATCHTOWER's own stone walls, presumably incinerating the front ranks and halting the gnoll advance, assuming they all aren't just stupid enough to run straight through and end the battle without WATCHTOWER having to fire a single shot. The wall continues raging for half a minute, before subsiding into rather ordinary flame, which, lacking a fuel source, should quickly burn itself out.

While intelligence is not overly abundant in the ugly hyenid race, none of them are about to go running blindly into a wall of flame. And they do tend to notice when they're being exploded.

It only takes a few mines, a few gory deaths, and a few loud explosions before the gnolls halt quite quickly. Putting their noses to the ground, they attempt to sniff out the location of the mines and pick their way through the field much more carefully.

Which, even if it works, isn't to say that the first four or five aren't instantly incinerated anyways when the sheet of flame suddenly spouts sky-high. And if it doesn't work, then there fewer of them to speak of when they reach this point.

It's a natural instinct for such primitive creatures to hate fire, and the ones towards the back shy away from it, whimpering and content to wait for it to burn itself out.

But why waste the time? Those that hold bows probably wouldn't have climbed the walls anyways. The few who aren't too terrified to think rationally unsling their gnarled bows and take aim. Which is rather difficult to do when your view is obstructed by a huge sheet of dancing flame. They hesitate, clutching their weapons, nocking fletched arrows, and waiting.

------

Outside WATCHTOWER- Attack!

No. This wasn't the plan. The plan was to led the gnolls into an ambush, intimidate them into surrendering more or less peacefully and with minimal casualities. But naturally Kale managed to screw that plan up every step of the way, so we get this merry little slaughter in it's place.

And now it looks like the gnolls are finally catching on. The smarter ones at least. Kale is silent for a moment, watching in stunned horror at the carnage breaking out on the field as his mind races to find some sort of clever lie or answer to the gnoll's question. Unfortunately, he's fresh out of cleverness.

So instead he whirls round and tries to slam the hilt of his pickaxe into the offending gnoll's jaw.

The hilt? Well with bones as thick as a gnoll's, it does rather little except raise a stinging welt, and make the hyenid simply furious. "You led us here to die?"

That may bode extremely badly for Kale, three gnolls armed with swords, whips, claws and teeth, against one elf who still uses the same two-handed pickaxe Kordak easily proved to be a rather pathetic weapon. Except...

[Walls]

"That can be arranged."

And with a flick of his wrist and and a mixed channeling of white and blue mana, Jacob flings forth a small cyan sphere of energy, aimed directly at Kale. Wherever it hits, it quickly expands to a radius of ten feet, and attempts to bind the arms and legs of all living beings caught inside with magic rope before teleporting the victims into the center of a circle of pikemen, just inside the walls.

With luck, this won't completely backfire! :smalltongue:

...except that.

Inflamed by the dawning realization that they were lead here to be slaughtered (or so they think), they really weren't looking around for other spells and the like, and were standing right next to the elf. At least it wasn't a damage-dealing attack.

Though if Kale had noticed said spell, it may have tipped off the gnolls too. So the remainder of this post is rather dependent on Kale's reaction.

Devixer
2012-07-15, 08:29 PM
[Attack!]

Boris snaps out of scope for three seconds to look at the rest of the battlefield. When he notices the archers, he shifts his rifle to aim at them instead. "Bowmen nocking arrows. Do I have a kill order?"

Shadowcaller
2012-07-16, 04:35 AM
[Library]

Wenomir shakes his head.
I'm not sure why. We're a lot more informal than Remnant. Besides, we went to Remnant to recieve training in fighting as a group. People who have come here for training so far came as individuals to be instructed in individial combat.

[Library]

"Well, as long as there is interest. Would you mind if started a training scenario next week though? I have a few ideas in mind which only now can be fully realized." The sorceress says with a mysterious smile. "Any member can join, but the whole exercise is to be about teamwork."

Asha'man
2012-07-16, 05:42 AM
[Training Grounds]

"The air's hotter than magma in there, if the little sensor beeping into my ear is working correctly." Says KR to Element.
"I don't know about you but I prefer my flesh on my bones. The forcefield stays up until the air cools down to a safe temperature. Or at least until the ground under him stops glowing."
She turns to Serph.
"And sorry, but I'm not in the habit of providing resits to people who can't keep their own abilities in check. Supposing there isn't a forcefield around you right now? Anyone close to you (who isn't Harnel) would be dead. Supposing your demon went after me instead of after you? You're dangerous. Plain and simple."

"Well one of the other reasons i came here other than for the dealing with high level threats and getting stronger is refining my skills. Its not like I'm completely dangerous and I can improve control."
Serph says.

"True my partner can cause destruction by himself but with me on him he has better control. If you can give us another shot and help us he can gain even greater control."
Element pleads.

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-16, 10:05 AM
[Training Grounds]

"We offer training to non-members as well." Says KR dismissively.
"Though I don't handle those things personally. I'll give the other members a buzz. If they're willing to help you, they'll come down here and talk to you. Probably let you out of the forcefield, too. If not, I'll send the cat down to do it in a few minutes, so you can leave. I have things to do. Bye."
And with that she attempts to walk towards the lab building, texting the rest of the members on the way as promised.

[Attack!]

"You do." Says KR. She herself decides to help Jacob out by setting her energy rifle to stun and attempting to shoot all of Jacob's captives in midair as he catapults them inside (yes everything inside the wall is dimension locked). She doesn't even need to aim, actually, and frankly, aiming properly would be kinda implausible for shots like these. She just sort of points the rifle in their general direction and trusts the Force to bring her hands exactly where they need to be when she fires. It usually works.

Asha'man
2012-07-16, 10:28 AM
Training Grounds

"Well I'm not waiting for her majesty to find someone to let me out cause she's afraid to get singed. Element call Rotblau out."

"Sure thing, get us out of here Rot."

A shadow extends away from Element and merges with Serph's shadow. The shadow then engulfs Serph and sinks to the ground. The shadow moves outside the forcefield and spits out Serph there. Rotblau himself takes a form, a black solid humanoid silhouette with ordinary features.

"What do you plan to do? Because you lost control you failed the test."

"Well they said they offer training to non-members so maybe we can find a swordsmaster here or a boxer, a brawler maybe?"

So the trio will wander awhile the training grounds looking for someone to train Serph along those lines. If no one is available they will leave, so....

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/smilies/interactionwanted.png

Morty
2012-07-16, 11:50 AM
[Library]

"Well, as long as there is interest. Would you mind if started a training scenario next week though? I have a few ideas in mind which only now can be fully realized." The sorceress says with a mysterious smile. "Any member can join, but the whole exercise is to be about teamwork."

Hm. Go ahead and start. I'll make sure the word is sent about the offer of training. We'll see how many people take it, Wenomir says.

[Attack!]

Damn, this is sad. Those guys would be considered primitive even back home. Whoever sent them here is a right bastard, Wenomir comments. Not much for him to do until the fight reaches close quarters.

Gullara
2012-07-16, 11:55 AM
[Attack!]

Yazon lifts his crossbow and aims at one of the gnolls below just as soon as they start raising their bows. He takes advantage of the fact that his crossbow is ready to fire and they need to draw to shoot at one of the gnolls and duck behind over before they can get a shot off. The crossbow of fine craftsmanship and made to fire further with greater accuracy than your average crossbow.

Devixer
2012-07-16, 12:01 PM
[Attack!]

"Acknowledged." Boris fires his rifle at an archer's head, then takes another second to line up a shot at another one.

FireFox
2012-07-18, 05:26 PM
Toby Druid walks up to Watchtower, carrying a certain blue cat. This may or may not be at the same time as the attack.

Reinholdt
2012-07-18, 05:30 PM
Reinholdt just purrs quietly, watching things around him curiously.

Shadowcaller
2012-07-18, 05:32 PM
[Not-Attack]

This probably isn't the attack as the scene is already moving slow enough already without new players entering it.

Cessie is here to greet Tobias and the blue cat however as they enter the courtyard. "Welcome to Watchtower commander." She greets the two, assuming Reinholdt must be the liaison promised. She had plenty of sapient cats since coming to the nexus after all, in fact, she think she had seen this cat before.

Tobias looks a bit different from what she can recall though. How odd. "Are you going to introduce me to your companion? I have the essence I offered you right here." She shows him a silk bag containing a vial with the demonic essence.

Murkus
2012-07-18, 06:13 PM
Training Grounds
"Um...okay...if you say so..." she said, rubbing her head as she tried to figure out how she might pull a punch so she wouldn't hurt him.
She concentrates on her chi, repressing it and thus her power and...
Runs.
Not too fast for Adir to follow though, because she's holding back a lot.
And then she tries to tap him, however she's using a bit more of her speed here, putting enough in that it's a tan blur coming to tap him on the shoulder.
She's really worried about hurting him. She remembers what it was like on Earth when she first went there.

Kirila is right to be careful. Adir's durable, moreso than a human, but nothing like his father or grandfather. Enough force will kill him outright.

Still, the blow does not land. The stag, in a blur all his own, slips aside. He grins and gestures for her to try again.

[Boris's Room]

Boris chuckles. "We're certainly working together, though I don't know if I could reasonably say I was your boss, given the influence you have over me."

"Influence? Howsat work exactly?" Cornelia says skeptically, scoffing. She smiles at him, lifting her head from his shoulder.

Attack

Shaking off a couple days of deadtime, Adir joins Yazon and Boris, opening up with his battle rifle. The rounds aren't energy pulses or anything silly - but 20mm rounds tend to put burnt holes through things all the same.

FireFox
2012-07-18, 06:14 PM
[Not-Attack]

"Commander"? Toby looks down at Rein, scritching the cat's ears. Kind of a step down from my current position, don't you think? He stares at Cessie with piercing blue eyes. Ah, you probably think I'm my older self. Sadly, I'm not, but if you give me a few years, I will be. He gives her a charming smile. Anyway, we're just here to meet Wenomir right now. He's expecting us.

Reinholdt
2012-07-18, 06:16 PM
[Not-Attack]

"Need me to jump through time to get him?" Reinholdt asks idly.

He tilts his head and examines Cessie. "I'm Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire." Reinholdt gives his flourish. "You seem familiar."

Devixer
2012-07-18, 06:18 PM
[Boris's Room]

"I'd like to think the answer to that is pretty obvious," Boris responds as he moves to try and lay his hand on Cornelia's cheek.

Shadowcaller
2012-07-18, 06:32 PM
[Not-Attack]

The mage looks down at Rein, now that he mentioned treasure hunter extraordinary she recalled where she had heard it before. "Ah, yes. I'm Cessie Mithar. We met inside that dragon tomb, I'm glad to see that you're still well." She replies with a faint smile.

