PDA

View Full Version : RP idea

M2H24
2012-05-18, 03:23 AM
I was thinking of starting an RP thread about a game. I cam up with several games. I decided to put them on cote here and once it reaches 50 posts, the game that has the highest anticiation, will be the pone we go on.
Here are the games
Assassins Creed
Mass Effect
Devil May Cry
Resident Evil
Dead Space
FalloutSkyrim

Rakmakallan
2012-05-18, 04:42 AM
What is this, I don't even.
This forum is about tabletop RPGs. In addition, I don't really understand what you want to achieve. If it is starting a discussion about one of the video games listed (most of which are not even in the rpg genre), this should be under "media discussion". If it is gathering people for a freeform rp based on one of these, it should be under "finding players".
Ladies and gentlemen moderators, please take a look at this.

P.S. No offence, but the post is barely comprehensible at points.

M2H24
2012-05-18, 05:05 AM
sorry dude. but you are short sighted. In order to RP a game story or something, it is not a necessity that game should not be an RPG game or something. RP is about ficition, having an open mind. Making the story by your brain and smart. So, You can rle play a third person shooter game if you have good imagination. If the real game ending is important to you, you can consider the plot of the game and Role play with others in that direction. Or with use of your imagination, you can make a plot in that game, using the same game theme ( time, weapons and such) and make your own version of the game. that simple.

PersonMan
2012-05-18, 05:47 AM
sorry dude. but you are short sighted. In order to RP a game story or something, it is not a necessity that game should not be an RPG game or something. RP is about ficition, having an open mind. Making the story by your brain and smart. So, You can rle play a third person shooter game if you have good imagination. If the real game ending is important to you, you can consider the plot of the game and Role play with others in that direction. Or with use of your imagination, you can make a plot in that game, using the same game theme ( time, weapons and such) and make your own version of the game. that simple.

No, it's not about the game itself, it's about the forum you post the thread in.

If you want people to play a roleplaying game with you, whether you use a system or freeform, you should go to where the people go when they look for a game. It's like putting up a poster about your hobby somewhere - you should put it in the place where the right people will find it.

Vizzerdrix
2012-05-18, 05:49 AM
Use this one. Happy gaming :smallsmile: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)