PDA

View Full Version : [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 15: New and Improved!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Morty
2012-08-30, 05:40 PM
[Labs]

Siemko nods slowly and attempts to do just that. The ball floats down, but just as it reaches the ground, it drops. The boy is breathing heavily.
"It's tiring, sir," he says.

Murkus
2012-08-30, 05:46 PM
Main Gate

"Arright, arright. We'll check out the last-known location. Do some looking around," Adir relents, smiling mildly. "I'd prefer to have a mage along on this, if we can spare one. Should help tracking down this... thing?"

He glances toward Niza and says, "Do you think we can handle this, or should we grab your friend Kirila too?"

Chaotic Bob
2012-08-30, 09:35 PM
[Main Gate]

Oh good, acceptance.

While they're preparing that then, the girl begins to hum and focus.
Might as well get their directions to the Last Known Location ready.

Mindfreak
2012-08-31, 06:12 AM
[Garden]

"I never really thought anything but people could do that, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised." Sakura says, looking at the pokemon. Laela, meanwhile, is starting to look tired. Looks like she's played out, but at least she's not grumpy anymore.
Garden
Kirlia nods in agreement and looks down at Little Green, who was quickly falling asleep herself.
"Oh...I should probably bring Little Green back to our room..."

Gullara
2012-08-31, 08:06 AM
[Garden]

"Heh, I think Laela's up for a nap too. Looks like I'll have a chance to get a few things done." Sakura stands, careful not to jostle Laela. "It was nice talking to you, Kirlia."

Darkcomet
2012-08-31, 02:51 PM
[Labs]

Siemko nods slowly and attempts to do just that. The ball floats down, but just as it reaches the ground, it drops. The boy is breathing heavily.
"It's tiring, sir," he says.

DC seems to think about it for a moment. "That will be enough for now, then, I think. You've managed to obtain some control over it, which is good, considering you did not do it deliberately before. I imagine you'll gain more endurance with it in time."

Morty
2012-08-31, 03:54 PM
[Labs]

"Thank you, sir. I hope so," Siemko says, wiping the sweat off his brow.

Wenomir and Mścisław are talking quietly in the background.

The Bushranger
2012-08-31, 09:36 PM
Shawna, meanwhile, the INVASION having been successfully THWARTED, heads in the direction of the KITCHEN, seeking SANDVICH.

Mindfreak
2012-09-01, 06:57 AM
[Garden]

"Heh, I think Laela's up for a nap too. Looks like I'll have a chance to get a few things done." Sakura stands, careful not to jostle Laela. "It was nice talking to you, Kirlia."
Garden -> Her Room -> Kitchen
Kirlia smiled.
"It was nice talking to you too, Sakura.":smallsmile:
She gave a nod for a goodbye and then walked to her room, where she laid Little Green down on the bed and then?
Then she began wandering around WATCH, somehow ending up in the kitchen.
She begins poking around curiously.
"So this is what they use to prepare food here..."

Gullara
2012-09-01, 10:33 AM
[Garden => Adir and Sakura's Room]

Sakura heads off herself and lays Laela down for a nap. With any luck she'll get a few hours of sleep .

Beans
2012-09-02, 11:14 AM
Main Gate

"Arright, arright. We'll check out the last-known location. Do some looking around," Adir relents, smiling mildly. "I'd prefer to have a mage along on this, if we can spare one. Should help tracking down this... thing?"

He glances toward Niza and says, "Do you think we can handle this, or should we grab your friend Kirila too?"

It'd probably be smart to take her along, yeah...
Niza nods, wondering where they left Kirlia again.

Darkcomet
2012-09-02, 03:35 PM
[Labs]

"Thank you, sir. I hope so," Siemko says, wiping the sweat off his brow.

Wenomir and Mścisław are talking quietly in the background.

DC gets up and walks over to the two. "I'd say this has gone rather well. He's not exactly me, but there's definitely potential, and he's showing some ability to consciously control it."

Morty
2012-09-02, 03:48 PM
[Labs]

Mścisław nods, visibly relieved.
"I'm glad to hear it. That means my son's talents are more of a gift than a curse." He extends a hand to DC. "Thank you."
Wenomir, meanwhile, rubs his chin.
"I suppose he will require extended education, though."

Ashen Lilies
2012-09-02, 07:13 PM
KR? Do you remember that soul eating machine creature we threw out from watch some time ago? Well, he is back and he likes to learn the progress of the machine he claims you build him.

[B]Send him up to my lab. Is the simple reply. KR's tone or thoughts give no indication of what KR is thinking or whether she is surprised or not.

Shadowcaller
2012-09-03, 04:22 AM
Courtyard

"I have been very accommodating these last few months. Very humble. I will speak my mind, now," Susurrus vows, not caring for anyone else's thoughts on the matter. He makes no comment on who is more powerful - he believes it to be himself, obviously. "I feel no fear. In that way, perhaps, I am flawed. I merely understand how it effects you."

Courtyard==> KR's Lab

"Perhaps? Perhaps you should attempt to improve that attitude of yours next time you ask someone for something. KR will see you now in her lab but don't expect her help if you continue to act so snooty." Cessie replies. "I'll take you there, just follow me." And with that the sorceress will lead him down to KR's lab.

Murkus
2012-09-03, 02:10 PM
Courtyard --> KR's Lab

Susurrus does not respond, merely follows along behind Cessie. Astonishingly, he squeezes his bulk through the front entrance easily enough. His body seems to be quite malleable, and he almost slithers through Watchtower's halls, clinging to the floor or walls on occasion with his scything claws.

Darkcomet
2012-09-04, 02:05 PM
[Labs]

Mścisław nods, visibly relieved.
"I'm glad to hear it. That means my son's talents are more of a gift than a curse." He extends a hand to DC. "Thank you."
Wenomir, meanwhile, rubs his chin.
"I suppose he will require extended education, though."

DC shakes Mścisław's hand. "You're welcome. I'm quite glad to assist with this-psychic development gone wrong is one of the worst things that can to happen to a person." Then he turns to Wenomir. "Likely, though I am not opposed to the idea. The main issue would be fitting it in with my schedule." He has a business to run, after all.

Morty
2012-09-04, 02:11 PM
[Labs]

"That can be worked with, but it probably would mean he'd have to live here, as we just talked about with my brother."
"There's some distance between my village and this place, and no doubt your business is conducted somewhere else entirely. Besides... if something happened, this fortress is much better equipped to deal with it than Mattock Hill," Mścisław adds.

[Path to Watchtower ==> Courtyard]

In another timeline, Wenomir is walking up to the base. However, he's looking quite a bit different.

The first thing that will likely catch everyone's attention is his eyes. Instead of the solid red pupil-less ones everyone is used to, his eyes are now normal, with irises the color of dark brown.

Apart from that, his skin looks somewhat different as well. He's still pale, but now the paleness is natural, instead of having an unlealthy greyish hue. It can be seen now that he has a naturally dark complexion that was kept pale by his mutation.

Finally, his hair is a little bit lighter now. It's unnoticeable for someone who doesn't know him very well.

Upon entering the base, he goes to look for KR first, since she's the first person he wants to show himself to after the change.

Darkcomet
2012-09-06, 05:42 PM
[Labs]

DC frowns. "That would probably be for the best in this situation, though I am somewhat hesitant to have children on-base. It also begs the question of who is to serve as a caretaker."

Morty
2012-09-08, 01:26 PM
[Labs]

Wenomir shrugs.
"I can do it. I'm not as bad with children as I look. I should manage to keep him out of trouble."

Ashen Lilies
2012-09-09, 11:33 AM
Courtyard==> KR's Lab

"Perhaps? Perhaps you should attempt to improve that attitude of yours next time you ask someone for something. KR will see you now in her lab but don't expect her help if you continue to act so snooty." Cessie replies. "I'll take you there, just follow me." And with that the sorceress will lead him down to KR's lab.

Courtyard --> KR's Lab

Susurrus does not respond, merely follows along behind Cessie. Astonishingly, he squeezes his bulk through the front entrance easily enough. His body seems to be quite malleable, and he almost slithers through Watchtower's halls, clinging to the floor or walls on occasion with his scything claws.

[KR's Lab]

Cessie and Susurrus will find KR's lab as described in the OP. KR herself is in a chair, looking thoughtful. While the chair faces the door, she does not look up or seem to acknowledge the pair in any way as they enter.

[Path to Watchtower ==> Courtyard]

In another timeline, Wenomir is walking up to the base. However, he's looking quite a bit different.

The first thing that will likely catch everyone's attention is his eyes. Instead of the solid red pupil-less ones everyone is used to, his eyes are now normal, with irises the color of dark brown.

Apart from that, his skin looks somewhat different as well. He's still pale, but now the paleness is natural, instead of having an unlealthy greyish hue. It can be seen now that he has a naturally dark complexion that was kept pale by his mutation.

Finally, his hair is a little bit lighter now. It's unnoticeable for someone who doesn't know him very well.

Upon entering the base, he goes to look for KR first, since she's the first person he wants to show himself to after the change.

[Library]

KR can be found at the back of the library, browsing books on stuff that would likely make Wenomir's brain explode if he tried to comprehend it. Or at the very least give him a mild headache. Its effect on KR, at least, is to make her not notice his entrance as he walks in, or any of the changes that have occurred.
HAHA! ACTION SUCCESSFULLY DODGED! THE IMPETUS TO CONTINUE THE SCENE IS ON YOU, MORTFACE!

Morty
2012-09-09, 11:43 AM
[Library]

"Hey there, dear," Wenomir says as he enters. He doesn't say anything other than that - he wants her to see his new looks for herself. He realizes it's not very mature of him, but he of all people can be excused for being silly every once for a while.

Murkus
2012-09-09, 10:43 PM
[KR's Lab]

Cessie and Susurrus will find KR's lab as described in the OP. KR herself is in a chair, looking thoughtful. While the chair faces the door, she does not look up or seem to acknowledge the pair in any way as they enter.

Sus squeezes into the room, hunkers down, and falls silent. His many eyes fall on KR, but he doesn't pester her, shockingly enough. She knows what he wants. Whether she has it or not is yet to be determined.