As for Tobias, having alternative versions (or in this case, past versions) of yourself didn't seem that strange to her anymore considering he knew there were at least one alternative version of her. "But, erm, if you aren't that Tobias, Wenomir should be in the training grounds... training." That's what the place was for after all.

FireFox
2012-07-18, 06:37 PM
[Not-Attack]

Thank you, Cessie, we'll head right there. Toby continues to smile as he tries to step around the sorceress and enter the building.

Reinholdt
2012-07-18, 06:39 PM
[Not-Attack]

"Thank you. Oh hey. Did you ever get that problem dealt wi-" And now they're leaving.

"Bye!"
Guess that was cut a little short.

Mindfreak
2012-07-18, 07:04 PM
Kirila is right to be careful. Adir's durable, moreso than a human, but nothing like his father or grandfather. Enough force will kill him outright.

Still, the blow does not land. The stag, in a blur all his own, slips aside. He grins and gestures for her to try again.
Training Grounds
Kirlia grinned.
This will be fun.
She then moves faster than the human eye can follow because, you know, Saiyans do that :smalltongue:, and tries to land a pat on Adir's back.
Though since she's unleashed her entire speed...Adir might find himself suddenly eating dirt.
Luckily she still has some control :smalltongue:

Murkus
2012-07-18, 07:20 PM
[Boris's Room]

"I'd like to think the answer to that is pretty obvious," Boris responds as he moves to try and lay his hand on Cornelia's cheek.

"Mmhm. Whate'er ye say," Cornelia says, pursing her newly healed lips. "Anyways. Tha's a two-way street, if yer implyin hows I think yer implyin."

Training Grounds
Kirlia grinned.
This will be fun.
She then moves faster than the human eye can follow because, you know, Saiyans do that :smalltongue:, and tries to land a pat on Adir's back.
Though since she's unleashed her entire speed...Adir might find himself suddenly eating dirt.
Luckily she still has some control :smalltongue:

Adir gets smacked down! Oooo. He's not hurt or anything, but that one got him for sure. He flips, looking up at Kirila with wide eyes. The fact that his eyes look like those of a deer add to the effect. "What was that?"

Devixer
2012-07-18, 07:28 PM
[Boris's Room]

Boris grins in response to that. "Yeah, I suppose you're right. Depending on what you think I'm implying, of course." He seems to be enjoying his being obtuse.

Mindfreak
2012-07-18, 07:43 PM
Adir gets smacked down! Oooo. He's not hurt or anything, but that one got him for sure. He flips, looking up at Kirila with wide eyes. The fact that his eyes look like those of a deer add to the effect. "What was that?"
Training Grounds
"I'm sorry! I thought that um...from your speed that you'd be able to handle it...sorry..."
"And that was um...me.":smallredface:

Shadowcaller
2012-07-19, 04:24 AM
[Not-Attack]

That did get cut off rather quickly yes, "Farewell." She tells the two as she let them head inside the base. Now to wait for the other Tobias...

[Library]

"Great, I'm going to make some preparations then. I'll talk to you again once I discussed this with Tobias." And with those words she leaves the library.

Morty
2012-07-19, 09:45 AM
[Not-Attack - Training Grounds]

Presuming noone stops Tobias and Reinholdt to summarily execute them for tresspasing, they will indeed find Wenomir on the Training Grounds, doing laps. When he sees the druid and the cat, he heads in their direction, wiping sweat from his brow.

FireFox
2012-07-19, 10:16 AM
[Training Grounds]

Not having any idea where the training grounds are, Toby takes full advantage of the opportunity to wander around Watchtower and commit as much of the base's layout to memory as possible. Unless anyone stops him, he'll probably end up at in front of Wenomir soon enough.

Reinholdt
2012-07-19, 10:19 AM
[Training Grounds]

Reinholdt can't say he particularly knows where it is either, so just stays quiet.

Shadowcaller
2012-07-19, 10:37 AM
[Not attack]

The training grounds, at least in my mind, should be in eyesight of the entrance where Cessie met up with the two so if they start wandering off in another direction she will helpfully give them some pointers where to go.

Morty
2012-07-19, 10:55 AM
[Training Grounds]

Either way, Tobias and Reinholdt end up meeting Wenomir sooner or later.
Hello Tobias, Reinholdt, he says. Are you two ready for the mission, then?

FireFox
2012-07-19, 11:17 AM
[Training Grounds]

Oh, this is actually right in the courtyard. Toby looks a little disappointed that he and Rein didn't get to case Watchtower with impunity. :smalltongue:
There's been a change in plans, Wenomir. Rein pointed out that, being the lawful man that he is, our friend would never go with us if we tried to break him out. So we need to convince the people in charge to release him legally.

Reinholdt
2012-07-19, 11:21 AM
[Training Grounds]

Reinholdt still remains quiet!
Sometimes it's better that way.

Morty
2012-07-19, 11:28 AM
[Training Grounds]

Wenomir folds his arms across his chest.
How are we supposed to do that? And you do realize that I'm not much good for anything that doesn't involve violence.

FireFox
2012-07-19, 11:33 AM
[Training Grounds]

Maybe you should look into expanding your limited skill set, then. Have you tried cooking? The Druid shrugs and pets the cat in his arms, fighting the urge to begin a villainous monologue in which he refers to Wenomir as "Mr. Bond". Obviously we need to identify the highest authorities in the theocracy and apply pressure to them until they do what we want. I have an idea for a three-pronged offensive... but perhaps we can continue this discussion somewhere private?

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-19, 11:33 AM
((Hey hey hey, Tobias only said the release had to be legal. He never said that the method of convincing did. :amused::smalltongue:))

If you're a ninja and you're on fire... can you still catch people who are on fire?

Zefir
2012-07-19, 11:46 AM
Attack

Mia just stands on the wall.

"Eh guy we should maybe not throw so many things against them. We may interrupt each other here."

She will after all prepare a shield spell to cover the Watchtower members from any arrow, but she waits otherwise she would interrupt the people with the guns. The shield wouldn't allow any bullet to pass.

Morty
2012-07-19, 12:01 PM
[Training Grounds]

Wenomir shrugs. He's going to trust Tobias on this, at least to a point. After all, the druid is helping him out a great deal.
Alright. Let's head to my room in the West Barracks.

FireFox
2012-07-19, 01:52 PM
Probably, but I would think a ninja that's on fire would be rather noticeable. :smalltongue:

Toby smiles in satisfaction as he closely observes the parts of the West Barracks he can see on the way.

ThirdEmperor
2012-07-19, 02:39 PM
Rapidly Flying Through the Air Towards WATCHTOWER- Attack!

So this is it then. Three 'gainst one, Kale with no proper weapon and not feeling nowhere near his best. Not good odds. Not much choice in running either, no hiding spots or cover to be had, jus' a wide open run that'd end soon as one of the mutts catches up. No, running's no good either.

Gripping his pickaxe in both hands, Kale ignores every instinct in his body screaming for him to get out of here and takes a step towards the gnoll who spoke. "An if I did? Nothin you can do now. You.. You should jus' get lost while ya still can, save yer own worthless hides." He barks, only able to hope that whatever fear he's managed to earn will be enough to make them back down.

And that's as far as Kale gets, 'fore he's suddenly hit in the back and yanked off his feet, through the air by Jacob's spell, having just time enough to overcome initial shock and start to panic before an energy blast strikes him dead on and knocks him cold.

Reinholdt
2012-07-19, 03:06 PM
[Traveling]

Rein's more interested in Wenomir's room himself, curious how a demon hunter lives.

Morty
2012-07-19, 03:21 PM
[Wenomir & KR's Room]

Well... I can only give half of the description, as it were, since the other inhabitant of the room is played by Kris. >.> So I suppose there are some marks KR left on the place that I won't mention.
Anyway, the room is rather spartan. Wenomir's approach to furniture is strictly utilitarian. The only things he has added to the baseline design are a wooden rack for his mail, which is hanging there at the moment, and a pair of hooks on the wall for his sword, which is also currently there. He sits down on the bed and motions Tobias to the chair standing by the desk.
I'm afraid this place is rather simple.

FireFox
2012-07-19, 05:17 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

And why does that make you afraid? Toby asks rhetorically as he sits on the chair. Right, the three-pronged approach. The simplest way to put pressure on somebody is personally. Threaten what they care about. Obviously, this is prone to backfiring when used on more formidable individuals, but simple intimidation may be effective against some leaders in the church. The second way is socially. If we can get the oppressed majority of the citizenry on our side and clamoring for Tony's release, the upper class will cave in for fear of boycotts and open rebellion. The Druid leans back in the chair and waits for someone to ask what the third prong is.

Reinholdt
2012-07-19, 05:50 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

Reinholdt frowns. Spartan room. How... atypical. Reinholdt was hoping that Wenomir was secretly a lavish and posh demonhunter full of class.

"And the fifth option is?"

Morty
2012-07-19, 05:54 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

I admit I like the idea of turning the oppressed masses against their "masters", but what's the third option? Wenomir asks.

FireFox
2012-07-19, 06:03 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

Why, how else are we to get a theocracy to do what we want? Toby gestures theatrically towards the heavens. We get their deity to tell them do it. He steeples his fingers and leans in conspiratorially, a brilliant gleam in his eye. Gentlemen, I propose that we make the God of Order... change.

Reinholdt
2012-07-19, 06:12 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

"Mmmm... I dunno, I think that still leaves it open for the corrupt in power to shift their tactics and remain corrupt in power. I like the masses idea." Rally the people!

Murkus
2012-07-19, 10:02 PM
Boris grins in response to that. "Yeah, I suppose you're right. Depending on what you think I'm implying, of course." He seems to be enjoying his being obtuse.

"Oh, you know ye dolt," Cornelia says, smirking at him in turn. She puts a hand over his, smirk softening into a sort of half-smile.

Training Grounds
[B]"I'm sorry! I thought that um...from your speed that you'd be able to handle it...sorry..."
"And that was um...me.":smallredface:

Adir gains his feet, blinking at her vainly. He's not upset though - the very opposite, in fact. "Dayum. I got my work cut out for me here." The stag holds up a finger for the both of them. "Hold on a couple minutes."

He hurries back inside, and returns looking... quite different. He's ressed in an elaborate suit of powered armor (http://sttheo.deviantart.com/art/Helldiver-Markov-167838365), for one thing. His voice comes over the exterior verbal communicator, crackling and electrical.

