PDA

View Full Version : PMA - Rising Lords and Falling Ladies

Pages : [1] 2 3

hustlertwo
2012-05-14, 02:52 PM
Link to original thread: here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232935)

I would rather stay with you, to make sure you don't try to die again, but as you wish.

She recalls the newly empowered Sprout and prepares to go off with Will, unless he says otherwise.

Arcran
2012-05-14, 03:02 PM
"Wait," Alvor says before she can leave. "If Will thinks he can make it back alone, I'd like it if you stayed," he says.

Eshkigal
2012-05-14, 03:14 PM
"I'd have the easiest time fortifying the position with my team, but likely the best chances to get to town. Alvor, Shadow's poorly off, and Qway! may not be enough even with Joanna's help here. But before that, I have a miltank that could heal another, who in turn may heal another, and Joanna has her chansey...what is her name, anyway? Don't think I've heard her name yet. Anyway, we could move or bury the absol, Baroness gets ready to wrap the next one, and we try to catch them in a controlled environment."

Arcran
2012-05-14, 03:18 PM
"The Absol's skin could fetch us some coin," he says, eyeing it. "But if we could heal one, we could catch two more, then kill the big one and sell it in town. Does that sound good?" Alvor says, looking to his companions.

Eshkigal
2012-05-14, 04:51 PM
"I suppose, though a breeder with a farm may trade well for one, and the more I have on hand, the more I can breed for more pay from milk or meat."

Arcran
2012-05-14, 06:42 PM
"That's true," Alvor says. "Let's get one for me and Joanna, catch and sell the other, then skin the Absol, see what we can get from it. Deal?"

hustlertwo
2012-05-14, 09:33 PM
Ready when you two are.

Joanna stands ready with her Sewaddle deployed.

Eshkigal
2012-05-14, 09:37 PM
"Agreed."
He drags the absol out of sight, first, and sends out Baroness.
"Coil around the bigger one, Baroness, but don't squeeze unless we tell you to. Joanna, mind sending out your chansey?"

hustlertwo
2012-05-14, 09:48 PM
Lily appears and the Chansey immediately sends a glowing, warm light toward the largest of the fallen Miltanks. It stirs, and rises on shaky legs. Anger flares in its eyes as it notices Joanna, whose Sunkern had dispatched it earlier. Seeing the snake nearby, however, it lashes out and attempts to Stomp Seviper.

[roll]1d20[/roll [roll0] flinch on 15 or more.

Less than 50% HP but more than 25.

hustlertwo
2012-05-14, 09:49 PM
[roll0]

Stomp accuracy.

Eshkigal
2012-05-14, 09:57 PM
"Calm down! If you hadn't attacked us, we would have fed you and tried to befriend you!"
Errol looks angry as the miltank strikes his lover, and coughs up a blast of flame before Will manages to get his quartz out.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

hustlertwo
2012-05-14, 10:08 PM
Another shining blue quartz, a second caught Miltank. Level 14 and female as before. Joanna looks to Will.

Now what? Lily is tapped out until we return to the healer.

Eshkigal
2012-05-14, 10:12 PM
"First off, here's one for you."
He hands Joanna Bessie's ball, as Errol goes over to check on the Baroness.
"That one's yours. Second off, you know how the one healed itself earlier? We may be able to use these two to patch the last pair up. Or we only do one and find a way to drag the final one back."
He sends out Regent, and calls Errol and Baroness over to his side. No point in having wounded mon in the line of fire.

hustlertwo
2012-05-14, 10:31 PM
Such a sweetie. But I already told you, I want to catch my own creatures. I will use this one to try.

She sends out Bessie, who looks around in confusion but with no apparent malice.

All right Bess, heal up one of your sisters.

It dutifully listens and the hot white fluid is slurped up by the unconscious Miltank, which now stands. Fearful, the creature drinks its own milk as well and then huddles close to the one that brought it back, and on the third crystal toss is snatched up by Joanna.

Yes! My own Miltank!

Eshkigal
2012-05-14, 10:52 PM
"I know, but it's more that these ones will not be as willing to listen due to us making them regain consciousness."
He looks at the last one.
"Alvor, would you like the last, or one of mine?"

Arcran
2012-05-14, 11:08 PM
"I'll take the last," Alvor says, holding his last quartz. "Somebody heal it up please."

Eshkigal
2012-05-14, 11:12 PM
Will sends out the less loyal miltank, and grabs its horns.
"I am going to put this simply. We meant you no harm. Heal your friend up, please."

hustlertwo
2012-05-14, 11:20 PM
The beast spits on your tunic, a foul, grassy wad of phlegm. But it does as you request. The revived Miltank, severely weakened still, merely glares at Alvor and Qway! but does nothing.

Arcran
2012-05-14, 11:25 PM
Alvor leaves nothing to chance; he releases Elektro before he throws the quartz.

"Thunder Wave," he says simply, lobbing the quartz when the large cow was paralyzed.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-05-15, 03:57 AM
"Thank you. Return."
He recalls the angry cow and turns to Joanna, trying to brush the miltank spit off.
"And that, Joanna, is why I offered the tamer one."

hustlertwo
2012-05-15, 08:59 AM
Disturbed by the sudden burst of electricity, the Miltank panics, overcoming the paralysis and charging past you in an attempt to flee. It is 5 meters away currently.

Arcran
2012-05-15, 09:18 AM
Alvor rushes after the cow, lobbing his Great Quartz.

[roll0]

hustlertwo
2012-05-15, 09:28 AM
The last Miltank goes the way of the other four. Level 11 female, like the one Joanna caught.

Joanna smiles.

Might be better in the long run than killing them for meat. With four Miltanks we could set up the beginnings of a good dairy farm, if we ever find a place for it.

Arcran
2012-05-15, 10:22 AM
Alvor grins at that.

"I think I have an idea where we could," he says, trying to pick up whatever is left of the Absol's corpse.

"But first, let's take down this Captain. We can sell this," he says, shrugging the corpse onto his shoulders. "It's dead anyways, might as well try to get somethibf for it."

Eshkigal
2012-05-15, 10:28 AM
"True enough, I suppose. Mind if I do one thing? If these pokemon had eggs, it wouldn't do to leave them easy prey, and there is a small chance of an absol egg if there are any."

Arcran
2012-05-15, 11:16 AM
"Go ahead Will," Alvor says, calling Shadow over.

Eshkigal
2012-05-15, 01:10 PM
"Marie, Phillip, come out you two."
He recalls Errol, Positive, and Baroness, then sends out the twin trackers.
"Can you two try tracking the scent of the absol?"
He pats his zoruas affectionately before sending them to sniff around.
[roll0]
[roll1]

hustlertwo
2012-05-15, 09:05 PM
The pair lead you to the Absol's den nearby. Piles of droppings and half-eaten Patrat carcasses are the main elements of decor.

Perception checks, 1 apiece.

Eshkigal
2012-05-15, 09:06 PM
[roll0]-Perception check

Arcran
2012-05-15, 09:06 PM
Alvor: [roll0]
Joanna: [roll1]

hustlertwo
2012-05-15, 09:22 PM
Joanna is distracted by some pretty flowers and pays no mind, but both Alvor and Will sense they might be missing something here...

You both missed, but got close enough to have one last chance. Joanna did not.

Arcran
2012-05-15, 09:23 PM
Let's get lucky!
[roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-05-15, 09:24 PM
Will takes a closer look around.
[roll0]

hustlertwo
2012-05-15, 09:34 PM
Arc notices something peculiar near the sizable spoor piles left behind by the late Absol. One yellowish berry and two purple ones are sprouting from the....fertilized ground nearby. A glint reveals two quartz as well, one normal and the other a premiere model, of the kind often given away by eager shopkeepers.

Arcran
2012-05-15, 10:05 PM
Alvor puts down the Absol just long enough to pick up the loot, then hefts the body back onto his shoulders.

"Shall we go?"

Eshkigal
2012-05-15, 10:08 PM
"I think so."
He stepped out and called to Joanna.
"We're ready to head out, Joanna."

hustlertwo
2012-05-15, 10:16 PM
You make it back to Limberry Coast with little issue. Business is beginning to wind down, and you see a few disgruntled trainers leaving the castle; apparently the time for trainers to challenge the Duchess has passed for the day.

Eshkigal
2012-05-15, 10:21 PM
Will slips Alvor five gold as he moves to keep his pace behind Joanna.
"I'm going to see if Jayna could use any help. Would you two like to come with me or find something for you two to do together?"
There's enough emphasis on the last word that Alvor should pick up on it.

Arcran
2012-05-15, 10:35 PM
Alvor manages to pick up his friends hint.

"Sure. We'll meet you at the inn later, alright?" he says, shrugging the Absol further up on his shoulders. He then turns to Joanna.

"Well, once I've gotten rid of this deadweight, do you want to go get something to eat?" he asks, looking around for a butcher or tanner, somewhere he could sell an Absol corpse.

hustlertwo
2012-05-15, 10:44 PM
A high-end clothing shop operates near the castle, fashioning avant-garde garments for the minor nobles and sycophants who surround Paris. The long-nosed woman behind the counter inspects the Absol hide with a sniff of derision.

"So much rending and tearing...it simply does not do to kill such a fine beast in such a brutal manner. Wreaks havoc on the coat's patina. However, we rarely see Absol skins here; if anything, it might be more likely to see an Absol succeed in skinning those who came after its hide. There is likely enough in here for a clever little tunic or two. I'll give you 14 gold for it, and not a copper more.

Eshkigal
2012-05-15, 10:50 PM
Meanwhile, Will heads into Jayna's shop.
"Could you use a hand, Jayna?"

Arcran
2012-05-15, 11:04 PM
Alvor gladly takes the deal; just the hide was worth just as much as a dead Miltank. He keeps the horn though, not sure where he'd sell that.

His coinpurse significantly heavier, Alvor turns to Joanna. "I'm yours now," he says with a grin. "Actually, I have an idea," he says, leading her towards the city's docks. When he gets there he looks for something about boat rentals or pleasure cruises.

hustlertwo
2012-05-16, 09:14 AM
Will:

You see her putting away the herbs and tinctures of her trade as her working day winds to a close.

"Actually, I'm finished up. Just restored the last of our Captain's victims. No one got lucky today, I'm afraid. How did your hunt go?"

-------------------------------------------------

Alvor:

A simple craft propelled by oar can be rented for 10 silver an hour.

Arcran
2012-05-16, 09:21 AM
"Stay here," Alvor says, dashing off to find somewhere he could buy a fancier dinner for two that he could bring on a boat. When he finds that he buys the dinner and hurries back to the docks.

When he arrives he rents out the boat for four hours. He then returns to Joanna.

"Your carriage awaits," he says, leading her to the boat.

Eshkigal
2012-05-16, 09:49 AM
"A little mixed, honestly. We found miltank, but Alvor accidentally slew an absol that seemed interested in them, unfortunately. Apparently, Qway! is stronger than either one of us thought."
He sets the wounded pokemon in their balls aside for now.
"Was today's group of challengers better off than your norm, at least?"

hustlertwo
2012-05-16, 09:57 PM
Will:

"Most days there's at least one or two who are victorious. Paris seems to win more than most captains, no doubt due in part to her ruthless nature and the seemingly bottomless funds she uses to acquire the best creatures from all over the continent. But no one can defend against all comers."

She looks at the crystals you set aside.

"is that something you need me to take care of? Tell me now, while my things are still out. No sense forcing them to suffer through the night when I am at your service."

----------------------------------------------

Alvor:

Another 5 silver snags a fine meal featuring fresh seafood from the area. Over Corphish legs and filets of Goldeen you enjoy a quiet, romantic ride around the bay. Tender moments are shared, sweet nothings whispered, and a relationship begins to blossom. You end up owing an extra 10 silver for another hour's rental, but neither you or Joanna seem to be too concerned about it.

Arcran
2012-05-16, 10:04 PM
Alvor laughs loudly at a joke Joanna had just told, then looks at the setting sun.

"It's getting late," he says sadly. "We should probably head back to the inn," he says, walking that way, holding her hand if she will allow him/

Eshkigal
2012-05-16, 10:07 PM
"Yes. Some of my team got wounded, and two new miltanks. One seems to dislike me quite a bit, though. At least let me help with them?"

hustlertwo
2012-05-16, 11:19 PM
Will:

Together you restore the wounded mon. The Miltanks continue to be rather sullen. After you are done Jayna returns to your earlier query.

"I don't know a lot about winning creatures over; that's more a trainer's job than a healer. But I suppose they are a lot like people: they dislike and fear change. And the best way to deal with that fear is to give them stability and comfort. Food, time outside the crystal, not letting them get beaten down too oftne. I'm sure there's other factors too."

-----------------------------------------

Alvor:

You walk back arm in arm as the day winds to a close. It is one of the happier moments in your short and toubled life thus far.

Arcran
2012-05-16, 11:28 PM
Alvor grins happily, not talking, just savoring the moment. When he arrives back at the inn he quickly kisses Joanna on the cheeck then heads up to his room to try to get some rest, having Qway! watch the door as he didn't need it, and trying to get Shadow to sleep near him, not letting the Zorua sleep on the bed yet.

Eshkigal
2012-05-16, 11:54 PM
"I try my best to leave most of my team out at any time, and attempt to treat them well, so that probably won't be an issue too long."
He looks around awkwardly, obviously inexperienced on this part.
"So, um...after we finish cleaning up, would you like to do something together, Jayna?"

hustlertwo
2012-05-17, 11:13 AM
Will:

She pinches your cheek.

"I thought you'd never ask. What would you like to do, sweet Mr. Thatcher? I have nowhere I'd rather be right now."

----------------------------

Alvor:

The Zorua shoots a disgruntled look at you as you shoo it off the bed, but accepts its spot on the floor. No one attempts to rob or rape you during the night, and you awake late in the morning, feeling a bit groggy but fairly replenished after that long day before.

Arcran
2012-05-17, 11:58 AM
Alvor gets up, scratching Shadow's head as he does so.

"Morning," he mutters to his Pokemon, gathering up his gear and heading downstairs to buy some breakfast.

Eshkigal
2012-05-17, 10:56 PM
"Well...why not a night on the town? You could show me places you enjoy, I could treat you to dinner if you haven't eaten yet, we could do things together?"
That sounded about right for a way to handle this. He offered an arm as he tucked the pokeballs back onto his belt.

hustlertwo
2012-05-18, 12:35 AM
Though somewhat awkward with the social niceties, Will manages to pitch a fair bit of woo at the healer. The evening ends with a warm peck on the cheek, and a relatively happy and untroubled slumber for the servant.

In the morning, you meet Alvor downstairs. Someone comes in from outside around the same time, looking like a potential candidate for the Seviper egg you so recently produced...

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-18, 04:39 AM
Audentino enters the inn and looks round. Dressed in the finest black and red silks, his clothes looked like they had seen better days. The expensive fabric had worn down with time. The black was now closer to dark grea, and the reds has worn down. His boots were caked in mud, and from his hip hung a sword. H hood obscured his face from view.

He strode straight up to the reception desk, and droped his coin pouch on it with a heavy thud to get the innkeepers attention. When someone came to the desk, he leaned over to them.

'I am looking for someone. I have heard there is a man staying here. A breeder of beats. I wish to acquire a certain creature of his. A Seviper, a large snake. Can you inform me where I might find this man?'

Eshkigal
2012-05-18, 02:23 PM
Will turns as he overhears this, looking away from feeding the smaller members of his team.
"That would be me, though I have found an electric type suited to the purpose I originally sought to trade for. Although...would you mind if I had the mother, Baroness, take measure of your demeanor?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-18, 06:11 PM
The man picks up his coin purse and faces Will.

'By what do you mean my demeanor? Never mind, go ahead, but if the snake tries anything I have my sword. Keep it under control.'

Eshkigal
2012-05-18, 06:18 PM
"Merely that you're a good match for one of her and Errol's eggs. Outside, if you will."
A charmander hops up onto his clothes and up his back, perching on a shoulder as he heads outside. Once there, he sends out a rather large serpent.
"Baroness, the good sir would like one of your eggs. Your judgement of the man?"
She slithers up to you and stares Soltaire in the eyes.

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-18, 06:42 PM
Audentino walks straight up to the Seviper. He stares it straight in the eyes, showing no hesitation. 'This is not how I usually make purchases. Is this meant to be some sort of intimidation? Get me to make an increased offer? If so, then your plan has failed sir. Your snake is impressive though, I give you that. I'll offer 2 gold for an egg, 3 if it's close to hatching.'

Eshkigal
2012-05-18, 06:49 PM
The seviper laughs before nudging you in the chest amicably and nodding.
"Actually, the egg's free. I just want to make sure they go to people the parents trust. They do worry about their young, after all, so it helps give them peace of mind."
Will just smiles at the strange guy as he pulls the egg out of his pack.
"Have you eaten yet? If not, why not join us for a bit?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-18, 06:55 PM
'While the kindness of strangers is indeed a noble cause, I have seen first hand that deals that seem to good to be true are often so. What do you want in exchange? And if you try and more of this kindness nonsense, it will not go well. I came here for a business exchange, not some sort off hustle. Explain yourself sir, or we shall cross swords.'

He never once looked at Will, never taking his eyes off of Baroness.

Eshkigal
2012-05-18, 07:03 PM
"Sir, first off are you sure threatening me in front of my Errol and his mate is a good idea?"
They growl as you threaten him, before both get recalled.
"We each have our own way in life. I saw many I cared for suffer for far too long and was unable to do anything, family and friend alike, so I try and help as many as I can now. Do you understand that?"

Arcran
2012-05-18, 07:13 PM
Alvor, hearing the threats to his friend, gives a pointed look to Joanna then nods his head towards the new guy.

Shadow, if he tries anything, get ready to take him down, he says into the Zorua's mind, waving to Qway! to bring him closer as well. His hand rests on the hilt of his hammer.

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-18, 07:13 PM
'All I know is that a sob story is another tactic of an unhonest merchant. If you are sincere, then I'll apologise. But trust is a thing to be earned, not given. And I do not know you or your goals. You have said the egg is free, so I'll take it. If you later change you mind and ask for something in return, I shall repay you to a value of no more than 2 gold. I shall not indebt myself to a stranger who may or may not be attempting to trick me.'

He ***** an eyebrow at Will, curious to see his next move.

Eshkigal
2012-05-18, 07:32 PM
"Take it whatever way you wish, but my price is that you take good care of that egg and the life within, understood? You either find a breeder you trust to check the egg or come see me, but you make sure it's being cared for. Are we clear?"
He makes no threatening move, no change in posture. Just a smile.
"Now, if you excuse me, I have pokemon to feed, eggs that hatch today, and miltanks to win over after a somewhat messy capture. So either join us for breakfast, or I hope you have a good day, sir."

