PDA

View Full Version : [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 15: New and Improved!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Murkus
2012-07-31, 01:39 AM
Training Ground

"That is so cool," Adir says, even more interested. Gods, these two are full of pleasant surprises. "You gotta show me how to make one of those. Can you, ah, give a little demonstration?" He gestures towards a row of more modest targets, since Kirila sent the special range to oblivion with her little light show.

Devixer
2012-07-31, 02:00 AM
[Boris's Room]

"Of course I understand," Boris says. He probably would've done the same thing if he'd found out of something similar happening to his former squadmates, but that goes unmentioned, especially after Cornelia asks him about coming to her world. "I had hoped for a different context, but I would love to visit your home."

Murkus
2012-07-31, 12:19 PM
[Boris's Room]

"Oh, Boris, thank ye," Cornelia says, trying to lay a series of kisses on the sniper's face. "I won't leave agin. Not witout' you."

Mindfreak
2012-07-31, 12:48 PM
Training Grounds
Kirlia is excited!
"Gosh, I love it when she does this!"
She waits for her friend to begin firing. She loved it so so much.

Beans
2012-07-31, 01:26 PM
[Training Grounds]
Niza takes aim and unleashes a hail of beam shots at the targets, showing pretty good accuracy for such a rapid assault, but leaves one untouched.
Mostly for show, she slaps her gun back into its holster, fires up her leg verniers, and jets forward at the remaining target, yanking her thermal axe from its sling to deal a wide, vicious slash.

Devixer
2012-07-31, 01:34 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Okay, sounds good." Hildur says, then shortly looks a little embarrassed. "How do I use it?"

[Boris's Room]

"Even if you tried, I'd probably just follow you anyway," Boris says, only partially in jest. He tightens his hold on Cornelia just a bit as she kisses him.

Mindfreak
2012-07-31, 01:36 PM
Training Grounds
Kirlia cheers!
"Yeah! You go, girl!":smallbiggrin:

Murkus
2012-07-31, 03:23 PM
[Training Grounds]

The man-sized targets swiftly become a smoking ruin, one lying sundered in the dirt. Adir claps his armored hands above his head, producing a loud clank. "I'm with her. You girls are scary. I think we can definitely let you on in a, uh, probationary basis. Until you make it through your first mission, at least."

[Boris's Room]

Cornelia smiles a mirthful smile at that. She plants her lips on Boris's once more, all warmth and love. "I hope ye will."

Morty
2012-07-31, 03:28 PM
[Training Grounds]

There's a console over there. It's pretty easy. He smiles faintly. If I can figure out how to use it, so can you.

Mindfreak
2012-07-31, 03:48 PM
Training Room
"Eh? A mission? What would we be doing on it?":smallconfused:

Beans
2012-07-31, 07:19 PM
[Training Grounds]

The man-sized targets swiftly become a smoking ruin, one lying sundered in the dirt. Adir claps his armored hands above his head, producing a loud clank. "I'm with her. You girls are scary. I think we can definitely let you on in a, uh, probationary basis. Until you make it through your first mission, at least."
VIOLENCE TOTALLY SOLVES PROBLEMS! WHOO---wait, mission?
Do we have to beat people up or break things that we don't own? I can do that!

Devixer
2012-08-01, 06:08 PM
[Boris's Room]

"You don't have to, it's a certainty," Boris says. He lets his head sink into the pillow, and closes his eyes for a moment or two.

[Training Grounds]

"Okay, I think I can figure a computer out, yeah," Hildur says, reminding herself that just because she's not human anymore doesn't mean she forgot about technology.

Murkus
2012-08-01, 11:41 PM
"You don't have to, it's a certainty," Boris says. He lets his head sink into the pillow, and closes his eyes for a moment or two.

Cornelia adjusts her position and snuggles close, intent on lying there awhile. She won't be able to have a nap with him, unfortunately - Mia wanted her to visit that Deus Mechanicus place. Plus, the gunsmith's been sleeping late as it is. No need to add afternoon naps to her schedule.

After a few minutes, she sighs and says, "I should go, Boris. I gotta, uh, go to Mia's church. See about fixin' my scars n' all."

[B]VIOLENCE TOTALLY SOLVES PROBLEMS! WHOO---wait, mission?
Do we have to beat people up or break things that we don't own? I can do that!

Training Room
"Eh? A mission? What would we be doing on it?":smallconfused:

"Watch's motto right there, girlie," Adir says, pointing at Niza. He shrugs off their questions. "Dunno. I ain't got one to give you yet. Probly something to do with the latest planetary apocalypse."

Devixer
2012-08-02, 12:27 AM
[Boris's Room]

Boris remains silent as they lie together, at least until Cornelia speaks. He doesn't twitch at the mention of the church, for some reason. "And much as I'd like to stay here with you, I should probably see if I am needed before long," he says.

Mindfreak
2012-08-02, 12:30 AM
Training Grounds
"An apocalypse...fun..." =S
She swirls her finger around on the floor in boredom.
"So what do we do till then? I want to do some good for people today"
Kirlia does enjoy helping people!
It's kinda her thing.

Murkus
2012-08-02, 01:04 AM
Boris remains silent as they lie together, at least until Cornelia speaks. He doesn't twitch at the mention of the church, for some reason. "And much as I'd like to stay here with you, I should probably see if I am needed before long," he says.

"Mm. So busy. I 'magine they'll have me poundin' out more guns before too long," Cornelia says. She hopes that's the case, anyway. The gunsmith plants another kiss on Boris, drawing this one out, before crawling off of him carefully. She pulls on her clothes, most prominently a pair of riding jeans and a modest, sunny blouse for color. There are nicer clothes, for a visit to church, but she just isn't in the mood for trying to ride Cobalt in a dress.

Training Grounds
"An apocalypse...fun..." =S
She swirls her finger around on the floor in boredom.
[B]"So what do we do till then? I want to do some good for people today"
Kirlia does enjoy helping people!
It's kinda her thing.

"Why don't you go to Inside and sniff out trouble or something? We're always looking for badguys. Slave-traders, extremist groups, that sort of thing," Adir suggests, grinning.

Morty
2012-08-02, 06:23 AM
[Training Grounds]

"Okay, I think I can figure a computer out, yeah," Hildur says, reminding herself that just because she's not human anymore doesn't mean she forgot about technology.

Wenomir shrugs. I'll be here if you need help, but it should be simple.

[KR & Wenomir's Room or Other Convenient Place]

At some point when the two are in the same place and not *cough* busy with something else, Wenomir will say:
Remember when Cessie asked if she could be promoted? Well, I've been thinking, and maybe it's time to promote some other people too. Adir and Boris would make good candidates for the Sentry rank.
After all, they've been aiding Watchtower's mission for a while now. Not to mention Wenomir's grateful for finding his brother.

Mindfreak
2012-08-02, 07:23 AM
Training Grounds
Kirlia thinks...
And comes up with a better idea.
"Nah, I got a better idea! I'll try to grow Senzu Beans here! Maybe even teach some people how to do, well, this."
She fires the ball of energy from her hand again at one of the remaining targets, obliterating the organic material.
"And this."
She hovers a foot above the ground.
"They run on the same idea."
"Anyways, do you have anywhere I might be able to get planting supplies?"

Beans
2012-08-02, 07:24 AM
"Watch's motto right there, girlie," Adir says, pointing at Niza. He shrugs off their questions. "Dunno. I ain't got one to give you yet. Probly something to do with the latest planetary apocalypse."

I hope it means I get to punch somebody's face into their skull!

Ashen Lilies
2012-08-02, 07:34 AM
[Convenient Place]

"That sounds like a good idea." Says KR, un-draping herself from whatever nearby piece furniture she's already planning on (or currently!) using in her next attempt at hooking Wenomir into getting *cough* busy with something else.
"I haven't seen Jeremy or Catherine around in a long while, and Shawna's only around intermittently. It'd be nice to have a pair of Sentries who are actually around, doing stuff."

How to become a candidate for promotion in WATCHTOWER: Show up.

Ye gads.

Morty
2012-08-02, 07:56 AM
[Wenomir & KR's Room]

My thoughts exactly, Wenomir says. And they've both been around a while and proven themselves to be competent. Adir's already been greeting some new members and explaining things to them, so we might as well give him some actual authority in that regard. How about one of talks to Adir and the other one to Boris?

Ashen Lilies
2012-08-02, 08:02 AM
[Wenomir & KR's Room]

"Okay." Says KR.

Talking to people!? Alone!? Woah, now that's some trust you got there.

Morty
2012-08-02, 08:06 AM
[Wenomir & KR's Room]

Wenomir nods. He hopes both of them agree. Well, in KR's case they might be too intimidated not to agree.
Alright. I'll go talk to Adir. See you around. He gives KR a quick kiss and heads off to go look for the Fey.

FireFox
2012-08-02, 04:51 PM
[Armory]

I'm trying to accessorize my armor, the demon-hunter says. So I'm looking for special gauntlets with new functions. Maybe one that'd let me block with it if I can't do it with my sword or enchance my punches. I already have one magitech glove for my left hand though, which is why there're only right ones here.

[Armory==>Training Grounds]

The sorceress sets out to the training grounds to ponder what sort of course Matt would have to do. This was not exactly her expertise but perhaps she could try to copy one of the tests she had at the academy.

Ah. Matt doesn't bother to offer advice, opinions, compliments about Wenomir's resourcefulness, or any other useless attempts at ingratiating. So I guess he's just going to be silent until he knows Wenomir better.

Murkus
2012-08-02, 10:09 PM
Training Grounds
Kirlia thinks...
And comes up with a better idea.
"Nah, I got a better idea! I'll try to grow Senzu Beans here! Maybe even teach some people how to do, well, this."
She fires the ball of energy from her hand again at one of the remaining targets, obliterating the organic material.
"And this."
She hovers a foot above the ground.
"They run on the same idea."
"Anyways, do you have anywhere I might be able to get planting supplies?"

Adir would love to volunteer for that training, but he really should be more concerned with the Senzu for right now. "I could always filch some from my wife. She gardens for Watch. Fixed up the whole courtyard. Lemme see if I can find her..." That or her stuff. He looks for the little corner where the bags of mulch, sets of tools, and watering plants lie.

I hope it means I get to punch somebody's face into their skull!

"Whatever floats your boat, baby."

[Wenomir & KR's Room]

Wenomir nods. He hopes both of them agree. Well, in KR's case they might be too intimidated not to agree.
Alright. I'll go talk to Adir. See you around. He gives KR a quick kiss and heads off to go look for the Fey.

The stag can be found busying himself with his powered armor. As Wenomir walks into the room, he's wiping the thing's faceplate down. Dressed in a patchy pair of trousers and little else, as can usually be expected of him.

"Wendy! Heeey," Adir sets his rag down and walks over to Wenomir, grinning chummily. "You and KR gettin' busy yet? I notice you've been havin' a lot of alone time."

Devixer
2012-08-02, 10:22 PM
[Boris's Room]

"Mm. So busy. I 'magine they'll have me poundin' out more guns before too long," Cornelia says. She hopes that's the case, anyway. The gunsmith plants another kiss on Boris, drawing this one out, before crawling off of him carefully. She pulls on her clothes, most prominently a pair of riding jeans and a modest, sunny blouse for color. There are nicer clothes, for a visit to church, but she just isn't in the mood for trying to ride Cobalt in a dress.

Boris gets up as well after the kiss, getting dressed in his Spetsnaz uniform. Before Cornelia leaves, he tries to giver her a hug, saying "I'll see you later." Then he heads over to the training grounds to check on the firing range.

Wenomir shrugs. I'll be here if you need help, but it should be simple.

"Thanks, I can probably figure it out." Hildur walks over to the console, and fiddles with it for a bit while looking at the options.

[Walls - Attack!]

Boris gets to wrapping his wounded arm in a bandage. He's a little slow in that, considering he's not exactly a trained medic. Still, he finishes in just a few seconds and pulls out one of his pistols, pointing it at the stragglers in case they do not surrender.

Morty
2012-08-03, 03:34 AM
[Adir's Room]

Wenomir blinks. He did not expect Adir to greet him this way, although in retrospect maybe he should have. But, well, he does have an answer to this question. In his consternation, he's not even indignated that Adir called him "Wendy".
Hey Adir. And yes we are, actually.

The Librarian
2012-08-03, 12:54 PM
[Training Grounds]

The Gargoyles and Mysterious Stranger could probably butt in to this scene. There are enough Plotclones of KR running around.

((Do you mind if I pick up again with my Sage guy meeting you here where it was previously dropped.?))

Murkus
2012-08-03, 04:36 PM
[Adir's Room]

Wenomir blinks. He did not expect Adir to greet him this way, although in retrospect maybe he should have. But, well, he does have an answer to this question. In his consternation, he's not even indignated that Adir called him "Wendy".
Hey Adir. And yes we are, actually.

"Good for you! Short girls are fun, eh?" Adir tries to give Wenomir a little nudge as he passes, putting some things away before turning his full attention on the warrior. Stupid grin and all. "So, how long till the first kid?"

[Boris's Room]

Boris gets up as well after the kiss, getting dressed in his Spetsnaz uniform. Before Cornelia leaves, he tries to giver her a hug, saying "I'll see you later." Then he heads over to the training grounds to check on the firing range.

Cornelia returns the embrace and heads off to pay her dues with the Deus Mechanicus.

Morty
2012-08-03, 05:54 PM
[Adir's Room]

We're not planning kids just yet, Wenomir says, not sure if Adir's serious or joking. Neither of us are ready for this kind of thing. Which is a polite way of saying that the perspective of him and KR as parents is wrong on more levels than he can count. Speaking of kids, how's yours?

Murkus
2012-08-03, 06:05 PM
Adir's Room

"She's fussy," Adir says with a sagely nod, which blossoms into a dreamy expression. "And funny. And the best thing ever. I get why Sakura wanted so many in the first place."

The shakes his head, smiling. "Just one more good reason to keep fighting the good fight, y'know? Keeps me busy, though."

Morty
2012-08-03, 06:08 PM
[Adir's Room]

"I can imagine," Wenomir says. He has never had children, obviously, but he grew up in a village with younger siblings, so he saw many parents and small kids. "It might make the thing I came here to ask you about sound a little strange. Specifically, how would you feel about being promoted?"

Murkus
2012-08-03, 06:39 PM
[Adir's Room]

For once in a while, Adir looks surprised. His eyes widen. "Honestly, Wenomir... I'd feel like it's about time. I'd accept it, if that's what you mean. I'm not that busy." He might have to let Sakura help a little more, but a promotion...

Morty
2012-08-03, 06:43 PM
[Adir's Room]

Wenomir smiles and nods. "I'm glad you think so. Since you agree, welcome to the rank of the Sentry. It means you now have authority over the Watchmen and Watchmen Initiates. And a bit more authority in general. We're also going to suggest a promotion to Boris... KR's handling that."

Shadowcaller
2012-08-03, 06:46 PM
((I was actually waiting for Morty to say something but apparently he isn't so I'm just going to start this.))