He approaches the Saiyans, crossing his steel arms. "Arright. You shouldn't have to worry now. Show me that, uh, speed again. Could one of you... maybe... cross to the courtyard over there?" He points toward the orchard, a couple hundred feet away.

Mindfreak
2012-07-19, 10:14 PM
Training Grounds
Only Kirlia is a Saiyan. Her friend is a MS Girl.
"Um...okay...":smallredface:
She moves faster than the naked eye again.
And ends up in the orchard in faster than a couple seconds.
"You mean over here?"

Murkus
2012-07-19, 10:40 PM
Training Ground

MS girl? You'll have to elaborate.

"Nice," Adir compliments from a distance, voice amplified by the suit. "Get back over here. I wanna see how strong you are." If she does, he'll take a ready stance and spread his legs a little. "C'mon. Hit me."

Devixer
2012-07-19, 10:45 PM
[Boris's Room]

The grin on Boris's face softens as well as he speaks. "Yeah, I suppose I do know." Then he leans in a little and tries to kiss Cornelia.

Mindfreak
2012-07-20, 06:46 AM
Training Ground

MS girl? You'll have to elaborate.

"Nice," Adir compliments from a distance, voice amplified by the suit. "Get back over here. I wanna see how strong you are." If she does, he'll take a ready stance and spread his legs a little. "C'mon. Hit me."
Training Ground
I cannot, but Beans can.
She comes back!
"Wait...you want me to hit you as hard as I can?"

Morty
2012-07-20, 07:34 AM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

That's a bold plan, even for you, Wenomir says and then adds, with doubt in his voice. Besides, priests are good at twisting the message of their deity to their needs. Who's to say getting their god to intervene will accomplish anything? Assuming we can get him to do anything, of course.

orb_of_blood
2012-07-20, 12:34 PM
[Outside WATCHTOWER - Attack!]

In the time taken for various WATCH members to decide what to do, ask and receive permission to do it, load weapons, take aim and fire, the flame wall dissipates.

Good. The first few obstacles had been passed. Not to say they'd been passed without casualties... but really, the gnolls still alive are just glad there isn't a giant wall of flame blocking their way and threatening to roast them.

Which means two things. First, the gnoll archers can fire back at those on the walls. Namely, the six are aiming at Boris, Yazon and Adir. These gnolls, for the most part, have pretty good aim. Brawn over brains, they spent more of their time handling these weapons than doing... pretty much anything else.

Not that they themselves aren't targets too. Having never seen a gun before, they're easily susceptible to those weapons, and one archer is felled by Boris, and another takes Adir's bullet to the leg. Luckily for the creature, the wound is painful, but not fatal. He shifts his weight and fires his arrow rather clumsily at Adir, before limping to take cover behind a fallen brother.

The non-archers, however, take the time to start climbing. With long, wickedly sharp claws, they hopefully are able to pull themselves up the wall and towards the people far above.

------

Flying Towards WATCHTOWER

Between focusing only on killing Kale for the trap that would mean the deaths of their brothers, and idiotically believing themselves out of range of the WATCH members, the three gnolls, and the only ones so far who have realized they're being pointlessly slaughtered, are sucked into Jacob's spell as well, dragged away from their pack, and stunned.

Though that's hardly surprising. There's no shortage of gnolls in that small area in front of the tower. An area effect spell of any kind would undoubtedly hit at least a few of them.

FireFox
2012-07-20, 04:24 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

My plan is to do all three of them at once. Hence "three-pronged offensive". The social pressure makes them want to change, the divine influence gives them an excuse to change, and we squeeze them personally to make sure they change how we want them to.

Reinholdt
2012-07-20, 05:15 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

Reinholdt peers at Wenomir. If he thinks this is atypical for Tobias, then he doesn't know Tobias very well.

He stays quiet though. As far as he's concerned, it's Tobias' world, so it's up to the smexy fox how exactly he wants to do this thing.

Morty
2012-07-20, 05:22 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

Wenomir shrugs. It's your homeworld. You know best what works there and what doesn't. So I'll follow your plan.

[Outside WATCHTOWER - Attack!]

Any gnolls that reach the top of the wall near where Wenomir is standing will be subject to extremely fast slashes of a razor-sharp longsword, aimed at their necks and eyes, as the warrior tries to keep them off. He leaves dealing with their leader to the others.

FireFox
2012-07-20, 05:34 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

Satisfied with his brilliant plan, Toby leans back in the chair. Well, that's my idea, at any rate. I'm open to other suggestions, if you have any. If not, then we should probably figure out who's going to work on what. Given my... history, I don't think I should be the one confronting the god Nomos, though.

Reinholdt
2012-07-20, 05:37 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

Reinholdt peeeeeers at Wenomir, thinking he's now just reading Rein's thoughts to come up with answers with his spooky demon hunting magic.

"Practically a lightning rod for gods anyways, so I'll do it."

Morty
2012-07-20, 05:45 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

I'm not good with gods. I think the best role for me would be to intimidate the priests to do what we want. Not sure how good a job I'd do rallying the populace. I'm not much of a speaker, Wenomir says.

FireFox
2012-07-20, 06:03 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

The Druid nods. Excellent. Then I shall contact my assets in the city and get in touch with Tony himself in preparation for stirring the proletariat into social unrest. After that's done, I'll take you to where you need to go.

Reinholdt
2012-07-20, 07:22 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

Reinholdt can't think of any further questions at this time.

Halae
2012-07-21, 01:54 AM
[Watchtower Walls - Attack]

Harnel, Like wenomir, is doing his bgest to make sure that gnolls coming towards the top of the wall die before they reach that point, and so he draws the three swords he brought with him, wiedling the final one with his chainmail clad tail

Periodically, he'll stick his head over the side of the wall and breathe fire in a cone down towards the gnolls below. The fire is choking, and sears the very air, so any gnolls that actually survive the blast of fire, unlikely as that may be, will find themselves dealing with a lack of breath and potentially burned out lungs if they didn't have the forethought to close their mouths. Yay for them.

Unfortunately for keeping them off the wall, Harnel's bursts of dragonfire are far between, as he takes about a half-minute to build up the flame within himself once more. He's tried breathing fire more quickly in the past, and it made him fall unconscious. That isn't to say that he's defenseless, or that the gnolls are safe around him. He hits with a shocking amount of power behind his swords, Conflict and two adamantine blades modelled after Conflict. Niether one has much trouble cleaving through steel, much less flesh and bone, especially with the sort of power Harnel can put behind them.

This isn't to say that some gnolls wouldn't be able to get close and attack him. He can't look in every direction at once, after all. But unfortunately for them, Harnel is decked out head to toe in adamantine plate armor, which will very likely deflect all but the mightiest blows, which is likely beyond what simple gnolls can handle. If they manage to get through that? He still has scales covering his body that can deflect blows like armor all on their own. So the only visible weak point on his body is his wings, which themselves aren't very dangerous or vital to the half-dragon's life. As a matter of fact, hurting those would likely just piss him off.

So, the area where the half-dragon is standing, which at this point will be a little ways away from the other watchmen, is going to be an absolute deathtrap for whatever gnolls want to come and break up his murderous tea party.

Zefir
2012-07-21, 04:36 AM
[Watchtower Wall - Attack]

Mia won't just stand by and watch the others do their work. She tips with her staff on MDM and his arms change into two big gatling Guns. The upcoming sound of the moving parts of the weapon can be heared as MDM makes a step to the edge of The wall.

Even thought Harnel's fire hits there should still be enougth to aim at. MDM will start to fire down a rain of metal bullets, aiming at the nearest gnoll groupe. The aiming isn't very accurate since the weaons is known for mass than class, but since the Gnolls have less way to escape they get many problems with the bullet rain.

Morty
2012-07-21, 05:47 AM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

I guess that's it for now, Wenomir says. Now we just need to get there and get out crazy plan in motion.

Gullara
2012-07-21, 10:29 AM
[Watchtower Walls - Attack]

As the gnolls climb, Yazon takes the opportunity to fire a few more times with his crossbow. The powerful weapon should take more effort to reload, but the dwarf just powers the string back with practiced ease.

When the first gnoll near Yazon comes over the wall, it may find a thrown tomahawk lodged in its face. The next will be met by the dwarf and his bearded axe.

FireFox
2012-07-21, 11:00 AM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

While we are here and have your ear, I believe Reinholdt had some information for you... Toby looks over at the cat.

Reinholdt
2012-07-21, 11:23 AM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

"Oh no. You said YOU'D bring it up. That was a week ago me and I don't want to screw with the timeline."

Future knowledge is dangerous!

FireFox
2012-07-21, 12:11 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

You're the one who knows what's going on! The Druid rolls his eyes and turns to Wenomir. Okay, so apparently there's a new apocalypse going down.

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-21, 12:17 PM
[Walls - Attack!]

Since other people are dealing with the Gnolls climbing up the walls, KR turns her attention to the remaining archers. No fancy stun beams this time. Just good old fashioned bullets to the face. Or snout. Or whatever.

Devixer
2012-07-21, 12:20 PM
[Walls - Attack!]

Boris doesn't pay much attention to the gnolls climbing the walls, as his focus is on the archers. He'll continue to fire at each of their heads using his sniper rifle.

Morty
2012-07-21, 05:11 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

Wenomir raises his eyebrow.
Another apocalypse, you say. What sort? And what's your source on this?

Reinholdt
2012-07-21, 11:04 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

"Super powerful entity. Prophecy based. Have all the info on a crystal I buried. Theoretically, even if the prophecy is/was wrong, the entity itself would still cause extensive damage. People are/were gathering at the HALO air base to discuss it in further detail."

FireFox
2012-07-22, 10:59 AM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

Now it's Toby's turn to sit quietly and listen.

Morty
2012-07-22, 11:12 AM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

Wenomir rubs his forehead.
And none of those people deemed it prudent to inform us? Oh well. We know now. We'll look into it. Anything else you can tell me about it?

Reinholdt
2012-07-22, 11:52 AM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

"That's all I can safely say." Reinholdt says. He's told Wenomir where to go to investigate and such.
"There's a chance I showed up too early and they were actually on their way to tell you. Sorry." That would be awkward.

FireFox
2012-07-22, 12:36 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

The Druid continues to listen.

[Outside the Gate]

At a time when the attack isn't happening, HALO's helicopter flies up and lands in the same spot it did last time it was here.

Morty
2012-07-22, 12:39 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

Wenomir frowns. That... sounds like time travel. Which means I don't want to know the details. Whether they show up there eventually or not, we'll look into it. I'll tell the rest.