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-18, 08:12 PM
'As I say, if you are sincere I'm sorry. But you are either a saint, a fool or a trickster. I shall take the egg. From how you present yourself, the third is unlikely. I shall hope the first and expect the second. I have never mistreated my pokemon, they are as precious to me as my blade.' He summons out his Doduo Chocobo. The bird is strapped with a harness, either for riding or carrying Solitaires pack. 'See. My mode of transport is in fine health. Now call of your attack dog with the hammer and the woman. My blade is for making money, not street brawling. I have already apologised and have no desire to draw attention to myself. If I buy you, your body guard and his consort a meal, would that settle this miscommunication?'

Eshkigal
2012-05-18, 08:21 PM
Will's eyes narrow at the consort comment, and a frown crosses his face.
"Sir, you have a misinterpretation of our group's roles. That is my Lord, Alvor. Our companion is Joanna, who is like a sister to me and Lord Alvor is courting. And as for which one, I will admit it is the second, honestly. I am but a fool who would like to be remembered for good deeds, though your insinuation about Miss Joanna does push my patience."
He shakes his head, and his smile returns.
"Also, my Lord has fairly good ears, so if you come in, I would recommend apologizing to Miss Joanna first. Understood? If you wish to pay, then so be it, but despite what you seem to insinuate-admittedly, understandable in this day and age-my offer stands as I like being courteous."

Arcran
2012-05-18, 08:28 PM
As soon as Alvor hears the word "consort" he is out of his chair, marching towards the overly cocky man.

Shadow, if he goes for his blade, kill him.

Alvor grasps the man's shirtfront, pushing him backwards.

"Alright," he says, his eyes red with rage. "You've threatened my friend, insulted my companion, and now have called my girlfriend a consort. Either draw like a man or back down, you slimy filth," he says, spitting in anger.

Eshkigal
2012-05-18, 08:31 PM
"See? Good ears."
He shakes his head.
"Told you you should apologize to Joanna, sir."

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-18, 08:57 PM
'My mother was a consort. Are you implying there is something wrong with that? Or should I apologise for my mother? There is nothing wrong with a consort, but if you wish, I shall apologise.' He never once blinks, keeping his eyes on Alvor. 'You have a powerful beast there, and I could never hope to match it. If you do not accept my apology and wish to cross blades with me, let it be as men. My sword against your hammer.'

Arcran
2012-05-18, 09:00 PM
Alvor stares right back, unblinking.

"No, there is nothing wrong with the occupation," he starts, voice a little too calm. "But there is something wrong with calling my girlfriend a common whore. Apologize to her, and I won't leave you bleeding in the streets."

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-18, 09:11 PM
Solitair flips to his feet.

'A consort is NOT A WHORE! I never called your woman such a thing. But I will apologise. Now stand down.'

His hand rests on his sword, but he does not draw it.

Arcran
2012-05-18, 09:16 PM
Alvor lets go of Solitair's shirt, shoving him slighlty as he does so.

"Good. Now do it. And kiss her boot while you're at it."

Eshkigal
2012-05-18, 09:22 PM
"Both of you, stop."
Will sighs as he gets between the two.
"Alvor, he insulted Joanna, so you insulted his mother by going straight to whore from consort. Sir, you insulted Joanna by calling her consort and in turn he insulted you mother. I would suggest apologizing to the one present before anything happens, at least, and apologizing for calling his mother a whore. But it must be sincere, understood?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-18, 09:48 PM
Soltaire draws out his blade, then drops it so the point sticks into the dirt. It could be snatched up in an instant, but it was a gesture none-the-less. He also recalls his pokemon.

'I appologise.' He says with a blank face.

Arcran
2012-05-18, 09:51 PM
Alvor nods, waiting to see if there is any reaction from Joanna.

hustlertwo
2012-05-18, 10:12 PM
Joanna, brow furrowed, glares at the juvenile men around her, alighting first on Solitaire.

Thank you for the apology. In the future it would be best not to guess at a woman's occupation. Unless she tells you, it's none of your concern. I must admit, I'm pretty offended by this recent turn of events, but not so much by you...

She turns the full force of her gaze upon Alvor.

...as by you. We had such a good night last night, where I felt like I was finally getting to see the sweet man beneath the gruff and lordly demeanor. And now look at you! I appreciate the defense of my honor, but you went too far and just became a common bully. I mean, 'kiss her boot'? How is it this fellow calls me a whore and you're coming off as the rude one here? Too much machismo in here. I'm going for a walk. When you boys have finished waggling your....swords, you can find me along the beach nearby.

Arcran
2012-05-18, 10:22 PM
Alvor moves to grab Joanna's arm, but stops short, thinking better of it. He turns to Solitaire.

"I'll be taking my leave now. I have much more important matters to deal with than you," he says.

"Will, I'll meet you either at the Captain's or somewhere else if I find you earlier, alright?" he tells his old friend as he turns to walk after Joanna, pursuing her.

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-18, 10:43 PM
Sol watched the strange man leave, then retrieved his sword.

'He never did apologize to me.'

Eshkigal
2012-05-18, 10:54 PM
"That does happen sometimes."
Will just clutches the bridge of his nose.
"Look. Things were said on both sides. I apologize for him, he was out of line."
Most of his menagerie begins coming out of the inn, surrounding him.
"Are you busy at the moment? I just...you're hard to read, so I just want to know if you really meant anything by it or if that's just things you find okay. Do you mind if we talk for a while as I check on Jayna and her egg?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-19, 07:10 AM
'Fine. You may indulge your curiosities. I am in no hurry, there are no contracts I must pursue today.'

Eshkigal
2012-05-19, 08:09 AM
"Alright then. Come with me if you would?"
He walks towards the healer's building if you follow, letting out a nidorino and the two recalled as he goes-from how he does it as he barely looks down, it appears to be pure habit for him to walk with a full team of mon allowed to walk and play around him, or perch on him.
"So, is that how you understand most relationships to be? If so, I imagine you get into a lot of fights over that."

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-19, 09:52 AM
'I have little in the way of social interaction. I prefer to keep things professional. While things like your charity are admiable, that is not how the world works. And my job does not require me to be well liked, infact it is a detriment to me. I go by the name Solitaire in my line of work. I have been told it is fitting. If the name is too long, Sol is fine.'

Solitaire pulls out his wand and scans Wills army of pokemon.

Eshkigal
2012-05-19, 04:17 PM
"While true about the acts of charity, why not change it? Has to start somewhere. Anyway, I would imagine that talking in a way that makes people consider punching you in the face would also be a detriment, Sir Solitaire. A negative personality stands out just as well as a positive one, after all."

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-19, 07:56 PM
'What cannot be sorted through coin can be sorted through steel. Had your Lord not stepped down, I would have cut him down. I apologised and I meant what I said. If he continued, I would have slain him. When you live as an assassin, and kill for coin, you learn to distance yourself from others. My work leaves little room for charity or cheerfulness.'

Eshkigal
2012-05-19, 08:18 PM
"Well-wait. Assassin?"
He turns and looks at you peculiarly, as if trying to figure out how to respond.
"...No work in town or any neighboring ones, right? And...is that really something it's okay to admit in public areas?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-19, 08:29 PM
The man shrugs.

'It is no different than a mercenary. I am paid to kill, that is my work. And no-matter where you go, there will always be someone wishing someone else dead. Even here. But if you ask, no I have not yet been hired. I arrived in town upon hearing rumours of your egg. A fine snake like this fits an assassin, do you not think. Your own beast certainly seemed to think so. Tell me, is there no one in this world you wished dead, yet lacked the power to do so yourself?'

Eshkigal
2012-05-19, 08:35 PM
He considers the question, while thinking about the comparison. Finding little fault, he shrugged.
"...Do the barbarians past the Wall count for this conversation? They cost many I cared for their lives and hurt more daily, though Alvor and I have a plan for that. There was that bandit that nearly killed Joanna and Alvor, but the pickaxe solved that handily enough."

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-19, 08:44 PM
'The Barbarians are more the work of a soldier, I doubt you could afford my fee for everysingle one beyond the wall. But the bandit....' Solitaire nods. 'Think like this. If the bandit had escaped, you would wish vengeance. If you were a weaker man, you could not have killed him yourself.' He motions to Wills pickaxe. 'So you could have contracted me.' He motions to his own blade. 'I track him down and kill him for you. The only difference between me and a bounty hunter is I am not bound by the law, and I serve clients, not the law.'

Eshkigal
2012-05-19, 08:49 PM
"Still, it's strange to think of that way. Although...what about bodyguard work? There must be other uses you consider, right?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-19, 09:11 PM
'Bodyguard work? Well, that was the second thing I was trainer for. Admittedly, my Liege did end up dead, but when you are excommunicated and executed by the church, few people blame the bodyguard for it. Do you wish to hire me?'

Eshkigal
2012-05-19, 09:26 PM
"Don't know. After the scene earlier, there would have to be better reconciliation between you and my friends, especially Alvor to you, I think. But if that happened, maybe. Though what do I have that would work as payment anyway? Eggs, perhaps? The seviper egg is free, but there are plenty of pokemon I could breed easily enough."

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-19, 09:57 PM
'Well, I did notice you and your Lord both had Zorua. If tales of them are true, and you could breed one which could transform, I would accept that as payment in the meantime.'

