PDA

View Full Version : [Legend] The Forest of Blades IC

BlackestOfMages
2012-05-14, 12:08 PM
Before you stands the thick canopy of the Forest of blades, the noonday sun glinting off the metallic green leaves, highlighting their razor sharp edge In the distance you can see a tall stone building barely clearing the top of the forest – your destination. Your guide turns to you, worry evident on his face “I apologise, sirs and madams, but this is as close as I get to the cursed forest” he says nervously, before pointing to a simple dirt track leading into the forest.
“If you stick to the track you should reach your destination within a number of days, so long as you go left when the path splits. I warn you, the right path may be faster is treacherous; the last group that wished to kill themselves in the forest found that to their peril, or so the one survivor says. I pray you survive your expedition, but I must go, many more fools are flocking to their deaths and I am to be the one to bring them to this threshold.”
Your guide turns around, following the path back to civilizations. As you can see in the forest itself the dirt path soon splits into three – one to the left that looks to be more tended and well-travelled, with signs of footprints A path directly ahead, which would take you to the temple as the crow fles, and the aforementioned right path.

OOC Thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13227190#post13227190)

kornwiser
2012-05-19, 02:02 PM
An image of Argus's suffering village flashed through his mind.

Somewhere in here is the Water of Life that will save my people.

"Time is short. I say we take the right path."

Hellfire014
2012-05-19, 06:32 PM
Kerrack frowns, and says "I have been here before, long ago, though I never entered the forest, and there was still about a couple hundred feet left before reaching the forest." Kerrack sighs, and shakes his head. "That is all I remember from that visit. I vote left, better safety than speed. I'd personally rather not walk off a cliff... again.

Omeganaut
2012-05-22, 09:13 PM
Sharper looks about at the paths. He sniffs the air, and sticks a finger in his mouth to test the air. He then rubs his feet together and pokes Argus, giving him a light shock. "Don't be so serious, gosh, what a downer... I say lets go Left. Death does not sound like what I want to do with my life! Besides, there is only so much I can heal, and I doubt you want me shocking you back awake more than once. I've been told it's rather unpleasant. Like that time at that Shindig place..." Sharper turns to face the woods and begins to ramble on a wild story involving a lightning rod, a rather improper daughter, and an angry father with a lack of climbing skills.

Rokku
2012-05-23, 01:13 PM
"Right," says John, "I'm feeling... lucky."