Reinholdt
2012-07-22, 01:08 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

"Prophecies of the future are always tricky." Reinholdt says.

"So, what exactly are we going to ask the priests, the populace, and the deity to do?" Reinholdt says, looking at Tobias, for a concrete refresher.

Shadowcaller
2012-07-22, 03:24 PM
[Outside the Gate]

As the helicopter descends Cessie emerges from the Watch building, she had been waiting for it. Now she is sure it's the future Tobias considering she recognizes the helicopter.

She goes up to greet it once she can see the commander getting out.

FireFox
2012-07-22, 04:14 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

You'll ask the clergy to release Tony and stop treating the laity like dirt. The god needs to get his priests to be more fair and just and generally not corrupt jerks. Toby shrugs. And I'll get my thumb on the people's pulse and make sure they're putting their own pressure on their leaders.

[Outside the Gate]

It's almost exactly as it happened last time. The same female pilot, the same male sniper sitting in the door, the same fox-eyed commander stepping out and walking towards Cessie. But there's a new person, a redheaded young man with white wings, who also steps out of the helicopter and approaches.

Morty
2012-07-22, 05:28 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

We'll make more detailed plans once we're there and have a feel of the situation, I guess, Wenomir says. I just hope we won't have to cut our way out of that place.

Reinholdt
2012-07-22, 06:39 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

Reinholdt finds those plans a little vague when dealing with a god of Order. Oh well. He'll improvise like he always does.

"Well if you're threatening the priests, probably." Reinholdt says. Escaping is probably an issue Wenomir would have to deal with.

"How do we get there this time?"

Shadowcaller
2012-07-22, 07:02 PM
((My limited experience with HALO made me believe he was another persons character so I was kinda waiting for someone else to post. <.<))

[Outside the Gate]

As the two steps out of the helicopter the sorceress slowly approach them and bows respectfully once they are a fair distance from it. "Greetings and welcome to Watchtower, I'm Cessie Mithar, the councilor of Watch. Who do I have the pleasure of being introduced to commander?" She asks with a glance at the winged man, he did look kind of familiar to Tobias actually.

FireFox
2012-07-22, 08:53 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

Toby has great faith in their abilities. He doesn't want to insult them by micromanaging this whole plot. :smalltongue:
I can take you to the park in the city and show you where you need to go, Wenomir... And Rein, I'll see about arranging for someone to take you to a divine plane where you can meet Nomos.

[Outside the Gate]

((That's fine. I would have liked to get another player involved, but there were no volunteers so I had to use my own character. At least he's a good match for Watch.))

Cessie's eyes are correct: the angel has golden eyes and impressive musculature, but there is a definite resemblance to Tobias. Cessie, meet my son: Matthew Vulpan, Champion of Civiron the Goddess of Hope.

The pleasure is all mine, Councilor Mithar. He bows deeply.

Morty
2012-07-23, 07:56 AM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

That's all settled then, I think, Wenomir says. When do we begin?

Shadowcaller
2012-07-23, 08:34 AM
[Outside the Gate]

"Nice to meet you Matthew." The sorceress says with an small smile and a nod, giving him an brief apprising look before looking back at Tobias. "I'm honored you put such trust in us, do you want me to show you to the room I prepared?"

Reinholdt
2012-07-23, 09:12 AM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

I'm sure he'll find other ways to insult them instead. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt adds nothing this time.

FireFox
2012-07-23, 12:04 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

It'll take me at least a day to make all the necessary arrangements. Toby lacks the ability to telepathically contact his sleeper agents in another dimension, so he has to do it face to face.

[Outside the Gate]

Matt heads back to the aircraft to retrieve the two large bags that are his luggage. Tobias shrugs. I'm sure that everything is satisfactory. I have instructed him to answer any questions you may have, particularly about his and HALO's capabilities. However, as my son, he naturally knows a few of my personal secrets he won't be able to tell you. Do you need anything else from me?

Morty
2012-07-23, 12:47 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

I see. So where should we meet up tomorrow? Wenomir asks. He won't admit it, but he thinks other Watchmen might not appreciate his bringing Tobias and Reinholdt to the base.

Reinholdt
2012-07-23, 12:55 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

At least Reinholdt doesn't abuse his visitor power to plot against Watchtower.

But he still has nothing to add either! Just being a cat. And staring. And blinking.

happyturtle
2012-07-23, 01:04 PM
Dodging other plots for now...

Darcy arrives and goes to find KR and Wenomir. She needs to tell them how things went with Ilpholin.

Shadowcaller
2012-07-23, 06:21 PM
[Outside the Gate]

"Of course. But I don't think I need anything from you at the moment. If I do, I will contact you through the transmitter. So unless there is anything special you like to tell me first, i can show Matthew to his room now." Cessie replies.

Morty
2012-07-24, 09:50 AM
[Libary]

Darcy can find Wenomir there, reading Julius Caesar's diaries from the Gaulish War.

[Training Grounds]

In another timeline, Wenomir is also there, sharpening his sword.

Asha'man
2012-07-24, 10:08 AM
[Training Grounds]

At the timeline where Wenomir is, presumably only a couple of hours since Serph failed his test, the trio head over to him.

"Hello, I'm told by KR that some members offer training to non-members Wenomir."
Serph gives a polite bow to Wenomir. Wenomir led Serph and Element to inside the place, that's why Serph knows his name. Just saying in case that was forgotten.

"He flunked the test so we couldn't become initiates. So we thought we might as well try and get something out of our visit to WATCHTOWER."
Element gives a polite bow himself though it looks more like a nod of the head.

"Are you a swordsman?"
Rotblau asks.

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-24, 10:19 AM
[Library]

For convenience's sake, KR will be here as well, looking for that book on quantum space tunneling she's certain she saw yesterday, but can't seem to locate today. :smallannoyed:

Morty
2012-07-24, 10:26 AM
[Training Grounds]

So that's what those explosions were...
I am a swordsman, yes, Wenomir says with a nod. And we do offer training to non-members. If you want, there's no reason I can't teach you a thing or two.

Asha'man
2012-07-24, 10:41 AM
[Training Grounds]

"Can you start with me?" Serph asks. "I know how to swing a blade and i can even create a gust of wind that can cut through metal but I don't really know any techniques."

Serph gets unstable easily but if he is using a sword he doesn't go volcano on his foes.

Morty
2012-07-24, 11:07 AM
[Training Grounds]

I see. First I need to see what you already know. Do you want to spar with me or with one of the simulations here, Wenomir asks as he examines the sword he was just sharpening - a long, narrow blade with a bluish tint to it and with runes carved along its lenght.

Asha'man
2012-07-24, 11:14 AM
[Training Grounds]

"I told you, all I know is to stick them with the pointy end.....or something like that, I don't know any techniques but if you really want to see I'll fight the simulation."
How does the simulation work? Will I be thrown in a virtual world or is it robots again?

Morty
2012-07-24, 11:23 AM
[Training Grounds]

Wenomir shrugs.
I suppose it's enough if I know your proficiency is really basic. Now, what about physical condition? How fast, strong and durable you are?

Asha'man
2012-07-24, 11:58 AM
Training Grounds

"That depends, the more i lose my mind the stronger I get. Though I do have knowledge of how powerful I am normally. My speed is 20mps, My strength is......well put it this way, if I punch it has the power of a 1 ton. As for durability physical attacks can't harm me."He is a class A demon.

Its ok when he is fighting your average foe but if its equal to him in respects to power or gives him a bit of a hard time well....... you heard what happened to those robots he fought awhile ago. He'd end up burning up even his allies. Kind of why we want him to get some techniques, can't really rely on brute force all the time.

Morty
2012-07-24, 12:26 PM
[Training Grounds]

In other words, you want to learn some actual fighting skill so you don't have to rely on brute force and cause massive collateral damage in the process, Wenomir says. I guess that makes sense. And it means I'll need you to hold back during the training.

Asha'man
2012-07-24, 12:32 PM
Training Grounds

"I could not do this for you earlier Serph but now since we can be together I suppose I can now."

Element Shape Shifts into slime-like liquid. He then proceeds to wrap all over Serph and then sink in his skin. This takes about five minutes to happen.

This should limit you to human now.

"Alright, now I can't go berserk or anything like that."

Morty
2012-07-24, 12:49 PM
[Training Grounds]

Hmmm. Good. Now, the style I will teach you uses the longsword. Wenomir raises his weapon. It's a versatile weapon that offers good reach and leverage while still being relatively quick. But I won't introduce you into the specifics of the style yet... for now, you'll get the basics. Grab a practice weapon and imitate my movements...
And at this point, a training motage begins. Wenomir will show Serph the basic stances and moves of longsword fencing style.

Asha'man
2012-07-24, 01:04 PM
[Training Grounds]

Serph drops his gear on the ground near Rotblau. He then picks up a practice long sword with his left hand. Serph has the instincts of a fighter so he will most likely be able to get the basic stances. He will copy what is shown.

I wonder what this style is called.

FireFox
2012-07-24, 01:53 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

I see. So where should we meet up tomorrow? Wenomir asks. He won't admit it, but he thinks other Watchmen might not appreciate his bringing Tobias and Reinholdt to the base.

Stop by GLoG. The Druid stands up, itching to get to work.

[Outside the Gate]

"Of course. But I don't think I need anything from you at the moment. If I do, I will contact you through the transmitter. So unless there is anything special you like to tell me first, i can show Matthew to his room now." Cessie replies.

I think that's it, Cessie. He smiles, gives her a small bow, and walks back to the helicopter to leave. Matt will follow Cessie into the base, carrying his two bags.

Reinholdt
2012-07-24, 02:02 PM
[Wenomir and KR's room]

Oh. Looks like it's time to go.

"Bye." Reinholdt tells Wenomir.

Morty
2012-07-24, 02:03 PM
[Wenomir and KR's Room]

Will do, Wenomir says with a nod. See you there.

[Training Grounds]

The practice session will last for about two hours and will cover the most basic elements of longsword fencing. When they're finished, Wenomir wipes the sweat off his brow.
Not bad. You're learning pretty quickly. It shouldn't take you long to achieve some basic skill with that weapon. It depends on how good you want to get and how much time you're willing to devote to it.

happyturtle
2012-07-24, 03:16 PM
Library

Darcy sits down next to Wenomir and KR, wondering why the two are reading of all things. :smallconfused:

"So... I spoke to Ilpholin. She agreed to be turned back, but she needs time to prepare."

Morty
2012-07-24, 03:23 PM
[Library]

Wenomir looks up from his book, surprised.
She did? Well, that's great. It solves more than one problem. Why does she need time to prepare, though? He's not entirely clear on what the process of turning this kind of demon back to normal entails.

happyturtle
2012-07-24, 03:40 PM
Library

"She'll be weakened for about a week's time. She has a lot of enemies now, so the process will need to be done secretly," Darcy says. "I'll need to be with her, and possibly to stand in for her."

Murkus
2012-07-25, 02:03 AM
The grin on Boris's face softens as well as he speaks. "Yeah, I suppose I do know." Then he leans in a little and tries to kiss Cornelia.

Cornelia reciprocates, and smooching occurs in a most affectionate manner. It's been a while, after all, and Cornelia gets lonely easy, so her enthusiasm is evident.

Training Ground
I cannot, but Beans can.
She comes back!
[B]"Wait...you want me to hit you as hard as I can?"

"This suit was designed to fall from orbit through concentrated AA fire," the stag says confidently. One can almost hear his grin. "If it can survive that, it can survive you. C'mon, put up ya dukes." Adir does just that, anyway.

[Walls - Attack!]

Adir's burst-fire battle rifle should make quick work if the gnolls below. His plasma casters remain inactive, for now.

The climbers go unnoticed, and given that the stag has no melee weapon to speak of, he might be the most opportune target. Still, that armor looks tough to crack - it's doubtful gnolls could get through it.

Devixer
2012-07-25, 02:17 AM
[Boris's Room]

Before long, Boris pulls back, a little to his own chagrin. "I love you, Cornelia," he says, running his fingers through her unbraided hair.

Mindfreak
2012-07-25, 04:05 AM
Training Grounds
Designed and actually works are two different things :smalltongue:

Anyways, Kirlia nods and...disappears from the human eye again.
Moving so fast she immediately begins to throw kicks at Adir, ones with enough force to send an 18-wheeler flying. He did say to give her full strength...
She also will continuously move to meet Adir if he is flying and kick him over there.
Please note that if she notices that she's going to hurt Adir, she'll tone it down.

ThirdEmperor
2012-07-25, 04:28 AM
Slaughter!

Now wrapped in restraints, Kale finishes the majestic arc along which Jacob's spell has pulled him and slams into the courtyard, surrounded by the planeswalker's summoned minions. He doesn't do much else though, still being unconscious.

Asha'man
2012-07-25, 06:23 AM
Training Grounds

"Thanks, I'll have to look more into this long sword fencing in the future as I don't think I'll be allowed back here."
The trio take their leave after taking their stuff that was on the ground.

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-25, 09:48 AM
[Library]

Hey! KR's not reading! She's in the process of finding a book to read! :smallmad:
And she's doing that so that she can eventually reshape reality to her very whim but I suppose Darcy doesn't care about it since it involves words with more than three syllables.
"Well that's good then." Says KR.
She can call off the attack dogs! :D

Disclaimer: KR did not actually send attack dogs.

happyturtle
2012-07-25, 09:57 AM
Library

"I just wish I were sure she would do it," Darcy says. :smallfrown:

Morty
2012-07-25, 10:11 AM
[Library]

Wenomir puts away his book and rubs his chin in thought.
We'll have to make do with her promise, I guess. We can't really make Ilpholin do anything, even if we wanted to.

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-25, 11:08 AM
[Library]

"Well I wouldn't go that far." >.>
KR's reasonably sure that if it came down to it, they actually could.
"But I agree with the sentiment."

happyturtle
2012-07-25, 11:14 AM
Library

"I love her, you know," Darcy says.

Morty
2012-07-25, 11:23 AM
[Library]

Now that she's in charge of AMEN, I'm not sure we c- and then the l-word gets dropped. And it doesn't sound like the "best friends" kind of love. Wenomir blinks. I... understand. He's not sure what else to say.

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-25, 12:58 PM
[Library]

Well, now there's a sentence that KR can have absolutely no response to.
And so she makes absolutely no response to it. Why waste an opportunity to be UTTERLY SPEECHLESS.

Shadowcaller
2012-07-25, 01:17 PM
[Outside the Gate==>Towards the Barracks]

The sorceress waves farewell to Tobias and then proceeds to lead Matt into the building. "Best we settle you in before introducing you to the other members of Watch. I'm sure they're pretty curious about HALO, we don't get much of a chance to met up with your organization." Better not tell him about Twister: HALO edition which Watch happens to have.

Perhaps they will bump into one of the other Watchmen on their way.

FireFox
2012-07-25, 02:35 PM
Toby leaves Wenomir and KR's room and heads out, unless he's stopped.

[Towards the Barracks]

Matt silently follows Cessie, wondering about the other members. He was told that the sorceress' politeness and tact was atypical, but surely not everyone here was a gruff, ruthless killer.
... This probably isn't the best time for me to undeadtime Spyridon. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2012-07-25, 02:59 PM
Library

"She knows nothing can happen unless she changes back. I just.... I wish I were sure that I mean more to her than her power." Darcy says.

Morty
2012-07-25, 03:25 PM
[Library]

Wenomir is silent for a while. He knows platitudes would be empty now. He has no idea if Ilpholin cares about Darcy that way. They've always been good friends but... well. He can't claim to be able to fully understand Ilpholin either. He likes her, despite that love triangle nonsense a while back, but she's a complicated personality.
I'm sorry. I don't know what to tell you. All I can do is say that I really hope you do mean more than power to her.

orb_of_blood
2012-07-25, 04:25 PM
[Attack!]

Walls:

Well... the ranks of gnoll climbers are decimated mainly by:
- Bursts of flame
- Crossbow bolts
- Rain of Mia's bullets

Those that aren't killed by the above, or merely wounded and can't support their weight on the wall and fall to their deaths, make it to the top. They are all swarming at one particular point, rather than spreading out and attacking individuals. That is what their master had told them to do, isn't it?

Very wisely, they'd given the adamantine -clad dragon the widest berth they could, once a few of the leading gnolls had fallen off the wall as mini-bonfires.

So, the area that they're focusing on, is the patch of wall next to Mia. Not any particular reason the higher climbing gnolls chose her, except that she was nearly directly above them, and she isn't near Harnel.

As such, people may wanna re-think their whole 'fire rapidly', 'throw tomahawk' strategies as their friend might also possibly be hit.

At this point their numbers are dwindling. It's hard to count them as they're all moving around, but maybe around twenty or twenty-five still remain? Easy enough as they're weapons are primitive. Most carry longswords, unsheathed the moment they're on the wall at last, though every single one has a whip strapped to their belts.

Still, to climb up at just one point means only a few can appear at one time. The first two make it over the edge and attack Mia with little hesitation. One draws a sword, giving a few seconds where he's entirely vulnerable. The other just attacks her, armed only with his teeth and claws and protected only by scraps of boiled leather armor. Slash! Slash! Aiming for her stomach.

-------

Archers:

The archers are simultaneously being slaughtered by:
- Bullets
- More bullets
- And if two guns aren't enough against five bow-wielding gnolls, than more bullets as well.

...Considering that one can fire a gun faster than a bow and arrow (as in much, much faster), and that there are three guns, one on rapid fire, all being used by people with good aim... yeah, there are five hole-riddled hides where the archers had previously stood. Poor things couldn't even dodge effectively what with the bulky weapons in their hands.

However, I'd like to remind you all since you seem to have not noticed: There are two arrows heading towards Boris, one at Yazon, and three (though one rather clumsily aimed) at Adir which apparently have been on course since last post and have not seemed to hit or miss yet.

Murkus
2012-07-25, 10:11 PM
Training Grounds
Designed and actually works are two different things :smalltongue:

Anyways, Kirlia nods and...disappears from the human eye again.
Moving so fast she immediately begins to throw kicks at Adir, ones with enough force to send an 18-wheeler flying. He did say to give her full strength...
She also will continuously move to meet Adir if he is flying and kick him over there.
Please note that if she notices that she's going to hurt Adir, she'll tone it down.

Adir can track her - he is a fair bit better than human - but the stag is hard-pressed to keep up. In any case, he's struck square in the chest by the first kick and sent soaring across the grounds. Quite far outside the boundaries of the sand ring, I might add.

Though now fifty or so feet away, he seems to be mostly unharmed. There's a fresh ding in his suit, of course - it's far from indestructible. The stag just lays there a moment, stunned, before gaining his feet slowly. "Okay, that is totally not fair," He shouts at her. Good-natured as ever, apparently. The stag makes his way back over and glances toward Niza. "How bout' your friend? Is she this strong?"

[Boris's Room]

Before long, Boris pulls back, a little to his own chagrin. "I love you, Cornelia," he says, running his fingers through her unbraided hair.

The gunslinger takes a deep breath when Boris recedes, only opening her eyes partway. Her hair is still rather silky - straight and fine. A small smile splits her healed lips. There's not a trace of dryness in them - in fact, more importantly, Boris may notice a lack of calluses on Cornelia's hands as well. The dead tissue is all gone. This will likely cause some aches in the forge for a while.

"Oh, ye know what m'gonna say. What I'll always say, t'that." She places her newly softened hands on his cheeks, grinning.

[Walls - Attack!]

My apologies, I foolishly skipped over that part of the post. Unfortunately, the arrows merely bounced off Adir's armor - he can't really be harmed by mundane weaponry in the suit.

The stag, seeing the archers put down, aims his gun toward the crowd of gnolls a couple hundred feet away. No firing yet. The hyena-men attacking Mia - or getting ready to do so - go unnoticed by him until next post.

Devixer
2012-07-25, 10:27 PM
[Walls - Attack!]

One of the two arrows heading for Boris is the unluckiest arrow, in that it bounces off of Boris's rifle to the ground he's standing on. The other, however, sails straight into his arm, and he's too focused on the archers to dodge it. He curses as soon as it hits him, and looks at the wound. "Archers down. Arm hit by arrow, moving to cover." Boris does just that, sitting against the wall, grabbing some gauze from a satchel on his uniform.

[Boris's Room]

Boris has a mirthful look on his face as Cornelia raises her hands to his cheeks. "Of course I know. Doesn't mean I don't like to hear you say it," he mutters.

Murkus
2012-07-25, 11:52 PM
[Boris's Room]

"Aw, course I love ya," Cornelia says, talking in something of a baby voice. She's probably serious enough satisfy him, anyway. The gunsmith kisses Boris again, probably raking a hand through his hair while she does.

