PDA

View Full Version : Movement Based Prestige Classes

zoobob9
2012-05-16, 08:27 PM
Long story short: I'm building a Psion Nomad/Planeswalker build (we changed it to manifester level for everything), and I'm looking for a PrC to take afterwards. Due to the character's backstory, I'd prefer a movement based class. I've access to any books.

For those curious, here is the backstory. If something makes no sense, its probably because it is in reference to our campaign. Zuoken's story has been slightly changed. http://tinyurl.com/6mown92

I won't be able to respond until tomorrow, keep that in mind if you have questions. Thanks.

Randomguy
2012-05-16, 08:32 PM
Elocator seems like a pretty movement based PrC. And it advances Psionics, too. You get to hover instead of walk, and a few teleportation based abilities, among other things. It doesn't seem very optimized though, and it requires spring attack.

deuxhero
2012-05-16, 08:35 PM
Dwarven Defender

Bloodgruve
2012-05-16, 08:53 PM
Look at Ardent with the Freedom Mantle for Dimension Hop and check out Travel Devotion feat. These would give you swift teleportation or swift movement. You can get Dimension Hop with Tap Mantle feat also IIRC. Though none of these options are PrC's.

As for movement based PrC's Elocator is one to look at like Random said.

GL
Blood~

Invader
2012-05-16, 09:12 PM
I'd say shadow dancer if the prereq's weren't so ridiculous. There's very rarely a time when there isn't a shadow somewhere (pure darkness?).

Keld Denar
2012-05-17, 01:02 AM
Blade of Orien from Dragonmarked is decent.

Jaunter from the back of the Expedition to the Demonweb Pits is ok, but the prereqs suck.

Ephemeral Blade (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5883542) is a pretty decent ToB/Psionic gish class with a form of telepounce at level 13 (assuming earliest entry)

Psyren
2012-05-17, 08:16 AM
Elocater is extremely good for Nomads with a gishy bent. Transporter alone makes the class worth it; Capricious Step and Scorn Earth are just icing on the cake. Drop out of the class at level 7 and you only lose 2 ML. (Personally, the last two abilities aren't worth losing a third ML for me.)

The class is a fantastic fit for Psyrogues too (see my handbook in sig.)

zoobob9
2012-05-17, 03:12 PM
Dwarven Defender

There's already a Dwarven Defender in my party, but if there wasn't, this seems like the best choice.

Look at Ardent with the Freedom Mantle for Dimension Hop and check out Travel Devotion feat. These would give you swift teleportation or swift movement. You can get Dimension Hop with Tap Mantle feat also IIRC. Though none of these options are PrC's.

GL
Blood~

I'd rather not multiclass to be honest. Would you have any recommendations of making a "prestige ardent"?

A lot of people are saying Elocater, but that's a bit too gishy for this build. Maybe another one that I'd make later.

zoobob9
2012-05-17, 03:14 PM
Dwarven Defender

There's already a Dwarven Defender in my party, but if there wasn't, this seems like the best choice.

GL
Blood~

I'd rather not multiclass to be honest. Would you have any recommendations of making a "prestige ardent"?

A lot of people are saying Elocater, but that's a bit too gishy for this build. Maybe another one that I'd make later.