Shadowcaller
2012-09-10, 08:26 AM
[KR's Lab]

"KR, I believe you're familiar with Susurrus." She introduces the machine-creature as she enters the lab. "He claims you promised something to him which I hope you can verify."

Ashen Lilies
2012-09-10, 06:11 PM
[Library]

No! No excuses! Wenomir must be serious at all times! At ALL TIMES.
"Dear?" KR looks up, smiling in slight surprise as she looks Wenomir over.
"How... how do you feel?"

[KR's Lab]

"Over there." Says KR without looking up, jerking a thumb towards a corner of her lab. If Sus looks in the indicated direction, he'll see a small round device gathering cobwebs, lost amongst a veritable pile of other long abandoned projects and debris.
"Take it and get out. I have more important things to deal with."

KR rolls her chair over to a nearby desk, where she has what looks suspiciously like an X-Box opened up, parts spilling all across the table surface to provide her access to its innards.

Morty
2012-09-10, 06:15 PM
[Library]

Wenomir touches his face as he walks up closer to KR, also smiling.
"It's funny. I knew you and other people would ask me that and I thought about it on my way here, but it's actually hard to tell. I know I felt different before, but I can't remember what it was like... if you know what I mean."

Murkus
2012-09-10, 09:22 PM
[KR's Lab]

"Over there." Says KR without looking up, jerking a thumb towards a corner of her lab. If Sus looks in the indicated direction, he'll see a small round device gathering cobwebs, lost amongst a veritable pile of other long abandoned projects and debris.
"Take it and get out. I have more important things to deal with."

KR rolls her chair over to a nearby desk, where she has what looks suspiciously like an X-Box opened up, parts spilling all across the table surface to provide her access to its innards.

Susurrus slips forward and plucks the thing out. He glances over the pile briefly before turning around. Good gods, this woman makes make Finbar Calamitous look tame. To ensure it's not defective, Susurrus starts to pick the device apart, and will quickly reassemble it upon discovering some viable power source inside.

Darkcomet
2012-09-11, 04:01 PM
[Labs]

Wenomir shrugs.
"I can do it. I'm not as bad with children as I look. I should manage to keep him out of trouble."

"Hm. What about a more conventional education?" Oh dear. That might be an example of culture clash-DC's more used to higher-tech civilizations, so his idea of that is likely much different than Wenomir's.

Shadowcaller
2012-09-12, 04:02 AM
[Dexter's KR's Lab]

The sorceress is just silently watching the procedure for once, just keeping an eye on Susurrus here.

Morty
2012-09-13, 05:10 PM
"Hm. What about a more conventional education?" Oh dear. That might be an example of culture clash-DC's more used to higher-tech civilizations, so his idea of that is likely much different than Wenomir's.

Wenomir rubs the back of his head while Mścisław looks awkward.
"We've been talking about providing some education to Mścisław's children. We'll figure something out, I guess."

Ashen Lilies
2012-09-14, 12:26 AM
[Lab]

Indeed, Sus will find that it's a zero-point module, similar to DC's designs, though less hefty. Yay for (basically) free energy!

[Library]

"Yeah, I think I do."
KR's no stranger to big changes.

Morty
2012-09-14, 09:49 AM
[Library]

"Either way, being rid of this taint is very liberating." Wenomir looks at his arms, which are bare since he's wearing a shirt and not his armor. "I do wonder how long it'll take my skin to get back to its old color, though. I think it was pretty dark, but it's been years."

Ashen Lilies
2012-09-15, 11:47 AM
[Library]

"I don't think I can imagine you with dark skin," says KR, looking to the left. It's still pretty pale, even if it's not OMG pale anymore.

Morty
2012-09-15, 11:57 AM
[Library]

Wenomir chuckles.
"Neither can I, actually, which is pretty awkward all things considered. I remember it was... hm. I suppose I could compare it to Sakura's," he says after a moment's thought, deciding that of the people and KR know Sakura fits his old skin tone best. "Probably a bit lighter."

[Corridors]

Some time after his talk with KR, Wenomir goes to look for Cessie, sending her a short message on the communicator to make sure she's in the base.

Shadowcaller
2012-09-15, 01:04 PM
[Corridors]

"Yes, what can I help you with Wenomir?" Cessie replies.

Morty
2012-09-16, 08:57 AM
[Corridors]

"I'd like to speak with you about your promotion," Wenomir tells Cessie through the communicator. "Where are you right now?"

Shadowcaller
2012-09-16, 04:37 PM
[Corridors]

"I'm in my old room actually, I could come to you if you like thought." The sorceress offers.

[Flying towards Watchtower]

"I had the feeling it wouldn't, but you did insist on the story being told anyway. In any case, here we are, Watchtower." The dragon replies as the keep should come within sight of Damon.

Morty
2012-09-16, 04:42 PM
[Corridors ==> Cessie's Old Room]

"I'll head there," Wenomir says as he does so. In a short while, Cessie will hear knocking on the door.

Shadowcaller
2012-09-16, 05:45 PM
[Cessie's Room]

Technically it's still her room in Watchtower even if she don't often stay here with living in the keep. The sorceress opens the door, now dressed in her usual blue dress. She raises an eyebrow as she see the demon hunter however, "Is something wrong Wenomir?" She had never seen him like this.

Morty
2012-09-16, 05:47 PM
[Cessie's Room]

Wenomir smiles widely. This isn't something he does often.
"To the contrary, everything's right. I'm not a demonhunter anymore. The demon taint is gone. I'm a perfectly normal human now," he says with satisfaction.

Gnrlshrimp
2012-09-17, 02:17 AM

"I didn't inssisst ass ssuch. I asssumed you'd inssisst on telling the sstory anyway." Damon hisses in annoyance. "Sso there are people here who can asssisst uss?"

Mindfreak
2012-09-17, 05:12 PM
Training Grounds
Kirlia is here, keeping to her training regiment.
How might she be doing this, you ask?
She's punching rubber balls being launched at her by Little Green, her Ralts.

Devixer
2012-09-17, 05:16 PM
[Training Grounds

Kirlia may notice Boris, in his Spetsnaz unifotm, cleaning his guns and the ammo for them.

Mindfreak
2012-09-17, 05:35 PM
Training Grounds
Kirlia notices Boris and looks in his direction and gives a friendly little wave. Only to be hit in the side of the head with a metal ball.
That wasn't rubber. That wasn't rubber at all!
Little Green is very good at being a personal trainer. :smalltongue:
Anyways, the ball slams into Kirlia's head and bounced off.
Luckily, Little Green's psychic abilities weren't that well trained, so the ball didn't do much damage.

Devixer
2012-09-17, 05:41 PM
[Training Grounds]

Boris gives a curt nod in return as he loads a suppressed AK-107. He doesn't seem overly friendly, which is hardly surprising for a military type.

Mindfreak
2012-09-17, 05:45 PM
Training Grounds
Kirlia rubs the back of her head. That stung...
However she proceeded to catch the next metal ball thrown at her, which she used to return fire towards Little Green.

She proceeded to walk over to Boris and point at his gun.
"What's that thingie?"

Devixer
2012-09-17, 05:49 PM
[Training Grounds]

"It's an assault rifle," Boris says as he places the AK down on a table. "One of the best in my world."

Mindfreak
2012-09-17, 05:54 PM
Training Grounds
"An assault what now?":smallconfused:
Kirlia isn't entirely familiar with guns.

Devixer
2012-09-17, 06:00 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Rifle," Boris says. "It's a type of gun designed for use in most combat scenarios."

Mindfreak
2012-09-17, 06:31 PM
Training Grounds
"Can you demonstrate this strange gun for me then?"
She was quite curious.

Devixer
2012-09-17, 06:47 PM
[Training Ground]

"I suppose," Boris says, and picks up his rifle. He walks over to the firing range before flicking off the safety and taking aim. He fires six shots, each going through a human-shaped target's head. Even suppressed, the shots are still pretty loud.

Mindfreak
2012-09-17, 07:09 PM
Training Grounds
Kirlia rather enjoys the show.
"Oh...so it's one of those things."
She knows what he's talking about, now!
"So can you only use a gun?"

Devixer
2012-09-17, 07:26 PM
[Training Grounds]

"No, I'm trained in CQB and explosives," Boris says. "Mundane only, if that's what you're asking."

Shadowcaller
2012-09-18, 04:32 AM
[Cessie's Room]

Wenomir smiles widely. This isn't something he does often.
"To the contrary, everything's right. I'm not a demonhunter anymore. The demon taint is gone. I'm a perfectly normal human now," he says with satisfaction.

[Cessie's Room]

"Oh, well that must be an relief." She guessed, she didn't even know being a demon hunter was such a problem in the first place. The sorceress now regrets she didn't even know very much about Wenomir's condition in the first place beyond it was a bit like being a d'har in Hestopia.

"Was it a great burden? I must admit I'm not very knowledgeable about the taint you were infected with. The demons I dealt with through my husband weren't exactly the same." Though not less unpleasant.

"Yes, technically I am a member here after all even if I rarely come by any more. For some reason our demons have put great interest into this world." Vizek replies as he lands in the courtyard.

Morty
2012-09-18, 06:03 AM
[Cessie's Room]

"I've grown steadily less comfortable with it recently," Wenomir says. "I felt diminished and every time I used it in combat, I felt like I was cheating. And then my brother showed up in the Nexus - I don't know if you've heard - and that made me decide to get rid of the blood," he explains.

Gnrlshrimp
2012-09-18, 07:42 AM
[Landing in Watchtower]

Damon jumps off Vizek's back in a flawless dismount, landing without so much as a twitch of unsteadiness in his legs.

But since this isn't a gymnastics competition that's kind of irrelevant.

"Sssome reasson? I would've thought it'ss pretty ssimple, Vizek. Thiss place iss sso full of people to convert into demonss, and leadss to sso many worldss. Why wouldn't they want to come here?"

Shadowcaller
2012-09-18, 09:39 AM
[Cessie's Room]

"Cheating? Considering the things we fight, I would say we could use every advantage we need. I understand the feelings though, even if I didn't know your brother showed up here. What happened?" The sorceress asks.

[Landing in Watchtower]

"Well, if there is anything I have learned about this world is that it's filled with people that deal with this sort of things. Kind of like the dragons in my world. I would have expected them to pick an easier target. There are a lot of worlds out there after all." Vizek replies while letting his wings rest to the side.