Halae
2012-07-26, 02:31 AM
[Walls - Attack]

Once it becomes obvious that Harnel is being avoided, he'll take wing, easily strong enough to carry his own weight and that of his armor, and will head for the greatest concentration of gnolls, which is apparently near Mia. He'll drop down onto the ground and proceed to breathe a cone of fire at the wall. He's doing his best not to hit the people on top of the wall, so the gnolls that have made it to the final ten feet of their climb will only get their feet and tails singed, but anything below that is going to have a very hard time.

The gnolls on the ground will have a moment to attack Harnel if they choose to while he breathes fire at the wall, but if they remain within range of his blades for more than a few moments, they'll likely find themselves stabbed, sliced, diced, cut, or slashed in a variety of painful ways. Still, there's the opportunity if any are brave enough.

For the record, he'd be doing this from the air, but he's never mastered the ability to hover in place; he'd need to keep moving, and when you want to focus fire, moving out of range is a bad idea.

Mindfreak
2012-07-26, 06:55 AM
Adir can track her - he is a fair bit better than human - but the stag is hard-pressed to keep up. In any case, he's struck square in the chest by the first kick and sent soaring across the grounds. Quite far outside the boundaries of the sand ring, I might add.

Though now fifty or so feet away, he seems to be mostly unharmed. There's a fresh ding in his suit, of course - it's far from indestructible. The stag just lays there a moment, stunned, before gaining his feet slowly. "Okay, that is totally not fair," He shouts at her. Good-natured as ever, apparently. The stag makes his way back over and glances toward Niza. "How bout' your friend? Is she this strong?"
Training Grounds
Kirlia hovered a foot above the ground. She had been watching Adir fly quite intently.
"I don't think so...but she uses weapons and stuff."
Kirlia doesn't. She just uses her fists. And legs.
And ki.
"And um, I can kinda do more than just hand to hand and flying..."

Devixer
2012-07-26, 10:13 PM
[Boris's Room]

Boris tries to pull Cornelia still closer to himself as they kiss. He can't really think of much else to say, so he just holds her for a time.

Murkus
2012-07-26, 11:42 PM
Training Grounds
Kirlia hovered a foot above the ground. She had been watching Adir fly quite intently.
"I don't think so...but she uses weapons and stuff."
Kirlia doesn't. She just uses her fists. And legs.
And ki.
"And um, I can kinda do more than just hand to hand and flying..."

Adir was expecting Niza to answer, but the MS girl can just pipe up anytime. "Well? Get to it! Show me!" The stag orders, gesturing for her to continue.

[Boris's Room]

Boris tries to pull Cornelia still closer to himself as they kiss. He can't really think of much else to say, so he just holds her for a time.

Now that words have given way to kisses, Cornelia relaxes and reaches a free hand toward the curtain. It'll only last for a short time, unless Boris has more stamina than his partner.

Devixer
2012-07-27, 12:38 AM
[Boris's Room]

The curtain can be pulled easily. Boris doesn't have much more stamina than Cornelia, so it won't be long before he lays in the bed, running a hand along her back.

Murkus
2012-07-27, 01:10 AM
[Boris's Room]

Cornelia pushes herself up, hands on Boris's chest, and let's herself take a few breaths. Hair dangles about her face like silky-white curtains, and a sly smile crosses her now disheveled features. "I guess ye really missed that bit."

Morty
2012-07-27, 02:55 AM
[Training Grounds]

A while after Serph leaves, Wenomir goes into the training tower and emerges wearing his full armour and his sword on his back. It's time to get to some serious workout.

He heads for the obstacle course controls and fiddles with them for a while. The obstacle course shifts and remodels itself according to his specifications. He finalizes it and runs for the entrance, the course ready for him.

First, the course presents him with a large pool of water with sparsely distributed steeping stones. Without breaking his stride, Wenomir runs up to the edge of the pool and fluidly jumps on one of the stepping stones. The other ones immediately change position, moving through the water. The demon-hunter doesn't appear bothered by it and jumps from one stone to another with impeccable timing. As he reaches the other side of the pool, another difficulty appears - large mechanical aligatores jump out from the water, trying to grab him and drag him down. One of them gets close as he’s mid-leap between the last stepping stone and the shore. Wenomir raises his leg, steps down on the construct and uses it to push himself forward, landing neatly on the shore. The aligator splashes into the water. First obstacle, cleared.

Wenomir starts running again immediately after landing on the shore. The obstacle course in front of him shifts, turning into a very narrow path between two deep chasms. The warrior slightly shifts his posture, spreading his arms wider to keep himself balanced. At first, it looks difficult, but not overly so - then the ledge suddenly disappears and another one rises from the chasm to his left... just as the one the warrior is running on starts to disappear behind him. Wenomir swiftly crouches and jumps sideways, performing a sommersault in mid-air, then landing on the left edge and resuming his run. He doesn't get very far however, before he has to do it again. And again. Then the chasm ends and Wenomir is faced with another challenge.

This time, the course takes the shape of a large circle. It is empty, but not for long – blade traps spring from the ground, slashing at Wenomir on various heights. The demonhunter nimbly ducks under a trap seeking to decapitate him, weaves around one trying to slice him in two under his ribs, then dodges other ones and gets into the middle of the circle in an intricate dance. Once in the middle of the stage, he gets no rest, as four traps erupt from the ground around him and spit gouts of flame in his direction. The warrior performs a long-distance leap, landing in a blind spot between two traps. They begin to turn in his direction, but he deactivates one with a swift kick and then the next one with a quick punch from crouching position. Said position allows him to quickly roll out of the way when the two remaining traps fire again. He springs to his feet once the gouts of fire die down and gets to the two other traps, disabling them in a blink of an eye. This isn’t the end of it however, as several arrows fire from behind him when he’s finished. He manages to spot them just im time, and swiftly dodges to his left, evading all but one arrow. The remaining one is knocked away by a swipe of his mailed hand.

When the arrows fail to put him down, the obstacle course rumbles and a miniature fortress erupts at its end. On its top stands a hologram of Calublufiok. The fortress immediately starts to blast the circle Wenomir is standing in with fire and lightning. Wenomir assumes a new posture and starts running, making long steps and hopping to his left and right, thus frequently and rapidly changing his course. The bolts of lightning and balls of fire whizz past him as he zigzags towards the fortress. It has no stairs, so Wenomir must climb, mindful of the blades stabbing out of the walls. One almost runs him through, but he keeps going until he reaches the parapet. When he goes, he grabs it firmly, vaults himself over it, unsheathes his sword while in the air and swings at Calublufiok’s hologram immediately upon landing. The hologram flickers and vanishes and fortress begins to fold into the ground along with the obstacle course. Soon enough, Wenomir is standing there in the open, breathing heavily.

((For some strange reason I felt like writing a stand-alone cutscene. Feel free to react to it or ignore it as you please.))

Mindfreak
2012-07-27, 06:01 AM
Adir was expecting Niza to answer, but the MS girl can just pipe up anytime. "Well? Get to it! Show me!" The stag orders, gesturing for her to continue.
Training Grounds
She nods!
"So um, do you have any targets I can fire at? I don't think your armor will hold up against what I'm going to show you...":smallredface:

happyturtle
2012-07-27, 06:51 AM
Library

"Soooo.... anyway, I'm meeting her in Riverside tonight for a party, and then I'm going to go back to AMEN with her. I think I'll have to, um, pretend to break ties to Watch to keep things from looking bad for her. Communicate with you by telepathy or disguised meetings or whatever." Darcy says.

Zefir
2012-07-27, 08:44 AM
[Walls - Attack]

Well. The gnolls might made a bad decission while not knowing what waits for them here. As the first Gnolls pass over the walls edge the sound of metall hitting metal can be heared.

In the moment they start there attack they may see Mia a step back from the wall, waving them a goodbye with a friendly smile.

Behind her stands the robot who has brought down the bullet storm. his arms now normal again he will swing his right one intending to bash the gnolls away like his arm is a baseball bat and the gnolls are the balls. The robot has calculated this hit to leave no harm on his master, sadly he didn't care for a flying dragon so they might flie in his way when he hits them.

BladeofObliviom
2012-07-27, 12:34 PM
(I'm finally back! Yay!)

[Walls - Attack]

Jacob originally was planning on directly dealing with the unconscious individuals, but then the horde reached the top of the wall. Since the soldiers that Jacob summoned were kind of forgotten about, I should note that a battalion of Archers has been firing into the Gnoll ranks since the beginning of the battle, though they were likely overwhelmed when the Gnolls reached the walls. The pikemen, on the other hand, would be filling the gaps between the watchmen and helping keep the savages at bay.

Jacob himself seems to simply flow through combat almost like an actual fluid, as malevolent strands of silvery metal attempt to embed themselves inside the bodies of the unfortunate souls that he passes by. These strands, if they successfully get inside the body, attempt to thrash around inside the torso, severely damaging the victims' viscera. After a few seconds of this, they escape the body and reattach themselves to Jacob's armor.

Devixer
2012-07-27, 06:37 PM
[Boris's Room]

"That guess certainly wouldn't be wrong," Boris with a similarly sly grin on his face. "I think the same could be said for you."

[Training Grounds]

Hildur had arrived at the grounds just after Wenomir, and was a little transfixed by the scene at the obstacle course. Once it ends, she lets out a low whistle. "Wish I could fight like that," she says. She looks new to fighting in general, given the very civilian appearance of her winter clothing.

Shadowcaller
2012-07-28, 05:54 AM
Toby leaves Wenomir and KR's room and heads out, unless he's stopped.

[Towards the Barracks]

Matt silently follows Cessie, wondering about the other members. He was told that the sorceress' politeness and tact was atypical, but surely not everyone here was a gruff, ruthless killer.
... This probably isn't the best time for me to undeadtime Spyridon. :smalltongue:

[Towards the Barracks]

Showing him into the room (which looks remarkably lot like the other rooms) the sorceress gives him a quick heads up on where everything in watch is. "...and in the back are the communal showers." She states with a gesture at the end of the corridor. "If you're like me and think such things are a bit public, I will gladly lend you my tub. I barely use it anymore anyway." She mostly washed herself in the Mithar keep.

"I can give you some more details on the more secret functions once you're an officially initiated. Which if you want we could do right away, KR and Wenomir are usually the ones dealing with that."

FireFox
2012-07-28, 11:25 AM
[Barracks]

Matthew looks around the room, seemingly pleased with his new living arrangements. He sets down both bags and takes his sword belt out of one. I'd like to do that as soon as possible. Do people regularly walk around armed, or should I leave my sword here?

Morty
2012-07-28, 11:41 AM
[Library]

Wenomir nods.
Alright. We'll work something out. Shapeshifting ought to be enough. It's not like AMENites watch our every move.