[Matt -Training]

Matt, please join me at the training grounds. I'm going to have you take the test now if you're ready. The paladin can hear Cessie's voice inside his head.

Murkus
2012-08-04, 02:41 AM
[Adir's Room]

Wenomir smiles and nods. "I'm glad you think so. Since you agree, welcome to the rank of the Sentry. It means you now have authority over the Watchmen and Watchmen Initiates. And a bit more authority in general. We're also going to suggest a promotion to Boris... KR's handling that."

"Good. He deserves one. Boris knows what he's doing," Adir attests. Perhaps moreso than himself, but now's not the time for worrying about that. "...Thank you, Wenomir." He grins, though a bit more soberly. "I'm just glad someone's finally taking me seriously around here. Hard as that must be."

Morty
2012-08-04, 09:50 AM
[Adir's Room]

Wenomir smiles again. You've proven yourself. My brother had nothing but praise for you and Boris after you'd defeated that demon, to name one thing.

Gullara
2012-08-04, 10:42 AM
Adir would love to volunteer for that training, but he really should be more concerned with the Senzu for right now. "I could always filch some from my wife. She gardens for Watch. Fixed up the whole courtyard. Lemme see if I can find her..." That or her stuff. He looks for the little corner where the bags of mulch, sets of tools, and watering plants lie. [/COLOR]

[Training Grounds]

Sakura's player forgets when and how this scene started! Sakura could very well be here. Likely inside in their room, feeding, changing, or any other such activity involving Laela. Or maybe in the kitchen grabbing food. Flip a coin!

If there's some reason her player is unaware of that she wouldn't be here, then perhaps he will come across the various gardening supplies. I'm not exactly sure where it'd be kept. Perhaps a small shed? Or maybe inside one of the buildings.

Murkus
2012-08-04, 04:22 PM
Adir's Room

"How're you and your brother doing, anyway?" Adir asks. "Must be great, having him back."

[Training Grounds]

For now, Adir just cracks open a shed on the premises and retrieves some things for Kirila. He'll have to explain it to Sakura later, but there's no real issue. He hands a spade and some other tools to the Saiyan. "Here you go."

Morty
2012-08-04, 04:46 PM
[Adir's Room]

"Oh, it is," Wenomir says with a nod. "I really hadn't expected to see any of my family again. He's doing fine in Mattock Hill... he has a wife and three kids there. He really wants me too meet them... I'm not sure if I'm cut out for being an uncle, though." He rubs the back of his head.

Devixer
2012-08-04, 06:20 PM
[Training Grounds]

When KR looks for Boris to talk to about a promotion, he'll be practicing with his ballistic knife here.

Murkus
2012-08-04, 06:28 PM
[Adir's Room]

"Oh, it is," Wenomir says with a nod. "I really hadn't expected to see any of my family again. He's doing fine in Mattock Hill... he has a wife and three kids there. He really wants me too meet them... I'm not sure if I'm cut out for being an uncle, though." He rubs the back of his head.

"Not the best with kids, huh?" Adir smiles. He's not exactly surprised, but the stag won't say so. "I dunno, I feel like you'd make a cool uncle. Teach em' how to swordfight, tell em' war stories, show off some modern tech. Kids eat that stuff up."

Mindfreak
2012-08-04, 07:48 PM
[Training Grounds]

For now, Adir just cracks open a shed on the premises and retrieves some things for Kirila. He'll have to explain it to Sakura later, but there's no real issue. He hands a spade and some other tools to the Saiyan. "Here you go."
Training Grounds
Kirlia takes the items and lays them on the ground.
She disappears quickly before returning with a small pot full of dirt.
Sitting down cross-legged, Kirlia puts the pot in front of her. She took out the bag that still had the remains of the Senzu Beans that burnt up and shook out the ashes from the inside onto the dirt.
"Hey um, Adir? Can I borrow some of your energy? The Senzu Bean Plant needs a good bit to start growing..."
She extends her hand, obviously implying that he should grab it.

orb_of_blood
2012-08-05, 07:29 AM
[Attack!]

Surrender? Bah, dead either way. Or so they believe. They are invaders, after all, and many of their siblings have already fallen.

But then Jacob's Blue mana dose takes effect, and almost every gnoll pauses. Suppose there's a chance?

The first hyenid to surrender creeps out of the remaining creatures. He only has a few blood spots on his pelt, and somewhere along the way he lost his weapon. Not that it usually matters when one has jaws capable of crushing bone, but everything together has been too much for him, and he lies down and submits to the closest person - Jacob.

It takes a few moments, but eventually it all comes down to the gnolls being far too exhausted to resist Jacob's spell, and the idea of not having to fight anymore (for gold of all things to risk your life over), is just so appealing. Of the remaining, one lies down as well, and the other three talk in hushed whispers, trying to make up their minds.

Eventually one calls back to Adir. "What you do with master, grr? He not on field." Goodness, all of that and a few still haven't realized that defeat was the plan. Or maybe they have, and want to kill Kale themselves...

Though, what with everything calming down, someone might want to do something about Yazon and the gnoll warrior over there to the side of the wall.

When this gnoll realizes the sword is caught, he doesn't waste his effort trying to keep a hold on it. Letting go and keeping his balance is more important than a weapon that does little except extend the distance needed between him and his enemy for him to inflict harm. Besides, he has a second weapon which does exactly the same thing, if he ever needs it.

Rather than jerking back to avoid the second swing - which really would leave him off-balanced - he merely drops to all-fours. It's better for his balance and speed anyways. No attack yet, he backs away snarling and looks for an opening.

Zefir
2012-08-05, 08:28 AM
[Mia and the swarm]

If eight gnolls constitutes a swarm. For they're all that made it over the wall in time to escape the fire and telekinetic energy.

That... is incredibly pathetic. They reeeeally need better tactics. Where the heck is their leader? He's vanished off the battlefield! Hardly inspiring of confidence.

At least, while they were pulling themselves up and onto the wall, their two brethren managed to duck the swing. Or... well, the charging one ducked and flattened himself against the brick floor of the wall. The second received a nasty bruise on the right side of his face, and would have received a lot worse if the gnoll behind him didn't shove him violently forward and away from the wall's edge as he scrabbled up to escape the flying bullets. As it is, he falls back against the wall's edge, dazed and waiting for the world to stop spinning.

The gnoll who'd avoided the swing is the first up and attacking again.

Avoid the robot? Oh, why bother at this point. He'll take the afterlife before the hell of further serving a master responsible for such a massacre. Without any sense of caution, he coils his hind legs and leaps for Mia, claws outstretched, hoping to deal at least some damage with those and his bone-crushing jaws before the inevitable end.

And so there are seven fighting gnolls!

((Sorry for the delay waited on Harnel, but since you go on I post as well))

[Attack]

Well I should note here that MDM is a robot and is a bit bigger than you may assume. From his size he is two times of a normal human and his arms are nearly as big as a human himself.

Either may Mia stuggles back with panik in her eyes. she really assumed MDM manages to beat them. The robot currently needs to recover from the swing and will go to swing backwards, ut that won't be befor the hit comes. So what can Mia do? Wait. She had prepared a spell and now may be the right time to use it. She close her eyes and a square of metal appears in front of her. the edges split fast from each other dragging a shield between them. The shield (And energy shield) should be able to prevent the attack of the gnoll, unless he is stronger than assumed. The shield will fade away after tha attack if not broken by the gnolle. And that is the time when the other arm of MDM comes down try to grab the gnoll.

Morty
2012-08-05, 10:01 AM
"Not the best with kids, huh?" Adir smiles. He's not exactly surprised, but the stag won't say so. "I dunno, I feel like you'd make a cool uncle. Teach em' how to swordfight, tell em' war stories, show off some modern tech. Kids eat that stuff up."

Just as long as I don't tell them the kind of story that'll make them stay up at night, Wenomir says, half-jokingly. Like when I fought the incestuous apocalypse children. It's worth a try, anyway. He's actually much better with children than it seems. He's got a bit of a soft spot for them.

Gullara
2012-08-05, 06:31 PM
[Attack!]

Though, what with everything calming down, someone might want to do something about Yazon and the gnoll warrior over there to the side of the wall.

When this gnoll realizes the sword is caught, he doesn't waste his effort trying to keep a hold on it. Letting go and keeping his balance is more important than a weapon that does little except extend the distance needed between him and his enemy for him to inflict harm. Besides, he has a second weapon which does exactly the same thing, if he ever needs it.

Rather than jerking back to avoid the second swing - which really would leave him off-balanced - he merely drops to all-fours. It's better for his balance and speed anyways. No attack yet, he backs away snarling and looks for an opening.

[Attack!]

Yazon shifts his stance and holds his axe ready to chops down on the gnoll should he attack. He doesn't pay any attention to what's going on elsewhere, only focused on his foe and immediate surroundings.

He doesn't make a move for a moment, but then he suddenly steps forward and swings the axe horizontally across the gnoll's face.

Murkus
2012-08-06, 07:15 PM
Training Grounds
Kirlia takes the items and lays them on the ground.
She disappears quickly before returning with a small pot full of dirt.
Sitting down cross-legged, Kirlia puts the pot in front of her. She took out the bag that still had the remains of the Senzu Beans that burnt up and shook out the ashes from the inside onto the dirt.
"Hey um, Adir? Can I borrow some of your energy? The Senzu Bean Plant needs a good bit to start growing..."
She extends her hand, obviously implying that he should grab it.

"Um... I guess?" Adir says, taking her hand. He sounds rather confused. He would have supplied her with a pot, by the by, for the sake of convenience.

Just as long as I don't tell them the kind of story that'll make them stay up at night, Wenomir says, half-jokingly. Like when I fought the incestuous apocalypse children. It's worth a try, anyway.

"Well I never said scare them, no," Adir says with a laugh. "I think you'll make a fine uncle. KR as an aunt, though..." The stag exhales slowly, as if to say 'oh boy'.

[Attack!]

Adir turns his gun on the gnolls that still stand. Can't be too careful, after all. Though when their question is raised, he drops his guard somewhat. "He's been taken into our custody. Just like you're going to be. Now have a seat." His voice is still rather menacing. The stag flicks his gun down to help make his point.

Mindfreak
2012-08-06, 07:39 PM
Training Grounds
Adir may very well feel like he just ran for half an hour as Kirlia takes the necessary energy through the hand-hold.
The transfer is rather noticeable as blue ripples of light go down Adir's arm and hand, turning into red ripples on Kirlia's arm and hand.
She then removes her hand and concentrates. The energy begins swirling into a ball in her hand, giving off a purplish light, as their two energies mix.
She then presses it down into the dirt, causing the dirt and remnants of the beans to glow and transform into a fully grown beanstalk.
But with no beans.
The vine of the stalk has tiny pinpoints of purple light all along it where the beans will eventually grow from though.
"There we go. It'll take a bit for the beans to start-woah!"
A bean begins to grow from one of the pinpoints of light!
"That's strange...it should take at least 3 weeks for the first bean to even begin to grow since it has to gather so much energy from the residents of the planet..."
But then again, Kirlia is thinking of a planet. The Nexus has many, many more people than any one planet could hold, which is why the bean is growing so fast...
The first bean finishes forming and the next one starts!

Murkus
2012-08-06, 08:36 PM
Training Grounds

Unsurprisingly, the energy transfer draws little reaction from Adir. He's a fey soldier - a half-hour run is easy-peasy. Still, his posture slackens, and he exhales deeply. "Whoah."

He watches, fascinated, as Kirila draws the energy forth and then pushes it into the plant. A nice lightshow, to say the least. "Never seen a plant outside my homeworld grow that fast. But, uh, the Nexus is never just one world. It overlaps with... probly thousands of others. I'd wager we could grow a buncha these easy." And by the sound of his voice, Adir would like to. Seeing how the bean healed Kirila has made him think this is a very worthwhile endeavor.

Ashen Lilies
2012-08-06, 10:28 PM
((Do you mind if I pick up again with my Sage guy meeting you here where it was previously dropped.?))

No. Go ahead.

[Training Grounds]

When KR looks for Boris to talk to about a promotion, he'll be practicing with his ballistic knife here.

[Training Grounds]

Well then, KR will come up a reasonable distance off. Maybe give a cough or something to get Boris' attention.

[Attack!]

KR climbs down the gate tower and heads over to the spot where Kale and the gnoll leaders landed. She attempts to lightly kick Kale awake, pointing her rifle at his face as a disincentive towards doing anything rash.

Devixer
2012-08-06, 10:31 PM
[Training Grounds]

Boris hears KR's approach, and turns his head to see who it is. Once he confirms that it's someone important, he sheathes his knife and nods his head towards her. "KR. You need me for something?"

Ashen Lilies
2012-08-06, 10:41 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Yeah. Hi. How do you feel about promotion?"
Direct approach!

Devixer
2012-08-06, 10:44 PM
[Training Grounds]

Boris opens and closes his mouth while trying to formulate a response. He was in the running for a promotion? How? He hadn't done much in his time here. "May I ask why?"

Ashen Lilies
2012-08-06, 10:56 PM
[Training Grounds]

"You've proven yourself to be competent and level-headed, and we think you might be a better asset to the organization if you had some authority over the newer members." Says KR.

Devixer
2012-08-06, 11:01 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Sounds like a good enough reason. What the responsibilities that come with the rank?" Boris asks while crossing his arms.

ThirdEmperor
2012-08-06, 11:06 PM
Attack!

Kale responds about as well to being kicked awake as you can expect, especially of someone who's entire body is currently one big aching bruise. Making a noise halfway between a snarl and a grunt, Kale cracks an eye open, vision still all blurry from being zapped.

His first sight on waking is hardly a reassuring one.

"Uh..." Propping himself up slightly on his hands Kale stares blankly at KR, brow furrowing as he tries to piece together what happened, what is happening. "I.. I uh... Why are you?" The hapless elf nods at the gun, the only thing he's fully sure of that he wants that aimed somewhere else.

Ashen Lilies
2012-08-06, 11:23 PM
[Attack!]

"Standard procedure. WATCHTOWER rulebook, page 38, paragraph 3. 'How to treat elves who attack the base with an army of gnolls.'" Says KR, keeping the rifle pointed squarely at Kale's face.
"Now, you can tell us why you attacked our base with an army of gnolls, or I can wake those guys up and then they can ask you."
She takes her left hand off the rifle for a moment to jerk a thumb at the still stunned gnolls that were in the process of trying to rip Kale apart, keeping her right index finger however rested safely on the side of the trigger guard.

[Training Grounds]

"You'll be in charge of the regular WATCHTOWER members. You pick and assign missions, and generally get them doing things instead of sitting around. Assuming that there's anything worth doing. That tends to be a problem. Also, you'll have the added duty of inducting Watchman initiates who have proven themselves on missions or other dangerous situations as full members."

Devixer
2012-08-06, 11:34 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Understood. There's no sort of ceremony to go with it, I hope?" Boris was never much for anything fancy to go with field promotions. He preferred to get straight to the point.

Ashen Lilies
2012-08-06, 11:38 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Nope." I think the only person who would actually volunteer to perform such a ceremony is Cessie.