Morty
2012-09-18, 09:53 AM
[Cessie's Room]

Wenomir decides that it's neither the time nor place to explain the Riddle of Steel to Cessie. She probably wouldn't get it anyway. Instead he shrugs.
"Nexus happened. My brother wanted to move to another village with his family, and the Nexus dragged them here halfway between them. They settled down in a farming community a little away from here. I found out he's here when Adir and Boris destroyed a demon that was giving his village trouble."

Mindfreak
2012-09-18, 10:31 AM
Training Grounds
"CQB? What's that?":smallconfused:
The only thing she could think of would be close-quarters brawling. But that didn't sound soldier-ie enough.

Devixer
2012-09-18, 10:50 AM
[Training Grounds]

"Close-quarter battle. Knives, unarmed fighting, that sort of thing." He flicks his weapon's safety back on. "Also called CQC."

Mindfreak
2012-09-18, 10:58 AM
Training Grounds
"Ohhhhh...so you're good at unarmed combat? You wanna maybe...spar a little? I haven't been able to find anyone who would spar with me yet..." =D
Kirlia is itching to spar!

Devixer
2012-09-18, 11:22 AM
[Training Ground]

"I suppose I'd be willing to spar." Boris hasn't sparred in a while or even fought bare-handed, so he guesses that he could use some practice.

Mindfreak
2012-09-18, 11:41 AM
Training Grounds
"Like right now, maybe?" :smallbiggrin:
She's already taking off her space armor, revealing that she wears a leotard underneath.
Well...that's good.

Devixer
2012-09-18, 12:05 PM
[Training Grounds]

Boris shrugs and puts his rifle down. "Sure, why not." He doesn't much look like he's getting ready to fight, though.

Gnrlshrimp
2012-09-18, 12:05 PM
[Courtyard]

"If they liked going after eassy targetss, Vizek, why would they keep trying to attack a world filled with dragonss?" Damon has no idea where to go, so he's just waiting for Vizek to lead the way.

Shadowcaller
2012-09-18, 12:45 PM
[Courtyard]

"Since then they weren't trying to recruit, they were trying to exterminate. Yigoth is obsessed with the death of all mortal life, no matter how well protected they are. I'm not sure about these demons though, they must be some off-shot from the main horde." The green dragon theorize as he walks up to the door, his form suddenly shifting into the form of a blond man dressed in a green tunic, an black undershirt and black denim pants. The courtyard suddenly looking a great deal more spacious.

[Cessie's Room]

"They were just drawn here? The cultural shock must be devastating, just the portal which opened to here to my world caused so much upheaval that Hestopian mages are planning to close it once again." Hestopian society (or at least the upper part of it) is not exactly a fan of change.

Mindfreak
2012-09-18, 12:55 PM
Training Grounds
Kirlia stretches, how so I won't go into details about, but she's warming up.
"Are you going to warm up or something?"

Devixer
2012-09-18, 01:00 PM
[Training Grounds]

Boris shakes his head. "No need for me to warm up." He's trained to fight without any sort of stretching.

Morty
2012-09-18, 01:09 PM
[Cessie's Room]

"They were just drawn here? The cultural shock must be devastating, just the portal which opened to here to my world caused so much upheaval that Hestopian mages are planning to close it once again." Hestopian society (or at least the upper part of it) is not exactly a fan of change.

"It wasn't that hard. The village they settled down in isn't that different from home. But enough about me and my family. I wanteded to talk to you about your promotion," Wenomir says.

Shadowcaller
2012-09-18, 01:25 PM
[Cessie's Room]

"Yes, so what about it?" The sorceress asks while maintaining an neutral tone, while looking at Wenomir expectingly.

Morty
2012-09-18, 02:13 PM
[Cessie's Room]

"KR and I both think that you're competent enough to be one of the Oracles and we could use another one, especially one with more diplomatic skills than the three of us. In other words, consider yourself promoted," Wenomir says with a smile.

Mindfreak
2012-09-18, 02:47 PM
[Training Grounds]

Boris shakes his head. "No need for me to warm up." He's trained to fight without any sort of stretching.
Training Grounds
Kirlia finishes up and shrugs.
"Okie dokie."
She cracks her knuckles.
"So...let's go."
She motioned for him to start as she took a solid stance.

Shadowcaller
2012-09-18, 03:22 PM
[Cessie's Room]

The sorceress takes a moment to gasp this before bowing deeply before Wenomir, "I'm honored you consider me competent enough to have earned such trust from you. I swear that I will not make you regret this decision Wenomir."

Morty
2012-09-18, 03:23 PM
[Cessie's Room]

Wenomir waves his hand.
"There's no need to bow, Cessie. We're all comrades in arms here. And I know I won't regret it. You'll probably end up serving as our spokesperson quite often, but of course you're already our representative on the Council."

Devixer
2012-09-18, 03:37 PM
[Training Grounds]

Boris nods and transitions to a defensively stance, ready to intercept any blows coming for him.

Mindfreak
2012-09-18, 03:44 PM
Training Grounds
Kirlia moved fast to get close enough to Boris to do a low-sweep kick, trying to knock Boris off of his feet.
But she's keeping her speed at a rate that a human female in peak condition could accomplish. Her strength too.

Darkcomet
2012-09-18, 03:49 PM
[Labs]

Wenomir rubs the back of his head while Mścisław looks awkward.
"We've been talking about providing some education to Mścisław's children. We'll figure something out, I guess."

"Well, I'll leave figuring that out to you two, as it is ultimately not my choice. Any other concerns I should be made aware of?" DC continues being unusually calm and polite about all this.

Devixer
2012-09-18, 03:55 PM
[Training Grounds]

Boris lifts his front foot so that the sweep doesn't hit him, then uses the same foot to aim a kick at Kirlia's shoulder. He's a normal human and all, but he's still a special ops soldier, and pretty darn strong and fast as a result.

Morty
2012-09-18, 03:57 PM
[Labs]

"We'll handle this from here on," Wenomir says, shaking his head. "We'll go to arrange lodgings for Siemko here now, I suppose. Probably somewhere close to my and KR's room..."

Mindfreak
2012-09-18, 04:55 PM
Training Grounds
Kirlia relaxes as the kick comes at her, letting the force carry her away from Boris, into a smooth roll, and back onto her feet.
She ran forward again, moving fast.
And then?
Then she tried to engage him in some close-combat. Which she first tries to do by throwing a punch towards his chest.

Devixer
2012-09-18, 05:32 PM
[Training Ground]

Boris's fighting style is based on Krav Maga, which focuses on counter-attacks and throws. In other words, a straight punch is easy for him to counter. He moves to the side and tries to grab Kirlia's arm, shifting a bit to throw her to the ground.

Gnrlshrimp
2012-09-19, 12:11 AM
[Courtyard]

"Since then they weren't trying to recruit, they were trying to exterminate. Yigoth is obsessed with the death of all mortal life, no matter how well protected they are. I'm not sure about these demons though, they must be some off-shot from the main horde." The green dragon theorize as he walks up to the door, his form suddenly shifting into the form of a blond man dressed in a green tunic, an black undershirt and black denim pants. The courtyard suddenly looking a great deal more spacious.

Sss...doess it matter who they are or who they sserve? We'll jusst kill them and be done with it."

And if they don't stay dead then Damon will just kill them some more! Or something.

"Wow, thiss really musst be sseriouss. You're actually controlling yoursself enough to look like a normal persson!"

Shadowcaller
2012-09-19, 01:12 PM
[Cessie's Room]

"I still owe you my thanks for giving me this chance." The sorceress replies while slowly raising from the floor. "But if there was nothing else is there anything I could do within my new position at the moment? I expect there to be some more paperwork at least." She didn't mind paperwork so much.

[Courtyard]

"Pffh, I look like this all the time, it's my standard form when I'm not a dragon!" Vizek protests. "Besides, be careful about who you call 'normal' around here, as far as I'm concerned, 'normal' does not exist. You suggest non-humans aren't normal."

Gnrlshrimp
2012-09-19, 01:45 PM
[Courtyard]

"Don't read too much into my wordss, Vizek. I'm merely mocking you for Vivecka, and I'm ssure you've done ssimilar thingss in the passt." Damon hisses and waits for Vizek to get the door, "Of coursse there'ss no ssuch thing ass normal."

Mindfreak
2012-09-19, 03:58 PM
[Training Ground]

Boris's fighting style is based on Krav Maga, which focuses on counter-attacks and throws. In other words, a straight punch is easy for him to counter. He moves to the side and tries to grab Kirlia's arm, shifting a bit to throw her to the ground.
Training Grounds
Kirlia is thrown to the ground!
Blinking in surprise, she proceeds to roll away and get back up, throwing a determined look at Boris.
Breaking out in a smile, she went back into a defensive stance.
Not only was this getting fun, but she was gonna have to actually think to beat this guy...

Devixer
2012-09-19, 04:17 PM
[Training Grounds]

Boris takes a couple paces back and looks at Kirlia's stance to see how best he can make a strike. In a couple seconds, he feigns a low kick before trying to elbow her.

Morty
2012-09-19, 04:18 PM
[Cessie's Room]

"I still owe you my thanks for giving me this chance." The sorceress replies while slowly raising from the floor. "But if there was nothing else is there anything I could do within my new position at the moment? I expect there to be some more paperwork at least." She didn't mind paperwork so much.

"Nothing comes to mind right now," Wenomir says. "It's business as usual until something comes up. Although I should mention my nephew is going to be staying here for a while. He turned out to be psychic and DC agreed to help him develop his abilities properly."

Mindfreak
2012-09-19, 08:42 PM
[Training Grounds]

Boris takes a couple paces back and looks at Kirlia's stance to see how best he can make a strike. In a couple seconds, he feigns a low kick before trying to elbow her.
Training Grounds
Kirlia shuffled back, keeping her stance up, as Boris feigned a low kick. Which means the elbow would miss her completely.
She shuffled back forward.
"You know, I've never seen a person fight quite like you..."
She tried for another sweep kick.

Devixer
2012-09-19, 08:48 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Never met a soldier in your life?" Boris says as he steps back to evade the sweep kick. He starts to shift a bit hoping to get into a weak point in Kirlia's stance.

