PDA

View Full Version : Seeking some interesting CR7 Dungeon encounters

matphat
2012-05-18, 11:56 AM
My party is headed in to a HUGE dungeon delve as part of an on going campaign.
I need some interesting filler to make up the parts of the dungeon that aren't part of the story line.

I'm looking for CR6 or CR7 and maybe a few CR8s to fill in some of the gaps. Traps, Combats, Riddles, Problem solving, etc.

Do you guys have any resources you use for this? Have any encounters that you have created that you adore and wouldn't mind me using?

I'll give you a cookie!

ThiagoMartell
2012-05-18, 02:07 PM
Bloodhulks from MM5 (or was it 4?) are low CR globs of hp. Add them on a few encounters, if only to make maneuvering harder. When they hit, they also do somewhat respectable damage.

How about dungeonbred large (well, now medium) earth elementals with the standard array (CR 6 on medium-sized)? Get their Dex to 13, take Dodge, Mobility and Spring Attack. Two of those make a EL 8 encounter. Make your players mad between Spring Attack and Earth Glide! If you're not that evil, use a bullette.

Advancing monsters usually yields satisfying results. An advanced choker (12 HD) with a single level of Swordsage is downright terrifying... and only CR 6.

How about a few assassin vines in a room with resetting lightning bolt traps and one (or two!) shambling mounds?

Also, when in doubt, just add allips. It's like spice. :smallamused: