View Full Version : Anyone know of a map maker which can do both world maps and dungeons?

danzibr
2012-05-15, 09:48 PM
Title says it all.

I've perused old map threads but haven't found what I'm looking for. I'm in need of something rather simple which makes grids which you can fill in with various patterns.

For instance, if you're making a world map (or at least a map of the relevant region), you could have it be A-Y by 1-40 or something, each square 5 miles by 5 miles or something, then fill in forests, roads, towns, rivers, et cetera.

Or if you're making a dungeon, have each square be the standard 5 feet by 5 feet, then everything that goes with that.

Oh right, making towns would be nice too.

I don't necessarily care about it being able to handle combat, just make maps. If anyone happens to know of such a tool, it'd be greatly appreciated.

KatoriaTheRed
2012-05-16, 02:20 AM
Have a look here.... http://www.profantasy.com/products/dd3.asp

Though it cost me nearly 100 bucks for both together, I bought the Campaign Cartographer 3, which is the core piece you WILL need, and the Dungeon Designer 3 add on for it. You can buy other add on's so you can keep making different bits, like towns, and other such things. But it's a neat little program. hope it helps.