PDA

View Full Version : [PF/3.5] So, I hit 15th level, what now?

Rasman
2012-05-17, 04:24 PM
It took me a few years, but my Druid has finally gone from 1st to 15th level. Only 5 more to 20.

*Que Fireworks and the Marching Band*

With this accomplishment, however, I have capped out my levels in Planar Shepherd. At this point, I'm not sure what is next and I'm even having a hard time picking out my 15th level feat.

From what I've read, the staple is to just go another 5 levels in Druid to net Venom Immunity at level 19 and to progress my Animal Companion and casting.

"Druids are tier 1 for a reason, they don't really need PRCs," and such being the trope I see repeated over and over, I am simply interested in other options. While I originally went Planar Shepherd for the 'power' considering how deadly our game is, I fell in love with it because of how interesting it is. I value the interesting over the powerful by leaps and bounds.

So I am mostly looking for suggestions on maybe other PRCs that I might branch out into that are interesting. Nymph-Loved was a PRC I found only in name in a archived search on GitP. Sounds interesting, but no clue where it comes from.

Now that I've gone about the long winded method, here's the shorthand version. I am looking for suggestions for possible PRCs for beyond 15th level AND I'm looking for feat suggestions as well.

deuxhero
2012-05-17, 05:07 PM
If you want to be cheesy, take Skill Focus: Know: Nature and Eldritch Heritage: Slyvian for Druid level+CL-5 effective Druid level

Rasman
2012-05-17, 06:16 PM
If you want to be cheesy, take Skill Focus: Know: Nature and Eldritch Heritage: Slyvian for Druid level+CL-5 effective Druid level

I don't follow your math. All that does is give me an animal companion, which I already have.

deuxhero
2012-05-17, 07:50 PM
In Pathfinder, multiple sources of Animal Companion stack with eachother for determining the AC's strength, rather than give you multiple separate companions.

The character's druid level. The druid's class levels stack with levels of any other classes that are entitled to an animal companion for the purpose of determining the companion's statistics.

Eldritch Heritage gives you Bloodline powers at Sorcerer level=Character Level -2 and Sylvian bloodline gives an animal companion at Sorcerer level -3, minimum 1, (Skill Focus is just a requirement).

Even if they don't stack and give you two separate companions (which I would rule because this is cheesy as cheesy cheese), it's not a terrible choice.

Invader
2012-05-17, 07:53 PM
What plane did you choose for planar shepherd?

Rasman
2012-05-17, 08:15 PM
In Pathfinder, multiple sources of Animal Companion stack with eachother for determining the AC's strength, rather than give you multiple separate companions.

Eldritch Heritage gives you Bloodline powers at Sorcerer level=Character Level -2 and Sylvian bloodline gives an animal companion at Sorcerer level -3, minimum 1, (Skill Focus is just a requirement).

Even if they don't stack and give you two separate companions (which I would rule because this is cheesy as cheesy cheese), it's not a terrible choice.

So, based on that, my animal companion would be boosted by 10 levels at level 15, correct?

What plane did you choose for planar shepherd?

Lamannia. The plane that the bubble auto-extends Druid spells.

Also, no, I don't do the "Wildshape into a Genie and grant the party wishes," trick. I could, but I don't want to break the game flat out.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-05-17, 08:27 PM
There honestly aren't really any good class choices apart from just more Druid levels. Maybe get Natural Bond (CV) and take some one-level dips like Seeker of the Misty Isle, Contemplative, Sacred Exorcist, and Paragnostic Apostle. An odd number of levels in Nature's Warrior could be useful, depending on which abilities you pick; the last three are probably the only ones worthwhile. A few Warshaper levels could also work, but not so many that you won't get 9th level spells before 20th.

Invader
2012-05-17, 09:01 PM
I was thinking more a long the lines of arcane hierophant. The hardest prereq is the levels of arcane spells but I guess you could technically count any creature you can wildshape into if they have them.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of combining divine/arcane magic but its good in a hard campaign for some more utility.

You might want to look at PrC's that increase your martial wildshape abilities. I'm not that familiar with what would be most beneficial though.

Urpriest
2012-05-17, 09:14 PM
I'd suggest Contemplative or Divine Oracle. Both have already been suggested, but both are nice solid choices with good abilities.

Hierophant unfortunately doesn't properly progress casting, otherwise it would be the default choice in this sort of situation. Unless PF changed that?

deuxhero
2012-05-18, 01:21 AM
So, based on that, my animal companion would be boosted by 10 levels at level 15, correct?

Yep. I don't recommend it in all but the highest op games, but you took levels in Planar Shepard so...

Rasman
2012-05-18, 03:57 AM
Yep. I don't recommend it in all but the highest op games, but you took levels in Planar Shepard so...

Let me put it this way, if someone doesn't 'die' in every session, it was more than likely that there was no combat that session. And that's when we had two healers, a cleric and a priest.

But I think that might be a level of Cheese that I can't get away with.

I have a while to think about the class progression right now, so for the time being, I'm really looking at feats. Quick Wildshape seems like a decent choice since I have Fast Wildshape already...but I feel I could do much better than that...

Morph Bark
2012-05-18, 04:43 AM

It does say "any other classes" though, so Druid won't stack with itself for that.

If you want even stronger Wildshape, perhaps take Warshaper? Or if you have any metamagic and a decent Charisma (and are Neutral Good), go into Sacred Exorcist and take Divine Metamagic at level 18.

There are also PrCs that give you a Paladin mount that you can fuse with your animal companion with a feat, I believe.