Mindfreak
2012-09-19, 08:57 PM
Training Grounds
"I have, it's just that I've never gotten the chance to face one in hand-to-hand combat before. They mostly just shoot their guns."
Kirlia's stance only has one weak point: Unstable footing.
It's hard to be on your guard and talk at the same time!
Kirlia shuffles forward and tries for another sweep kick.

Devixer
2012-09-19, 10:15 PM
[Training Grounds]

Boris doesn't speak any further. Instead, he again lifts a foot so the sweep misses, and then he shifts from that to a small jump in an attempt to distract Kirlia as he attempts to use a low kick to get her off her feet.

Ashen Lilies
2012-09-20, 01:40 AM
[Library]

Wenomir chuckles.
"Neither can I, actually, which is pretty awkward all things considered. I remember it was... hm. I suppose I could compare it to Sakura's," he says after a moment's thought, deciding that of the people and KR know Sakura fits his old skin tone best. "Probably a bit lighter."

[Library]

"That will be... interesting to see." KR's skin tone can't exactly be called dark. She's got the naturally pale-skinned Asian thing going on, which is not helped by hours spent inside staring at computer screens or fixing robots. And when she does go outside, unless she's specifically exercising it tends to be in her big cover-all overcoat which tends to stop any stray UV rays from penetrating her skin.
Man, now I get all wondering if she's Vitamin D deficient or anything.

Shadowcaller
2012-09-20, 07:18 AM
[Courtyard==>Main Room]

"Well, you're not 'my' damon are you? You can be completely different, you hate the other me for instance. That's pretty different in my book, winds, maybe the other me don't even have this as his standard form. Maybe he likes to be a woman?" Vizek replies as he opens the door and enters the building.

[Cessie's Room]

"Very well, I guess I should met him sometimes then. There do seem to be an awful lot of new members which I haven't really made contact with. I think I will make an effort to get to know them better if I'm supposed to help lead this organization." Cessie replies, noting she should make a round getting to know all these people.

Morty
2012-09-20, 08:06 AM
[Library]

"I'll be sure to let you examine me thoroughly to find out what you think," Wenomir says with a wink. And seeing that she's busy, he adds: "Either way, I'll leave you to your work now. See you later."

[Cessie's Room]

"That's a good idea," Wenomir says with a nod. "I'll make sure to let them know you're one of the leaders now if I meet them," he adds. "Either way, good luck."

Gnrlshrimp
2012-09-20, 11:17 AM
[Courtyard -> Main Room]

"I wouldn't know. I don't exactly ssee much of him. I don't want to ssee much of him." Damon follows Vizek in, "I would be ssurprissed if he preferred being a woman. Ass far ass I can tell, the main difference iss ssimply that he iss far more of a sspinelesss coward than you."

Mindfreak
2012-09-20, 03:05 PM
[Training Grounds]

Boris doesn't speak any further. Instead, he again lifts a foot so the sweep misses, and then he shifts from that to a small jump in an attempt to distract Kirlia as he attempts to use a low kick to get her off her feet.
Training Grounds
Kirlia has decided to kick up a notch this sparring.
So, she lets her power level raise to more supernatural levels.
So as Boris does that small jump, she rushes forward. Her body is nearly a blur as she tries to body slam into Boris.

Shadowcaller
2012-09-20, 05:49 PM
[Cessie's Room]

"Thank you, I shall attend to my duties immediately." The sorceress says with a short nod before heading out of her room as well. She needed to talk to a few people...

[Main Room]

"I will be able to tell myself if I ever met him." Vizek insists. "But now, I think we need to find someone we can talk to around here. This is quite important." The dragon says while starting to look around the main room. Surely there was someone they could talk to around here?

Devixer
2012-09-20, 06:09 PM
[Training Grounds]

That comes as a bit of a surprise to Boris, who is easily hit by the body slam. If he's just knocked to the ground, he rolls to the side and quickly gets to a crouching position.

Morty
2012-09-20, 06:13 PM
[Main Room]

"I will be able to tell myself if I ever met him." Vizek insists. "But now, I think we need to find someone we can talk to around here. This is quite important." The dragon says while starting to look around the main room. Surely there was someone they could talk to around here?

Since there seems to be noone else there and Wenomir's plotclones have mercifully been thinned out, the two dragons will meet the ex-demonhunter in the room.
"Anything I can help you with?" He asks.

Mindfreak
2012-09-20, 06:32 PM
Training Grounds
Kirlia looks a bit worried!
"Are you, um, okay?"

Devixer
2012-09-20, 07:29 PM
[Training Grounds]

"Fine." is all Boris says as he gets to his feet. He takes a pace back, cursing himself for his aggression just then.

Gnrlshrimp
2012-09-20, 07:48 PM
[Main Room]

One dragon and one totally-not-dragon. >.>

"Yess yess, I know it'ss important." And, hey, look, there's a Wenomir to talk to! Yay! "Go ahead and explain it then Vizek. You're the one who read the demon'ss mind after all."

Mindfreak
2012-09-20, 07:49 PM
Training Grounds
"Well if you're sure you're okay...bring it!"
She assumed another defensive stance!

horngeek
2012-09-21, 05:56 AM
[Front Door]

Suddenly, there's a knocking/the doorbell rings/ominous horns blow.

...okay, maybe not the last one.

Devixer
2012-09-21, 11:38 AM
[Training Grounds]

Boris doesn't step forward or try to attack. he now knows that Kirlia is stronger and faster than him, so he needs to play the hypothetical waiting game.

[Front Door]

Hildur is outside, feeling the wind, when she hears the knocking on the front door. She heads over to it and opens it with a bit of caution. "Hey, welcome to Watchtower,."

Mindfreak
2012-09-21, 01:19 PM
Training Grounds
A lot faster and stronger than him, actually. Saiyans are OP :smalltongue:
Kirlia pouted.
She was hoping he'd initiate some more combat!
So, she dashed forward!
Moving fast, she throws a punch towards him!
It'll probably be easy for him to dodge.

Devixer
2012-09-21, 01:59 PM
[Training Grounds]

Rather than dodge the punch, Boris tries to deflect it with one of his arms before throwing a couple of jabs at Kirlia's stomach.

horngeek
2012-09-21, 02:49 PM
[Front Door]

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/378/tek505c3e3a7f9770175712.png

A young woman stands outside the gate. "Hello. My name's Brianna Corcoran, and I'd like to join Watchtower."

Devixer
2012-09-21, 02:57 PM
[Front Door]

Hildur opens the door a little further. "Well, I can't help you with that, but I can take you to one of the leaders who can. I'm Maarsukaal, by the way." She walks a bit back so Brianna can head in.

Hildur's very tall, just over six feet. Her hair is blonde and her eyes are a shimmering gold. With her heavy winter jacket and pants, she doesn't exactly look like a fight.

horngeek
2012-09-21, 03:04 PM
[Front Door]

"I'm Brianna. Or Dr. Corcoran, if ye want to be getting formal. It's a pleasure to meet you, Maarsukal."

Brianna follows Hildur in, smiling.

Shadowcaller
2012-09-21, 03:10 PM
[Main Room]

"Yes, we two encountered a couple of demons a few hours ago and after reading the mind of one of them, I saw hints of a plan to corrupt a great deal of mortals on this plane." Vizek explains. "And I'm Vizek by the way, technically a member here even if a seldom visit these days. This potential plan had me worried though."

[Front Door]

As Hildur let's Brianna inside the two are approached by a certain raven-haired sorceress. "Excuse me, but you're Hildur correct? One of the new members of Watchtower?" She doesn't address Brianna for now but is keeping an eye on her. Looked like she could talk to two new members at once.

Morty
2012-09-21, 03:12 PM
[Main Room]

Wenomir nods.
"We know of those demons and we were planning to do something about them. If what you're saying is true, it just became more urgent. Could you give me more details about this plan?

Devixer
2012-09-21, 03:13 PM
[Front Door]

Hildur turns around and sees Cessie. She nods. "Yes. I'd prefer if you called me Maarsukaal, though." A few seconds, and she adds, "And you are?"

horngeek
2012-09-21, 03:37 PM
[Front Door]

Brianna blinks, but doesn't speak up just yet, letting the other two talk.

{{I actually need to go off for a few hours- assume Brianna listens during that time.}}

Mindfreak
2012-09-21, 04:07 PM
[Training Grounds]

Rather than dodge the punch, Boris tries to deflect it with one of his arms before throwing a couple of jabs at Kirlia's stomach.
Training Grounds
Deflect! Jabs!
Kirlia backs up and rubs her stomach.
"I think I've had enough sparring for today..."
Her stomach growls loudly.
"Plus I'm kinda hungry...wanna grab a bite to eat with me...er, I just realized I don't even know your name!"
She holds out a hand for him to shake.
"I'm Kirlia. You?"

Shadowcaller
2012-09-21, 04:48 PM
[Main Room]

"The demon whose mind I read didn't know what the plan was exactly, her superiors didn't feel the need to inform her about anything but her part in it which was to open a couple of portals in outside. I did find out where their base of operations is though. You're not going to like it however, it's nearly as well defended as this base itself." He says with a sweeping gesture at the main room.

[Front Door]

That was an odd name. She had to ask about that later. "I'm Cessie Mithar, the new oracle of watchtower. As a part of my new position I was planning to get to know some of the newer members which I understand you are." She explains with a smile. "So I just wanted to learn a bit about you if I'm supposed to lead you."

Devixer
2012-09-21, 05:07 PM
[Training Grounds]

Boris immediately backs off when Kirlia does. This was just some sparring, no need to take it as far as they do in Spetsnaz. "Boris Krestyanov," he says as he shakes Kirlia's hand. "I'm one of the Sentries here." At the offer to get a bite, he pauses for a few moments. "I don't plan on staying long, but I suppose I could do to keep my strength up."

[Front Door]

"Uhm, okay. I think that should wait a bit, though," Hildur says while gesturing to Brianna. "This is Brianna Corcoran. She wants to join up."

horngeek
2012-09-21, 06:47 PM
[Front Door]

Brianna smiles. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Cessie."

