PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Awesome weapons

arixe
2012-05-14, 09:38 PM
Dose any one have any good ideas for weapon enchantments. one of my players needs help and none of the basic stuff seems good enough. feel free to suggest custom ones you've ever used. Like the rouge in the party has a modified envenoming weapon.

Invader
2012-05-14, 09:43 PM
Dose any one have any good ideas for weapon enchantments. one of my players needs help and none of the basic stuff seems good enough. feel free to suggest custom ones you've ever used. Like the rouge in the party has a modified envenoming weapon.

I played a dwarf with a Warhammer of disintegrating, and it went off on every hit not just criticals. To be fair it was a reward at the end of our campaign so I never actually got to use it but still, it would have been stupid fun to play with lol.

arixe
2012-05-14, 09:45 PM
sounds epic. but way too strong for us right now. in your personal opinion though should their be a limit to what weapons should be able to do?

Invader
2012-05-14, 09:53 PM
Personally I think a weapon should only be limited by level. If you have enough money and you're of a level that +5 Holy, flaming, keen, throwing, defending, returning, axiomatic, vampiric, bane, dancing weapon is what you think your character needs then I say go for it.

Obviously that weapon might be a bit theatric for a real player but you get my gist.

It would be helpful to know the level, class, and weapon type of the player to get a better idea of what would work though.

arixe
2012-05-14, 10:02 PM
the person who im trying to help is a 10th lvl wizard using a warhammer.

FMArthur
2012-05-14, 10:04 PM
What kind of weapons does the player use? Are we talking two-handers, bladed, whatever?

For a two-hander a property that acted similarly to the Knockback feat would be cool. Basically a free nonprovoking bull-rush attempt that you don't move with when you hit with an attack. If you want to simulate foes sent flying you could also have it trip them on a critical. Or mix the two effects up with a d4: 1 has no effect, 2 you get a free bull-rush attempt, 3 you get a free trip attempt, and 4 you get both.

arixe
2012-05-14, 10:15 PM
cool but warhammers are one handed. mauls are 2. but good idea.

deuxhero
2012-05-14, 10:26 PM
Wizard?

+1 Dueling Jealous/Domineering/Sadistic Gauntlet/Shuriken.

That's all he ever wants or needs using only released PF material.