Devixer
2012-08-06, 11:43 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Good. I won't keep you any further, unless there was something else you wanted." Boris turns back to continue his practice, but waits for KR to speak.

ThirdEmperor
2012-08-06, 11:53 PM
Attack!

"Oh." Yeah, that didn't really make things any clearer. Too many words and too fast, the attempted witticism outrunning Kale's capacity to follow along. "What?"

The question is clear enough though, so Kale focuses on that, the gnolls lying collapses all around helping jog his memory of what happened since his last involuntary nap.

"Uh, uhm... They're... They're slavers. I beat their leader, so, I am their leader... I don't want to be." Not the best explanation, but if KR wanted coherence, she shouldn't have zapped him.

Ashen Lilies
2012-08-07, 12:18 AM
[Attack!]

"And... the best solution you could come up with was to initiate a slaughter." :smallannoyed:

[Training Grounds]

"No. Nothing else. As you were."
KR walks away.

Mindfreak
2012-08-07, 06:26 AM
Training Grounds

Unsurprisingly, the energy transfer draws little reaction from Adir. He's a fey soldier - a half-hour run is easy-peasy. Still, his posture slackens, and he exhales deeply. "Whoah."

He watches, fascinated, as Kirila draws the energy forth and then pushes it into the plant. A nice lightshow, to say the least. "Never seen a plant outside my homeworld grow that fast. But, uh, the Nexus is never just one world. It overlaps with... probly thousands of others. I'd wager we could grow a buncha these easy." And by the sound of his voice, Adir would like to. Seeing how the bean healed Kirila has made him think this is a very worthwhile endeavor.
Training Grounds
"Maybe we could! Back on Earth we...couldn't have more than one of these plants because they can start to put a strain on people's energy if there's more than one. But if what you say is true then we could definitely get a small garden growing here!"
She takes one of the beanpods that had fully grown off of the stalk.
"But if they're growing so fast...I don't know how good that'll be for the beans..."
It could very well effect the bean's abilities!

ThirdEmperor
2012-08-07, 11:01 AM
[Attack!]

"And... the best solution you could come up with was to initiate a slaughter." :smallannoyed:

"No... No, there was another plan. But I ****ed it up." From where he is, Kale's spared the sight of the slaughtered gnolls on the walls, but the word 'slaughter' is enough to give him an all too accurate impression.

Chaotic Bob
2012-08-07, 07:09 PM
Watchtower. Watchtower. Watchtower.

[The Main Gate]

A visitor approaches!

It appears to be a young girl with dark blue hair, clad in a rather sophisticated looking black dress.
A higher class child, perhaps.

She looks rather annoyed, as she thumbs at her hair.
"Of course. It had to do this."

Murkus
2012-08-08, 01:11 PM
Training Grounds
"Maybe we could! Back on Earth we...couldn't have more than one of these plants because they can start to put a strain on people's energy if there's more than one. But if what you say is true then we could definitely get a small garden growing here!"
She takes one of the beanpods that had fully grown off of the stalk.
"But if they're growing so fast...I don't know how good that'll be for the beans..."
It could very well effect the bean's abilities!

"Well how do we check? Do we need someone who was as beat up as you, or does it help healthy folks too?"

Mindfreak
2012-08-08, 01:20 PM
Training Grounds
"We'd have to feed it to someone who's rather beat up...or we could just feed it to you. You did take a beating from me.":smalltongue:
She opens the pod and withdraws a Senzu bean, trying to give it to Adir.
"Come on, eat it!":smallsmile:

The bean, if eaten, would only restore Adir's stamina, removing all fatigue from him and making him feel like he was well rested and had eaten a good meal.
It would not restore wounds though, unless they were tiny scratches or bruises.

The Bushranger
2012-08-08, 04:47 PM
[Attack]

"Apologies. I have found time runs...oddly for me at times," Shawna tells KR - after glaring at her forgetful player - and turning her attention to the surrenderig gnolls. "But it appears that worrying about the wall will not be necessary, as no shots in any direction will be necessary. A pity. I was desirious of expermenting with the new upgrades to my weapon."

The rainbow-haired technopaladin, still fitted with the BFG (think: Megatron's cannon :smalleek:) follows KR to just glare at Kale. Glare! Seems she's 'silent cop' to KR's 'bad cop'.

Murkus
2012-08-08, 10:08 PM
Training Grounds

"Well, not by much," Adir claims. He'd sure gotten banged around a bit, though. The stag pops the bean in his mouth, eyebrows rising in short order. "Um. Well, I feel... better. But not healed, really."

Devixer
2012-08-08, 10:12 PM
[Attack!]

Boris surmises that the other members of Watchtower have the stragglers and leader taken care of. So, he takes his sniper rifle and looks out over where the gnolls came from, to make sure there isn't anyone else coming for them.

Gullara
2012-08-09, 01:17 AM
Watchtower. Watchtower. Watchtower.

[The Main Gate]

A visitor approaches!

It appears to be a young girl with dark blue hair, clad in a rather sophisticated looking black dress.
A higher class child, perhaps.

She looks rather annoyed, as she thumbs at her hair.
"Of course. It had to do this."

[The Main Gate]

The dwarf Yazon is busy practicing with his bearded axe when he catches sight of the visitor. He sets the weapon aside in favour of a towel to wipe his face. He then proceeds to go over to the gate, tucking his braided blond beard into his belt as he goes.

"Can I help you?" He asks as he nears. She doesn't seem like the usual sort you'd expect to find around here. It raises a few questions that will no doubt be answered soon.

Mindfreak
2012-08-09, 06:34 AM
Training Grounds
Kirlia sighed.
"I knew that it wouldn't be good for their potency..."
She looked at the plant with a frown.
"It's gathering too much energy too quickly..."
She sighed again, picking up the plant.
"Oh well, at least we have more beans, so we can keep trying!"^-^

orb_of_blood
2012-08-09, 12:52 PM
Attack!
((Boris won't see anyone else from the direction the gnolls came in. It seems this group came here without any type of backup.))

Right. 'Custody'. Now only to figure out what that means. Few gnolls even have a basic grasp of Common. Still, it's not particularly difficult to guess in this situation, even for creatures such as these.

Slowly, grudgingly, the last two gnolls there ease onto their knees and fall silent.

Okay. That leaves only the gnoll Yazon is dealing with, and the gnoll that's somewhat perplexed by the appearance of a metal shield between him and Mia.

This is why I hate magic users. A single swipe of his claws assures him that he cannot hope to cut through the metal. He can't even see through it, and that worries him. Undoubtedly this woman and her horrible machine-minion are readying a counter-attack. Shamed, he falls back, and tries to slink away to join the others, tail between his legs.

Yazon's gnoll, however, isn't about to give up. Especially not after he pulls back from the latest swipe a moment too late, and hot blood matts the fur on his nose and the top of his muzzle.

Snarling, he steps back and pushes himself upright again, his left paw curling around the grip of the whip at his side. Flicking it free, he snaps the cruel weapon at the dwarf's face.

Gullara
2012-08-09, 04:22 PM
[Attack!]

Yazon lowers his head so his helmet blocks the snap of the whip. He immediately follows up by pressing forward to jab at the gnoll's chest with the head of his axe. It won't cut much, but there's a lot of force behind the attack.

Murkus
2012-08-09, 11:12 PM
Training Grounds
Kirlia sighed.
"I knew that it wouldn't be good for their potency..."
She looked at the plant with a frown.
"It's gathering too much energy too quickly..."
She sighed again, picking up the plant.
"Oh well, at least we have more beans, so we can keep trying!"^-^

The stag smiles, rubbing the back of his head. "Well, uh, let's get to it. I'm sure my wife can help, if you want. Maybe Niza and I could bother one of the higher-ups about a mission in the mean time," Adir suggests, since he has no current assignments as it is with which he can test the MS girl's true power.

[Attack!]

Adir lowers his guard a bit as the last two gnolls drop. With the bulk of their army a few hundred feet off, Watchtower should be relatively safe now. He turns to the rest of the battlements, barely seeing the battle raging between the last gnoll and Yazon. He can't get a clean shot from here, and can't get across the crowded wall, so he just stays in place for now.

Chaotic Bob
2012-08-10, 10:17 PM
[The Main Gate]

The dwarf Yazon is busy practicing with his bearded axe when he catches sight of the visitor. He sets the weapon aside in favour of a towel to wipe his face. He then proceeds to go over to the gate, tucking his braided blond beard into his belt as he goes.

"Can I help you?" He asks as he nears. She doesn't seem like the usual sort you'd expect to find around here. It raises a few questions that will no doubt be answered soon.

Now that a certain someone is paying attention...

The girl eyes the dwarf as he makes himself known, in an appraising manner similar to craftsman inspecting his tools.
It has an imperious sort of vibe that has absolutely zero place on a child's face.
"This is the Watchtower, correct?"

Gullara
2012-08-10, 11:39 PM
[The Main Gate]

"You're in the right place, lass." The dwarf confirms. "But what brings a girl your age out here? Are your parents with you?" She does strike him as a bit odd, though.

Chaotic Bob
2012-08-11, 01:54 AM
[Main Gate]

The girl purses her lips a bit at the mention of her parents and gives a curt shake of her head.
"They are not a part of the picture, and we are better for it."

Then, lithely jumping from that to the more important matter.
"As for why I am here, I have been told that you are the elite unit tasked with protecting the region from crisis. Is this true?"
What young, girly interests she has!

Gullara
2012-08-11, 02:03 AM
[Main Gate]

"That's about the right of it." Yazon says. He narrows his eyes a bit. Yep, definitely something odd about this one. She sure doesn't act like a kid her age. "I'd guess there's a reason you sought us out?" He prompts.

Chaotic Bob
2012-08-11, 03:43 AM
[Main Gate]

The girl peers past the dwarf, glancing towards the facility itself.
Wonder what makes it so "elite"?
"There may be a need for you in the very near future. I am curious to know if and how you are up to the task.
I confess to knowing very little how your task force operates."

Gullara
2012-08-11, 02:11 PM
[Main Gate]

"I'll admit, I'm pretty new around here. But I do know we have some good, capable fighters here and they know what they're doing. Now tell me more about what we might be needed for." Yazon replies.

Chaotic Bob
2012-08-11, 04:18 PM
[Main Gate]

"Your job."
The girl seems to think that's a fairly obvious point, and her tone doesn't hide this opinion.
But they likely want specifics, so she gestures off behind her somewhere with a flippant hand wave.

"This land is tainted by a madness that does not belong."
Beyond its usual madness, she suggests. The place is pretty strange by default.
"It is...very likely that it will be manifesting shortly, to make more proper work of your kingdom."

Gullara
2012-08-11, 04:31 PM
[Main Gate]

Yazon frowns. Well then, time for business. "Alright, let me open the gate and I can take you to one of our leaders." The dwarf will do just that and guide her toward the tower if there are no protests.

Chaotic Bob
2012-08-11, 05:02 PM
[Main Gate]

There are zero protests.

"Thank you."
And away they can go, with nary more than a prim nod from the girl.

Morty
2012-08-13, 09:52 AM
"Well I never said scare them, no," Adir says with a laugh. "I think you'll make a fine uncle. KR as an aunt, though..." The stag exhales slowly, as if to say 'oh boy'.

Wenomir chuckles. I hope she'll grow into the role. And the kids will love it, too. I mean, how many people in the Nexus can claim someone half as badass as her as an aunt? He says.

Mindfreak
2012-08-13, 10:29 AM
Training Grounds
"Okay..."
Kirlia stands, picking up the plant at the same time.

Beans
2012-08-13, 10:32 AM
The stag smiles, rubbing the back of his head. "Well, uh, let's get to it. I'm sure my wife can help, if you want. Maybe Niza and I could bother one of the higher-ups about a mission in the mean time," Adir suggests, since he has no current assignments as it is with which he can test the MS girl's true power.
Niza nods, grinning excitedly at the prospect of making things dead and/or broken.
I like the sound of that!

Zefir
2012-08-14, 02:08 AM
Attack!
((Boris won't see anyone else from the direction the gnolls came in. It seems this group came here without any type of backup.))

Right. 'Custody'. Now only to figure out what that means. Few gnolls even have a basic grasp of Common. Still, it's not particularly difficult to guess in this situation, even for creatures such as these.

Slowly, grudgingly, the last two gnolls there ease onto their knees and fall silent.

Okay. That leaves only the gnoll Yazon is dealing with, and the gnoll that's somewhat perplexed by the appearance of a metal shield between him and Mia.

This is why I hate magic users. A single swipe of his claws assures him that he cannot hope to cut through the metal. He can't even see through it, and that worries him. Undoubtedly this woman and her horrible machine-minion are readying a counter-attack. Shamed, he falls back, and tries to slink away to join the others, tail between his legs.

Yazon's gnoll, however, isn't about to give up. Especially not after he pulls back from the latest swipe a moment too late, and hot blood matts the fur on his nose and the top of his muzzle.

Snarling, he steps back and pushes himself upright again, his left paw curling around the grip of the whip at his side. Flicking it free, he snaps the cruel weapon at the dwarf's face.

Attack!

Eh well that's not correct. she didn't summon a shield of metal. The metal parts are the frame drawing an energy shield like someone would hold a cloth or an umbrella. He is able to see through it, but it's like looking through green glass.

Well either way MDM starts moving while the gnoll is moving. He goes chasing after him gaining more speed the longer the distance is. He is quiet fast for a golem, still no match for a running Gnoll.

Ashen Lilies
2012-08-14, 10:41 AM
"No... No, there was another plan. But I ****ed it up." From where he is, Kale's spared the sight of the slaughtered gnolls on the walls, but the word 'slaughter' is enough to give him an all too accurate impression.

[Attack! - Courtyard]

"Right. And what would that plan have been?"

FireFox
2012-08-14, 12:08 PM
((I was actually waiting for Morty to say something but apparently he isn't so I'm just going to start this.))

[Matt -Training]

Matt, please join me at the training grounds. I'm going to have you take the test now if you're ready. The paladin can hear Cessie's voice inside his head.

Oh, looks like she's ready. I'll see you later, hopefully. Matt nods to Wenomir, then heads to the training grounds.

Murkus
2012-08-14, 01:46 PM
Wenomir chuckles. I hope she'll grow into the role. And the kids will love it, too. I mean, how many people in the Nexus can claim someone half as badass as her as an aunt? He says.

"See? You haven't got a thing to worry about," Adir assures him, crossing his arms. "Though, uh, being a proper aunt and uncle requires you two getting married." He flashes a sly grin.

Training Grounds
"Okay..."
Kirlia stands, picking up the plant at the same time.

"Okay, lemme call 'er," Adir says, shortly before he attempts to contact Sakura through the link their earring provides.

At least, I think that was one of its abilities. :smalltongue:

Hey babe? Got a new recruit out here who could use your gardening expertise.

Niza nods, grinning excitedly at the prospect of making things dead and/or broken.
I like the sound of that!

"Now don't go crazy. It might just be a scouting run or something. We don't get to shoot up the place unless that's part of the mission."