Mindfreak
2012-09-21, 07:00 PM
Training Grounds -> Kitchen
Kirlia smiles, putting back on her space armor.
"That's the spirit!"
This is what she looks like by the way:
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs51/f/2009/288/9/4/Asper___Female_Saiyan_Warrior_by_BlackroseSariaSan .jpg

Anyways, she forges onward to the kitchen!
Where she immediately takes out quite a bit of meat from the fridge.
Saiyans do have a huge metabolism, and typically eat 20-30 meals a day.

Devixer
2012-09-21, 09:53 PM
[Training Grounds]

Boris holsters one of his pistols and sheaths his ballistic knife before following Kirlia to the kitchen. He takes what appears to be a basic military ration before sitting to eat.

Mindfreak
2012-09-22, 04:50 PM
Kitchen
Kirlia begins frying the mass amounts of meat, and also begins boiling a large pot of beef stock. She boils noodles in another large pot, and begins cutting up various veggies and putting them in the broth.
It smells VERY good.
She frowns at Boris' choice of meal.
"Oh come on, that doesn't look tasty, Boris! Why would you want to eat that?"

Devixer
2012-09-22, 05:58 PM
[Kitchen]

"An MRE is nutritious and filling. All I need in a meal." That, and rations have been the staple of Boris's diet for about a decade. He starts to eat the ration regardless of what Kirlia says.

Mindfreak
2012-09-22, 06:47 PM
Kitchen
"So you don't care what it tastes like?"
She shook her head. Some people were just CRAZY!
She finishes the meat, cutes it up, and adds it to the broth along with the noodles.
She then serves herself quite a large bowl of it!
Which she proceeds to devour.
This is probably gonna happen for the next 10 or so bowls. :smalltongue:

Shadowcaller
2012-09-22, 06:57 PM
[Front Door]

"I was actually waiting for her to speak." The sorceress replies with a polite nod in Brianna's direction. "You are wanting to join then? Well, there is a test required but if you're really willing to join, I doubt it will be much of a problem. First though, why don't you both tell me about yourself?"

horngeek
2012-09-22, 07:16 PM
Brianna smiles. "Well, I'm a medical surgeon, specializing in trauma surgery, and I'm a skilled swordswoman as well. Plus, I've got some minor divine powers over health and fire from my mother, the goddess Brigid of the Tuatha de Dannan."

Devixer
2012-09-23, 02:57 AM
[Kitchen]

"Not particularly, no," Boris says. He doesn't eat nearly as much as Kirlia, on account of being a plain ol' human.

[Front Door]

Hildur shrugs. "There's not much to tell about me. Before I got here and became Maarsukaal, I was a professional snowboarder. Never thought I'd be in a group that fought off the end of the world."

Morty
2012-09-23, 12:24 PM
[Main Room]

"The demon whose mind I read didn't know what the plan was exactly, her superiors didn't feel the need to inform her about anything but her part in it which was to open a couple of portals in outside. I did find out where their base of operations is though. You're not going to like it however, it's nearly as well defended as this base itself." He says with a sweeping gesture at the main room.

"I can't say I'm surprised," Wenomir says. "We're going to have to do something about it, though. Let me assemble a few members and we'll head out."

[Corridors]

A young boy - 11 years, by the looks of it - dressed in a simple shirt and trousers is poking around the base. Only the un-restricted, safe areas, of course. His uncle was very strict about that. Even so, anyone could run into him.

Shadowcaller
2012-09-23, 03:01 PM
[Front Door]

The sorceress peers at the two women, she had a few questions to each of them but it would be awkward to attempt to interview them both at the same time. "Miss Corcoran, you said you wanted to join Watch correct? Why don't you follow me so I can properly initiate you." She says before looking over at Hildur. "I got a few questions for you as well once I'm done with miss Corcoran here. But you could join us if you want."

[Main Room]

"That would be a great help, I suspect that we're dealing with a quite large force of demons here. Perhaps even a demon lord or two." Vizek says with an concerned tone. "And you should bring with you any silver or mithril you have. It's very useful fighting these things."

horngeek
2012-09-23, 04:12 PM
Brianna nods, and will follow the sorceress!

Mindfreak
2012-09-23, 04:55 PM
Kitchen
"Does that even have any protein or veggies in it?":smallconfused:
Thirds turn into fourths. Fourths turn into tenths...

---

Courtyard
A very familiar looking suit of armor is walking towards WATCH!
To anyone who remembers, it's the exact same armor that Katherine Wyrmhunter wore!

Devixer
2012-09-23, 05:56 PM
[Front Door]

"No, I'd rather stay out here. Thanks for offering, though." Hildur plays around with the air around her hand, and starts to walk around the courtyard unless stopped.

[Kitchen]

"It has all the nutrients I would need in a meal," Boris says. He's finished with the MRE pretty quickly.

Mindfreak
2012-09-24, 03:12 PM
Kitchen
Kirlia shook her head again as she finished off the rest of the pot.
"I don't understand that at all..."

---

Courtyard
((I need someone to interact with Kari, please? Hopefully someone who knew Katherine?))

Devixer
2012-09-24, 03:26 PM
[Kitchen]

"You don't have to," Boris says as he crumples the packaging of the MRE. He would mention how ridiculous Kirlia's meal was, but he wasn't in the mood to argue.

[Courtyard]

((My character Hildur's there, but she wouldn't have known Katherine.))

Zefir
2012-09-25, 02:02 AM
[Courtyard]

((I could have Mia beeing here. She should knew Katherine if I don't mix it up. She was the one on Cessie's Wedding who accidently hurt an important person?))

Morty
2012-09-25, 02:24 PM
[Main Room]

"That would be a great help, I suspect that we're dealing with a quite large force of demons here. Perhaps even a demon lord or two." Vizek says with an concerned tone. "And you should bring with you any silver or mithril you have. It's very useful fighting these things."

"Nothing we haven't faced before," Wenomir says. "Let me assemble two or three members and we'll be off."

Shadowcaller
2012-09-25, 03:40 PM
Brianna nods, and will follow the sorceress!

[Front Door==>Cessie's Room Office]

While leading Brianna our into the her room which suddenly have been turned into an office thanks to some hasty redecoration of the mages part. "So you said your mother was a goddess, what exactly does that make you?"

[Main Room]

"You've met these demons before? What god did they worship?" Vizek asks.

horngeek
2012-09-25, 03:45 PM
[Cessie's Office]

Brianna takes a seat if it's offered. "A Scion. Not yet a demigod- there's a technical distinction here. The term 'demigod' best applies once a Scion's body is more ichor than mortal flesh. Essentially, my powers are all low-level right now."

Shadowcaller
2012-09-25, 03:54 PM
[Cessie's Office]

After having offered the scion a seat, the mage sits down behind her desk and meets her gaze before asking her next question. "Could you define 'low-level powers'? I have noticed people can have very different ideas about what that is."

Morty
2012-09-25, 03:58 PM
[Main Room]

"You've met these demons before? What god did they worship?" Vizek asks.

"I don't know," Wenomir says. "They didn't tell us. They did enslave and corrupt people, which is why we wiped them out.""

horngeek
2012-09-25, 04:00 PM
[Cessie's Office]

The Scion nods. "Let's see... I can, for example, make flame burn without consuming fuel or oxygen, and I can see out of fire I've bolstered as such, but I can't control it any more than that. And in terms of health, the most I can cure entirely is bruises. They can be pretty nasty bruises, but the most I can do to stab wounds is lessen them- I have to rely on my medical training for any more."

Shadowcaller
2012-09-25, 05:52 PM
[Main Room]

"So no Yigoth demons then, that's pretty much all I can tell." Vizek remarks thoughtfully.

[Cessie's Office]

While Brianna is talking the sorceress have started to take notes of what she's saying. "I can tell you right now Watch is in need of a healer so that's a big plus. But perhaps you can tell me some of your references? What did you before you came here?"

horngeek
2012-09-25, 06:17 PM
[Cessie's Office]

Brianna nods. "Doctors Without Borders- I worked in a few African nations doing trauma surgery. My residency was in St. James in Dublin, and I've worked with a couple of other Scions before I came here.

Part of the reason I came here is... well, the gods in my world are in a war against the Titans. My mum wanted me to keep an eye out, make sure the Titans didn't try anything here. It won't interfere with my work for WATCHTOWER- if anything, the two will go together, since any Titanspawn agent wouldn't exactly have the best interests of the Nexus in mind."

Shadowcaller
2012-09-26, 07:16 AM
[Cessie's Office]

Even if she didn't understand many of the names the scion was using, Cessie still nods at all the important parts of her explanation. "I will look into your history if you don't mind? Just to learn what everything you just said means if nothing else." She says with a small smile. "Still, is there a specific mentor, family or friend of yours I could talk to? It would be nice with some references to know you a bit better while you're on trial. Officially you won't be a member of watchtower until you have finished at least one mission after all. In any case, is there some specific issues we should be aware of? Things that you think might effect your membership? I promise you that we'll try to work around any problem you might have which is why it would be good if you inform us of them first so we can prepare for them."

Mindfreak
2012-09-26, 10:08 AM
Courtyard
((Katherine didn't hurt anyone at the wedding. In fact, she didn't hurt anyone. She just tried to drop a rock on Cessie's sister's head, if memory serves me right. Something she tried to later pass off as a prank. Go ahead and have Mia encounter her if you want, Zefir))

---

Kitchen
"So how long have you been here at WATCH?"
Kirlia is curious!
And still a little hungry.

Ashen Lilies
2012-09-26, 11:40 AM
[Library]

"I'll be sure to let you examine me thoroughly to find out what you think," Wenomir says with a wink. And seeing that she's busy, he adds: "Either way, I'll leave you to your work now. See you later."

[Library]

" I like the sound of that. See you later." :smallamused:
"Wait, work?" :smallconfused:
As Wenomir leaves, KR looks at the book in her hand, suddenly remembering that it's actually there.
"How am I supposed to work now? Dammit." :smallannoyed:
She tosses the book aside, sitting on one of the couches in a huff.

[Kitchen]

*pokes Mindfreak to OoC post* (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13946819&postcount=504)

I would actually like it if this issue was addressed IC. WATCHTOWER doesn't have a magical food dispenser that automatically solves everyone's culinary needs. :smalltongue::smallsmile:

Devixer
2012-09-26, 11:47 AM
[Kitchen]

"About a year," Boris says before glancing at the pot Kirlia had used to make that stew. And she ate all of it? "Only recently been promoted."

