PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder - Effect for Binding Equipment

DarkHarlequinn7
2012-05-15, 11:47 PM
Greetings all, I would like help finding a spell or effect that would cause my equipment to be mundane in the hands of anyone but myself, essentially making it worthless unless I'm using it. Any suggestions?

deuxhero
2012-05-16, 01:11 AM
3.5 had rules that reduced costs in exchange for limitations (such as can only be used LG character, only be used by fighters). Generally cheesy as hell as the pentalties are meaningless with custom items, but allowing it at full price for a paranoid dood is fine. Unless PF carried them over (they weren't OGC and I don't see such a thing in the PFSRD) that isn't a help though. PF has rules about cursed items that only function for one person, but nothing that can be intentionally created to my knowledge.

DarkHarlequinn7
2012-05-16, 01:30 AM
PF has rules about cursed items that only function for one person, but nothing that can be intentionally created to my knowledge.

Well the GM has said that the only thing that's needed to create cursed items is the ability to create the normal item and the Bestow Curse spell. That's a pretty good idea I'll have to look into that.

Shadowknight12
2012-05-16, 01:38 AM
Well the GM has said that the only thing that's needed to create cursed items is the ability to create the normal item and the Bestow Curse spell. That's a pretty good idea I'll have to look into that.

If you're going for cursed items, don't waste time designing an item that only functions for you. Pick the curse where you can't get rid of the item. That way, you can't lose it, it can't get stolen and you don't have to worry about someone else using it because it will never be parted from your person.