PDA

View Full Version : Help

ShadowFireLance
2012-05-18, 11:21 AM
Can anbody make this into a la+4 race?

http://browse.deviantart.com/anthro/?q=Mantid#/d50bopl

Virdish
2012-05-18, 03:04 PM
I might try my hand at it. Give me a little time. I have some idea's. I can also try and write it up as a Savage progression or a simple LA+4 race

ShadowFireLance
2012-05-18, 11:00 PM
Just a race would be great. Thanks!

Virdish
2012-05-19, 11:36 AM
I've got the basic write up done. Not sure if I hit +4 but if not I can throw in some RHD.

Leaving fluff to you unless you want me to write it up.
Montrous Humanoid (Insect)
+4 Str, +4 Dex, -2 cha, -2 int
Mantids are strong and agile but their savage appearance scares people off and they are highly primitive.

Size: As medium creatures Mantids gain no advantages or disadvantages from size.

Immunity: Mantids are immune to all Natural poisons and diseases.

Blidsight: Mantids small antennae allow them to feel vibrations in the air through which they can see moving objects fifteen feet around them.

Natural Armour: Mantids exoskeleton offers a +4 AC bonus however it renders them incapable of wearing armor.

Scythe claws: Mantids have two scythe like arms that are primary attacks for the mantid. These claws deal 1d8 per 5HD. As a mantid becomes more powerful his scythes become dreadful weapons.
5HD: The Mantids scythes are now poisonous, dealing 1d4 con damage every round for 1d4 rounds
10HD: The Mantids scythes take on a Keen edge and are treated as if they had the weapon quality of the same name.
15HD: The Mantids scythes become masterwork quality and can be enchanted.

Bite: A mantids bite is a secondary natural attack that deals 1d4

Battle Dance: Mantids study the art of combat in a different way then most other humanoids. To them combat is a dance and they reveal that through their unique ability to enter into a battle dance. A mantid may only enter a battle dance once per encounter and remains in this state for a number of rounds equal to his dex modifier, so long as he is able to move. In a battle dance a mantid gains a +4 untyped bonus to dex and uses his dex modifier in place of his strength modifier for attack and damage rolls. During a battle Dance a mantids Scythe's deal 1d10 per 5HD instead of the usual 1d8. After a battle dance a mantid is fatigued for 1d8 rounds.

ShadowFireLance
2012-05-19, 01:49 PM
Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thank ies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!T hankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thanki es!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Th ankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankie s!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Tha nkies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies !Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Than kies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies! Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thank ies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!T hankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thanki es!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Th ankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankie s!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Tha nkies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies !Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Than kies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies! Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thank ies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!T hankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thanki es!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Th ankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankie s!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Tha nkies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies !Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Than kies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies! Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thank ies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!T hankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thanki es!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Th ankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankie s!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Tha nkies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies !Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Than kies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies! Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thank ies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!T hankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thanki es!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Th ankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankie s!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Tha nkies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies !Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Than kies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies! Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thank ies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!T hankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thanki es!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Th ankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankie s!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Tha nkies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies !Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Than kies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies! Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thankies!Thank ies!

Thank you!

Now how bout This?
http://shadowfirelance.deviantart.com/#/d50gpkx

Or...

http://shadowfirelance.deviantart.com/#/d50gpu7

This?

Virdish
2012-05-19, 02:07 PM
Still LA+4? By the way did you draw those? if so I may have a race I would appreciate you drawing something up for.

ShadowFireLance
2012-05-19, 05:05 PM
Actly i Modify art......

And i could to do somthing for you though as a sort of thank you....

And make them powerful withen reason.

read this (http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Rathalos)

For the wingid thing and here is what it does and how well it flys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Fuh0-CewU I want the winged things as a dragonblood type as well Thanks!

Virdish
2012-05-20, 01:22 PM
I'll work on the half Rathalos today on watch and then post it up afterwords I have a direction that I'm really liking for them. I have some idea's for the half shark but nothing concrete yet.

Virdish
2012-05-20, 06:09 PM
Rathali (Half-Rathalos)
(Dragon)

+4 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Wis
Rathali are agile and durable but have a hard time keeping their minds from wandering

+4 racial bonus on fort saves
Medium
Movement: 30ft land speed, 40ft flight speed (average)

Tail: A rathali's tail is a primary natural attack that deals 1d6 piercing/bludgeoning damage. Upon a successful attack a Rathali may make a free trip attempt that does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

Natural Armor: Rathali's scaled hide grants it a +2 Natural bonus to AC

Darkvision: Rathali have Darkvision out to 60 ft.

Immunity: Rathali are immune to fire damage.

Now for the meat of this. I love this next ability.

Breath Weapon: Rathalos are feared for their ability to spew torrents of fire at a hunter in quick succesion and Rathali inherited a small amount of this from their ancestors. Once per encounter in place of a full attack a Rathali may make a number of breath weapon attacks equal to the number of attacks she would have made during a full attack. The Rathali's breath weapon deals 1d8+1d8 per 5HD (5d8 at 20th level) in a 5 ft burst. Any one in the burst must make a reflex save (DC 10+1/2HD+Str mod). Upon successful save the target takes half damage.

ShadowFireLance
2012-05-20, 08:02 PM
Great!:smallbiggrin: So shark folk.... And what about an anthro ver. of THIS (http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Lagiacrus)

ShadowFireLance
2012-05-20, 08:03 PM
I'll work on the half Rathalos today on watch and then post it up afterwords I have a direction that I'm really liking for them. I have some idea's for the half shark but nothing concrete yet.

Never mind sharks...

The King of the SEAS!

Virdish
2012-05-22, 03:52 PM
I'm currently stumped on your kings of the sea. I have a feeling for who they are but not quite complete with Mechanics.

ShadowFireLance
2012-05-22, 05:50 PM
VICOTRY!:smallbiggrin: and no pun.... So then.... I was kinda thinking:

Half-Lagiacrus

+4 str, +4 con, -2 wis, -2 cha
Base land speed 30' swim speed 30'
Darkvision 15'
+5 nat armor
Special attack: Lightnig strike Once every 1d3 rounds the Half-Lagiacrus can produce a shocking attack that deals 4d6 damage. If the attack hits then the closest enemy withen 10' also takes damage (Rerolled)