PDA

View Full Version : [Outbreak: Undead] CIA without telling the party?

Toy Killer
2012-05-17, 04:42 PM
So, a friend of mine is starting up a Outbreak game and I decided on playing a CIA agent who is trying to keep word from leaking out of Smalltown Indiana that Zombies exist or that America had an outbreak (not sure if the world knows of Zombies yet).

My character is undercover, I know that my personal goal is to get to the news outlet and make sure that no one can broadcast out of it. At some point, I'm also going to set up a marker light in the town.

I want to leak that my character is not all that he appears, and draw suspicion from the party. All I really got though is a habit of killing other survivors we encounter and destroying videos when available. maybe strangely proficient with firearms, but i don't know if that is going to be enough.

Any ideas?

Hydra_Lord
2012-05-17, 05:57 PM
I have to say this is a amazing idea. Have you coordinated with your GM at all? Maybe they can help in 'subtly' telling your team what you are up to. What is your eventual goal? Discovery? Or your own personal mission?

Sith_Happens
2012-05-17, 05:58 PM
I want to leak that my character is not all that he appears, and draw suspicion from the party. All I really got though is a habit of killing other survivors we encounter and destroying videos when available. maybe strangely proficient with firearms, but i don't know if that is going to be enough.

Any ideas?

Personally I think what you've come up with already is enough. Anything more and you're not a very good spy, now are you? :smalltongue:

eggs
2012-05-17, 06:39 PM
I never got my hands on that book, but I thought the point was to play yourself?
You should casually allude to mysterious meetings and drop some scary anecdotes in those times where the group is making food or otherwise not in "game mode."
If your group starts acting cagey around you, you'll know it either worked or they think you're a crazy person. Feel free to chalk either up as a victory.
:smalltongue:

Hydra_Lord
2012-05-17, 07:01 PM
I never got my hands on that book, but I thought the point was to play yourself?
You should casually allude to mysterious meetings and drop some scary anecdotes in those times where the group is making food or otherwise not in "game mode."
If your group starts acting cagey around you, you'll know it either worked or they think you're a crazy person. Feel free to chalk either up as a victory.
:smalltongue:

The game allows you to CYOC - Create Yourself as a Character (as we like to say) but in no way is that the only way you can do it. There is lots of template character options and it's pretty easy to make any 'archtype' survivor you can think of. We tend to only go as deep as providing 'professionals' though, the rest is supplemented with the Gestalt system.

holywhippet
2012-05-17, 08:54 PM
I'd suggest posing as a journalist - that way nobody will see anything wrong with you gathering all the video evidence you can get your hands on.

You could see if the DM will let you have some kind of rigged first aid kit. Rigged in that the antibiotics will have a memory loss drugs in them so anyone you treat won't be able to give an accurate account of the last few weeks.

Toy Killer
2012-05-20, 07:47 AM
Yes, my DM is in on it, and is very supportive of the idea. I like the journalist idea.

Thank you, all for the help!

Shadowknight12
2012-05-20, 12:46 PM
You don't need to kill survivors. A person's word is worth absolutely nothing. The old "If we leave witnesses alive, we'll be DOOMED" is a complete and utter lie. So long as you destroy any actual evidence, anyone who goes on and on about how the tragic events at Podunk, Indiana were actually a ZOMBIE OUTBREAK FOR REALZ will be met with scorn and disdain by the community at large.

I recommend, if the CIA is not planning on nuking the town, to set every building you come across on fire. Make up any excuses you see fit: maybe you can lure a whole lot of zombies in, escape through the roof or a secret exit, then set the whole thing on fire to take out the zombies. But what you really want is to turn the whole town into a big pile of unidentifiable ash.

Knight13
2012-05-21, 03:37 PM
Maybe Toy Killer is actually a CIA agent in real life.

GnomeFighter
2012-05-21, 04:37 PM
How about working in with the GM some sort of "evidence" of not being who you say you are. The party find your driving licence in a diffrent name or find you are carrying a work ID that says you work in a job other than the one you have told the rest of the party. Not enough to tell the party what you do but enough to make them paranoid.