Eshkigal
2012-05-19, 09:59 PM
"Oh, it's not a transformation. Marie, Phillip, illusions."
They change into a sandshrew and charmander, respectively.
"It's just really convincing, but not real. I could get an egg for you easily enough though."

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-19, 10:07 PM
He bends down and inspects the Zoruas.

'So this is how it works. Fascinating. A Zorua which can do this would be sufficient. I guess these are not for sale? If so an egg will do. That would hire me for .... a month. We can recalculate later if you wish my services more. And I may still try some assassin work on the side, providing it does not interfear with my duties. Indeed, if you wish my skills while I work for you, I'll provide a discount.'

Eshkigal
2012-05-19, 10:20 PM
"Even if we don't need your services, you'll still get an egg. As for services, well...unfortunately, that's for you and my Lord to discuss, and things will have to be talked about."
And so they continue onwards, towards the Healer's house. Seemed a longer walk today for some reason. :smallwink:

hustlertwo
2012-05-20, 07:54 AM
Alvor:

You find Joanna staring at the sparkling green water of the bay. She notices your approach but does not turn.

I'm not really mad at you, Alvor. I just wonder sometimes how much room for affection there is in a man so consumed by revenge, so quick to anger. But I still intend to find out.

---------------------------------

Will:

So absorbed were you in your chat with the assassin that you failed to notice you had arrived at the healer several moments before. Jayna is watching you from the window with a smirk on her face. She greets you as you come inside.

"Who's your friend, Will?"

Eshkigal
2012-05-20, 08:28 AM
"Hello, Jayna. This is Solitaire, and he came across the inn looking for a seviper egg, and if Alvor and Joanna don't object, may join our group for some specially bred eggs. Speaking of eggs, yours should hatch soon. May I take a look?"
He greets her warmly, and several of his team go over to greet her as well.

Arcran
2012-05-20, 10:33 AM
Alvor walks up beside her, not looking at her at first.

"I try Joanna, I do. But he insulted your honor, something I will not stand for. He called you a commmon whore," he says, his voice barely calm. "Telling him to kiss your boot may have been too much, but I will not stand for people disrespecting you. You're one of us now, part of our merry little band, and we take care of each other. Can you forgive me?" he says, looking at her for the first time in his little speech.

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-20, 10:53 AM
Solitaire nods at the woman.

'I would greet you, but have been told my speech makes people want to hit me, so excuse my if I speak little.'

hustlertwo
2012-05-20, 07:36 PM
Alvor:

There's nothing to forgive, Alvor. What you did was a good thing, just taken too far. Don't think for a second I didn't like seeing you stand up for my honor. I just wish we could get to a point where anger and a desire for justice were not your primary drives in life. But I know for you and Will that likely won't happen until you return to your homeland and face those barbarians.

She comes close to you and holds your hand for a moment as you stare at the sea, then pulls you back toward town.

Now then, ready to start the day?

--------------------------------

Will:

Jayna smiles at the new arrival.

"Well, at least your realize it, Solitaire. That's an important first step. As for the egg, I've seen it wobbling a bit this morning. Doesn't seem quite ready to hatch, but it could happen at any time."

She leads you over to the sunny perch where the egg sits. It shifts every couple minutes, but no fractures appear on the shell while you watch.

Eshkigal
2012-05-20, 07:43 PM
He watches the egg, and looks down to Marie. He checks it, checks the heat, and picks up Marie and sets her next to it.
"Yes, it will be soon. Very soon..."
Marie yips excitedly, and sits by it.
"Mind if Marie stays here too? This is her first child, so it would be good for them both."
(Natural edge on the egg)

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-20, 07:48 PM
Solitaire raises a clenched fist over the egg.

'Should I smash it open? Will that help?'

Eshkigal
2012-05-20, 07:53 PM
Marie and the rest of the pack growls and Will grabs Solitaire's hand, eyes wide.
"Do you WANT to kill it now?! The baby's close, but it has to hatch on it's own! Doing that could cause it to slip away!"

hustlertwo
2012-05-20, 07:54 PM
Jayna looks at Will with concern and confusion as she steps between Solitaire and the slow-moving egg.

"So what is it you want this one to do for you? Clearly it isn't helping you to rear Pokemon."

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-20, 07:54 PM
'And that is why I asked for clarification before I attempted to do so.' says Solitaire, like it was obvious.

He looks to the lady. 'I am an Assassin, milady. I kill for coin, though I am currently employed by Master William as Lord Alvor's bodyguard.'

Eshkigal
2012-05-20, 07:57 PM
"He said he's a skilled swordsman, which could be useful on the road. Though maybe I should keep an eye on the egg I gave him if we do travel together..."
He's still gripping Solitaire's arm in a clumsy lock.

Arcran
2012-05-20, 08:11 PM
Alvor grins, happy that she isn't angry.

"Before we go, want to see something cool?" he says, reaching to the Unown World before she answers.

Calling Chord, blah blah blah
Check: [roll0] 10+, 20+ I choose letter.
Letter: [roll1]
HP Type: [roll2]
HP Damage: [roll3]

hustlertwo
2012-05-20, 08:50 PM
Alvor:

Darn, would have been your first 4 damage one. In the future, I'll roll the letter and Hidden Power. You shouldn't know what the HP is in case you fight it.

Joanna watches as you tremble and strain, with no apparent effect.

I would, Alvor. Did you intend to do such a thing in the near future?

----------------------------------------------------

Will:

Jayna shrugs.

"I would definitely do that. Just hope he's better with a sword than with a-"

She never finishes that thought, before a dark creature's snout bursts forth from the egg. Jayna lets out a delighted squeal.

"Will, look!"

Eshkigal
2012-05-20, 08:56 PM
Marie's tail wags furiously as her first baby begins hatching, and Will slowly lets go of Solitaire's arm, staring and grinning.
"Perfect timing!"
He goes over to the egg, beckoning Jayna and Solitaire closer, but stopping them from touching as Errol hops onto the table, picking up shards that fall off.
"The baby has to do it on their own. Trust me on that."
He's talking as if he has to concentrate to remember other people are there, pulling out some supplies-a small towel and a bowl of water, as well as some food for the newborn. Once he's got everything, he goes back to the egg, excited like a kid on Christmas.
"C'mon, little one! You can do it, c'mon!"

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-20, 09:15 PM
Solitaire, looing bored with the 'miracle of birth' starts to poke about Jayna's shop, looking at all the healing supplies.

'Tell me miss, do you sell potions? For both man and beast? Or maybe poison?'

Arcran
2012-05-20, 10:17 PM
Alvor severs his connection, stunned. They had refused his call! They had never done that before!

"They didn't come," he mutters, not elaborating.

"Well, do you want to get some training in?" he asks, looking at Shadow and Qway! after Joanna. "You have some powerful Pokemon; you might actually stand a chance agaisnt the Captain with some training.."

hustlertwo
2012-05-20, 10:42 PM
Will:

A wet, dark fox emerges carefully from the shell, looking at you with shining eyes. It yips once, and begins to sniff the air. It finds the bowl of water, stands on shaking legs, and wobbles over to it, lapping greedily.

Female.

Distracted by the spectacle, Jayna manages to mumble a response to Solitaire.

"No healing items for people. I only deal with Pokemon. Potions for them are one gold, ten silver. Same prices for a tincture to leech poisons from them."

--------------------------------------------

Alvor:

Well, don't force it, honey. You look like you might pass out. And I think before I go challenging Captains, I should take on a trainer of any sort first. Any idea where to find some?

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-20, 11:27 PM
He places two gold on the counter. 'Two potions when you are done.'

He then looks at the fox. 'So, how long till they can fight and transform? And I hope you don't go as motherly every time an egg hatches. I may lose my lunch is you act like this all the time.'

Eshkigal
2012-05-20, 11:38 PM
"...Couple of days, and if you don't like how I act around them, you don't have to stick around, you know. Because this will likely happen fairly often."
He looks up at the assassin.
"Besides, this is the first egg since Errol hatched that I've been able to oversee. Give me a little slack, at least."
He lets Marie clean the little one with her tongue, and pushes the food closer. He then pulls out his ponyta egg, checking it for the first time today.
"This one should be close too...wonder how long you have, little guy?"

Arcran
2012-05-21, 12:32 AM
Alvor gives her a weird look when she says honey, but doesn't say anything. Don't need to piss her off again so soon.....

"We could walk around town, or try to see if the Captain has any underlings. Most do, and battle in a way similair to the Captain. It should be good practice."

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-21, 12:47 AM
'Well, if you want to see them hatch maybe you should stop handing out your eggs to strangers perhaps.'

hustlertwo
2012-05-21, 12:57 AM
Alvor:

Whichever you want, Alvor. You know more about this than I do. I'm just looking forward to having my first trainer battle! Do you always feel as nervous as I do right now, or just the first time?

-------------------------------------------------------

Solitaire:

Jayna glances at the money in disbelief.

"No offense, but I thought you were a professional assassin. Instead it just looks like you're stupid for a living. Two potions, three gold."

Will:

The egg feels faintly hot to the touch but does not move; it doesn't appear quite ready to hatch yet. The hatchling nibbles daintily at the food, then lets out a high-pitched yawn, falling asleep to the warm caress of her mother's tongue.