Morty
2012-09-26, 11:54 AM
[Main Room]

"So no Yigoth demons then, that's pretty much all I can tell." Vizek remarks thoughtfully.

Wenomir scratches his cheek.
"Yigoth... another demon mentioned that name, although that was some other faction of them. Doesn't really matter. We need to put them down."
He uses his standard issue communicator to call Jacob and Hildur to him.

Devixer
2012-09-26, 01:15 PM
[Main Room]

Hildur receives the call to her communicator while in the courtyard, so it isn't long at all before she gets into the main room. She nods towards Wenomir. "You called?"

BladeofObliviom
2012-09-26, 02:06 PM
(Hmm, my post from earlier didn't go through. Strange.)

[Main Room]

Jacob reaches the main room not long after Hildur. He is already prepared for a mission, suited in his usual suit of shining, silvery armor. Sparks dance up and down his artificial arm, and his flowing, polished blade sits in its scabbard.

"Reporting for duty."

Morty
2012-09-26, 02:18 PM
[Main Room]

"We're going demon-hunting with these two gentlemen," Wenomir says, pointing at Vizek and Damon. Hildur and Jakob will probably notice that his eyes are now normal, dark brown human ones and his skin isn't so unhealthily pale anymore.

Devixer
2012-09-26, 02:24 PM
[Main Room]

"Sounds like a good time," Hildur says. She does notice that Wenomir looks a lot more like a normal human, but chooses not to bring that up. She can say something after the demon-hunting.

BladeofObliviom
2012-09-26, 02:40 PM
[Main Room]

"I would accept this task; When do we set out?"

Meanwhile, since I'm going to logically assume that nobody's holding back information on demonic weaknesses, the edge of Jakob's sword transmutes to mithral.

He's a transmuter, after all. Special material is no obstacle.

horngeek
2012-09-26, 03:08 PM
[Cessie's Office]

Brianna thinks. "Hmmm... there's no issues I can think of. Apart from a geas against eating swan meat.

And as for people who could vouch for me... my mother, mostly. I'd say former superiors, but only one of them actually knows about the whole 'Gods are actually real and I'm a child of one of them' thing, and he's not easy to contact quickly."

Zefir
2012-09-26, 04:21 PM
Courtyard

((I still think a rock dropping on you hurts..:smallbiggrin:))

MIa is walking around here. She is just looking for someone to talk to. She hasn't been here much. Right behind her is her companion MDM allways next to her. She waves at Kari. ( Is there anywhere a discription of her?)

Mindfreak
2012-09-26, 05:26 PM
Kitchen
((Doesn't need to be taken care of IC, Kid Kris. Kirlia hunts and buys all of her food. She simply puts it away in the kitchen))
"A year, huh? So you've seen some crazy stuff?"

---

Courtyard
((She didn't hurt anyone because the person had a magical-y forcefield. And al Mia can see is Kari's armor, which is the same as Katherine's armor design as seen in her character profile))
Kari walks over to Mia.
"Excuse me, miss. But I need to get in a certain room in WATCH."

Shadowcaller
2012-09-26, 06:09 PM
[Cessie's Office]

"I see, so how does one contact them then? I don't mind to wait." Cessie replies.

horngeek
2012-09-26, 06:14 PM
[Cessie's Office

"There's a PO box my mum uses when I want to send her a message... ye could use that to contact her. As for Dr. Coyle... well, given that the World's post system isn't linked up to the Nexus, I think mum'd have to relay the message."

Brianna takes a pen and pad of paper, and scribbles the addresses. "There ya go."

Shadowcaller
2012-09-26, 06:27 PM
[Cessie's Office]

The sorceress accepts the note with a nod, "Thank you, I'll contacted her once I get some time over." She says and is then about to reach for some papers when her communicator makes a sound. Stopping herself to glance at it she then looks back at the Scion. "Now, I would have made this interview longer but I know that new members can be itching to get involved. Right now Wenomir is calling upon members for some sort of demon hunt that might interest you. So if you're interested in that you need to talk to him. Keep in mind though that we usually don't let untested members get into the field so he might need some convincing of your competence."

[Main Room]

"All demons are not the same, keep that in mind if you're going to beat them." Vizek replies with a glance at Damon.

Gnrlshrimp
2012-09-26, 06:33 PM
[Main Room]

Damon just lets out an irritated hiss.

Vizek is wearing his patience out pretty quickly.

"Perhapss it would be more worthwhile to point out what iss different about thesse demonss than ssimply ssaying that they're not all the ssame?" The zern hisses at the dragon.

horngeek
2012-09-26, 06:33 PM
Cessie's Office

Brianna nods. "Thank ye. I'll head down now."

And she does so...

[Main Room]

Walking briskly in. "Um... Cessie mentioned some demon-hunting?"

Morty
2012-09-26, 06:38 PM
[Main Room]

"I'm not sure we have the time for a lecture," Wenomir says before turning to look at Brianna.
"We are preparing for a demon hunt. Are you a new member?"

Shadowcaller
2012-09-26, 06:39 PM
[Main Room]

The dragon shrugs, "As I said, I can't tell what's different with this group with what Wenomir here told me. But let's drop the issue alright Damon? We will know once we get there."

horngeek
2012-09-26, 06:39 PM
[Main Room]

Brianna nods. "Yes, I am."

Gnrlshrimp
2012-09-26, 06:45 PM
[Main Room]

"Yess, yess, fine. I ssupposse you never can be quite ssure what new trickss demonss will have thought up." And now more people show up! Damon is just kinda itching to get going already, his impatience manifesting itself in his foot rhythmically tapping away.

Devixer
2012-09-26, 08:28 PM
[Main Room]

"Will I need anything special, or will my Gossamer do just fine," Hildur asks, moving her hand with the Gossamer glove.

[Kitchen]

"I suppose. You get used to it," Boris says. That isn't entirely honest, though. Even a year later, he knew there was still a lot of stuff in the Nexus he didn't understand.

Zefir
2012-09-27, 01:26 AM
Courtyard
((She didn't hurt anyone because the person had a magical-y forcefield. And al Mia can see is Kari's armor, which is the same as Katherine's armor design as seen in her character profile))
Kari walks over to Mia.
"Excuse me, miss. But I need to get in a certain room in WATCH."

Courtyard

((Well I only worked with the informations I knew and that was: Led a stone drop on someone's head.:smalltongue:))

Mia giggles a bit. She knows the wearer of the armore and think it is rather funny to be addressed as Miss. Especially since she is only around 18.

"Hey Kathrine." She tilts her head while thinking about the request. "What room do you need to go to?"

Morty
2012-09-27, 07:04 AM
[Main Room]

Wenomir nods. If she's here, it means Cessie probably send her here.
"Alright. You'll join us on the demon hunt, then. Everyone, move out. Those two will lead us where we need to go."

Devixer
2012-09-27, 11:58 AM
[Main Room]

Hildur nods and starts to head out of the main room, to be led to wherever she needs to go.

[Courtyard]

In a later timeline, Hildur is still out here, waiting for Cessie to call her for that conversation.

horngeek
2012-09-27, 03:06 PM
[Main Room]

And Brianna does so as well!

Shadowcaller
2012-09-27, 03:08 PM
[Main Room]

"I guess we can set out as soon as possible. But perhaps I could get a short introduction of the fine gents and ladies who are joining us? I believe I haven't seen anyone beyond Wenomir here before." The blond man remarks.

[Courtyard]

Hildur will get a call from Cessie. "Excuse me, would you mind coming down to my office for an quick evaluation? It's not required but I think it would be interesting if we got to know each other better."

horngeek
2012-09-27, 03:10 PM
[Main Room]

Brianna nods. "I'm Brianna Corcoran, Scion of Brigid. Odds are, if anyone gets hurt, I'll be patching ye up."

Devixer
2012-09-27, 03:23 PM
[Courtyard -> Cessie's Office]

"Okay." Hildur didn't particularly like the idea of going into a stuffy office, but she didn't want to disobey. She heads inside and down to Cessie's office, assuming she's told where it is.

[Main Room]

"I'm Maarsukaal. A Shaper of air." Hildur doesn't say much else about herself, her Name was all that was needed.

BladeofObliviom
2012-09-27, 04:26 PM
[Main Room]

Jakob nods once more.

"I am Jakob of Esper, Sorcerer and Paladin. I specialize in transmutation and defensive spells, though I am also capable of competently maintaining illusions and swordplay."

Morty
2012-09-27, 05:17 PM
[Main Room]

Wenomir is silent as the new and old Watchmen introduce themselves. He straps his bearded axe to his sword sheath using a set of leather straps he came up with. Hopefully it'll work.

Mindfreak
2012-09-27, 05:26 PM
Kitchen
"Huh..."
"So what have you seen?"

---

Courtyard
Kari removes her helmet, showing that she isn't Katherine.
"Katherine's my grandmother. I need to get into her room to grab some things she left behind by accident."

Gnrlshrimp
2012-09-27, 05:54 PM
[Main Room]

"Well with all the introductionss out of the way-" Damon apparently doesn't think he needs to bother introducing himself, "let'ss be off then, sshall we?"

Shadowcaller
2012-09-27, 06:04 PM
[Cessie's Office]

Disobey? It was hardly an order. :smalltongue:

As Hildur enters the room the sorceress is sitting down behind her desk and motions for the snowboarder to take a seat. "Thank you for coming, please have a seat." Assuming Hildur will take a seat the mage nods slowly. "So before we begin is there something I can get for you like water or something you like to know about me?"

[Main Room]

"I'm Vizekasadriz, but you may call me Vizek, no one remembers my real one." He says with a smile. "In any case, it's nice meeting y'all. If you just climb on my back once I shift into my true form I could get you there in a jiffy."

Devixer
2012-09-27, 06:26 PM
[Cessie's Office]

Hildur sits down. The air feels stiff to her here, but she doesn't make a show of it. "I'll be fine for now. What did you want to know about me?"

[Main Room]

"I'd rather fly alongside you, Vizek. If you don't mind," Hildur replies. She wasn't exactly slow in the air.

horngeek
2012-09-27, 06:27 PM
[Main Room]

Brianna nods. "All right, let's go."

Zefir
2012-09-28, 02:09 AM
Kitchen
"Huh..."
"So what have you seen?"