Beans
2012-08-14, 01:56 PM
"Now don't go crazy. It might just be a scouting run or something. We don't get to shoot up the place unless that's part of the mission."
Aw, okayyyyy.
She holsters her weapons, scratching under the mecha components of her arms.

Gullara
2012-08-14, 02:20 PM
[Training Grounds]

Oh? Okay, just give me a sec. Laela's really determined to make changing her impossible. Sakura says through the earring, which is definitely possible.

A short time later, Sakura walks out of the barracks holding a disgruntled looking Laela. Sakura herself looks a little worn out herself, but she still greets the two with a big smile. "Hey there, I'm Sakura. So you need gardening help?"

I'm afraid I don't know the first thing about Kirlia, however. Description please!
And as for Sakura and Laela, I'll cheat with a picture.
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/138/5/6/family_from_the_woods_by_cut_box-d507u7s.png

OrchestraHc
2012-08-14, 02:35 PM
[Front Gate]

Long before the tower was under attack, Justin Mine returns to Watchtower. He had joined them on a mission that went... moderately well by his standards, but there were still a few loose ends to tie up. He had collected a good bit of evidence that wasn't exactly useful to him alone, and he wasn't exactly comfortable turning it into Remnant himself, since he was acting (rather convincingly, he thought) as a slave trader on the tape and doesn't have much of a rep with the military police to convince them he was acting without an investigation. He didn't want to be investigated.

Justin approaches the gate and does whatever someone who wants attention at a front gate does. (His player doesn't know if there's a doorbell, an intercom, etc.)

Morty
2012-08-14, 05:36 PM
"See? You haven't got a thing to worry about," Adir assures him, crossing his arms. "Though, uh, being a proper aunt and uncle requires you two getting married." He flashes a sly grin.

Wenomir nods solemnly. He was expecting such a comment, but marriage... well. He might consider it, but he doubts KR is emotionally ready for this sort of thing.
"Maybe... that'd be a hell of a wedding, wouldn't it? Maybe someday. I'm not sure how KR will react to the idea of having nieces and nephews in the first place, he admits.

[Training Grounds]

In another timeline, Wenomir is there, ready to start training Terrie.

Shadowcaller
2012-08-14, 07:03 PM
Oh, looks like she's ready. I'll see you later, hopefully. Matt nods to Wenomir, then heads to the training grounds.

[Front Gate]

Long before the tower was under attack, Justin Mine returns to Watchtower. He had joined them on a mission that went... moderately well by his standards, but there were still a few loose ends to tie up. He had collected a good bit of evidence that wasn't exactly useful to him alone, and he wasn't exactly comfortable turning it into Remnant himself, since he was acting (rather convincingly, he thought) as a slave trader on the tape and doesn't have much of a rep with the military police to convince them he was acting without an investigation. He didn't want to be investigated.

Justin approaches the gate and does whatever someone who wants attention at a front gate does. (His player doesn't know if there's a doorbell, an intercom, etc.)

[Training Grounds - Matt]

As Matt arrives at the Training grounds Cessie is waiting for him holding the small clay sculpture of a man under her arm. Behind her is the classic kind of training course with ropes and nets to climb, logs to jump over, net to crawl under and bars to hang in.

"Okay Matthew, the layout is fairly simple here. You're going to completed this course holding this sculpture. You might leave it but you won't finish it until you have taken it through the entire course. If the sculpture is destroyed you have failed and you aren't allowed to fly over, destroy or skip obstacles either. What makes this a bit harder however is that I'm going to send elementals to attempt to destroy the sculpture. You may destroy these elementals but keep in mind you can't attack me, okay?" The mage explains to the paladin before handing him the small clay sculpture. "I might add you also aren't allowed to reinforce the sculpture in any way, unless you create like a shield around it."

[Front Gate]

As luck have it, Cessie happens to be there to greet him. The sorceress opens up the gate for Justin and smiles as she see him. "So you made it. I'm guessing you have something for me?"

Mindfreak
2012-08-14, 07:38 PM
Training Grounds
Well, if you're playing that way I'm cheating too.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/288/9/4/Asper___Female_Saiyan_Warrior_by_BlackroseSariaSan .jpg
"Well, um, I know this plant inside and out but I've never seen it doing this before..."
She picks off all of the beanpods, causing them to start growing back.
"See? They're taking in too much energy through the stalk at one time. The beans don't have time to mature so their potency is...limited."

OrchestraHc
2012-08-14, 09:11 PM
[Front Gate]

As luck have it, Cessie happens to be there to greet him. The sorceress opens up the gate for Justin and smiles as she see him. "So you made it. I'm guessing you have something for me?"

[Front Gate]

"Yes ma'am." he says. He removes a small black cassette like object. "This holotape has my entire conversation with the priestess back at the hermitage. She mentions the god by name and how they sacrifice humans." He's pretty proud of himself about this, especially since it wasn't even the objective. "It'll be useful for Remnant, but I need you to tell them the handsome sounding young man is only acting as a slave trader."

Halae
2012-08-15, 01:48 PM
[Training Grounds]

In another timeline, Wenomir is there, ready to start training Terrie.

Terrie is here!

And covered in dirt caked clothing. I mean honestly; she's only got the one set of clothing, and she's not exactly a sedentary individual, despite her being bound to a tree. Although, given that she isn't as bound to it since she got her hammer, she's been ranging a bit farther, but not too far.

So, what are her dirt caked clothes, you ask? A previously white tee-shirt, and pants that used to be blue. Wait, did I say dirt caked? I meant currently coated, as if she's been playing in mud. Her hammer, strangely, is entirely pristine.

Shadowcaller
2012-08-15, 02:04 PM
[Front Gate]

The sorceress grins at Justin, "I will, you don't worry about that. Especially the handsome sounding part." She jokes before taking on a more serious expression, "But the situation is still quite serious considering how large this group seem to be. Giving this tape to remnant will hopefully help a great deal with freeing the poor souls who this group uses as their own possessions."

Morty
2012-08-15, 02:38 PM
[Training Grounds]

Wenomir looks at Terrie and shakes his head. It's not his job, dammit. Who asks the scar-covered swordsmaster to take care of a child's clothes? But if he has to...
"Alright, Terrie... before we start our training, we're going to need to do something about your wardrobe. For now, you'll need some proper training clothes."

Halae
2012-08-15, 03:37 PM
[Training Grounds]

Terrie blinks and sets her hammer down, looking at her shirt, "Is something wrong? I'm wearing clothes..."

Right, Terrie is a dryad. she still doesn't really understand clothing.

OrchestraHc
2012-08-15, 03:38 PM
[Front Gate]

The sorceress grins at Justin, "I will, you don't worry about that. Especially the handsome sounding part." She jokes before taking on a more serious expression, "But the situation is still quite serious considering how large this group seem to be. Giving this tape to remnant will hopefully help a great deal with freeing the poor souls who this group uses as their own possessions."

[Front Gate]

Justin, to his credit, recognizes the seriousness of the conversation. "I reccomend infiltration and investigation, but they'd probably do that already. That's the only way they'd get any useful info out of them. I don't like how long it would take, but it's smarter." He let's out a sort of heavy sigh, trying to deal with it being out of his hands after this. "Isn't a member of the cult one of yours? Watchtower's, I mean."

Morty
2012-08-15, 04:13 PM
[Training Grounds]

Terrie blinks and sets her hammer down, looking at her shirt, "Is something wrong? I'm wearing clothes..."

Right, Terrie is a dryad. she still doesn't really understand clothing.

"They're really dirty. You ought to change clothes and clean those that are dirty," Wenomir explains. "Didn't Cessie explain it to you?"

Halae
2012-08-15, 04:17 PM
[Training Grounds]

Terrie frowns, "Cessie told me I should just wear clothes, not that They need to be clean."

Morty
2012-08-15, 04:19 PM
[Training Grounds]

Wenomir... is surprised. Cessie is such a fastidious and meticulous person, it doesn't seem likely she'd forget about something like that.
"We'll worry about it later. For now, we should try and find you some clothes more appropriate for training." Hopefully Watchtower has something in right size...

Halae
2012-08-15, 04:34 PM
[Training Grounds]

Terrie just flops on the ground to wait. She wants to be a warrior now! not wait for clothes.

Morty
2012-08-15, 04:45 PM
[Training Grounds]

Wenomir disappears in the training tower. After a while, he emerges with a suitably small-sized set of clothing - a shirt and a pair of shorts.
"Alright. Head to the training tower to get changed. Then, we'll begin your training."
Later on, someone will have to explain the concept of laundry and changing clothes to her. But Wenomir intends that someone to be someone else than him.

Murkus
2012-08-15, 05:01 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Yeah, supposedly the beans heal people, but they don't seem to work. Maybe if we plant more of them?" Adir suggests, not really knowing anything about it. He seems to think that a larger number of plants will divide the energy more evenly.

[Adir's Room]

"Oh, you haven't explained that bit to her yet?" Adir asks, brows rising. "Maybe it can be a surprise. Just get her over there and start calling her 'Aunt KR' in front of the kids. They'll catch on."

Gullara
2012-08-15, 05:26 PM
Training Grounds
Well, if you're playing that way I'm cheating too.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/288/9/4/Asper___Female_Saiyan_Warrior_by_BlackroseSariaSan .jpg
"Well, um, I know this plant inside and out but I've never seen it doing this before..."
She picks off all of the beanpods, causing them to start growing back.
"See? They're taking in too much energy through the stalk at one time. The beans don't have time to mature so their potency is...limited."

[Training Grounds]

"Yeah, supposedly the beans heal people, but they don't seem to work. Maybe if we plant more of them?" Adir suggests, not really knowing anything about it. He seems to think that a larger number of plants will divide the energy more evenly.

[Training Grounds]

"Oh, that's weird." Sakura steps forward and brushes her fingers against the plant's leaves. With some focus, she can sense the way the plant is drawing in energy, just like it gets energy from the sun or nutrients from the soil. It's not like anything she's ever encountered, but she has an inherent understanding of these things. "I could probably grow new ones that will gather energy slower. It might take me a few tries to get it right."

((This is operating on the assumption that despite the beans' fantastic properties, they're biological in nature. It's been forever since I watched the show, however, and I'm not even sure there was a detailed explanation.))

Halae
2012-08-15, 05:27 PM
[Training Grounds]

Terrie grumbles as she accepts the shorts and shirt, going to get changed. This is so dumb. why does she have to get changed for training? that doesn't make any sense.

In any case, the disgruntled Terrie will appear in front of Morty in a little while, changed and not particularly happy.

Morty
2012-08-15, 05:38 PM
[Training Grounds]

Wenomir nods when Terrie re-appears.
"You're probably wondering why I told you to change your clothes. The reason is that not all clothes are equally suited for fighting, or most sorts of exercise. For training, it's better to wear the sort of clothes I gave you, because they're light and don't restrict your movement. For fighting, entirely different sort of attire is appropriate. The exact type depends on one's style. This is the sort of thing you need to know if we're going to make a warrior out of you. And now, let us begin."
The warrior heads for the running track.
"Let's see what your top speed is when running."

[Adir's Room]

Wenomir chuckles.
"Maybe I will. I told KR that my brother had showed up of course, but not about his kids yet. I'll have to do it soon, of course. Either way, I'll leave you to your work now. See you around."

Murkus
2012-08-15, 06:27 PM
[Adir's Room]

"Don't be a stranger, man," Adir says cheerily, waving him off before turning back to the Helldiver armor. And thus he rejoins continuity.

Mindfreak
2012-08-15, 07:28 PM
Training Grounds
((The only things said for the plants that are importan to their growing is that it takes a year to make a small pouchfull. So I made my own explanation that the stalk acts an antenna, drawing in very small amounts of energy from all the creatures of the planet but in such a small amount that it isn't even noticeable. That's why it takes so long to make them to because they need such a huge amount of energy for their properties which also need that time to properly mature. And since there's so many creatures in the Nexus they take in too much energy too fast, making it so they don't mature and that their potency is limited. The beans themselves are a mixture of biological and supernatural.))
Kirlia gives her a confused look.
"And how do you propose that? All I can think of is if I stay by the plant in the beginning stages, taking the extra energy into myself..."
But that can be boring!

Gullara
2012-08-15, 07:47 PM
[Training Grounds - With Beans]

"Well, I can just sorta change how they grow. I'll make it so when they take in energy they take less at a time, and that way they'll grow slower." Sakura explains.

Mindfreak
2012-08-16, 06:33 AM
Training Grounds
Kirlia looks awfully confused.
"I have no idea what you're talking about." 6.9
She has absolutely no idea what Sakura thinks she's going to be trying.
Then again, Kirlia isn't the brightest crayon in the box sometimes...

Halae
2012-08-16, 08:53 AM
[Training Grounds]

Terrie nods. Being told it'll make her a better warrior is great! And then she'll set down on the track and start running; given her size and age, she's actually pretty physically fit. A lot of the games she plays with herself and wayward animals out in the forest surrounding watch are quite physical, and while she's not exactly a paragon of physical fitness, she's no wimp either.

Still, being the equivalent of a 6 year old in size and shape doesn't do her top speed any favors.

Morty
2012-08-16, 09:17 AM
[Training Grounds]

Wenomir watches Terrie for a while. Hrm. Not bad. Being a dryad is probably good for one's physical endurance.
"Pretty good. You're already athletic for your age, but we need to work on it anyway. Before you can learn to fight, you need to be quick and strong."
Plus, this sort of exercise is harmless.

Halae
2012-08-16, 09:49 AM
[Training Grounds]

Terrie will come to a stop, huffing and puffing, in front of Wenomir. Harmless or not, she's a bit tuckered out from the running, "Do... what...next?"

Gullara
2012-08-16, 02:28 PM

Sakura giggles a little. "Sorry, I'm used to people knowing what I mean. It's a natural ability I have to control and effect how plants grow."

Meanwhile, Laela doesn't seem to have gotten any happier since they first came outside. In fact, while her mother is distracted talking, she is very looks like she's about to start crying any second.

Morty
2012-08-16, 02:32 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Rest a little. I have another exercise in mind, but you need to be fresh," Wenomir says.

Halae
2012-08-16, 04:41 PM
[Training Grounds]

Terrie sits on the ground, still panting. She's giving this her all, obviously, which should please Wenomir as far as the training goes.

Morty
2012-08-16, 05:30 PM
[Main Gate]

Yazon frowns. Well then, time for business. "Alright, let me open the gate and I can take you to one of our leaders." The dwarf will do just that and guide her toward the tower if there are no protests.

[Main Gate]

There are zero protests.

"Thank you."
And away they can go, with nary more than a prim nod from the girl.

The two can probably meet Wenomir's who's not far away from the entrance.

[Training Grounds]

Wenomir is indeed quite pleased with Terrie. At least she's really eager to train.
"Now that you've rested, I want you to make as many laps around the track as you can. You don't have to run fast - pick a speed that suits you."
This is a test of endurance, not speed.