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-21, 01:07 AM
Solitaire flicks another gold at her. 'Yes, and I never claimed to be an accountant, did I? My business is making sure people are dead, or making sure people aren't dead.'

hustlertwo
2012-05-21, 01:09 AM
She attempts to catch it, bobbles the coin instead, and chases it as it rolls under a table. Blushing, she pushes your purchases over to you.

"Fair enough. Here's your potions, Killer."

Eshkigal
2012-05-21, 07:18 AM
"Again, you don't have to stick around if you dislike my way of doing things, and that you have that to thank for a seviper egg, Solitaire. Besides which, I've only had Marie and Phillip a little over a week, and they're my third and fourth pokemon, respectively."
He looks up, while Marie sticks with her baby, and to Jayna. He holds the ponyta egg closely and carefully.
"She's a healthy, happy little pup, Jayna. What would you like to name her?"

Arcran
2012-05-21, 08:24 AM
"Nervous?" Alvor says, thinking. "You get used to it. Just trust yourself and your Pokemon to know what they're doing and you should be fine," he says, heading to the Captain's to see if they can find a battle.

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-21, 09:57 AM
Soltaire shuts up. He wanted an illusion hound, and it did not do to anger the man who may supply one to him. Quick, change the subject.

'So, Miss .... Jayna. Is there a Blacksmith, or Fletcher in town? Or perhaps a weapons shop nearby? I wish to purchase some new weapons. It would let me better protect William and Alvor.'

hustlertwo
2012-05-21, 11:25 AM
Alvor:

You come to the gates of the keep where the Duchess resides, where a bored-looking guard informs you that you still have four hours before the narrow band of time when Paris would deign to receive challengers from the common folk. The bell will chime out the time at the third hour of the afternoon, as usual.

----------------------------------------------------

Will/Solitaire:

Jayna gingerly strokes the sleeping pup with a finger.

"I think Speck will do nicely. And Killface, you'll find the smithy about six buildings down from this one. Nice fellow, when he's sober. But don't count on that."

Your close inspection of the Ponyta egg confirms it will not be hatching in the next few hours.

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-21, 11:40 AM
Solitaire bows deeply to the woman. 'Well, it looks like I have offended another of your companions William. Now you see why I am not a people person. I shall leave you and the woman to your own device, and will meet up later at the inn.'

He heads over to the smithy.

Eshkigal
2012-05-21, 11:49 AM
Will watches him go, and shakes his head. Once Solitaire's gone, he looks over to Jayna.
"Well, he's four for four so far. Think I can teach him some manners, or is he a lost cause?"
He tucks the egg away in his pack carefully.

Arcran
2012-05-21, 12:36 PM
Alvor looks at the guard.

"You seem bored. What about a quick battle?"

hustlertwo
2012-05-21, 10:00 PM
Alvor:

He speaks with the air of someone who is reciting something he has said many times before.

"I am allowed only to use two mons in a practice battle, as my others must be ready to defend Her Grace at all times."

He draws out a wand with two crystals inside.

"I can fight both of you with one apiece, or one of you in a two on two. Your choice."

-----------------------------------------------------

Will:

"Well, it depends on what you want from him, Will. He's never going to be a leader, or a great thinker. But if you've hired him to be a bodyguard, presumably that wasn't what you were looking for. All he needs to be able to do is hurt people who try to hurt you, and he seems capable enough at that."

---------------------------------------------------------

Solitaire:

You easily notice the blacksmith's building by the thick plume of black smoke billowing from its chimney. When you come inside, you find a man somehow sleeping on a backless stool, drooling onto his tunic. The smoke that appeared to be smelting in progress is instead emanating from a cloak someone carelessly left close to the furnace that is now smoldering nicely.

Arcran
2012-05-21, 10:04 PM
"Only two?" Alvor asks, dissapointed. "Alright Joanna, you want to battle him? I can try to help coach you," he says. "Or, if you want, both of us could use one."

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-21, 10:15 PM
Solitaire looks about for those barrels of water you cool heated metal in. When he finds it, he picks up the cloak and chucks it in.

When the cloak was no longer ablaze, Solitaire pulls it out, still dripping with water. Then he tosses it in the face of the sleeping smith.

'Awake, my good man. It is a work day and business beckons. I have coin to spend.'

hustlertwo
2012-05-21, 10:54 PM
Alvor:

I'd like to fight with you, if you want.

She sends out her Sewaddle.

------------------------

Solitaire:

The damp cloth upsets the man's inexplicable balance. He comes to his feet and glares at you with a drowsy menace.

"It better be coin of a yellowish sort; I don't wake for silver alone."

Arcran
2012-05-21, 11:31 PM
"Alright!" Alvor says, grinning. "Let's see if we can't get you a little stronger before the Captian," he says, sending out Elektro.

hustlertwo
2012-05-22, 07:39 AM
A small Normal/Flying and a rotund Psychic show up.

Initiative:
Elektro
Enemies
Squinch

Arcran
2012-05-22, 08:15 AM
"Alright Elektro, Tackle!"

Going for Psychic.
AC: 3 [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-22, 08:32 AM
'My coin is as golden as your breath is rancid. I require some throwing knives. Ones made when you were sober, preferably.'

Eshkigal
2012-05-22, 08:49 AM
"And if I want to be sure he can have a conversation without insulting someone?"

hustlertwo
2012-05-22, 09:21 AM
Solitaire:

He laughs, blowing more foul breath your way.

"Price is normally 2 gold, but for you, let's do 1 gold and 15 silver apiece. Like your jerkish attitude."

-----------------------------------

Will:

Jayna thinks a moment.

"Gag him? Then again, from what I've seen with you and Alvor you tend to put your feet in your mouths with some regularity. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw Rogenrollas."

-------------------------------------

Alvor:

The round mon seems mildly perturbed by the blow. It Growls at Elektro, making him unsure of himself.

The other creature flies up and Pecks at Elektro. 5 damage after defense and resistance.

Joanna sends her Sewaddle into the fray, and it barrels into the flying creature with reckless abandon, though the damage is somewhat minimal.

Eshkigal
2012-05-22, 09:29 AM
"Duly noted."
He hangs his head and gives a mock stricken look, before going back to normal.
"Well, do you have anything you need to do for the next few hours, and would you like some help?"

hustlertwo
2012-05-22, 09:58 AM
"My day is pretty light until that damnable challenge bell rings. Occasionally travelers like you come in needing restoration from the trip, but otherwise I check my stock, mix up potions, or just twiddle my thumbs. You go on, do something more productive. I like having you here, but watching me count flakes of whistledown root cannot be what you came all the way to Limberry to do."

Arcran
2012-05-22, 10:20 AM
"Again!" Alvor cries.

Tackle, AC 3 [roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-22, 11:31 AM
Sol pulls out 6 gold coins. He also gives a small smile.

'And I like a man who gets business done without letting his feelings get in the way. 3 then. Perhaps when I get more gold I may return.'

hustlertwo
2012-05-22, 11:46 AM
Alvor:

The Electrike seems to just bounce off of the creature, who ignores you and wraps his tendrils around Squinch. The Sewaddle seems none the worse for the attack, except that is rather unable to move.

Its pale companion comes over to deal another Peck to you. 2 damage.

Alvor, I'm sorry, Squinch seems not to be able to move. I may not be much help to you.

The Sewaddle shoots a line of string at the bird, slowing it down.

hustlertwo
2012-05-22, 11:50 AM
Sol:

The smith nods, bringing you three daggers from a wall display. Though he has to blow the dust off of them, as they have been hanging there some time, they still appear sharp and well-made. He also slides 15 silver pieces your way.

"Thanks for making it almost worthwhile to wake up. But if you'll excuse me, I have pressing appointments to attend to."

A large bottle is drawn out from under the counter, and he takes a slow, deep drink from it. With his free hand he waves you out of his building.

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-22, 12:38 PM
Sol nods and leaves the building. Then he heads for the local court house or guard barracks. Somewhere he can find any bounties. He was stuck with these men for a month, and he didn't plan to spend the next month poor. And maybe his new employers might wish to lend a hand. Will and the girl may possibly be squeamish, but the brute known as Alvor seemed like he might be the type to enjoy hunting a man down for coin.

Arcran
2012-05-22, 12:58 PM
"It's OK Joanna, slow them down, it might help. Elektro, paralyze it!" he says, pointing at the psychic.

Thunder Wave, can't miss, blah blah blah.

Eshkigal
2012-05-22, 07:30 PM
"Alright then. Marie'll stay with you to help with her daughter, and I'll likely see you some time after the bell rings."
He gives her a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek.
"Until later, then."
And he heads off, first in pursuit of a place to restock on quartz.

hustlertwo
2012-05-22, 09:09 PM
Alvor:

Three rounds, here's the identifiers.

The Chingling stiffens from the electricity. However, it manages to still emit another low growl, this time directed at Squinch, which sets the Sewaddle on edge.

The opponent's Swablu continues its incessant Pecking on Elektro.

3 more damage to Elektro. 10 damage to Squinch from the effects of Wrap.

Still unable to attack, Squinch blasts the Swablu with another stiffening cover of thread.

-----------------------------------------

Sol/Will

You run into each other while walking through the town. The local guard tower can be seen easily enough, towards the entrance where you initially entered, though you can't tell where the store for quartz might be.

Arcran
2012-05-22, 09:11 PM
"Elektro, hit it again!"

AC: [roll0]

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-22, 09:21 PM
Sol was playing with one of his new knives when he seen Will passing by.

