PDA

View Full Version : Skill points per level

RFLS
2012-05-14, 06:56 PM
Hey, forumers, I have what seems like a really basic question, but I can't find the answer in the SRD or online. Are your skill points per level based on your base score modifier, or your total modifier? I'm wondering if having an intelligence-increasing item when I level increases my skill points earned for that next level.

Righteous Doggy
2012-05-14, 07:49 PM
Its based on your base, and you don't retroactively gain skill points. So if you play a fighter with 13(+1), you get 3 per level. If you equip a headband of +5 intellect, you get none extra. If you raise your int to 14, you get 4 at every fighter level after.

Kane0
2012-05-14, 07:51 PM
Hey mate,

You get bonus skill points per level based on your base intelligence bonus, not affected by magical increases.

As a side note if you spend your stat increases every 4 levels on intelligence your DM may or may not allow you to gain retroactive bonus skill points from levels prior to the int increase.

RFLS
2012-05-14, 08:51 PM
Okay, cool. That's what I figured, but it was worth enough skill points to ask. It'd be a little silly if items worked that way.