Mindfreak
2012-08-16, 05:36 PM

Sakura giggles a little. "Sorry, I'm used to people knowing what I mean. It's a natural ability I have to control and effect how plants grow."

Meanwhile, Laela doesn't seem to have gotten any happier since they first came outside. In fact, while her mother is distracted talking, she is very looks like she's about to start crying any second.
Training Grounds
"Oh. That's pretty useful!"
If Laela is seeable, Kirlia does a little wave towards her and gives a friendly smile.
"So I'm guessing you'll need a bit of help from me though. The plant needs a considerable amount of energy to start its growth, it doesn't grow like a regular plant."

Halae
2012-08-16, 06:02 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Right!" Terrie says, getting up to her feet. But, when she starts running around the track again, Wenomir should notice a problem. She's eager, yes, but she has no sense of pacing; immediately, she attempts to go full speed again, and if this continues she's liable to tire herself out very quickly.

Murkus
2012-08-16, 06:06 PM
[Training Grounds - With Beans!]

Adir gives Kirila an offhand smile. "Toldja she was good." Given that he can't much help with the senzu issue, he more easily spots Laela's discontent. "Um, Sakura, Laela doesn't look too happy."

Cliff --> Courtyard

Susurrus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8820870&postcount=88)is crawling down the side of Watchtower's cliff, sending a small cascade of rocks tumbling into the open space below. He moves like some sort of tremendous gecko, though rather than adhering to the wall, he clings to it with four savage sets of claws. His tail thrashes about as he moves, snapping dangerously like a whip.

With one earth-shaking leap, he crashes into the center of the courtyard, crouching on the gravel path a moment before straightening to observe his surroundings. His insides and outsides shift even as he moves, swapping through various methods of locomotion. The huge machine - though few would credit it as such - looks for someone to question.

That is, of course, unless someone happened to be in the security room at the time. They could have spotted him, and subsequently activated the force field surrounding the base. Not everyone knows him or trusts him around here, in fact, he's not certain they remember him at all.

Shadowcaller
2012-08-16, 06:23 PM
[Front Gate]

Justin, to his credit, recognizes the seriousness of the conversation. "I reccomend infiltration and investigation, but they'd probably do that already. That's the only way they'd get any useful info out of them. I don't like how long it would take, but it's smarter." He let's out a sort of heavy sigh, trying to deal with it being out of his hands after this. "Isn't a member of the cult one of yours? Watchtower's, I mean."

[Front Gate]

"Yes, but he haven't been active at all lately. I suspect it's due to the fact his position within the cult is consuming all his free time. He is barely here more at all. Once he is though we are going to have a talk. Whatever his crimes might be, they will come to light, I promise you that Justin." Cessie ensures him.

Cliff --> Courtyard

The force shield isn't activated, but he leap into the courtyard happens to disturb a certain mage who currently were busy reading a book. Forming a shield around herself several fire elementals manifest around her as she get's ready to defend herself from the machine creature. "Stay back, if you come in peace I suggest you choose another way to enter the next time."

Does he look anything like he did the last time he visited Watch?

Gullara
2012-08-16, 06:24 PM
[Training Grounds - With Beans!]

Laela is definitely within sight. Being held in Sakura's arms, in fact. She's too young yet to be moving around on her own.

The dryad blinks and looks down. "Oops. Laela, don't cry." Sakura lifts the baby up in front of her face, only to be met with Laela beginning to cry at full volume. Sakura winces and holds the baby close, bobbing her up and down.

"Adir, I left the baby bag inside and her pacifier's in it. Wanna go grab it?" She says over the high pitched crying. She turns back to Kirila and gives her an apologetic look.

[Main Gate]

"Ah, Wenomir. Got someone here that has some news about something that'd be our concern." Yazon nods toward the girl.

Murkus
2012-08-16, 06:34 PM
Courtyard

"Ah! So you have forgotten me!" Susurrus declares angrily, crouching down to assess Cessie and her powers. He doesn't believe the elementals could do much immediate damage, but he hasn't come for a fight.

His appearance, while constantly shifting, is fairly similar to last time. Same alien jaws, same glowing engine in his gut, same stolen eyes in his huge head. Though there's no rust or weakness of structure - rather than a beaten-down rust heap, He of Many Voices has built himself a grand new form. Fresh steel, glistening bloody muscle, and writhing tendrils of soul energy compliment his terrifying visage. "I didn't think I would be given an audience at all. So I decided to make it a surprise. Now where is the human called KR?"

[Training Ground - With Beans!]

Adir rushes off at her request, returning with the baby bag in short order. He retrieves the pacifier himself, and upon returning, attempts to work it inside Laela's mouth. Or at least offer it to the weeping child. "Here, honey, don't cry."

He flashes Niza an embarrassed smile. They'll get to that mission soon, he swears!

Beans
2012-08-16, 06:38 PM

Adir rushes off at her request, returning with the baby bag in short order. He retrieves the pacifier himself, and upon returning, attempts to work it inside Laela's mouth. Or at least offer it to the weeping child. "Here, honey, don't cry."

He flashes Niza an embarrassed smile. They'll get to that mission soon, he swears!
Niza pouts a little, but cheers a bit as she looks over at the baby!
N'aww, how cute.

Shadowcaller
2012-08-16, 06:43 PM
Courtyard

"Leave our courtyard and I might consider contacting her." The mage replies while pointing at the gate. "You can wait outside the building as right now you're in the way."

Murkus
2012-08-16, 06:48 PM
Courtyard

"No," Susurrus says bluntly, plopping down on his brand new haunches and sitting like a housecat. A giant, terrifying housecat. "Here's fine, for waiting. Please, don't mind me." These people aren't brushing him off again. They can give him straight answers, or he can sun himself in their courtyard well into the next age. "What is it you're reading?"

OrchestraHc
2012-08-16, 07:09 PM
[Front Gate]

"Thank you." Justin stares at the tape as he thinks if he has any more to add. Give to Remnant, take it slowly, get that member. No, that's it. "Here you go," he says, handing it to her. "Good luck, I guess."

Mindfreak
2012-08-16, 07:17 PM
Training Grounds
"It's okay...a baby's a big responsibility! It should obviously come before these plants." she said, rubbing the back of her head awkwardly.

Gullara
2012-08-16, 07:39 PM

Laela accepts the pacifier after a bit of coaxing. Soon enough she's quiet again, undoubtedly much to everyone's relief. "Thanks. She's even cuter when she's not crying." Sakura says to Niza with a little laugh.

"Yeah, she is, and a handful too." Sakura says to Kirila. "Usually she's fine after eating and being changed, though. But I guess she's just in a sour mood today." Realizing she's going off on a tangent, she shifts back to the original topic. "But, ah, I guess we can start looking at those beans now." She glances at Adir. "What are you up to now?"

Mindfreak
2012-08-16, 07:44 PM
Training Grounds
"Well...if you want I can make another bean plant so you can try to control it or whatever. It's a pretty easy process if you know what you're doing.":smallsmile:
She grabs another pot filled with dirt, sitting down cross-legged again.

Murkus
2012-08-16, 11:34 PM
Training Grounds - With Beans!

"Well, I'm gonna take our new recruit Niza here and see if we can't scrounge up a mission," Adir explains. "I'll take care of Laela tonight then, if you want. Give you a little break." At least he can do the bulk of the work.

He glances toward Niza, gesturing towards the Watch building. "Shall we leave them to it?" If so, the two of them will march off into the compound in search of KR, Wenomir, DC, or some other high-ranking member.

Gullara
2012-08-17, 12:17 AM

"Sure. We'll see you later." Sakura gets on her tiptoes to give Adir a little kiss and then waves Laela's hand at him before he leaves with Niza.

"We're probably gonna need to try this a few times at least, so let's go over to the garden and we can plant the there." The dryad suggests while pointing at the aforementioned garden not far off.

Mindfreak
2012-08-17, 05:44 AM
Training Grounds -> Garden
Kirlia nods and will walk over to the garden with the first bean plant.
She'll sit down again and take a bean into her hand from one of the pods she grabbed from the stalk.
"So plant it now?"

Beans
2012-08-17, 06:46 AM
Training Grounds - With Beans!

"Well, I'm gonna take our new recruit Niza here and see if we can't scrounge up a mission," Adir explains. "I'll take care of Laela tonight then, if you want. Give you a little break." At least he can do the bulk of the work.

He glances toward Niza, gesturing towards the Watch building. "Shall we leave them to it?" If so, the two of them will march off into the compound in search of KR, Wenomir, DC, or some other high-ranking member.
Niza nods and follows after him, nodding goodbye to Kirlia!

Gullara
2012-08-17, 02:01 PM
[Garden]

"Sure, just right here will work." Sakura sits down by a empty patch in the garden and deposits Laela on her lap. "So you grow it and I'll try and effect it as it grows."

Mindfreak
2012-08-17, 02:54 PM
Garden
Kirlia waves goodbye to Niza!
Then nods at Sakura.
She makes a small hole and puts the bean inside, before filling back in the hole and placing her palms on both side.
Meanwhile: Little Green the Ralts wakes up! She wanders out of Kirlia's backpack and looks around before noticing Sakura and her child.
It then waddled over and looked at Sakura and her baby with fascination. She had never seen such creatures before!
Now back to the action:
Kirlia's hands glow with a bright red aura as she begins to pour energy into the bean.
"You know, if you want you could place your hand on top of mine and I could borrow a bit of your ki to put into this new plant. Might make it a bit easier for you to control."

Gullara
2012-08-17, 03:11 PM
[Garden]

Laela peers at the Ralts with some interest, but she still looks mildly grumpy for whatever reason. She may be in need of a nap.

"Sure." Sakura places her hand over Kirlia's and focuses on what she's doing. She wonders briefly what ki is, but doesn't expect what Kirlia is about to do to be harmful at all.

Mindfreak
2012-08-17, 03:36 PM
Garden
Sakura will see a pinkish aura gather around her hand and go into the ground as she does so.
She may feel like she just ran for a few minutes too.
Soon, the plant begins growing quickly as the stalk is fully grown first and the beans come later.
Little Green, sensing the child might need a nap thanks to his horn, focuses on the child.
Before waddling closer and sitting next to Sakura.
Little Green didn't know any sleep inducing moves!

Morty
2012-08-17, 03:47 PM
[Wherever DC is]

In yet another timeline, Wenomir goes to look for DC. He looks rather distressed. What's important, is that he's not alone. He's accompanied by a broad-shouldered man in simple, drab clothes that some might recognize as his brother Mścisław. The farmer looks even more disturbed than his brother.

[Training Grounds]

"Alright, stop," Wenomir tells Terrie. "I can see a problem here that we need to fix."

Gullara
2012-08-17, 03:53 PM
[Garden]

When Sakura suddenly feels tired for no reason, she makes an educated guess at what ki means. But for the moment she worries about guiding the plant's growth. It's difficult because the plant grows so fast, but she does her best. "Okay, I'm not sure if that worked cause it grew so fast. Let's test it."

Laela peers over her mom's lap at Little Green. She decides to reach out and try to grab the Ralts' horn, but can't reach. He's too far away and Sakura's hand is keeping her firmly in place.

Darkcomet
2012-08-17, 04:05 PM
[Training Grounds-Shooting Range]

DC happens to be here. Rather than testing any fancy new weapons, he seems to be practicing directing psychokinetic blasts at targets instead. This of course means that it is not quite as noisy as usual and he actually notices people coming his way for once.

He glances over, then just blasts another target. "Am I needed for something?"

Mindfreak
2012-08-17, 04:06 PM
Garden
Little Green looks up at Laela and tries to waddle up closer.
Her curiosity is getting to her!

Kirlia nods and waits.
The beans take at least 10 minutes to start growing, but still grow extremely fast.
"Ugh...it's supposed totake at least a week for the first bean to grow..."

Morty
2012-08-17, 04:12 PM

DC happens to be here. Rather than testing any fancy new weapons, he seems to be practicing directing psychokinetic blasts at targets instead. This of course means that it is not quite as noisy as usual and he actually notices people coming his way for once.

He glances over, then just blasts another target. "Am I needed for something?"

Mścisław appears to be rather intimidated by DC's display of power, but also reassured. Looks like he's as powerful as Wenomir told him, so maybe he will help. Mścisław, for the record, is somewhat shorter than Wenomir, but broad-shouldered. His skin is tanned but his hair is lighter than his brother's. His features are altogether more angular. He's wearing a simple peasant's garb and a wide-brimmed hat.
"Yes, actually. First off, meet my brother, Mścisław. Brother, this is DC, one of my fellow leaders of Watchtower."
"It's an honor, sir," Mścisław says with a nod. Wenomir managed to talk him out of bowing and calling Watchmen "lords" and "ladies".
"The problem we need your help with concerns his son."
"He has started to show strange powers, sir. My brother says they might be... psychic, whatever that means and that you can help."

Gullara
2012-08-17, 04:18 PM
[Garden]

Laela reeeaches as far as her little arms can manage. Unlees Little Green moves out of the way, the baby will grab the horn and giggle delightedly.

"This is gonna be tougher than I thought. We're probably not gonna be able to get it done today." Sakura doesn't want to say, but she's starting to think she might not be able to get it to grow properly at all.

Darkcomet
2012-08-17, 04:38 PM

"Pleasure to meet you. And...that's certainly interesting. I can't claim that our abilities will be exactly the same even if that turns out to be the case, but there should be some similarity." DC seems genuinely curious about it.

"What powers have been shown thus far?"

Mindfreak
2012-08-17, 04:43 PM
Garden
Little Green giggles as well!
This was fun!

Kirlia sighed.
"Ah well, beans that restore your energy are good. Who says we need instantaneously healing beans anyways?"

Morty
2012-08-17, 04:44 PM

"He's been having those terrible headaches," Mścisław explains. "They strike him unexpectedly. One time, during such a headache, he said he needs a glass of water, but when his sister poured him one, it sort of floated to his hand on its own. Scared us something fierce. A few days later, he answered my question before I asked it. That's when Wenomir said he might be psychic."
"Of course, people don't have such powers on our homeworld, so that must be the Nexus affecting the kid," Wenomir adds.

Gullara
2012-08-17, 06:31 PM
[Garden]

"Yeah, we can work on them a little more too. Maybe make them a little more potent." Sakura says. Every little bit helps, even if they can't perfect it.

Laela's grip suddenly slips and she flops over her mother's arm Whoops. Sakura looks down with a broad smile. "Who's this, Laela? Did you make a new friend?"

"Aaaaooa." Laela's probably saying yes. *nodnod*

Mindfreak
2012-08-18, 06:17 AM
Garden
"Yeah!"
Little Green nods!
"Ralts!"*Yup!
Kirlia laughs.
"It seems Little Green has made a friend too."

Gullara
2012-08-18, 11:29 AM
[Garden]

Sakura rights Laela again and turns her to face Little Green. The baby makes gurgling noises and reaches out again, opening and closing her hands.

"So who is this little guy? I don't think I've seen anything like him before." The dryad asks. The Nexus is woefully lacking in Pokemon.