'Master William, care for some coin? Since I am now with you for the short future, I need funds. I'm going to the guard house to see if there are any bounties available. Would you or your lord like to join me for a share of the profits? Although Alvor may need to keep his temper in check, they pay less for dead targets than living ones.'

hustlertwo
2012-05-22, 09:29 PM
The Chingling wobbles, just barely conscious. The guard recalls it with a neutral expression.

Newly freed, and now faster than the entangled Swablu, Squinch launches himself at the cloudlike mon. It seems slightly put off by the blow, and lashes out at the pest with its beak, only to come up with empty air instead.

Arcran
2012-05-22, 09:34 PM
"Elektro, get the bird now!"

AC [roll0]

Eshkigal
2012-05-22, 09:36 PM
"If they deserve it, then I am fine with it. The plan is to try and defeat the local captain, today, though, so if we can finish this before the small period, it would help."

hustlertwo
2012-05-22, 09:47 PM
The Swablu attempts to drift to the side but Elektro catches it by a hair anyhow, injuring it slightly more.

Squinch launches forward yet again, but still little damage seems to get through.

Swablu, enraged by the constant barrage of pinpricks, ignores Elektro in favor of the Sewaddle. His peck finds its mark, and the bug goes sprawling...yet somehow, manages to stand. Joanna recalls it anyhow.

Total damage is...8.

I'm sorry, Alvor. But Squinch has nothing left to give.

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-22, 09:52 PM
'It is likely a local affair. Few men warrant a bounty beyond the region the crime happened in. if we cannot find them before you need to go, we can try tonight.'

He leads the way to the Guard tower.

Arcran
2012-05-22, 09:52 PM
"Again!"

hustlertwo
2012-05-22, 09:56 PM
The constant barrage from his tiny opponents is beginning to wear on the Swablu, though it remains resolute. It changes tactics and attempts to Astonish the Elektro.

Another 3 damage.

Arcran
2012-05-22, 10:09 PM
Mass roll time! Who goes down first?

AC: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
AC: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]
AC: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]
AC: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]
AC: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]
AC: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13]
AC: [roll14]
Damage: [roll15]
AC: [roll16]
Damage: [roll17]
AC: [roll18]
Damage: [roll19]

hustlertwo
2012-05-22, 10:28 PM
Elektro barely manages to outlast his foe, and the Swablu is recalled after three more tackles.

"I have been instructed by the Duchess to pay only two gold to anyone who successfully defeats me. Sorry, but I'm not about to slip you any more. Friend of mine got busted down to sewer duty for that. But I can at least choose to interpret it liberally."

He hands two gold each of you.

Joanna hugs Elektro, and then Alvor.

Who cares about the money? We won!

320 XP. Elektro is at 8 HP.

--------------------------------------

W/S:

Inside you find a bustle of activity as a pimple-faced youth barks orders at the soldiers inside.

"Useless curs! I should fire the lot of you and police this festering snot-pit with a pile of deep-fried Krabby. At least one of their corpses might trip up a criminal by accident!"

A guard near the door plasters on a fake smile to greet you.

"Hello, civilians. What can the Limberry Watch Station East do for you?"

Arcran
2012-05-22, 10:32 PM
Alvor hugs Joanna back, happy that they one.

"You did great Joanna. You battle like a pro out there," he says, trying to sound sincere. He thanks the guard, taking the coin, then turns to leave, but is striken by something peculiar.

"Wait, sewer duty? Why do guards need to wokr in the sewers? Are there enemies down there?"

hustlertwo
2012-05-22, 10:45 PM
"Some fairly foul creatures try to come up into the Keep on occasion. Not dangerous, really, but they mess up the keep's carpets, which sends Mistress into quite the rage."

Eshkigal
2012-05-23, 10:29 AM
Will stares at the kid for a minute, confused. What was a boy who looked like he'd never swung a blade with intent to kill, much less protect, doing barking orders at men and women who guarded the people of this city who could snap him like a twig? The guardsman's question breaks him out of his reverie.
"Ah! Yes, sir. We're two travelers looking for bounties to collect, if we can help. Do you happen to have any at the moment?"

Arcran
2012-05-23, 10:37 AM
Alvor nods.

"Would you happen to know anybody nearby who sells rituals? Preferably Electric ones?"

hustlertwo
2012-05-23, 11:04 AM
He brings out a thin sheaf of posters, with sketches of people on them as well as amounts of gold. Behind him the young man continues to berate his troops.

"Look through here. Best not to disturb the Colonel with requests. Just follow the details on the notices."

Among them you see that 40 gold is being offered for a warlock and cult leader outside of Copperville, 15 for a thief operating between Schmutzberg and Ra-Vec, 15 apiece for two sisters camped outside of Limberry who ambush hunters and traners, stripping them of their weapons and crystals (alive capture only, to determine where these things might be located), and a few localized listins in the 5-10 gold for petty pickpockets and other such criminals who live in or near Limberry.

hustlertwo
2012-05-23, 12:45 PM
Alvor nods.

"Would you happen to know anybody nearby who sells rituals? Preferably Electric ones?"

The guard points well away from where you are, back toward Jayna's hut.

"There's a sundry provider over there, the greenish building. Rather lazy bloke, but he might have what you need."

Arcran
2012-05-23, 12:47 PM
Alvor thanks the guard once more, then heads in that direction.

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-23, 12:48 PM
'The sisters would be our best bet for a big prize. If Alvor and Joanna come, the gives us 7 each. If not then 15 each. Either way, work is work.'

hustlertwo
2012-05-24, 02:05 PM
Alvor:

You and Joanna enter to find a skinny fellow vigorously picking his nose. Upon seeing you, he quickly wipes it under the counter and extends a hand in greeting.

"Welcome to Skeeter's. I'm Skeeter. What'cha want?"

----------------------------------------

W/S:

The guard shrugs.

"Decide whatever you want. We have some blank parchment sheets and a Qwilfish quill if you wish to copy down the details for any of them."

He provides the aforementioned materials.

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-24, 02:21 PM
Sol steps behind Will and nudges him forward.

'This is all on you William.'

Eshkigal
2012-05-24, 02:37 PM
"Thank you, Sir. Sy, you haven't had reports of a fake medicine man and an assistant, have you?"
He jots down info on the sisters and five higher profile minor criminals.

hustlertwo
2012-05-24, 03:25 PM
"Heard there was some sort of wagon supposedly belonged to a medicine man that tore through yesterday. Almost ran someone over. But it didn't stop. Must have been running from something."

Eshkigal
2012-05-24, 03:33 PM
"That sounds about right. They tried to mug the group i was with near Schmutzberg a couple days ago by drugging us, but got more resistance than they bargained for. Do you know which way they went, by any chance?"

hustlertwo
2012-05-24, 03:49 PM
"Apparently they kept on going towards the Farm Belt. Though whether they'll stay there or continue on is anyone's guess. Whenever the Colonel allows it we'll try to send a messenger out to let the people out there know what is coming."

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-24, 03:58 PM
'So, when have you to fight this Captain? If we have time we can go for the big prize, if not I think we could catch a pickpocket or two in a few hours.'

Eshkigal
2012-05-24, 04:11 PM
"Thank you, sir. Alvor and I face her when the bell rings this afternoon, Solitaire. At any rate, the pickpockets should be quick and easy-besides which, you never know what rumors they hear."
He pauses.
"Since you are a valuable group in any city, do the guard have any want of pokemon for new recruits? I ask as a traveling breeder. If so, all I would ask in turn is a few eggs from any mon I do not have and the guard does, or just to know I helped if you have pokemon I already have."

hustlertwo
2012-05-24, 04:21 PM
"The Colonel does not approve of unauthorized breeding. I would check at other towns, though; I've heard in those places, regulations are a lot less...stringent."

The furious gaze of the young man falls upon the guard speaking to you as he speaks, as if he heard the comment. He walks over and casually grabs the larger man by the ear, dragging him over with the others.

"Listor! Don't think for a moment you're going to avoid me by sitting around chit-chatting with a couple of the mouth-breathing rabble that populate this town!"

The guard merely takes it all in stride, despite grimacing silently at the pain from his ear.

Eshkigal
2012-05-24, 05:19 PM
Will looks to Solitaire and back at the scene. He was beginning to get what kind of town this was, and he did not like it...
"Well, we may as well get the others, smoothe things out, and get started, right?"

Arcran
2012-05-24, 06:26 PM
Alvor looks at the hand in disgust, not taking it.

"We were just looking for some rituals, preferably Electric ones," Alvor says.

hustlertwo
2012-05-24, 09:09 PM
Alvor:

The man shuffles through first one unorganized box of papers, then another.

"Looke like I have three 'Lectric rituals right now. Thundershock, Charge Beam, and Thunder. Might get more in tomorrow. As for prices...I can never remember exactly, and don't feel like looking it up. Say 10 gold for the Shock, 20 for Charge, and 50 for Thunder."

Arcran
2012-05-24, 10:29 PM
"I'll be taking a Shock then," Alvor says, handing over the gold.

"Joanna, is there anything you want?"

hustlertwo
2012-05-24, 10:46 PM
No, though I will take a couple of regular quartz crystals.

She pays the man for two standard quartz at a rate of 2 gold apiece (deduct 4 gold from her sheet).

He takes your ten gold and hands you the ritual, which has been folded over many times and appears a bit faded.

"There you are, you crazy kids. C'mon back to Skeeter's anytime. Oh, and if you want that ritual performed...well, I don't do that sort of thing. So feel free to go somewhere else."

