PDA

View Full Version : [Request] There's a big ol' file out there that needs a' seeding...

Saintheart
2012-05-14, 10:16 AM
This is not, as far as I can tell, illegal in any way.

Basically, a couple years ago a very, very nice fellow who used MapTools a lot went and made a massive torrent of D&D mapping objects and art he'd collected for use with programs like RPTools or Dundjinni. He set it up as a torrent because the file was 2.72 Gig (!) Very unfortunately, it looks to have been a loooong time since anyone downloaded it, and as such it's disappeared into the the ether of neither seeds nor leechers being there. I did have this collection a few years ago, but HD crashes and other issues meant I long since deleted it.

The torrent's filename was under "Mapping Objects" or "Mapping Objects.zip".

Again, I am not advocating piracy in any way shape or form. As far as I can tell from reading the file's history, this was a legal collection to distribute.

What I am hoping is that a few nice people could perhaps re-seed the file if they know it or they have it? It would be very, very much appreciated and this resource shouldn't disappear off the Net.

Anyone know the file/have the file/know the torrent? Ring any bells? :)

Badgerish
2012-05-14, 01:06 PM
I recognise the torrent of which you speak, unfortunately, I have since added/removed/moved items within it, so I don't have the original zip file or it's torrent :(

I got it off the RPtools.net forums original.

It is a useful resource, but can be hard to find things... and some things are huge! (7.5mb ruined farmhouse image)

Enix18
2012-05-14, 02:52 PM
I'm familiar with the torrent in question; in fact, I'm certain that I downloaded it a couple years ago. I'm unfortunately away from my primary computer at the moment, but late tomorrow I should be able to check and see if I can be of any assistance.

Saintheart
2012-05-14, 06:27 PM
I can see one seed at least, so if that's you guys, thanks! :)

Course, if anyone else is out there, it'd be really, really good if you could seed more ... this is a nice resource for mapping, and now I've got my head a bit more around MapTools I think I can use it a lot better than I did... :D

(Summary: PLZ SEED :D )

Madeiner
2012-05-14, 09:25 PM
I downloaded the file long ago and never even opened it, but i somehow remember the name...

Anyway, it's still sitting somewhere on my NAS, so i'm seeding it at 30 kbsec for a few days, enjoy!

graymagiker
2012-05-14, 11:47 PM
Could we get the torrent file? I'd be happy to download it and seed it for a few days as well.

Saintheart
2012-05-15, 10:58 PM
Google it up under "mapping objects" or "mapping objects.zip". For additional zeroing in, search up RPTools since that's the forums I think it originated from. :smallcool:

EDIT: isohunt's got it here: isohunt.com/torrent_details/100064485/?tab=summary ... the page is blocked on my work machine. :smallfrown:

Saintheart
2012-05-16, 06:27 AM
Any other takers? 31.5% and stalled ... sorry to shamelessly double post, but this can be classed as an overall community resource... :smallwink:

Madeiner
2012-05-16, 08:23 AM
Any other takers? 31.5% and stalled ... sorry to shamelessly double post, but this can be classed as an overall community resource... :smallwink:

Maybe you are having connection problems?
I am still seeding it 24hr/day but i can't see any takers.

Check for my ip, x.x.66.24.
Do you have open ports on your router?

Saintheart
2012-05-16, 08:28 AM
...I've got a horrible feeling we might be seeding and leeching different files. The file I can see on utorrent is mapping_objects.zip ... maybe it's a slightly different torrent? I don't think I have open ports on the router...

EDIT: Though I haven't been monitoring it, and it's at 37%-ish having pulled 48 kbps for a while there...

Madeiner
2012-05-16, 08:40 AM
I have the same file.
Can you tell me the last digits of your IP? I'll try seeding on my home pc instead of the nas, which i noticed it sometimes loses some connections.

I won't be able to seed it 24hr/d though

Edit: i downloaded my torrent from piratebay. You can try and download it again from here and add it to utorrent, it should tell you that it will add those trackers on your file.

However, you should try and port forward utorrent's ports on your local ip address from your router, if you know how to do it. Otherwise you are not sure you will ever connect to me.

Saintheart
2012-05-16, 08:48 AM
I wish I knew them. In any event from my end it does look like I'm leeching what you're seeding, although I'm puzzled I'm not sort-of showing up on your screens. It's running about 20-ish kbps at the moment, don't worry about making it any more complicated; I'll take slow and steady any day. :) Thanks again! :smallcool:

EDIT: Huh, updated the tracker and now there's two seeds - one in the US, one in Italy, both at 100%. Cool!

Madeiner
2012-05-16, 08:50 AM
It seems i have found you :)
Australian IP at 38.4% percent currently, leeching at 20-30 k speed :)
I'll keep it up while my pc is online.

Saintheart
2012-05-16, 09:22 AM
http://boswerlk.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/vlcsnap-2010-04-22-11h57m52s54.png?w=500

YOU BLEW MY COVAAAHHHH

:smallbiggrin:

Cheers again!

Nepenthe
2012-05-17, 12:58 AM
Just finished downloading this. I'm going to try to seed for awhile if anyone still needs it.

Saintheart
2012-05-17, 02:23 AM
Please do - 90% and I'm away from my machine right now! I promise I'll seed for a couple of days afterward! :smallsmile:

Madeiner
2012-05-17, 07:10 AM
I'm up again today for seeding! You should be able to complete it!

Saintheart
2012-05-17, 07:58 AM
And it's done! Thanks again, guys. Will seed as soon as I have the chance - probably post up here when I do for max. awareness.

Saintheart
2012-06-02, 08:56 AM
Quick note for the interested - I'm seeding this file for a while, maybe about 6-7 hours or so. If anyone's desperately hanging on a seed...

JustPlayItLoud
2012-06-02, 11:30 AM
This seems like a pretty good resource. I'll download and try to remember to leave it seeding when I'm online.

GM.Casper
2012-06-05, 06:19 AM
Anyone still seeding?

Badgerish
2012-06-05, 08:01 AM
I'm seeding it when I run the relevant programs, but that's only occasionally for overnight and through the workday.

edit: seeding until 6pm GMT wednesday.

Saintheart
2012-06-25, 07:31 AM
Hey guys -- quick note, I'm seeding this for a couple of hours if anyone wants to grab some pieces...

Sudain
2012-06-25, 02:21 PM
When I get home I'll set this to DL and seed for a few weeks. Thank you for the heads up!