PDA

View Full Version : Curious about Gladiators (3.P)

Mjollnir075
2012-05-14, 04:12 PM
Here's the deal. I'm working on some revisions for my campaign I'm building. My previous laptop bit the big one and I had to start from scratch. However, starting all over has given me a couple of ideas about homebrewed stuff.

This question is specific to Gladiators. Now, I checked out the Giantitp E6 Gladiator and the Pathfinder 3rd party Gladiator by Four Winds. Those.. sort of had the feel of what I wanted, but not quite.

So, I have come to ask for some feedback on ideas for a homebrewed Gladiator base class. Any other ideas would also be appreciated.

D10 hd
Full BAB
Good Reflex and Fortitude saves
Simple and Martial weapons, plus one free Exotic
Light armor (maybe medium*) and light/heavy shields
Skirmish as a Scout
Weapon feat trees similar to a PF Ranger (Maybe make a couple homebrew feats to give Sword and Board some love, TWF, no ranged feats, some other ideas..?)
Bravery as a PF Fighter
Weapon Training as a PF Fighter
*Armor Training as PF Fighter (If I allow Medium Armor)
Choice of certain Critical feats (Improved Crit,extra effect Crit feats)
Oh yeah, and Leap attack/Pounce. Definitely needs Pounce (Because Melee DOES need nice things)

Definitely needs a way to use Perform. I was thinking of something like..
Every time the Gladiator drops an enemy or confirms a crit, they make a immediate Perform(Act) check to do it in a gory display, giving a bonus small bonus to allies that scales with level, along with a penalty to enemies.

Well, that's just a very, very basic idea of what I'm shooting for. Any idea's or contributions to the effort would be awesome. If I can get enough support for this, I'll definitely post this bad boy into homebrew for everyone to enjoy.