Arcran
2012-05-24, 11:58 PM
"Do you know somebody capable of such?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-25, 08:50 AM
'Yes, but tell your Lord, if he sullies my mother one more time, I'll break one of his fingers for every insult.' Sol heads out the guard post.

Eshkigal
2012-05-25, 09:00 AM
Will heads out with him.
"This...this isn't going to work out at all, is it. You'll both be at each other's throats more than anyone else's, won't you."

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-25, 09:27 AM
'No, I care little for what he thinks of me. he can insult me, my honour, my profession or my family. But no one insults my mother. If he can obey that, I'll be a professional.'

Eshkigal
2012-05-25, 09:31 AM
"Duly noted then."
He heads back to the inn first, on the off chance they showed up there.

hustlertwo
2012-05-28, 09:37 PM
Alvor:

"There's a skilled shaman who does such things in the keep, but good luck getting him to help someone outside the circle of nobles. Out here you'll either have to try it yourself or take a chance with the blacksmith. That drunkard actually is a fair hand with magic, just went into smithing because it was a family business."

In the distance you hear the challenge bells ringing through Limberry Coast.

--------------------------------------------

W/S:

You do not find the others at the inn. Shortly after arriving, you hear the peals of the keep's bells, signifying the beginning of the challenge time.

Arcran
2012-05-28, 10:06 PM
"Then to the blacksmith it is," Alvor says, heading that way.

hustlertwo
2012-05-28, 10:17 PM
You find him easily enough; he can be heard from some distance away, shrieking in tune to the bells. When you enter his building you see him on the floor, clutching his head.

"Every day with these infernal chimes! I can feel my teeth in the back of my throat!"

Arcran
2012-05-28, 10:19 PM
"Indeed. Those chimes are annoying," the Lord says, trying to be amiable.

"I have heard you have some skill with rituals. How much will it cost to teach one to one of my Pokemon? I have the scroll here," he says, pulling out the Thundershock.

hustlertwo
2012-05-29, 07:10 AM
"Heh, I'd do it for free in return for a kiss from your lady friend there. Looks like my dead wife, except less of a nagging harpy. But I imagine you're the jealous type, and I wouldn't want her to go falling in love with me. So let's say ten silver."

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-29, 09:16 AM
'I take it that is the appointed time. Will you go and challenge the Captain now? If you wish, I can continue alone, or wait for you.'

Arcran
2012-05-29, 10:14 PM
"Ten silver seems fair," Alvor says, choking back rage at another comment about Joanna, handing over the coin and sending out Elektro.

"This man will make you stronger," he says, guiding the dog to the smith.

hustlertwo
2012-05-29, 10:19 PM
"Come on then, lil' one. I think I still remember which end to read from."

He stumbles back to what appears to be the lone clean spot in the smithy, and begins the incantation. Due to slurring, missed words, and him nodding off once or twice, it takes an hour and a half for the ritual to be performed, and Elektro to recover from it. But at the end of that time you have a healthy beast full of electricity.

Eshkigal
2012-05-30, 08:45 AM
Will reslots his team on his wand. Baroness, Regent, Phillip, Donovan, Positive, and David are put on active team.
"Continue on your own, Soltaire. Meet back at the inn either way?"

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-30, 11:01 AM
'Yes. I suppose this is where I should wish you luck, but you don't need luck to beat the Captains, you need skill. So you better be ready.'

Sol stomps off into the poorest and most run down part of town. He kept his hand on his sword, and hid his wand up his sleeve.

perception to spot anyone likely to try anything
[roll0]

hustlertwo
2012-05-30, 12:02 PM
Will:

Your team at the ready, you come to the Keep, where you find a weary guard tending to an injured Chingling.

"Hullo there. Another challenger for the Duchess, I presume? Have you been here before?"

------------------------------------------

Sol:

You come to the seedier side of Limberry, located well away from the keep itself. The huts are numerous and crammed together, but piles of rubbish and other things dot the streets, affording plenty of places for criminals to hide. However, you don't seem to notice anything untoward happening that is overly criminal.

Dexterity check

Eshkigal
2012-05-30, 10:41 PM
"I have not. What happened with your pokemon?"
He scanned it and looked it over.

hustlertwo
2012-05-31, 08:37 AM
Will:

"Serious-looking lug and his cheeky lady friend wanted to battle. Close one, but they managed to win. In any case, if it's your first time, you're not allowed to see Paris just yet. First ya gotta take on Jasper. He's the head servant for the Duchess, and she uses him to weed out people who aren't worth her time. So keep that in mind; whatever you do, do NOT approach the Duchess yet. Otherwise, in ya go."

He opens the door, and you gaze upon a magnificent floating garden, where Pokemon and people swim and cavort amongst fountains or lounge on Snorlax-sized lilypads. Many other people merely lounge about at poolside, dressed in ostentatious outfits. A small circle of people can be seen on a raised platform. Battle sounds emanate from it, but the crowd makes spectating from below impossible. At the entrance to the stairway you see a foppish fellow, who beckons you toward him.

"You there, new arrival. Let us adjourn to my own battle room, that you might be properly vetted for your ability to challenge my mistress."

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-31, 09:22 AM
Dexterity check

[roll0]

hustlertwo
2012-05-31, 09:58 AM
As you are staring out at the landscape, you feel a lightness at your side, as your own pouch of gold is lifted away. However, you whirl and snatch the hand of the thief before they can attempt to flee. It is a scraggly-haired youth of 11 or 12, who pulls against your grip in vain. You can't tell right off whether it is a boy or a girl, due to the grimy and ill-fitting clothing. However, you certainly recognize the object they are holding in their other hand: a crystal.

"Sloppy, come out and make this wanker leggo!"

A dark-colored amorphous Pokemon emerges, looking at you with menace.

IrnBruAddict
2012-05-31, 11:44 AM
'Perhaps I can teach you manners. Or if not me, my friend Templar.'

Sol sends out his Pawniard.

Speed 7

hustlertwo
2012-05-31, 01:27 PM
You are first.

Eshkigal
2012-05-31, 11:19 PM
Will scans the pokemon swimming about before looking up to the butler.
"Ah...yes sir."
He follows the man, and looks around. He's still somewhat confused by how these people act.

hustlertwo
2012-05-31, 11:34 PM
The nobles seem to have a preference for Pokemon deemed aesthetically pleasing rather than valuable in combat; several Goldeen and Marill can be seen, as well as the occasional Poliwag.

You follow the servant into a small, unadorned side room, featuring only a shallow wading pool in the center. He draws out a wand and rattles off a speech he has clearly uttered many times before.

"Mistress demands that I, Balthazar, screen weaker combatants from her. You may choose two to five creatures to use in combat. If you win, I will pay you fifteen gold and you will be clear to challenge Duchess Paris for the Bay Badge. If I defeat you, you are barred from approaching the Mistress until you return and defeat me. However, you may challenge other trainers in the Keep at any point during the challenge period, win or lose."

Eshkigal
2012-05-31, 11:47 PM
"Very well then. Positive, Baroness, David, and Donovan."
He sends the four of them out.
"Is that an acceptable group to you, Sir Balthazar?"

hustlertwo
2012-05-31, 11:59 PM
He stops you before you can release the creatures from their crystals.

"A number is sufficient, you have no need to send them out. Duchess Paris would be displeased by such a break in decorum, though she would no doubt enjoy the free glimpse at your companions and the aid to her strategy it would provide. But be warned, she would not reciprocate in kind, as my Mistress reveals nothing until she absolutely must. It is her way."

He loads four crystals into his wand.

"At the same time then, we shall begin."

The moment you send your first creature out, he does the same.

Eshkigal
2012-06-01, 11:23 AM
"Oh, sorry, Sir. Come to think of it, this is the first time aside from Lord Alvor that I've had a match where the other person isn't attempting to rob or kill me."
First up is Donovan, who takes to the skies in a golden blur, as Will scans the opponent mon.
"I do have some studies that would benefit from seeing many pokemon, however, namely healing them and humans as I travel. Would it be easy to see more pokemon around here either way after this, Sir Balthazar?"

Donovan: 42 HP, Def 7, SpDef 6, Spd 10

hustlertwo
2012-06-01, 11:48 AM
"As long as you do not approach the Duchess until you are allowed to do so, you may examine at your leisure during the challenge time. And I am simply Balthazar. Titles are for the nobility, and I am merely a pillar upon which that glorious platform stands."

A small, web-footed biped emerges from his crystal.

You are first.

Eshkigal
2012-06-01, 12:15 PM
"It's simply my way, Sir Balthazar. Everyone deserves respect, so everyone is a sir or miss at least, and those noble born or having earned knighthood I refer to as Lord or Lady. But anyway, strike fast and true, Donovan!"
And donovan lunges forward, the pokemon being scanned even as he launches a set of five lunges at the mon.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

hustlertwo
2012-06-01, 12:55 PM
"Fair enough. Such manners shall serve you well in this court."

Donovan lands four strikes, and on the fouth the Pokemon goes down.

Psyduck

In place of the confused yellow creature, a blue, flippered mon comes out.

You remain faster.

Eshkigal
2012-06-01, 01:01 PM
"Good to know, Sir."
Donovan blitzes past as Will scans the pokemon. (Wing Attack)
[roll0]
[roll1]

hustlertwo
2012-06-01, 01:15 PM
The powerful strike seems...blunted, somewhat, by the enemy. It waddles around and lobs a small boulder that seems to appear out of nowhere.

