PDA

View Full Version : nWoD Hunter: SCP Foundation

Beelzebub1111
2012-05-15, 02:47 PM
I just found this Creepy awesome wiki (http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/). And had an idea for a hunter game based around it. The Foundation would make a great Tier 3 organization, but I wonder what you guys think. I have no idea what kind of campaign or missions or adversaries would be like. But the general idea seems fun.

Any ideas?

Ravens_cry
2012-05-15, 03:08 PM
If you want to run it like Paranoia, you could have a bunch of D-Class personnel on monster capture duty in Operation: B Squad.
Still, identifying, capturing, classifying, , experiments, recapturing and containment, sound like they would be a regular part the duties of any team of any clearance level.

Kaun
2012-05-16, 08:05 PM
Heheh i always love when this idea pops up i just wish some would actually try it and write a game journal for the playground to enjoy.

Telok
2012-05-17, 04:12 AM
I love the Soap From Corpses corporation. I think I like SCP-682 best.

The Glyphstone
2012-05-17, 09:33 AM
If you want to run it like Paranoia, you could have a bunch of D-Class personnel on monster capture duty in Operation: B Squad.
Still, identifying, capturing, classifying, , experiments, recapturing and containment, sound like they would be a regular part the duties of any team of any clearance level.

Playing a standard MTF as a Hunter team would be the best way to go about it - the investigating, capturing, and if needed recapturing (when containment is breached) would fuel a good game. The Foundation is quite bureaucratic, and tends towards specialization - the researchers and site staff don't go on field expeditions, the field agents don't do experiments or analysis outside their after-action paperwork. Having a group of players do both sides of the coin with one set of characters would be quite odd.