[Training Grounds]

Wenomir turns to look at Hildur with a raised eyebrow.
Hello? You're one of the new members, correct?

Devixer
2012-07-28, 12:38 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Yeah, I just joined. Been getting accustomed to the place." Hildur starts to approach Wenomir. "My Name's Maarsukaal. Yours?" Once Wenomir hears her Name, he may also feel a certain power behind it.

Morty
2012-07-28, 03:25 PM
[Training Grounds]

I'm Wenomir. One of the people in charge here. You don't look like much of a fighter, Wenomir comments.

Shadowcaller
2012-07-28, 03:31 PM
[Barracks]

"It's allowed to carry around weapons, yes. I imagine it might get bothersome after a while though, swords are rather heavy aren't they?" She had held one once!

FireFox
2012-07-28, 03:39 PM
[Barracks]

I'm used to it. Matt puts the sword belt on and waits for Cessie to... do whatever needs to be done to finalize this.

Devixer
2012-07-28, 03:43 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Well, that's because I'm not much of a fighter," Hildur says. She shrugs soon after. "But as long as I can shape air and winds, may as well use that for good, right?"

Morty
2012-07-28, 05:04 PM
[Training Grounds]

Air and winds you say. I assume you've already passed your test. Wasn't it KR who supervised it? He seems to remembers she was. And if Maarsukaal passed KR's test, it means she knows what she's doing.

Devixer
2012-07-28, 05:09 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Oh, yes. I have a room and everything now." Hildur struggles to remember who the name of who had supervised her. "Kind of intimidating woman, cross scar on the cheek? Yeah."

Shadowcaller
2012-07-28, 05:13 PM
[Barracks==>Place of Wenomir]

The sorceress will lead Matt to Wenomir, wherever he is at the moment. "Wenomir is a demon hunter, you might have a lot of things in common with him." She explains as they approach the warrior. "Hello Wenomir. This is Matt Vulpan, our new HALO liaison." She introduces him.

Morty
2012-07-28, 05:16 PM
[Training Grounds]

That's her, yes, Wenomir says with a smile. If KR found you adequate, so will I. Now... what made you join Watchtower in the first place?

[Armory]

This plotclone of Wenomir can be found here, examining various gauntlets for some reason. He looks up when the two enter.
Ah, yes. Supposed to help us with the demon invasion. He extends a hand to Matt. Welcome to Watchtower.

FireFox
2012-07-28, 05:18 PM
[Armory]

Matt shakes Wenomir's hand and smiles. I'm looking forward to working with you.

Devixer
2012-07-28, 05:21 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Well, I only recently learned that I was anything more than a normal human. I just figured this would be a better place to put my powers than any of the other organizations." That's only part of the truth, but Hildur doesn't really want to mention the whole "bring glory to my Name via world-saving" thing. It's still too dragon-y for her.

Shadowcaller
2012-07-28, 05:31 PM
[Armory]

"Now I suppose we should have you take the required test. It's just a formality really." She explains to Matt before turning to Wenomir. "Do you like to perform the test Wenomir?"

Morty
2012-07-28, 05:33 PM
[Armory]

I'd rather you tested him actually, Wenomir tells Cessie. As part of your trial for leadership. I'll be overseeing it, though.

[Training Grounds]

I see. What are you, then, if not a normal human? Wenomir asks as he takes his gauntlets off.

FireFox
2012-07-28, 05:36 PM
[Armory]

The angel takes the opportunity to look around the armory while Cessie and Wenomir figure out what they're going to do.

Devixer
2012-07-28, 07:04 PM
[Training Ground]

"It's, uh, a bit of a story, but the short version is that I inherited the Name of a dragon, and that alone turned me into a sort of demi-dragon." Hildur looks at the ground a few times as she tells this.

Murkus
2012-07-28, 10:13 PM
Training Grounds
She nods!
"So um, do you have any targets I can fire at? I don't think your armor will hold up against what I'm going to show you...":smallredface:

"Range is right over there," Adir points toward a line of targets - which includes paper, man-sized, bullet-proof metal sheets, and what appears to be a mock-up tank.

[Boris's Room]

"That guess certainly wouldn't be wrong," Boris with a similarly sly grin on his face. "I think the same could be said for you."

"Mmhm. See? M'not the boss 'round here," Cornelia gives a stretch, throwing her arms up and then curling them behind her head with a groan. Her muscles tense visibly at the sensation. That sly grin doesn't move, though. "Not cuz of that, anyway."

Devixer
2012-07-28, 10:42 PM
[Boris's Room]

"I wouldn't say I'm the boss either, love." Boris pushes himself up and tries to kiss Cornelia. "And certainly not because of that."

Mindfreak
2012-07-28, 10:59 PM
Training Grounds
Kirlia nods. Yes...this would be perfect!
Making her hand look like two guns(like a child would do while playing Cops and Robbers), she utters two words.
"Kirlia pistols!"
And then several orbs of bright, purple light shoot from her fingers!
They split and divide, hitting most of the targets on the range. Obliterating the paper targets and punching small holes through the metal ones before disappearing.
She then puts the tips of her fingers that are acting as the barrel of the guns together, a ball of energy swirling at the tips.
"Kirlia Rocket!"
And then the ball flies off!
And hits the tank.
A few seconds pass before it blows up.
"The cool thing is that that sort of thing can be taught to someone, if given enough training. And no, the names aren't nesscessary." :smallredface:
((All above is attempted!))

Murkus
2012-07-29, 01:30 AM
"I wouldn't say I'm the boss either, love." Boris pushes himself up and tries to kiss Cornelia. "And certainly not because of that."

Cornelia lets him, straightening a bit more and draping her arms around his neck to keep him there. The gunsmith smirks, inches from his face. "Don't remember sayin' ye were the boss o' me, Boris."

Training Grounds
Kirlia nods. Yes...this would be perfect!
Making her hand look like two guns(like a child would do while playing Cops and Robbers), she utters two words.
[B]"Kirlia pistols!"
And then several orbs of bright, purple light shoot from her fingers!
They split and divide, hitting most of the targets on the range. Obliterating the paper targets and punching small holes through the metal ones before disappearing.
She then puts the tips of her fingers that are acting as the barrel of the guns together, a ball of energy swirling at the tips.
"Kirlia Rocket!"
And then the ball flies off!
And hits the tank.
A few seconds pass before it blows up.
"The cool thing is that that sort of thing can be taught to someone, if given enough training. And no, the names aren't nesscessary." :smallredface:
((All above is attempted!))

Adir just stands there a moment, stunned. Not just at the raw power, but at the revelation that this is a skill which can be taught. "Yeah. No names is, uh, good." Still wanting to act like a stern instructor - while also wanting to learn how to do that - the stag continues, "If we can give you a little Watch-training, Kirila, I think you're golden. Now how about your friend?"

Devixer
2012-07-29, 01:39 AM
[Boris's Room]

"Good thing, too," Boris mutters with a grin. "You'd have been wrong if you had, and we just can't have that, now can we?"

Shadowcaller
2012-07-29, 10:48 AM
[Armory]

"Of course." Cessie replies with a nod before turning to Matt. "Would you be willing to wait a bit while I prepare the test? It shouldn't take too long." She just needed an idea.

Morty
2012-07-29, 10:59 AM
[Training Grounds]

Mhm. Wenomir has stopped to think of anything as strange a long time ago. And this gives you power over air?

[Armory]

I'll wait until you're ready, Wenomir says and goes back to looking through gauntlets. Strangely enough, all of them are right ones.

Devixer
2012-07-29, 11:05 AM
[Training Grounds]

"Well, I think I was able to shape before I started to become what I am now, but that probably made my abilities stronger." Hildur glances at the Gossamer glove she's wearing.

Beans
2012-07-29, 11:05 AM

Whoops.

Not as strong as she is, but I'm not exactly wasting away either. Mostly I use my thermal axe and beam carbine, though... oh, and my calves have these sweet rockets. She taps her leg armor, then frowns at the 5 little crescenty things that hang around her rear waist like a weird sort of buttskirt.
I... actually don't know what these skirty things are, though...
Shrugging, Niza pulls her battered carbine (http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101125032507/gundam/images/c/c6/Jesta-assault-carbine.jpg) out.
Ugh, this thing has seen better days.

Mindfreak
2012-07-29, 11:14 AM
Training Grounds
Kirlia gave a little cheer!
She was happy cause she thought that meant she has a place to live now!

FireFox
2012-07-29, 11:17 AM
[Armory]

Of course. Matt watches Cessie leave, then turns to Wenomir. What are you looking for?

Morty
2012-07-29, 11:23 AM
[Training Grounds]

Care to demonstrate? Wenomir asks. KR has already tested her, but it won't hurt to see her powers for himself.

[Armory]

I'm trying to accessorize my armor, the demon-hunter says. So I'm looking for special gauntlets with new functions. Maybe one that'd let me block with it if I can't do it with my sword or enchance my punches. I already have one magitech glove for my left hand though, which is why there're only right ones here.

Devixer
2012-07-29, 11:36 AM
[Training Grounds]

"Alright." Hildur relaxes a little. After a few moments, the Gossamer on her hand grows to cover her arm and both of her shoulders. Wenomir might feel a moderate wind blowing on him, and Hildur is floating a few inches in the air.

"This isn't much, but I can do a lot more."

Gullara
2012-07-29, 09:16 PM
[Attack - Walls]

((Forgot this. My bad.))

First, to address the arrows that were fired at Yazon earlier, in the post before that I'd mentioned that he'd ducked behind cover after firing his own shot. So whether the gnolls had still tried to shoot at him or had fired at a new target, he wouldn't have been hit.

As for the present, Yazon moves quickly along the wall until he's reached where the gnolls are going after Mia. He'll come up behind the first gnoll he sees and try to lodge his axe in it back.

Shadowcaller
2012-07-30, 10:32 AM
[Armory==>Training Grounds]

The sorceress sets out to the training grounds to ponder what sort of course Matt would have to do. This was not exactly her expertise but perhaps she could try to copy one of the tests she had at the academy.

Morty
2012-07-30, 10:49 AM
[Training Grounds]

"Alright." Hildur relaxes a little. After a few moments, the Gossamer on her hand grows to cover her arm and both of her shoulders. Wenomir might feel a moderate wind blowing on him, and Hildur is floating a few inches in the air.

"This isn't much, but I can do a lot more."

Wenomir's long hair flows in the breeze and he nods. I take it you're eager to embark on your first mission, he says. And earn full membership.

