PDA

View Full Version : What happens to those that piss the judge off?

King of Nowhere
2012-05-17, 10:43 AM
pretty old point, andd maybe it has already been discussed but I could not find anything with the search, so...

back when roy and belkar stand trial (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0734.html), jones says that being condemned to be gladiators is a lenient sentence, and that all the trials end with a guilty sentence, the only difference being that a long process will piss the judge.

So, what would happen to those who actually piss the judge?

BaronOfHell
2012-05-17, 10:50 AM
My guess is something like turned to stone/soul-binded for eternity or similar. (Building materials don't come cheap:smallamused:)

Since there's a final reward for everyone, the sentence basicly meant they always had, to some extend, the possibility to choose between staying at the arena or go to their destined place, a choice they had around once pr. week.

rgrekejin
2012-05-17, 10:52 AM
Piss the judge off, is what that says. Presumably, the clients would get a summary execution, and the lawyers themselves would get arrested for their next menial violation of any way whatsoever.

Gorm_the_DBA
2012-05-17, 01:05 PM
Kowtow to the judge - go to the Arena

Piss off the judge - go to the Arena...to be part of the Pre-show (seriously, that choreography is criminal!)

Cizak
2012-05-17, 02:04 PM
Just as a friendly reminder to next time, please makes sure you spell out all of the words in the title. I could do without the images that comes to mind when I automatically filled it in myself with the wrong word.

Forikroder
2012-05-17, 03:25 PM
pretty old point, andd maybe it has already been discussed but I could not find anything with the search, so...

back when roy and belkar stand trial (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0734.html), jones says that being condemned to be gladiators is a lenient sentence, and that all the trials end with a guilty sentence, the only difference being that a long process will piss the judge.

So, what would happen to those who actually piss the judge?

maybe they get to work as a slave and instead of getting to die when they start getting weak they get healed so they can work until they die of old age

King of Nowhere
2012-05-17, 06:06 PM
Just as a friendly reminder to next time, please makes sure you spell out all of the words in the title. I could do without the images that comes to mind when I automatically filled it in myself with the wrong word.

sorry, i'm not mother language and even if my english is fine, I can still make some stupid mistakes from time to time...

Oh, I like the "be part of the coreography" bit. It's basically the only worse thing they could do to you :smallsmile:

Finagle
2012-05-17, 06:37 PM
Sentenced to be tortured to death to power one of Tarquin's magic items?

Rorrik
2012-05-17, 08:46 PM
I'm willing to believe that the lawyers get some kind punishment, especially given that during Ganji's case (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0735.html) they are so quick to back off and plead guilty, very guilty, as soon as it starts going bad.

I think the defendants who draw out the case get sentenced to the same place, but as gladiator oilers (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0736.html) with no chance of ever dying in order to escape the wretched scent of sweaty men.

Kish
2012-05-18, 02:09 PM
Most likely, there is no difference at all for the crim--I mean defendant.

The lawyers, on the other hand, get punished (with horrible death or horrible enslavement) if they fail to make their clients appropriately docile.

Ravian
2012-05-18, 02:44 PM
The Arenas? Please you get off easy that way. :smallamused:

Any tyranny worth its salt would have much worse punishments then condemnation to fight for the amusment of others. Serious threats would escape far too easily. I'd put my money down for using them to power magic items. I'm sure more powerful souls could make better magic items than the average Spartucus, of course if the judge was having a bad day then I'm sure no one would complain if a few grunts got mixed into the bunch.

Plus the lawyers would help balance it out. Quantity is just as good as Quality after all, and when the ritual calls for wholesale slaughter instead of slow torture, you'll be glad you had a good supply of normal criminals instead of having to waste the competent ones.