---

Courtyard
Kari removes her helmet, showing that she isn't Katherine.
"Katherine's my grandmother. I need to get into her room to grab some things she left behind by accident."

Courtyard

Mia looks a bit shocked and laugths a bit.

"Time past by fast where your are from right? Didn't even thought she is a mother and less that she has a granddaughter of that age."

Can't remember clearly, but Kathrine wasn't around 50-60 when she was here. As far as i remember she was maybe around 30.

Mindfreak
2012-09-28, 01:57 PM
Courtyard
"Er...yes...anyways, if you could just bring me to her old room, that'd be great."

19 actually =p

Morty
2012-09-28, 01:58 PM
[Main Room]

"Let's move," Wenomir says. He'll climb on Vizek's back once he shifts to his dragon form.

BladeofObliviom
2012-09-28, 02:49 PM
[Main Room]

Jakob nods and follows suit.

He actually can travel by flight himself by discorporating, but then he'd be helpless to defend the rest of the group should they be attacked while airborne.

horngeek
2012-09-28, 03:25 PM
[Main Room]

And once Vizek transforms into a dragon, Brianna gracefully climbs up as well!

Gnrlshrimp
2012-09-28, 03:53 PM
[Main Room]

Damon peers at Vizek, "Hmm...sso jusst how many people can you carry at once?" He asks as he climbs up to join the others.

Shadowcaller
2012-09-29, 07:43 AM
[Cessie's Office]

"First of all, I read here in your membership form the reason you like to join Watchtower is to 'spread your name', does that mean you seek fame, or is it connected to your second name?" Cessie asks Hildur, ready to take notes.

[Main Room==>Courtyard]

"Enough." Vizek vaguely replies once they're in the courtyard. "It would help a great deal though if someone else could fly as well, otherwise you're in a risk of falling off." He remarks before shifting into his quite large dragon form.

If no one have offered to help him (besides Hildur) they just have to take that risk once they are all onboard. While Vizek might be an quite large dragon, his scales are quite slipperly and besides his horns, there isn't much to hold on to.

The plot will take place in outside.

Zefir
2012-09-29, 09:03 AM
Courtyard
"Er...yes...anyways, if you could just bring me to her old room, that'd be great."

19 actually =p

Courtyard

Ok then around 40 years past while only maybe a few months past here.

"Slow down, please. Tell me what do you want from her stuff? You have to understand that we can't really know that you are her ganddaugther."

Devixer
2012-09-29, 11:18 AM
[Cessie's Office]

"It means what it sounds like." Hildur pauses a moment before continuing. "Well, there's more to it. The name of Maarsukaal is a powerful one, but in order for its potential to be realised, more people need to speak of it."

[Courtyard]

Once the group exits the main room and Vizek starts to change, Hildur starts to levitate and waits for Vizek before flying.

Shadowcaller
2012-09-29, 01:01 PM
[Cessie's Office]

"I see." Powerful names was not something that existed where she came from. "And you decided that watch was the best way to spread your name then? I must admit we aren't exactly celebrities around here."

Devixer
2012-09-29, 01:10 PM
[Cessie's Office]

"I wanted to help people too," Hildur says. "I mean, my Name might go farther in AMEN, but I don't want to do what they do."

Shadowcaller
2012-09-29, 02:42 PM
[Cessie's Office]

The sorceress nods. "Understandable. So being a demi-dragons means you're related to a dragon? Or that you aquired power from one?" Does Hildur have any dragon like features?

Gullara
2012-09-29, 02:48 PM
[Forge]

Outside in the courtyard, the dwarf Yazon is poking around Harnel's forge. He examines it with a critical eye. He may not be the best educated when it comes to these things, but his father sure was. You can't help but pick up a few things.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5020/interactionwanted.png

Devixer
2012-09-29, 03:08 PM
[Cessie's Office]

Hildur looks human, for all intents and purposes. But she is very tall, over six feet, and the irises of her eyes are the same color as her Gossamer glove, a pale golden. "Well, that's a bit of a story. I only recently became a demi-dragon by inheriting the name of Maarsukaal. I'm mostly human, but if I Shape air too much, I'll start to look like a small dragon."

Shadowcaller
2012-09-29, 03:47 PM
[Cessie's Office]

"So what does it mean to 'shape air' exactly? What can you do?" The sorceress asks with an raised eyebrow, having already noted down everything else Hildur said.

Devixer
2012-09-29, 04:21 PM
[Cessie's Office]

"I can control it," Hildur says. "I don't fully understand it myself, I'm still learning. But the air is a part of me, I can move it like it was my own hand."

Gnrlshrimp
2012-09-29, 06:06 PM
[Courtyard]

"Well, if you need one more persson to fly, then I ssupposse I sshall have to." Unless someone else volunteers, Damon will go ahead and hop off Vizek's back again.

Shadowcaller
2012-09-30, 05:15 PM
[Courtyard]

As I assume no one else plan to fly (considering they all have reasons not to) I guess they set off to outside (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13982988#post13982988).

[Cessie's Office]

"I can control it," Hildur says. "I don't fully understand it myself, I'm still learning. But the air is a part of me, I can move it like it was my own hand."

[Cessie's Office]

"But if you use it too much, you start to look like a dragon." The sorceress confirms. "So if we speculate a bit here. What do you think you can do for Watch and what do you think Watch can do for you? Do you think for example if we spread your name, you'd do a better work for us?"

Devixer
2012-10-01, 09:27 AM
[Cessie's Office]

"I suppose," Hildur says. She still wasn't sure about how her changing worked either. "Well, I don't really know. I know that I can help with stopping apocalypses, I'm alright in a fight. I didn't just come here to spread my own Name."

Mindfreak
2012-10-01, 10:11 AM
Courtyard

Ok then around 40 years past while only maybe a few months past here.

"Slow down, please. Tell me what do you want from her stuff? You have to understand that we can't really know that you are her ganddaugther."
Courtyard
"She left behind a satchel with wedding gifts for Harnel and Cessie that she never got to give to them. Since I was going to be in this place going after a dragon, she asked me to retrieve the gifts and give them to Harnel and Cessie."
Can't really know that she's her granddaughter? I suppose dragonhunters that look quite a bit like Katherine come through here often? :smalltongue:

Shadowcaller
2012-10-01, 02:04 PM
[Cessie's Office]

"Well, no. I suppose I should have formulated that better. What I meant was, if your name grows will your powers grow with them so you'd do better in a fight? Since that would be a practical reason for spreading your name. Both for you and us." The sorceress replies.

Devixer
2012-10-01, 02:46 PM
[Cessie's Office]

Hildur rubs the back of her neck. "Yeah, I guess, but I'd rather not just tell everyone about me without me earning that. I'm plenty strong already."

Morty
2012-10-01, 05:38 PM
[Forge]

Outside in the courtyard, the dwarf Yazon is poking around Harnel's forge. He examines it with a critical eye. He may not be the best educated when it comes to these things, but his father sure was. You can't help but pick up a few things.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5020/interactionwanted.png

A small blonde head is poked into the forge. Siemko is exploring the strange place his uncle lives in. Now he sort of stares, since he's never seen a dwarf before.

Shadowcaller
2012-10-01, 05:50 PM
[Cessie's Office]

Cessie nods again while making notes. "So how well are you getting along with the other watchmembers since you joined? Have you gotten to really know anyone yet?"

Devixer
2012-10-01, 05:57 PM
[Cessie's Office]

"I haven't really talked to anyone," Hildur says. "I just stay out in the courtyard. It's windier there."

Gullara
2012-10-01, 06:42 PM
A small blonde head is poked into the forge. Siemko is exploring the strange place his uncle lives in. Now he sort of stares, since he's never seen a dwarf before.

[Forge]

It doesn't take too long before Yazon takes note of the boy watching him. "Hello there, boy. I wouldn't've thought there'd be children around here. Are your parents around?" The dwarf asks with a broad, friendly smile.

Shadowcaller
2012-10-02, 04:32 AM
[Cessie's Office]

"Would you like to get to know some of the other people working here? The idea of an organization is that we work together after all and how can we work together if we don't know each other at least at a very basic level?" She asks with an questioningly look at Hildur. "I'm obviously not going to force you to do anything, but it's a suggestion. I know that many members can come off as a bit asocial but I know that Wenomir for instance can be a good friend once you get to know him. Him and I are from completely different worlds but still we can work together. Ilpholin is another example, even if she don't work here anymore she still had good sides once you got to know her. Even if she was even more of my opposite then Wenomir." She was a bit unsure about Ilpholin's status herself but it was best to just give Hildur the official version.

Morty
2012-10-02, 12:58 PM
[Forge]

It doesn't take too long before Yazon takes note of the boy watching him. "Hello there, boy. I wouldn't've thought there'd be children around here. Are your parents around?" The dwarf asks with a broad, friendly smile.

"Um, no sir. My parents don't live here. But I'm staying here with my uncle Wenomir because I'm a psychic and Mister DC is going to teach me," the boy says, rather quickly.

Gullara
2012-10-02, 01:45 PM
[Forge]

"Ah, I never knew Wenomir had siblings around here. Good man your uncle is." Yazon walks a bit closer to Siemko. "Being taught by DC, eh? Haven't got a chance to personally meet the man myself, but I've heard a few things. No doubt you'll be learning a lot. What should I call you, boy? I'm sure your parents thought to give you a name." He says with a chuckle.

Morty
2012-10-02, 01:54 PM
[Forge]

"I'm Siemko, sir. And Uncle Wenomir seems like a good person, but also really scary," the boy says. "Who are you, sir?"

Devixer
2012-10-02, 05:47 PM
[Cessie's Office]

"I uh, I suppose," Hildur says, playing a bit with her fingers. "I'm not really sure how I'd go about that, though."

Gullara
2012-10-02, 06:12 PM
[Forge]

Yazon chuckles a bit. Wenomir would have an intimidating appearance to a child. "My name's Yazon. You'll probably see me around. I live here too."

Shadowcaller
2012-10-02, 06:18 PM
[Cessie's Office]

"That you will have to figure out on your own. I can tell you that I doubt anyone would mind speaking to you however. You seem like a decent person and I can tell you from experience that just striking up a conversation is a long way to go. Just try to find some other member and speak to them and see where it goes. That's all advice I can really give you." The sorceress explains. "In any case, if you need anything or want someone to talk to, I'm here for you."