[roll0] [roll1]

Eshkigal
2012-06-01, 01:20 PM
"Rock/water...an impressive pokemon, Sir! Away from range and leer at your for, Donovan!"
[roll0]-moved up and out of easy striking range

hustlertwo
2012-06-01, 01:27 PM
The Tirtouga fails to connect with its subsequent Rollout, and appears a bit less impressive defensively.

"Good strategy, young one. But do you have what it takes to withstand Softshell's sturdiness?"

Eshkigal
2012-06-01, 01:38 PM
"We'll have to see, Sir Balthazar. Find another weak point, Donovan."
[roll0]-leer again

hustlertwo
2012-06-01, 01:59 PM
"Make it rain, Softshell."

The Tirtouga, tired of being leered at, fires a blast of cold water at his foe.

[roll0] [roll1] (Water Gun)

Eshkigal
2012-06-01, 02:03 PM
"Ready for this Donovan?"
The rufflet nods cheerfully, before diving down onto the turtle's back, pecking furiously. (Fury Attack)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

IrnBruAddict
2012-06-01, 05:43 PM
Sorry, just got my hands on the 1.29 pdf. That's why it took so long to post.

Sol scans the thing with his wand.

'Templar, scratch it.'

[roll0], base 2
[roll1], normal type damage.

hustlertwo
2012-06-01, 07:53 PM
Will:

Despite the bird's mocking of the turtle, it manages to weather the lone blow with little difficulty, and deflects the next off its thick shell, disrupting Donovan.

"You play a good game, boy. But the game is just beginning."

Softshell lobs another boulder at Donovan.

[roll0] [roll1]

Eshkigal
2012-06-01, 07:58 PM
"True enough, I suppose. Donovan, do you want to continue, though Softshell will be able to beat you?"
The rufflet nods, before trying to bash the tirtouga with his wings, taking off from the shell as he sails up.
[roll0]
[roll1]

hustlertwo
2012-06-01, 08:08 PM
Despite his formidable strength, the Tirtouga is looking unsteady, less than half the mon it had been at the beginning of the fight.

Another boulder is tossed, this one a bit larger.

[roll0] [roll1]

Eshkigal
2012-06-01, 08:11 PM
"Sorry, Donovan, but you did well!"
Will recalls him before he hits the ground, before sending out David.
(HP 40, Def 9, Sp Def 7, Spd 2)

Eshkigal
2012-06-01, 08:24 PM
"Start with absorb, David!"
[roll0]
[roll1]
He watches the result.
"Oh...dear...Sir Balthazar, let me help him, please."

hustlertwo
2012-06-01, 08:45 PM
The reptilian cries out in anguish as the roots drain away his essence. his breathing comes shallow and somewhat irregular for a moment, but then he eases off into a pained slumber.

The servant looks a bit stricken.

"That changed fast, did it not? But Softshell appears to have withstood it. Let us see how the next foe does for you."

Another flash, and...well, you are no longer able to even see Balthazar. His Pokemon leaves little maneuvering space in the room. Despite its size it gets the jump on David, shooting a torrent of water at him.

[roll0] [roll1] special water.

Eshkigal
2012-06-01, 08:51 PM
"I did ask to help Softshell first, Sir."
He picks the stricken turtle up and drags him to a side, working on the turtle. (-1 gold to heal 20 HP). David lashes out with his roots to heal up again.
[roll0]
[roll1]

hustlertwo
2012-06-01, 08:57 PM
The man leans to the side of his huge creature to be seen.

"Your generosity is almost unprecedented...Sir Will. I hope to have a chance to pay you back in kind."

The roots restore 7 HP to David, and the foe grunts in mild discomfort. The Wailmer responds by flopping back a bit and continuing to rain.

[roll0] [roll1]

Meanwhile, the Tirtouga gets to its feet, wobbling back behind the large mammalian mon to its owner.

"Good to see you up, old friend."

Eshkigal
2012-06-01, 09:01 PM
"It's simply my way, Sir Balthazar. No repayment ever needed."
He pats the tirtouga gently.
"Sorry about that, Softshell. David, Leech seed!"
[roll0]-must beat 4+sp. def, -1/8 full health per round

hustlertwo
2012-06-01, 09:26 PM
You hear a sound from Balthazar, who has once again gone behind his Wailmer. It is either approval or annyoance; it is hard to tell without a chance to see his face. The Wailmer vanishes, called back into its crystal. You see the older man once more.

"I hate to give up the advantage, but that was going nowhere. I fear this is a losing battle, but we shall see."

He sends out the last creature you have yet to see. It is a crested Water/Ground mon, which immediately launches itself into David with a fierce bellow.

[roll0] [roll1] (Tackle)

Eshkigal
2012-06-01, 09:31 PM
"Hm...remniscent of Davis. Be careful with your absorb, David, no killing! I'll restore him afterwards if need be."
[roll0]
[roll1]

hustlertwo
2012-06-01, 09:36 PM
The Marshtomp appears unfazed by the attack in the slightest. It responds with the charge posted above.

Eshkigal
2012-06-01, 09:39 PM
David reels, but spores come out of it!
[roll0]-effect spore, 15-16 poison, 17-18 paralyzed, 19-20 asleep
He then tries to drain the marshtomp again.
[roll1]
[roll2]

hustlertwo
2012-06-01, 09:57 PM
14 much-needed HP for David. The Marshtomp looks wobbly; another hit like that and it'll be out for sure.

"Enough. Wallow, use the move the Duchess so generously paid for you to know."

Suddenly, one Marshtomp become four. They stand looking at you with identical stares of anger and pain.

Roll a 1d4, 1 gets you the real deal. 1 continues to be the desired number until all copies are gone. Remember that this ups the needed AC to hit by 2.

Eshkigal
2012-06-01, 10:05 PM
"This is...huh. Different."
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

hustlertwo
2012-06-01, 10:39 PM
David hits nothing but air, and the illusions wince a bit as [roll0] HP is lost. They remain upright, however, and in the confusion manage to barrel into the Shroomish again.

[roll1] [roll2]

Eshkigal
2012-06-01, 10:51 PM
"Interesting...David, again!"
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Eshkigal
2012-06-01, 10:52 PM
And effect spore!
[roll0]

hustlertwo
2012-06-01, 10:53 PM
A second image goes the way of the first, weakening the rest a bit. [roll0]

Though the Swampert remains standing, it is clearly quite injured. It still struggles forward for a tackle, however.

[roll1] [roll2]

Eshkigal
2012-06-01, 10:59 PM
[roll0]effect spore
Remaining HP: 12 (I think)
"Ah ha! David...no, you could kill him. David, tackle."
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

hustlertwo
2012-06-01, 11:03 PM
[roll0]

The Swampert is finally revealed by the last miss. The strain of the copies has left it bordering on unconsciousness. Yet amazingly it still staggers forward, attempting to bring down its foe.

[roll]1d20[/roll [roll1]

hustlertwo
2012-06-01, 11:05 PM
[roll0]

For the Tackle.

Eshkigal
2012-06-01, 11:07 PM
"I think we both shall recall after this one, Sir Balthazar."
Amazingly, David's still conscious too. Just as badly off, but conscious (3 HP left). He goes to tackle Wallow back.
[roll0]-effect spore
[roll1]
[roll2]

hustlertwo
2012-06-01, 11:19 PM
It dodges, and fires off one last charge.

[roll0] [roll1]

Eshkigal
2012-06-01, 11:21 PM
[roll0]
David is recalled. This looks like...yes, Baroness would do nicely. She is sent out.
"I will agree with you recalling your swampert-Wallow, correct? If you agree he is unfit to continue."

hustlertwo
2012-06-01, 11:25 PM
The Swampert freezes up from the last brush with David, unable to move.

"I agree, Wallow has done well, but his time is past now. Big Bertha, try to take it home."

The Wailmer emerges, eclipsing the other side of the room.

You first.

Eshkigal
2012-06-01, 11:39 PM
"Baroness, wrap it up!"
She slithers forward, and tries to wrap around the massive girth that is Big Bertha.
[roll0]
[roll1]

(HP 38, Def 10, Sp. Def 9, Spd 7)

hustlertwo
2012-06-01, 11:48 PM
The serpent cannot manage to wrap around the whole whale, but still squeezes the part it does reach with incredible strength. It seems to be feeling the effect of the compression. [roll0] Wrap damage.

hustlertwo
2012-06-01, 11:52 PM
Though the whale is still relatively healthy, Balthazar walks around it and holds up a handkerchief.

"Enough, I can see Big Bertha is outmatched. She is still young, and her lone attack strategy is of little use in such tight quarters as your snake forces. You have won, William. You have earned the right to challenge my Mistress, in addition to this winner's purse. I have contributed some extra from my own funds for your kindness; do not refuse it."

15 gold coins shine within the pouch.

"Is there anything more this humble servant can do for you?"

Eshkigal
2012-06-02, 12:17 AM
Will calls off Baroness, who lets Bertha go.
"It was a good fight, Sir Balthazar. The only thing I can think of is advice on where to get permission to breed pokemon here. I like giving people their first pokemon, and giving people pokemon in general."
He walks up to Balthazar, hand outstretched.
"Do it again sometime in the future, Sir Balthazar?"

hustlertwo
2012-06-02, 11:22 PM
"The Duchess refuses to allow her own hatchery to be used by others. But there is a public stables available for a low nightly fee. Five silver, I believe."