Mindfreak
2012-08-18, 11:45 AM
Garden
Little Green moves closer so she can grab her horn again.
"I don't know. I found her in the forest when me and Niza crashed here so I just brought her with me."

Gullara
2012-08-18, 12:30 PM
[Garden]

Sakura sets Laela on the ground next to little green. The baby wobbles for a moment, but doesn't topple over. Until she reaches to grab at the Ralts again and flops on her side.

"He sure is friendly." Sakura comments. She doesn't look up from smiling down at the two, though.

Darkcomet
2012-08-18, 03:03 PM

"He's been having those terrible headaches," Mścisław explains. "They strike him unexpectedly. One time, during such a headache, he said he needs a glass of water, but when his sister poured him one, it sort of floated to his hand on its own. Scared us something fierce. A few days later, he answered my question before I asked it. That's when Wenomir said he might be psychic."
"Of course, people don't have such powers on our homeworld, so that must be the Nexus affecting the kid," Wenomir adds.

"Yes, those are rather standard signs. Telepathy and telekinesis-reading minds and moving things with your mind, respectively-are often considered the most 'classic' of psychic abilities. Not that new applications for them, especially telekinesis, ever stop coming." DC coughs. "But I'm getting off track. I am not particularly busy at the moment, so if you wish to bring him here for me to examine, or lead me there for the same purpose, feel free."

Halae
2012-08-18, 03:14 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Alright, stop," Wenomir tells Terrie. "I can see a problem here that we need to fix."[Training Grounds]

Terrie slows to a stop, frowning. But she was running so fast! Did she do something wrong? "What is it?" she asks, panting slightly

Morty
2012-08-18, 03:17 PM

The two brothers - the warrior and the farmer - look at each other.
"I'm not particularily keen on separating the child from his family, but I think Watchtower is a better place for the examination of one psychic by another than a farming village."
"Our village is rather unprepared in case something goes wrong," Mścisław reluctantly admits. "We should send Siemko here."

[Training Grounds]

"You ran fast, but without a proper rhythm. If you run that way, you will tire yourself out quickly. The trick is to conserve your strength so it lasts longer. It applies to all physical exercise, including fighting. We'll need to work on that," Wenomir explains.

Mindfreak
2012-08-18, 07:56 PM
[Garden]

Sakura sets Laela on the ground next to little green. The baby wobbles for a moment, but doesn't topple over. Until she reaches to grab at the Ralts again and flops on her side.

"He sure is friendly." Sakura comments. She doesn't look up from smiling down at the two, though.
Garden
Little Green waddles over and tries to help Laela back up.
"Yeah she certainly is."
She smiles down at Little Green.
"How old is your child?"

Gullara
2012-08-18, 08:13 PM
[Garden]

Laela can be helped up very easily. It's just a matter of pushing her upright. The baby giggles and tries to put her hands on Little Green's face.

"She's just over half a year old now." Sakura replies, looking back up at Kirlia at this point.

Mindfreak
2012-08-18, 08:36 PM
Garden
Little Green makes "Pbffffft" sounds as she tries to not get baby hands in her mouth.
She has no idea where they've been!
"Oh? She's so young still...that explains why her power level is so low..."

Gullara
2012-08-18, 10:19 PM
[Garden]

"Power level?" Sakura asks, confused. She's never heard the term before in her life.

Laela doesn't pout her hands in his mouth, but she does give hmi a puuush. It's very unlikely she'll accomplish much, however. She's just so tiny.

Shadowcaller
2012-08-19, 04:26 AM
[Front Gate]

"Thank you." Justin stares at the tape as he thinks if he has any more to add. Give to Remnant, take it slowly, get that member. No, that's it. "Here you go," he says, handing it to her. "Good luck, I guess."

Courtyard

"No," Susurrus says bluntly, plopping down on his brand new haunches and sitting like a housecat. A giant, terrifying housecat. "Here's fine, for waiting. Please, don't mind me." These people aren't brushing him off again. They can give him straight answers, or he can sun himself in their courtyard well into the next age. "What is it you're reading?"

[Front Gate]

The sorceress stares at the construct, now she remembered him. That soul-eating machine from earlier, so he had survived somehow. "If you want to met one of our leaders, I suggest you start to obey our rules while your inside our base or this is going to end up just as last time." She replies. "Outside or we can wait for the rest of watchtower to throw you out there. It's your choice and if you want to met KR on peaceful terms I suggest the earlier. After the last time you really have to understand our attitude." She's rather stubborn here.

Courtyard

"Thank you Justin, but before you go, do you think it would be okay if I and a few other watch members visited GloG under some more peaceful terms now that some time have passed? I really would like to see how everyone is doing after they were freed." Cessie asks.

OrchestraHc
2012-08-19, 04:42 AM
Front Gate

"I can't see any reason why that wouldnt be okay, but I don't actually work for GLoG. I just have a few friends there." Justin's not the type to be in a position of authority. "I don't know the Glog boss personally, but I doubt she'd mind. Glog has an open door policy, so I don't think anyone would be upset if you just came and visited, I do it all the time."

Darkcomet
2012-08-19, 01:52 PM

The two brothers - the warrior and the farmer - look at each other.
"I'm not particularily keen on separating the child from his family, but I think Watchtower is a better place for the examination of one psychic by another than a farming village."
"Our village is rather unprepared in case something goes wrong," Mścisław reluctantly admits. "We should send Siemko here."

DC nods in agreement. "That analysis seems sound. Where do you think we should do this? I'd suggest the prison cells for security's sake, but we don't want to give off the wrong impression."

Morty
2012-08-19, 02:27 PM

"The labs, maybe? They're protected against many things, aren't they?" Considering things both the tower's former and current owners used and still use them for. Mścisław remains silent, since he has nothing to say on the subject.

Chaotic Bob
2012-08-19, 03:58 PM
[Main Gate]

"Ah, Wenomir. Got someone here that has some news about something that'd be our concern." Yazon nods toward the girl.

Said someone continues to be that overly formal girl.
Tucked away behind her back, she keeps fiddling with her fingers, as if not sure what to do with them, as she inclines her head towards Wenomir when he notices them.
"You lead this task force?"

Morty
2012-08-19, 04:00 PM
[Main Gate]

"I am one of the people who lead it, yes. What sort of problem do you have that we need to sort out?" Wenomir asks.
Adir and Niza will find him there as well.

Chaotic Bob
2012-08-19, 05:19 PM
[Main Gate]

The girl spends a likely unnecessary amount of time just looking at Wenomir, in a rather inspective manner.
"I'm am presenting a warning, that your organization's abilities may be needed to quell a risk to your nation. The exact nature of the threat has yet to be wholly determined, but past experience suggests risk of an attempted hostile takeover of the surrounding lands."

Mindfreak
2012-08-19, 06:37 PM
[Garden]

"Power level?" Sakura asks, confused. She's never heard the term before in her life.

Laela doesn't pout her hands in his mouth, but she does give hmi a puuush. It's very unlikely she'll accomplish much, however. She's just so tiny.
Garden
"Oh. Sorry. Power levels are a rating system for how dangerous a creature is base on how much ki it has. A baby of my race has high power levels while other races don't seem to have so much..."
Kirlia blushes. The power level thing wa just a mindless blather on her part.

And Little Green doesn't get pushed much...she's just pretty sturdy.
And Little Green is a girl by the way.

Gullara
2012-08-19, 07:26 PM
[Garden]

I may have been confused as to her gender since I think you made a typo once and I went off that ever since. :smalltongue:

"Oh, okay. Well, Laela definitely isn't dangerous." Sakura says with a silly grin. The dryad herself would have a rather low power level. What small abilities she has are not offensive in nature and she's not very strong.

Laela relents after a moment and tries to put her hand over Little Green's mouth. Apparently it's amusing, as she giggles as she does so.

Murkus
2012-08-19, 11:11 PM
[Front Gate]

The sorceress stares at the construct, now she remembered him. That soul-eating machine from earlier, so he had survived somehow. "If you want to met one of our leaders, I suggest you start to obey our rules while your inside our base or this is going to end up just as last time." She replies. "Outside or we can wait for the rest of watchtower to throw you out there. It's your choice and if you want to met KR on peaceful terms I suggest the earlier. After the last time you really have to understand our attitude." She's rather stubborn here.

"What, you will kill me? Or send me off to the farm again?" Susurrus says, bending down to glare at Cessie more closely. "It's been months, human. I've killed and cleaned thousands of that damnable farmer's animals. I've devoured every bandit, brigand, and thief in a five mile radius." Sus flattens his body against the earth, face uncomfortably close to Cessie, his tail lashing about. "I have a right to know what's going on. Has the human KR built me a generator or not?"

Niza nods and follows after him, nodding goodbye to Kirlia!

[Main Gate]

"I am one of the people who lead it, yes. What sort of problem do you have that we need to sort out?" Wenomir asks.
Adir and Niza will find him there as well.

"Um, hey Wenomir. Am I interrupting anything?" Oh hey, there he is. Likely followed by the MS girl Niza. The stag smiles at the newcomer. "What's this about takeovers?"

Mindfreak
2012-08-20, 08:58 AM
Garden
Little Green tries to put her hand over Laela's mouth as her hand goes over her mouth.

"Well yeah, because she's a baby after all..."
"Not that I mean that she's going to be dangerous or anything!" Kirlia said with a worried look on her face.

Gullara
2012-08-20, 09:09 AM
[Garden]

Sakura laughs a little. "If her dad has anything to say about it she'll be as big a hunter as he is." Kirlia may pick up some faint disapproval from Sakura. The dryad isn't too concerned at the moment, though.

Laela laugh, but it's muffled by Little Green's hands. She leans back and topples right over into Sakura's leg. Whoops.

Mindfreak
2012-08-20, 01:30 PM
Garden
Little Green will help Laela up again.
"Well in my opinion it's always good to give a child some sort of physical hobby. If not hunting, perhaps martial arts or something." she said with a little shrug.
She noticed Sakura's disapproval. She decided to give her own take on the subject.

Gullara
2012-08-20, 04:04 PM
[Garden]

"Yeah, definitely. I'm not too worried about that at the moment. She's still got a long ways to go before she's doing that sort of thing." Sakura helps Laela sits up again as well. The baby is no less gleeful for her tumbles.

Shadowcaller
2012-08-20, 04:15 PM
[Coutyyard]

The mage don't look the least intimidated by his gesture and stares the construct right back in the eyes. "So you just admitted to having hunted down and killed every criminal around here? Could I ask why you thought each one of them deserved to die? Or what their crimes where? Since if you could just eat animals instead, I don't find that excuse even one bit justifiable." She replies. Preaaachy.

"Why don't you explain to me the exact deal of this deal you have with KR first? Considering I think I might vaguely remember what this box was for."

[Front Gate]

"Great, tell Brand, Waterstrider and the others I send them my best wishes. We'll come over some day to visit them." Cessie replies.

OrchestraHc
2012-08-20, 04:30 PM
Front Gate

"Will do. See you soon," Justin says. If he isn't stopped and Cessie has nothing else to say, he'll depart.

Beans
2012-08-20, 04:35 PM
"Um, hey Wenomir. Am I interrupting anything?" Oh hey, there he is. Likely followed by the MS girl Niza. The stag smiles at the newcomer. "What's this about takeovers?"
Niza (http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7034/tek4fe7a6b7b7e224739041.png) smiles at Wenomir and the new person (well, her fellow new person), her leg armor's servos making little whirrs as she bounces on her toes; she lets Adir do the talking for now.

Mindfreak
2012-08-20, 04:44 PM
[Garden]

"Yeah, definitely. I'm not too worried about that at the moment. She's still got a long ways to go before she's doing that sort of thing." Sakura helps Laela sits up again as well. The baby is no less gleeful for her tumbles.
Garden
Kirlia nods in agreement.
"Yeah, I know what you mean. She's still so young."
Kirlia looks up back at Sakura.
"So you have another one on the way?" she asks if Sakura is noticeably pregnant. I think something was said about that but I can't remember >~<

Little Green uses Psychic!
She tries to levitate Laela!

Morty
2012-08-20, 04:44 PM
[Main Gate]

Wenomir turns around a little to see Adir and his new recruit.
"Oh, Adir. Good thing you're here. This lady," he points to the nameless girl, "claims there's some sort of incursion into the Nexus. Sounds like an opportunity for our new recruits to prove themselves. Anyway, please elaborate," he says, turning back to the girl. "Where is it happening? What do you know about it?"

Gullara
2012-08-20, 05:19 PM
[Garden]

Unfortunately, Sakura has a while yet before she's noticeably pregnant. At least a couple months before it's really noticeable. It was mentioned in an OoC post, so not on screen.

"She is. It's supposed to be a while yet before she walks for the first time even." Sakura looks down at Laela... and sees her starting to float. Laela herself suddenly goes quiet. She has no idea what's going on! Her mother very quickly plucks her out of the air and places her on her lap.

"Um, can you tell him to not do that? I don't want her to fall." Sakura doesn't sound angry or too upset, just concerned for her daughter's safety.

FireFox
2012-08-20, 07:35 PM

As Matt arrives at the Training grounds Cessie is waiting for him holding the small clay sculpture of a man under her arm. Behind her is the classic kind of training course with ropes and nets to climb, logs to jump over, net to crawl under and bars to hang in.

"Okay Matthew, the layout is fairly simple here. You're going to completed this course holding this sculpture. You might leave it but you won't finish it until you have taken it through the entire course. If the sculpture is destroyed you have failed and you aren't allowed to fly over, destroy or skip obstacles either. What makes this a bit harder however is that I'm going to send elementals to attempt to destroy the sculpture. You may destroy these elementals but keep in mind you can't attack me, okay?" The mage explains to the paladin before handing him the small clay sculpture. "I might add you also aren't allowed to reinforce the sculpture in any way, unless you create like a shield around it."

Matt takes the sculpture and looks the obstacle course over. It looks easy, but he'll need his free hand to climb. Which means he won't be able to go through the course and fight the elementals with his sword at the same time, unless he stops to wait for them. Assuming classical elementals, he could dodge earth attacks, endure fire and water attacks, and use his wings to shield from air attacks. Scientific elementals are most likely to be similar to earth ones. Toxic gas elementals like fluorine or chlorine would burn his lungs if he took too long in them. A mercury or radioactive elemental would have to be avoided at all costs, requiring a speed run. Matt takes another look at Cessie and decides that she's most likely to only use classical elements. He could take his time, keep the sculpture safe, and endure attacks with his regenerative healing ability. The angel steps forward and nods confidently. I am ready.

Mindfreak
2012-08-20, 07:54 PM
Garden
As soon as Sakura is concerned, Little Green lets Laela float safely into her mother's arms.
She could sense feelings through her horn.
Kirlia scratched her head!
"I'm sorry. I didn't even know she could do that..."
She picked up Little Green.
"Don't do that again, Little Green."

Chaotic Bob
2012-08-20, 10:31 PM
[Main Gate]

The girl surveys the two new arrivals.
Recruits...
"What are they called around here...an eldritch abomination? An entity sitting just beyond this reality, from my world, is taking a vessel to enact its will."