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-30, 10:56 AM
[Attack! - Walls]

KR directs her attention to the gnolls climbing up the walls! She doesn't notice the ones attacking Mia for now. Given that she's kinda in an awkward to be shooting at the climbers... I mean, she's not going to be leaning out over the parapet to shoot at them. That would be silly. Instead, she decides to muster what little telekinetic force she can at such a distance against so many foes to attempt to impede their progress up the wall slightly. Or significantly. I mean, I'd wager it's somewhat difficult to climb a wall when all your finger bones are broken.

The Highly Annoying Cat, for his part... hisses at the gnolls. Hiss! Hiiiiiiiiisssssssss!!! :smallfurious:

Devixer
2012-07-30, 12:21 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Well, yeah." Hildur drops to the ground and the wind stops. The Gossamer on her starts to shrink back to a glove. "Is there anything I can do?"

Morty
2012-07-30, 01:20 PM
[Training Grounds]

There's a demon invasion afoot. Should be plenty for the new members to do and plenty of occasions to prove themselves, Wenomir says.

Devixer
2012-07-30, 03:15 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Well, I think I can help with that," Hildur says with a small grin on her face. "Just let me know when I'm needed."

Morty
2012-07-30, 03:46 PM
[Training Grounds]

I will. The demons are encroaching on the Nexus and we'll make our move against them soon, Wenomir says. Cessie is talking to HALO about providing help... reconeissance mostly.

Devixer
2012-07-30, 04:07 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Well, that sounds good to me." Hildur scratches the back of her head. "Anywhere around here I can train, learn how to fight?"

Morty
2012-07-30, 04:16 PM
[Training Grounds]

There's our modular training course. It's what I just finished using. You can have it simulate many situations. Try it out if you want, Wenomir suggests.

The Bushranger
2012-07-30, 05:07 PM
[Attack! - Walls]

"Is assistiance required?"
That voice would be Shawna's, coming from behind KR, even as the cyber-enhanced technopaladin deploys her eyepiece and unclips a BFG from her belt - that looked just like a small belt pouch before it unfolded, expanded, and merged with her hand. :smalleek:

orb_of_blood
2012-07-30, 08:46 PM
[Attack! Slaughter!]
((Spoilered else it'd stretch the page.))

Um, they may not need much more help. All that remains of the not-so-vast, not-very-skilled, somewhat-suicidal army are a few stragglers on the walls, apparently a fair distance from where Shawna and KR standing. If they have a good view of the battle, perhaps they can tell it's almost entirely over.

'Stragglers' is a rather good term to use for describing the remaining gnolls. With their escape route, should they desire to flee, blocked by Harnel's fires, and their kinsmen below them on the wall falling to their deaths (or gaining massive internal injuries instead) due to the desire to avoid being speared by pikemen, the horrible searing sensation that coincides with being set aflame, and the sudden snapping of their (er... fingers?), the only option left for them is to continue fighting and die 'heroically'.

It's not like a gnoll surrenders. Well, not if they're high-ranking gnolls. Likely they're simply too proud, or stubborn, and after all, death isn't so bad. On Laira, it's kinda like a second life. You get bossed around and sent to complete minor tasks by people who were more devout than you during life, and then you lounge around and watch the living toil, or roam around and create your own new life on the endless plain you appeared on.

And now to the combat, broken up into segments. (If you don't have a segment than it's been answered in the above text, and/or the gnolls are too far away to do much about them (KR, Adir, Boris). These are, after all, the creatures without projectile weapons):

------

[Mia and the swarm]

If eight gnolls constitutes a swarm. For they're all that made it over the wall in time to escape the fire and telekinetic energy.

That... is incredibly pathetic. They reeeeally need better tactics. Where the heck is their leader? He's vanished off the battlefield! Hardly inspiring of confidence.

At least, while they were pulling themselves up and onto the wall, their two brethren managed to duck the swing. Or... well, the charging one ducked and flattened himself against the brick floor of the wall. The second received a nasty bruise on the right side of his face, and would have received a lot worse if the gnoll behind him didn't shove him violently forward and away from the wall's edge as he scrabbled up to escape the flying bullets. As it is, he falls back against the wall's edge, dazed and waiting for the world to stop spinning.

The gnoll who'd avoided the swing is the first up and attacking again.

Avoid the robot? Oh, why bother at this point. He'll take the afterlife before the hell of further serving a master responsible for such a massacre. Without any sense of caution, he coils his hind legs and leaps for Mia, claws outstretched, hoping to deal at least some damage with those and his bone-crushing jaws before the inevitable end.

And so there are seven fighting gnolls!

----
[Jacob]

...er, make that six fighting gnolls, actually.

Or... or maybe five.

Enchanted armor with flesh-rending metal bands is not something the gnolls were prepared for. In fact, it's likely they don't even know it exists. Or, at least, don't know it exists until they're writhing on the ground and trying to claw the things out with their final movements.

Th remaining sev- uh, five, seem keen to not be eviscerated for some reason, and those that aren't distracted by battles keep their distance. Which is hard enough to do in such a closed area. Not terribly exciting for Jacob, but hey, the gnolls have no way of fighting that, and they're horribly aware of that fact.

------
[Yazon]

An ear twitches.

All the noises of the battle are nearly overwhelming, but the keen ears of the gnolls can pick out and isolate specific sounds. The guns, the fires, the screams of dieing brothers... the clomp of feet on the hard bricks of the wall.

A blade meets Yazon's axe as the hyenid warrior twists to defend himself. “Grrrrowr!” He snarls. That's either a threat in a different language, or just some meaningless growl. Either way, he's angry. Or frightened. Or both.

Gnolls are not the most stable creatures, what with their awkward hind legs and disproportionate bodies, but they are strong. And this one is putting all the strength he can muster into a hard shove back with his weapon, in an attempt to push Yazon right off the wall!

Gullara
2012-07-30, 09:22 PM
[Attack! - Yazon]

The dwarf grins as the gnoll's weapon meets his. He doesn't give him the opportunity to shove his properly. Yazon tears his bearded axe to the side when the sword hits it, which should cause the sword to get caught in the axe's head and torn to the side as well. The dwarf follows up by trying to sweep his axe back across his foe's neck/head while the gnoll is hopefully unbalanced.

Murkus
2012-07-30, 11:09 PM
"Good thing, too," Boris mutters with a grin. "You'd have been wrong if you had, and we just can't have that, now can we?"

"Now yer gettin' it," Cornelia says, laughing that pretty, girlish laugh of hers. The gunsmith leans in and puts her arms around Boris, resting against him, laying her head on his shoulder. She's always liked him for his strength. His warmth. "Mmm, Boris, I missed you." Her voice is squeaky, excited.

Whoops.

[B]Not as strong as she is, but I'm not exactly wasting away either. Mostly I use my thermal axe and beam carbine, though... oh, and my calves have these sweet rockets. She taps her leg armor, then frowns at the 5 little crescenty things that hang around her rear waist like a weird sort of buttskirt.
[B]I... actually don't know what these skirty things are, though...
Shrugging, Niza pulls her battered carbine (http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101125032507/gundam/images/c/c6/Jesta-assault-carbine.jpg) out.
Ugh, this thing has seen better days.

Training Grounds
Kirlia gave a little cheer!
She was happy cause she thought that meant she has a place to live now!

"I dunno, but they look sweet," Adir says, in regards to the buttskirt. Kinda regal, if you're into tiny-cape-things.

Then a gun! Oh, thank the gods, something Adir can understand. He steps closer to examine the weapon. "Yeah, well, we've got plenty of people who can fix it up for you. Does it still fire?"

Attack!

Adir is startled by the sudden sounds of battle along the walls. Well, if you could call it that - the hyena men simply don't have the strength or numbers to deal with Watchtower. He decides, at this point, it's best to either request surrender or grant them a swift death.

And so the stag whirls, leaving his rifle, and facing the gnolls that are currently besetting Jacob. They look... unsure. Perhaps he can talk some sense into them.

Well, yell some sense.

"ONLY CHANCE! DROP WHAT YOU'RE HOLDING AND GET ON THE GROUND!" He roars, a pair of plasma casters swiveling to target the beastmen. On his left wrist, a vicious looking metal hook-blade folds down, wickedly sharp and gleaming in the sun.

Devixer
2012-07-31, 12:31 AM
[Boris's Room]

"I missed you too, Cornelia." Boris lays back down, keeping his hand between Cornelia's shoulder blades so he pulls her with him. "I'm very glad you're back. Don't care if I've said it before."

Ashen Lilies
2012-07-31, 12:44 AM
[Attack! - Walls]

"Is assistiance required?"
That voice would be Shawna's, coming from behind KR, even as the cyber-enhanced technopaladin deploys her eyepiece and unclips a BFG from her belt - that looked just like a small belt pouch before it unfolded, expanded, and merged with her hand. :smalleek:

[Attack! - Walls]

"Five minutes ago would have been nice, Shawna." Says KR acerbically, lowering her rifle. It looks like the battle is pretty much over. She looks at Shawna's BFG.
"Please don't fire that thing at my wall."

Murkus
2012-07-31, 01:09 AM
[Boris's Room]

They lay back down, then, and Cornelia only seems to grow giddier. "Ye unnerstand, right? I mean, it was my pap. Couldn't just leave him to wander tha' way." A pause. "I... might need t'go agin, if mum finds 'im. Would you wanna... I dunno... come along?" She'd wanted Boris to see her world, but not this way.

Beans
2012-07-31, 01:15 AM
"I dunno, but they look sweet," Adir says, in regards to the buttskirt. Kinda regal, if you're into tiny-cape-things.

Then a gun! Oh, thank the gods, something Adir can understand. He steps closer to examine the weapon. "Yeah, well, we've got plenty of people who can fix it up for you. Does it still fire?"
She strips parts off it until it's more of a large pistol.
Well, it does now... and thanks!
She grins, feeling more confident about her buttskirt.
This here's a modular beam projection gun, which is good for when some of the parts break.

BladeofObliviom
2012-07-31, 01:20 AM
[Attack!]

Jacob was just about ready to charge into the fray once more, but a sudden barked order towards the Gnolls from Adir causes Jacob to hesitate a moment.

A particularly agile and cunning Gnoll might be able to take advantage of this opening, but maybe not. In any case, rather than any further battle magic, Jacob performs a less violent action. The Gnolls that Adir speaks to may well find themselves the victims of a subtle magic dose of Blue mana, designed to worm its way into the mind and make them susceptible to suggestion. In combination with the desperation of the situation and the natural authority and intimidation factor that Adir tends to command, these Gnolls might well find themselves kowtowing to Adir's whim.