Devixer
2012-10-02, 06:27 PM
[Cessie's Office]

Hildur shrugs and looks down a little. "I understand," she says. She hasn't talked to anyone much since becoming a demi-dragon, and that hasn't helped her confidence much. "Is there anything else you wanted to know?"

Shadowcaller
2012-10-02, 06:35 PM
[Cessie's Office]

"Not for now, you may leave if you want." She replies.

Devixer
2012-10-02, 06:46 PM
[Cessie's Office]

"Alright," Hildur says as she stands up. "I'll be outside." And then she turns to head for the courtyard.

Morty
2012-10-06, 06:01 PM
[Forge]

Yazon chuckles a bit. Wenomir would have an intimidating appearance to a child. "My name's Yazon. You'll probably see me around. I live here too."

"Are you a warrior too, sir?" Siemko asks, feeling a little bolder.

Zefir
2012-10-07, 05:38 AM
Courtyard
"She left behind a satchel with wedding gifts for Harnel and Cessie that she never got to give to them. Since I was going to be in this place going after a dragon, she asked me to retrieve the gifts and give them to Harnel and Cessie."
Can't really know that she's her granddaughter? I suppose dragonhunters that look quite a bit like Katherine come through here often? :smalltongue:

Courtyard

I don't think the look is much of a problem. Stealing the armor and some illusions and Tada we have her granddaugther. We are in the Nexus EVERYTHING is possible.:smallbiggrin:

"Well then we should look for it. Would you mind if I come alonge with you? I haven't visited Harnel and Cessie since they build their new home."

Mindfreak
2012-10-07, 09:33 AM
Courtyard
"Not at all. I need someone to help me find them anyways. So...lead the way to Katherine's room."
Kari put her helm back on.

Gullara
2012-10-07, 10:45 AM
[Forge]

"That's right. Been fighting most of my life. How about you, boy? You want to fight like your uncle Wenomir?" Yazon asks.

Morty
2012-10-08, 02:48 PM
[Forge]

"I don't know," Siemko says. "Since I'm a psychic, I guess I'll be doing whatever it is that psychics do. But uncle says that they can do a lot of things, so I'll have to decide. But I haven't yet."

Zefir
2012-10-08, 02:53 PM
Courtyard
"Not at all. I need someone to help me find them anyways. So...lead the way to Katherine's room."
Kari put her helm back on.

Courtyard -> [Kathrin's Room]

Mia will lead her to the room once belonged to Kathrin. I'm not sure if this room was shut down by her or not. If this is the case the room won't open unless the granddagther has a key.

Gullara
2012-10-08, 04:48 PM
[Forge]

"Of course. You're still young yet. There's lots of time to figure out these kinds of things. It's good for you to get this opportunity to see how things work around here and get your training. It'll help you in the long run."

The Bushranger
2012-10-09, 10:45 PM
[Courtyard]

Shawna might well be here, practicing with her plasma blades.

Devixer
2012-10-09, 11:08 PM
[Courtyard]

Hildur was out here to enjoy the wind, but she ends up staring at Shawna's plasma blades, trying to figure out what exactly they are.

The Bushranger
2012-10-09, 11:24 PM
[Courtyard]

They're absolutely not lightsabers. Nope. No-way. No-how. I Can't Believe They're Not Lightsabers!

...anyway, the technopaladin is athletically working out, using the (presumably) lethal blades as if they were bo-staffs.

Devixer
2012-10-09, 11:26 PM
[Courtyard]

Hildur continues to examine the Totally Not Lightsabers We Swear, and she pulls her own Gossamer knife from a sheath on her belt. It didn't seem to compare to whatever those were.

The Bushranger
2012-10-09, 11:43 PM
[Courtyard]

Shawna wraps up her workout with a backflip, both blades spinning in the air. Seized by the hilt on the way down, deactivated, and attached to her belt.

Which they meld seamlessly into. As if they weren't there at all. Huh.

"My apologies. I was not aware of the fact that I was keeping you from your own enjoyment of the courtyard," the technicolor-haired techno-paladin says with an apologetic (and contraction-free) tone.

Devixer
2012-10-09, 11:47 PM
[Courtyard]

Hildur shakes her head as Shawna apologizes. "No, it's fine. To be honest, I come out here for the fresh air more for the courtyard itself." A breeze starts to blow as she says that, almost as if it's making a point.

The Bushranger
2012-10-09, 11:58 PM
[Courtyard]

"It is quite enjoyable for that, is it not? Still though, I can leave you to your thoughts if that is what you desire," Shawna offers.

Devixer
2012-10-10, 12:01 AM
[Courtyard]

"Oh, no, I wouldn't mind if you stayed here. I should socialize more often anyway," Hildur says before chuckling at herself.

The Bushranger
2012-10-10, 12:22 AM
[Courtyard]

"Very well. I do not believe that we have properly met, anyway. I am Shawna von Letters," Shawna introduces herself, offering a hand for shaking.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/Wukei/shawna0001.png

Devixer
2012-10-10, 12:26 AM
[Courtyard]

"It's nice to meet you Shawna," Hildur says, shaking the offered hand. "I'm Hildur Lange. I'd prefer if you called me Maarsukaal, though."

The Bushranger
2012-10-10, 12:29 AM
[Courtyard]

"A most intriguing...nickname? Or a granted name?" Shawna asks, curiously, taking a seat next to Hildur.

Devixer
2012-10-10, 12:39 AM
[Courtyard]

"Technically, it's my true Name, inherited from a great dragon." Hildur doesn't react to Shawna sitting next to her. "Long story."

The Bushranger
2012-10-10, 01:17 AM
[Courtyard]

"Fascinating. It is one I would not be adverse to hearing perhaps some day, if you cared to share," Shawna observes.

Devixer
2012-10-10, 01:21 AM
[Courtyard]

"Perhaps. Not today, though. I haven't prepared a frantic way to tell it." Hildur smiles a bit at her bad joke.

The Bushranger
2012-10-10, 01:23 AM
[Courtyard]

"Well, perhaps when you have." Shawna chuckles a little, then leans back. "Right now, however, I believe I should meditate for a short time."

(And deadtime, night!)

Devixer
2012-10-10, 02:39 AM
[Courtyard]

"Well, I won't stop you," Hildur says. She starts to move the air around a bit, for no real reason.

Morty
2012-10-10, 08:27 AM
[Forge]

"Of course. You're still young yet. There's lots of time to figure out these kinds of things. It's good for you to get this opportunity to see how things work around here and get your training. It'll help you in the long run."

"It's all so strange," Siemko says very quickly, emboldened by Yazon's friendly attitude. "First we came here, then our new village was tormented by fae, then two people from here came to help and it turns out my uncle is alive and they're friends with him. And now I'm psychic."

billtodamax
2012-10-10, 09:33 AM
From the formless aether between dimensions, a path unfurls up, driven towards WATCHTOWER, eventually aligning with The Nexus - but as it does so, it snaps and twists, cracking against the dimension lock that surrounds the base. It flicks wildly about before finding a space it can anchor to - the front gate. Space shudders, warps, and for the fleetest of seconds it tears, as a body falls out of the air onto the path that leads to the gate.

He (for it is a he) staggers to his feet, brushes the dust off of his poorly fitting blue robe, and picks up his pointed hat.

Oh Flath. This is not where I was aiming at at all. He looks around, biting his lip. Miiiiiike! Can you hear me? Mike!

Mike doesn't seems to be answering.

Gullara
2012-10-10, 12:09 PM
[Forge]

Yazon chuckles. "Sounds like things have been exciting. I hear that's a common trend around here. Just stick with your uncle and us lot and you'll do fine."

Morty
2012-10-10, 01:34 PM
[Forge]

"I will sir," the budding psychic says with a nod. "I've never met a dwarf before. I've only heard stories, but they didn't sound like you," he adds.

Gullara
2012-10-10, 01:41 PM
[Forge]

"No? Suppose someone could be using a similar word, but that seems odd. Dwarves where I'm from are largely known for our work with metals. I grew up in a mining community myself. Worked with my father at the forge in my youth, though I was better suited to fighting than forging. And that's the other thing we're known for, our armies. Or at least we used to be, but that'd take a history lesson to explain."

Mindfreak
2012-10-10, 06:58 PM
Courtyard -> [Kathrin's Room]

Mia will lead her to the room once belonged to Kathrin. I'm not sure if this room was shut down by her or not. If this is the case the room won't open unless the granddagther has a key.
Courtyard -> Katherine's Room
Kari does, of course, retrieve a key from her bag and unlocks the door.
Moving to the bed, she reaches underneath and retrieves a bag.
Opening the closet, she retrieves another bag, one that didn't have gifts in it.

The Bushranger
2012-10-10, 07:04 PM
[Courtyard]

Shawna is still here, as it happens, on her back and meditating, her eyes emptily staring up at the sky with a small smile on her face.

Devixer
2012-10-10, 07:12 PM
[Courtyard]

Hildur's also here, but she isn't on the ground. Rather, she's resting on the air, floating as if it was nothing to anyone else.

billtodamax
2012-10-10, 07:44 PM
[Front Gate - Courtyard]

The man wanders into WATCHTOWER, glancing around nervously as he does. He spots Hildur and Shawna, and calls out, hoping to attract at least one of their attentions.

Can someone help, please? I think I wandered too far!

The Bushranger
2012-10-10, 07:47 PM
[Courtyard]

In a flash, the the technicolor-haired technopaladin is on her feet, plasma blade activated and pointing to the newcomer.

"How did you get in here?" she demands.

She's clearly planning to have a few words with KR about Fun-Sized Security And Death Machines being necessary.

Mindfreak
2012-10-10, 07:49 PM
Training Grounds
Kirlia is meditating here!
She's sitting cross-legged, floating a foot above the ground, deep in concentration.
Perfect time for someone to show up and say: "WAZZUP!?" :smalltongue:
((interaction, anyone?))

billtodamax
2012-10-10, 07:51 PM
The man shouts, stumbles backwards, and falls hard on his arse.

Sorry! I'll leave! He shouts, backing away from the crazy woman.

He just came in through the gate!