PDA

View Full Version : Greater Visage of the Deity and Holy Transformation

Razaele
2012-05-18, 07:14 AM
Will Greater Visage of the Deity and Holy Transformation stack? I'm pretty sure you can't be both a half-celestial and an Archon, but will you still be able to gain some of the bonuses such as being able to cast Greater Teleport at will if you chose to become a half-celestial instead?

Also, under the description of half celestials, they stand to gain skill points equal to (8 + Int modifier) × (HD +3). Now, under the description of Greater Visage of the Deity, the player "takes on the qualities of a half-celestial". Does this mean the player gains everything written on the half-celestial subtype, or will you only gain the things listed under the "special qualities" section?

jara
2012-05-18, 08:11 AM
i'm looking at the spells in the SC, and visage gives a list of what you gain during the duration of the spell, based on the alignment of the spellcaster. it says you gain many of the traits of a half-celestial, but it does not explicitly say you gain the half-celestial template. and as long as the bonuses of both spells are of different types, they would all stack. it shouldn't affect your skills in any way.

also, somewhere WotC wrote that it was possible to have a demon with a half-fiend template, representing the mixed fiendish heritage of the creature. the same should be true of a half-celestial archon.

Razaele
2012-05-18, 11:26 PM
I see. So, it should be possible to cast both of these spells on a single Cleric, then gain all of the bonuses (including any spell-like abilities, resistances, immunities, etc.) from both spells, besides any bonuses that shouldn't stack.

Cool. Thanks for answering my question!