Finger fiddle.
"Although I am unsure of what precisely that will is. Previously it fed on anger simply because hatred was what was available. It may seek to spread or simply spread conflict."
More information, more information...
"It is likely to be a more magical creature, than a physical one."

That should be a basic enough coverage of important information.

Gullara
2012-08-21, 12:32 AM
[Garden]

"That's fine. Nothing happened after all." Sakura bounces Laela a little, much to the baby's delight. "There's a lot more to Little Green than meets the eye I guess."

Mindfreak
2012-08-21, 06:45 AM
Garden
"I guess so..."
Little Green looks up at Kirlia.
And then uses Hypnosis! Making her fall asleep.
"Ralts raaaaaalts Ralts!"*Stop calling me Little Green! =I

Gullara
2012-08-21, 08:13 AM
[Garden]

Sakura blinks in surprise when Kirlia sudden passes out. "Kirlia?" Sakura leans forward to give her shoulder a small shake. "Are you alright?"

Shadowcaller
2012-08-21, 01:03 PM

"Good, now just stand over there and I'll say when you can start." The sorceress replies before letting eldritch force fly her up to the tower in the middle of the training course.

Matt will start in what looks like a large sand box where the first obstacle is a large wooden wall with ropes hanging down from the top of it. "You may start any time you're ready."

FireFox
2012-08-21, 01:15 PM

He wasn't allowed to fly, but he could still use his wings for shielding... and jumping. The angel moves towards the wall, but is surprised by how difficult it is to run through sand. But he quickly makes it to the wall and then beats his wings to help him jump halfway up the wall. He grabs the rope with his free hand, cradling the sculpture to his chest with his other hand, and starts pulling himself up.

Beans
2012-08-21, 01:23 PM
[Main Gate]

Recruits...
"What are they called around here...an eldritch abomination? An entity sitting just beyond this reality, from my world, is taking a vessel to enact its will."

Finger fiddle.
"Although I am unsure of what precisely that will is. Previously it fed on anger simply because hatred was what was available. It may seek to spread or simply spread conflict."

Niza frowns a little, tapping her fingers against her white shoulderplates.
Non-physical sounds like I'd have trouble shooting it... or cutting it...
I don't like that.

Mindfreak
2012-08-21, 03:45 PM
[Garden]

Sakura blinks in surprise when Kirlia sudden passes out. "Kirlia?" Sakura leans forward to give her shoulder a small shake. "Are you alright?"
Garden
Kirlia wakes back up!
"Geez, that was weird..." she said with a yawn.

Darkcomet
2012-08-21, 04:50 PM

"The labs, maybe? They're protected against many things, aren't they?" Considering things both the tower's former and current owners used and still use them for. Mścisław remains silent, since he has nothing to say on the subject.

DC nods. "That analysis is sound. I'll set things up in one of the tower labs." Seeing as those are for general use now, it won't wreck anyone's personal projects.

Morty
2012-08-21, 05:02 PM

Wenomir nods.
"Alright. We'll bring the boy later today or tomorrow. Whichever you prefer."
"Thank you, sir, really. We wouldn't be able to do anything on our own," Mścisław adds.

Halae
2012-08-21, 05:15 PM
[Training Grounds]

"You ran fast, but without a proper rhythm. If you run that way, you will tire yourself out quickly. The trick is to conserve your strength so it lasts longer. It applies to all physical exercise, including fighting. We'll need to work on that," Wenomir explains.[Training Grounds]

Terrie blinks, and looks down at the ground for a moment, thinking, before looking at Wenomir again, "What do 'rhythm' and 'conserve' mean?"

Morty
2012-08-21, 05:26 PM
[Training Grounds]

Wenomir rubs the back of his head. Alright... time to dial down the jargon.
"It means that you must run with a speed that doesn't tire you out quickly. It's better to run a little slower, but longer. The way in which you run also matters."

Gullara
2012-08-21, 05:37 PM
[Garden]

"You're gonna have to teach him to not do that kind of thing to people randomly. I know there are plenty of people around that wouldn't put up with it." Sakura says.

Halae
2012-08-21, 05:55 PM
[Training Grounds]

Terrie thinks for a moment, "But if I go slower, I won't go as far."

Morty
2012-08-21, 06:05 PM
[Training Grounds]

Wenomir decides to take yet another approach.
"Let me put it this way. If you run as fast as you can, you'll get tired. And you won't be able to run at all. If you run more slowly, you'll get tired more slowly as well. It's important to decide how much effort to put into this sort of thing. Sometimes you want to put a lot of effort into one thing, and sometimes you want to save your strength to do more things for a longer time. Are you following me?"

Halae
2012-08-21, 06:19 PM
[Training Grounds]

Terrie tries. She really tries to see his logic. but her child mind just can't seem to grasp the idea of conserving energy.

"No."

Murkus
2012-08-22, 01:47 AM
[Coutyyard]

The mage don't look the least intimidated by his gesture and stares the construct right back in the eyes. "So you just admitted to having hunted down and killed every criminal around here? Could I ask why you thought each one of them deserved to die? Or what their crimes where? Since if you could just eat animals instead, I don't find that excuse even one bit justifiable." She replies. Preaaachy.

"Why don't you explain to me the exact deal of this deal you have with KR first? Considering I think I might vaguely remember what this box was for."

"She had said there would be an alternate power source. If there is none here, I will look for another," Susurrus says, glowering at Cessie, his metal jaw clinking and twitching. It lowers it's voice considerably out've courtesy. "I'll go in there myself, if you don't help me. I'm not going to hurt you. I want what I was promised, or I want out. Watchtower has gotten me nowhere."

Niza (http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7034/tek4fe7a6b7b7e224739041.png) smiles at Wenomir and the new person (well, her fellow new person), her leg armor's servos making little whirrs as she bounces on her toes; she lets Adir do the talking for now.

[Main Gate]

Wenomir turns around a little to see Adir and his new recruit.
"Oh, Adir. Good thing you're here. This lady," he points to the nameless girl, "claims there's some sort of incursion into the Nexus. Sounds like an opportunity for our new recruits to prove themselves. Anyway, please elaborate," he says, turning back to the girl. "Where is it happening? What do you know about it?"

[Main Gate]

Recruits...

Finger fiddle.

Niza frowns a little, tapping her fingers against her white shoulderplates.
Non-physical sounds like I'd have trouble shooting it... or cutting it...
I don't like that.

"Yeah, I'm not sure what all we'd be able to do," Adir attests. He's not the most magical guy. He's hunted magical stuff before, though, so maybe this could work. "But hey, if there's cultists, or something... I mean, is the vessel willing?" They could probly just kill em' then.

Morty
2012-08-22, 09:56 AM
[Main Gate]

"There are ways to shoot and punch immaterial beings into submission," Wenomir says. "It's your decision, really. We can send someone else if you think they'll be better suited to it."

Meanwhile...

[Labs]

Wenomir and his brother are back, and they head straight for the labs. This time they have someone else with them, though. It's a young lad - looks about twelve - dressed in a simple linen shirt and trousers. He's fairly muscular for his age, living on the farm having hardened him even in such early age. His skin is tanned like his father's, but his hair is fairer than that of his father and uncle. He appears to be rather intimidated by the surroundings he found themselves in, even though his father keeps his arm on his shoulder reassuringly.

Darkcomet
2012-08-22, 04:18 PM
[Labs]

The specific lab that awaits them is fairly plain at the moment, a table with two chairs on opposite sides of each other in the middle. This is notable in and of itself-much of the lab has been temporarily cleared, as DC doesn't exactly want any accidents to damage sensitive lab equipment.

Instead, around the table sit four, silvery-glowing cylinders, transparent exteriors exposing the glowing crystalline interiors that give them that silver look. Wires coming from under them lead to a high-tech device under the table. This, not that the observers are aware, is an emergency forcefield generator, set to contain the psychics should anything go wrong.

DC is already occupying one of the seats.

He nods at the new arrival. "Take a seat."

Morty
2012-08-22, 04:34 PM
[Labs]

Wenomir has a good guess as to what the generators are for. He's not educated in this sort of thing, but he has been around various psychics for a long time.
The boy - named Siemko, as DC was told earlier - heads to the chair and sits down obediently. His father and uncle watch from a distance.

Chaotic Bob
2012-08-22, 04:40 PM
[Main Gate]

"Ah, no, that is not what I meant. My apologies, I had intended to say it would not be a martially-oriented opponent. Its host was never a particular physical individual."
Which also answers another question that popped up.

"Theoretically it requires admission into the host, although the means by which that occurs aren't necessarily...blatant. It is probable that it was an accident."
The little girl actually looks a bit uncomfortable at this, reminded of an unpleasant memory.

Mindfreak
2012-08-22, 04:55 PM
[Garden]

"You're gonna have to teach him to not do that kind of thing to people randomly. I know there are plenty of people around that wouldn't put up with it." Sakura says.
Garden
Kirlia gives Sakura a strange look.
"Um, teach who not to do that?"

Gullara
2012-08-22, 07:21 PM
[Garden]

"Oh. Well, Little Green looked right at you when you suddenly fell asleep. With what she did before, I thought she did that too." Sakura replies, looking a bit puzzled now.

Mindfreak
2012-08-23, 05:12 PM
Garden
"Oh. You meant Little Green. You said he so I had no idea who you're talking about. Cause there isn't any males around us." =I
"But yeah, she probably did it. She can be angry sometimes."
Kirlia gets confused easily.

Gullara
2012-08-23, 05:54 PM
[Garden]

Apparently Sakura's player is as easily confused as Kirlia. :smalltongue:

"Oh, whoops." Sakura looks down at the pokemon. "Well hopefully she'll learn not to, then." She says. Laela meanwhile, grabs at Sakura's dress and tugs a little for absolutely no reason at all.

Morty
2012-08-23, 05:56 PM
[Main Gate]

"Ah, no, that is not what I meant. My apologies, I had intended to say it would not be a martially-oriented opponent. Its host was never a particular physical individual."
Which also answers another question that popped up.

"Theoretically it requires admission into the host, although the means by which that occurs aren't necessarily...blatant. It is probable that it was an accident."
The little girl actually looks a bit uncomfortable at this, reminded of an unpleasant memory.

"Hm. Well, that sounds more like something Adir and his two recruits could handle. We probably shouldn't take too much time debating it, though... we need to decide who to dispatch quickly and do it," Wenomir observes.

Ashen Lilies
2012-08-24, 04:31 PM
[Garden]

"'Aren't any males around us', not 'isn't any males around us'. That's simply incorrect grammar." Says a certain cat, suddenly appearing from behind Kirlia's legs, which he circles.
"And we don't want to have incorrect grammar now, do we? The kid might pick it up."

Murkus
2012-08-24, 06:37 PM
Main Gate

"Arright, well, where is it? Should we just go shoot em' up or what?" Adir asks, pleased with the chance to go on a mission that actually helps Watchtower's goals.

Beans
2012-08-24, 07:15 PM
[Main Gate]

"There are ways to shoot and punch immaterial beings into submission," Wenomir says. "It's your decision, really. We can send someone else if you think they'll be better suited to it."

Niza frowns.
I... think I can manage... is there any more info on the target or is that all we've got?

Mindfreak
2012-08-24, 08:16 PM
[Garden]

Apparently Sakura's player is as easily confused as Kirlia. :smalltongue:

"Oh, whoops." Sakura looks down at the pokemon. "Well hopefully she'll learn not to, then." She says. Laela meanwhile, grabs at Sakura's dress and tugs a little for absolutely no reason at all.
Garden
Little Green climbs into Kirlia's lap.
"Eh, I think she might have just been a little angry about something. First time I've seen her do it."

Chaotic Bob
2012-08-24, 10:39 PM
[Main Gate]

Hey, there's the important question!
"Where is it?"

Also an unfortunately unstable question.
The girl isn't particularly sure.
"She was last seen slipping into a small pocket portal down in that city nearby. Likely for processing into a proper host.
I am...not precisely sure where she is beyond that. My purpose here was primarily to forewarn and gauge your capability. Time is short and I would hate to have wasted hopes."
Which brings to bear an immediate concern.

"I would hope that any plan extends beyond 'shoot 'em up'."

Shadowcaller
2012-08-25, 07:10 AM

He wasn't allowed to fly, but he could still use his wings for shielding... and jumping. The angel moves towards the wall, but is surprised by how difficult it is to run through sand. But he quickly makes it to the wall and then beats his wings to help him jump halfway up the wall. He grabs the rope with his free hand, cradling the sculpture to his chest with his other hand, and starts pulling himself up.

As Matt is heaving himself up the wall he can feel very warm wind brush past him, quickly growing stronger as he climbs up to the top of the wall. On the other side he will need to jump down to one of four platforms on poles. Near these are twelve ropes hanging in four lines which lead over to another four platforms.

To reach the other end it looks like Matt will need to swing himself over from rope to rope until he get over to the other platforms. Meanwhile however he might notice what is now following him.

It looks like a miniature tornado that somehow have swept up an miniature forest fire. Like the combination between an air elemental and a fire elemental and right now it's coming right towards him.

[Coutyyard]

The sorceress blinks. "Do you think I'm afraid of you?" She states, looking outraged for a moment. "I'm not sure of mind you are, but I assure you that's not the case. I'm going to ask KR if she wants anything to do with you right now and if she says no, you're going to leave. Is that clear?" Cessie asks while staring defiantly back into his eyes.

FireFox
2012-08-25, 10:05 AM

Once he sees the approaching elemental, Matt wastes no time leaping down to the platform and making his way across the ropes. He carefully sticks the statue in his mouth so he can use both hands in order to get across before the elemental arrives. He can berate himself for not anticipating combined elements later.

Darkcomet
2012-08-25, 12:03 PM
[Labs]

Wenomir has a good guess as to what the generators are for. He's not educated in this sort of thing, but he has been around various psychics for a long time.
The boy - named Siemko, as DC was told earlier - heads to the chair and sits down obediently. His father and uncle watch from a distance.

"I'm told you've been having headaches and showing unusual abilities as of late. Could you describe how all of it went in detail, from your perspective?" DC asks. It's important to see how he tells it, after all.

Morty
2012-08-25, 12:24 PM
[Labs]

Siemko swallows. It's all really scary to him. His powers, this place, the man in front of him... but he obeys nonetheless.
"It started two weeks ago, sir. My first headache happened when I got really angry after one of our chickens ran away and I had to chase it to the river. The next one happened two days later while I was asleep. And then again every two or three days. Two days ago I asked my sister for a glass of water and she poured me one. But I... reached for it before she was close enough, and it floated into my hand. I didn't know what I'd done until I drank the water. And my sister kinda ran away screaming. And when my father asked me what had happened, I... heard his question in my head before he opened his mouth."

Zefir
2012-08-25, 12:32 PM
[Main Room]

Since the attack isn't going much futher Mia arrived back at Watchtower. Since things are going without much Apocalypse she takes the time to clean MDM.

Murkus
2012-08-25, 01:05 PM
[Coutyyard]

The sorceress blinks. "Do you think I'm afraid of you?" She states, looking outraged for a moment. "I'm not sure of mind you are, but I assure you that's not the case. I'm going to ask KR if she wants anything to do with you right now and if she says no, you're going to leave. Is that clear?" Cessie asks while staring defiantly back into his eyes.

"Fear is quite natural in your species. If you aren't afraid of a thing like me, well... there might be something wrong with you," Susurrus drawls, straightening into that housecat-esque pose again. He looks down at her imperiously, but respectfully. "In any case, that's very clear. Please, call her."

Morty
2012-08-25, 04:23 PM
[Training Grounds]

Terrie tries. She really tries to see his logic. but her child mind just can't seem to grasp the idea of conserving energy.

"No."

Wenomir sighs and rubs the back of his head. "Let's try again... slowly. Do you notice that you tire out faster when you run quickly?"

Halae
2012-08-25, 04:24 PM
[Training Grounds]

Terrie thinks for a moment. That did happen, didn't it? "Yeah."

Morty
2012-08-25, 04:34 PM
[Training Grounds]

Wenomir crouches so his head is more or less on the same level as Terrie's. "Right. And if you get too tired, you can't run. And you want to run until you get where you're going, yes?"

Halae
2012-08-25, 04:52 PM
[Training Grounds]

Terrie thinks, "So... if I run slow, I run further."

Morty
2012-08-25, 04:56 PM
[Training Grounds]

Wenomir nods.
"If you know how to do it right, yes. When you need to cover a short distance quickly, you can run at your top speed. When you need to run farther, you should run more slowly."

Darkcomet
2012-08-26, 02:56 AM
[Labs]

"Yes, that fits with what's been established. Not to mention my own experience. You see...it seems you and I are alike." DC holds up a hand. Without the usual flashy aura that usually pops up when he uses his more forceful telekinesis, a baseball-sized black orb floats out of a jacket pocket and into his hand.

"What you've described is similar to how my own abilities developed, though thankfully it is far calmer than what I had." DC doesn't elaborate, of course, not wanting to intimidate the boy further.

"What we're here for is simple. I'm to examine you, get an idea of how your abilities will develop, and make sure they do so smoothly. Does that sound acceptable?"

The psychic is treating the situation with far more caution and tact than he usually does when dealing with people. Perhaps he honestly doesn't want someone else ending up like him, or it's simply pragmatic in that an agitated developing psychic is rather dangerous.

Shadowcaller
2012-08-26, 09:39 AM
[Coutyyard]

"If you think you know so much about 'my species' perhaps you should consider another approach next time?" Cessie replies with a raised eyebrow as she finally decided to contact KR.

KR? Do you remember that soul eating machine creature we threw out from watch some time ago? Well, he is back and he likes to learn the progress of the machine he claims you build him.

"There, I contacted her. As for your information I'm not scared of you since I have encountered countless of beings in the same general theme as yours. I have got used to it. There is nothing 'wrong' with me, my 'species' is just rather adaptable." She informs the machine being.

As he makes his way over to the other side there is a large earth elemental there with several arms all reaching out for the incoming angel while the combined elemental is quickly catching up from behind.

He might notice that the elementals seem to be trying to avoid damaging the training course however considering how the air/fire elemental is flying.

Morty
2012-08-26, 10:31 AM
[Labs]

"Yes, that fits with what's been established. Not to mention my own experience. You see...it seems you and I are alike." DC holds up a hand. Without the usual flashy aura that usually pops up when he uses his more forceful telekinesis, a baseball-sized black orb floats out of a jacket pocket and into his hand.

"What you've described is similar to how my own abilities developed, though thankfully it is far calmer than what I had." DC doesn't elaborate, of course, not wanting to intimidate the boy further.

"What we're here for is simple. I'm to examine you, get an idea of how your abilities will develop, and make sure they do so smoothly. Does that sound acceptable?"

The psychic is treating the situation with far more caution and tact than he usually does when dealing with people. Perhaps he honestly doesn't want someone else ending up like him, or it's simply pragmatic in that an agitated developing psychic is rather dangerous.

"Yes, sir. Thank you, sir. I don't want my head to blow up, sir."
Now where did he get that idea?

Darkcomet
2012-08-26, 12:32 PM
[Labs]

DC raises an eyebrow. "...Before we start, where did you get the idea that your head might explode? That's never been a hazard for me."

Morty
2012-08-26, 12:38 PM
[Labs]

"Other kids in the village said that psychics' heads explode when they do something wrong, sir," Siemko says meekly.

Darkcomet
2012-08-27, 12:02 PM
[Labs]

"Ah. Well, I can assure you that I have never been at risk of my head exploding, though I'm sure you can agree that some of the headaches can make it feel like that might be about to happen." DC doesn't mention that some varieties of psychic might actually hold that risk. No need to make him more uncomfortable.

"Anyway, onto the important part. This may feel odd, but just relax." The senior psychic focuses, attempting a sort of mind scan on Siemko-not really a mind reading attempt so much as trying to get an idea of what condition he's in right now.

Morty
2012-08-27, 02:04 PM
[Labs]

DC will find that Siemko's brain is that of a developing psychic. It exhibits abnormal activity, but it's unfocused. It seems there are many ways in which this activity could be directed. As far as its potential goes, Siemko could possibly become a moderately powerful psychic. He'll probably never reach DC's level of power.

Murkus
2012-08-27, 02:49 PM
[Coutyyard]

"If you think you know so much about 'my species' perhaps you should consider another approach next time?" Cessie replies with a raised eyebrow as she finally decided to contact KR.

KR? Do you remember that soul eating machine creature we threw out from watch some time ago? Well, he is back and he likes to learn the progress of the machine he claims you build him.

"There, I contacted her. As for your information I'm not scared of you since I have encountered countless of beings in the same general theme as yours. I have got used to it. There is nothing 'wrong' with me, my 'species' is just rather adaptable." She informs the machine being.

"Tell yourself whatever you like. Fear of that which is stronger is a powerful survival mechanism," Susurrus says, bending down in his seated position like some grotesque sphinx. His tail thrashes about restlessly. "If you've 'adapted' out of fear, I daresay you've doomed yourself. Especially considering what this organization is sworn to combat. Fear is rather healthy, given the circumstances."

[Main Gate]

Hey, there's the important question!
"Where is it?"

Also an unfortunately unstable question.
The girl isn't particularly sure.
"She was last seen slipping into a small pocket portal down in that city nearby. Likely for processing into a proper host.
I am...not precisely sure where she is beyond that. My purpose here was primarily to forewarn and gauge your capability. Time is short and I would hate to have wasted hopes."
Which brings to bear an immediate concern.

"I would hope that any plan extends beyond 'shoot 'em up'."

"Well, honey, you're not giving us enough," Adir explains gently, raising his eyebrows at her. "What do you want us to do here? Investigate? Form a perimeter? Go after her? What?"

Shadowcaller
2012-08-27, 03:03 PM
[Coutyyard]

"For someone asking for help you're not being very humble about it. It turns out you don't know very much about my species if you expect us to help you with that attitude. You have no idea which one of us that is more powerful and if fear is so healthy, do you feel it yourself?" The sorceress asks with an raised eyebrow, not moving an inch while the elementals swarm around her.

Murkus
2012-08-27, 03:27 PM
Courtyard

"I have been very accommodating these last few months. Very humble. I will speak my mind, now," Susurrus vows, not caring for anyone else's thoughts on the matter. He makes no comment on who is more powerful - he believes it to be himself, obviously. "I feel no fear. In that way, perhaps, I am flawed. I merely understand how it effects you."

Chaotic Bob
2012-08-28, 05:16 AM
[Main Gate]

Not enough, not enough...
The girl plays with her fingers for a moment, considering.

She was being somewhat vague, she supposes. Primarily due to the level of ignorance she possessed in this situation as well, but part of it is just habit. Ugly habit, really, need to break it.

Alright. Let's be a little more blunt.
"You are not obligated, of course, to do anything. This is not technically a hiring or royal decree, but a good faith warning. You are one of three groups being approached as a act against the situation. Old heroes, a military, and yourselves on a recommendation. I do not know who would be best for the job, so everyone is being given the choice.

You can leave the issue to the others, if you so choose, or seek it out and offer support if they do the same. Or maybe your group has a fail-safe for situations like this, I do not know, hence why I am here."
The basic situation. That is what he desired, yes? It's been so long since she's had to perform a briefing, the girl is sure she's forgetting more.

"She has a last-known position, if you choose to help, but I cannot guarantee that she will reappear there. If you have mages, I can offer the energy to look out for and the promise that a spike in such will be her herald, but that is the best I can do.
Beyond that...
I feel safe in saying 'do what needs to be done'. I am unsure what you would investigate, beyond the need to find where she'll appear, and...do whatever seems best. Detain, incapacitate, or terminate.""
Don't don't have to "terminate" her.

The girl sighs. Terrible thought as always.
"I am terrible disorganized today. What else would be useful to know?
Ah, the previous decisively effective weapon was a spell of harmony. Before that bindings had been employed. These are the only nonlethal means I know."
She has spewed a lot of words out here, in her haste to get her point across.
What else did she miss?

Darkcomet
2012-08-28, 12:47 PM
[Labs]

DC will find that Siemko's brain is that of a developing psychic. It exhibits abnormal activity, but it's unfocused. It seems there are many ways in which this activity could be directed. As far as its potential goes, Siemko could possibly become a moderately powerful psychic. He'll probably never reach DC's level of power.

"Hm. You have potential, certainly, though you likely won't become as powerful as some do. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, as greater power often comes with greater drawbacks." DC pauses and thinks for a moment before continuing.

"What you need is direction. Leaving one to uncover all their abilities on their own is a recipe for disaster. I should know, that's what happened to me. I can't say I've been an instructor in this manner before, but it'd be better than nothing, unless your relatives wish to find another...?" He glances over at Wenomir and Mścisław, posing that as a question to them.

Morty
2012-08-28, 12:54 PM
[Labs]

"I don't know any psychics and I couldn't tell a good one from a bad one," Mścisław admits. "In these matters, I'm going to rely on my brother's experience."
Wenomir shakes his head.
"There's no psychic I trust more than you. So if you're willing to teach him, I'd rather it was you," he says.

Gullara
2012-08-28, 01:21 PM
Garden
Little Green climbs into Kirlia's lap.
"Eh, I think she might have just been a little angry about something. First time I've seen her do it."

[Garden]

Sakura nods. She won't worry, then. "So how do you think she does it? I don't think I've seen anything like that myself." Not that she's surprised. She's lived in the Nexus too long to be surprised by something that small. "You know, when she lifted Laela, it reminded me of DC's psychic powers."

Darkcomet
2012-08-29, 02:23 PM
[Labs]

"Very well, then." DC turns back to Siemko. "Training you for that will take far more time than we have in this simple meeting, but I'd like you to try something all the same." He moves the orb he pulled out earlier under the table, and when he moves his arm back he's no longer holding it, and instead has a more normal, white ball, about baseball-sized, which is more or less the same as the black orb in size.

Keen observers will see that the white one just appeared out of nowhere under the table, summoned from the black orb's extradimensional storage. The black one was then telekinetically pulled back into the psychic's pocket.

DC now places that white ball on the table, in the middle. "Psychics exert their will on the world around them, so I want you to lift that into the air. You've done this kind of thing before, as you said, and it's called telekinesis. I'll demonstrate." He focuses, and the ball floats up, and back down to the table gently. "If it's difficult, gestures help some psychics focus, like this." This time, he points at it and raises his arm-the ball doing much the same as it did before. He lowers it afterward.

"Now, you try."

Morty
2012-08-29, 02:36 PM
[Labs]

Siemko extends his hand. At first he's not sure what to do, so he tries to remember what he did when the glass of water floated to him. He wanted to grab it, and... he did. It was just like reaching out with his hand, only his mind became an extension of his body. He decides to visualize it this way, moving his hand slightly as though he was grabbing the ball and lifting it. The ball rises slightly into the air, and Siemko's eyes widen. A tentative smile appears on his face.

Mindfreak
2012-08-30, 06:54 AM
[Garden]

Sakura nods. She won't worry, then. "So how do you think she does it? I don't think I've seen anything like that myself." Not that she's surprised. She's lived in the Nexus too long to be surprised by something that small. "You know, when she lifted Laela, it reminded me of DC's psychic powers."
Garden
"Maybe she's some sort of Pyschic creature then..."
"Ralts Ralts rallllts."*Pokemon actually.
Kirlia picked Little Green back up and let her rest in her arms, which was Little Green's favorite place to be.

Morty
2012-08-30, 07:14 AM
[Main Gate]

Not enough, not enough...
The girl plays with her fingers for a moment, considering.

She was being somewhat vague, she supposes. Primarily due to the level of ignorance she possessed in this situation as well, but part of it is just habit. Ugly habit, really, need to break it.

Alright. Let's be a little more blunt.
"You are not obligated, of course, to do anything. This is not technically a hiring or royal decree, but a good faith warning. You are one of three groups being approached as a act against the situation. Old heroes, a military, and yourselves on a recommendation. I do not know who would be best for the job, so everyone is being given the choice.

You can leave the issue to the others, if you so choose, or seek it out and offer support if they do the same. Or maybe your group has a fail-safe for situations like this, I do not know, hence why I am here."
The basic situation. That is what he desired, yes? It's been so long since she's had to perform a briefing, the girl is sure she's forgetting more.

"She has a last-known position, if you choose to help, but I cannot guarantee that she will reappear there. If you have mages, I can offer the energy to look out for and the promise that a spike in such will be her herald, but that is the best I can do.
Beyond that...
I feel safe in saying 'do what needs to be done'. I am unsure what you would investigate, beyond the need to find where she'll appear, and...do whatever seems best. Detain, incapacitate, or terminate.""
Don't don't have to "terminate" her.

The girl sighs. Terrible thought as always.
"I am terrible disorganized today. What else would be useful to know?
Ah, the previous decisively effective weapon was a spell of harmony. Before that bindings had been employed. These are the only nonlethal means I know."
She has spewed a lot of words out here, in her haste to get her point across.
What else did she miss?

Wenomir shrugs and turns to Adir.
"I think you ought to go, Adir. It seems serious enough to warrant Watchtower's involvement. If it seems too much for you and our newest recruits to handle, you can call for backup."

Gullara
2012-08-30, 08:04 AM
[Garden]

"I never really thought anything but people could do that, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised." Sakura says, looking at the pokemon. Laela, meanwhile, is starting to look tired. Looks like she's played out, but at least she's not grumpy anymore.

Darkcomet
2012-08-30, 02:58 PM
[Labs]

Siemko extends his hand. At first he's not sure what to do, so he tries to remember what he did when the glass of water floated to him. He wanted to grab it, and... he did. It was just like reaching out with his hand, only his mind became an extension of his body. He decides to visualize it this way, moving his hand slightly as though he was grabbing the ball and lifting it. The ball rises slightly into the air, and Siemko's eyes widen. A tentative smile appears on his face.

DC nods to himself. "That's an excellent start. Now, try to set it down gently rather than dropping it."