PDA

View Full Version : Underdark crawl

leegi0n
2012-05-18, 01:12 PM
Posting to see if I can get some suggestions on an Underdark setup.

These are the factors I have:

1. Group (6 PCs) are looking for the Aunt (apothecarian) of one of the characters. She supposedly has been abducted and taken underground by followers of an Illithilich, as well as many other wizards and arcane practitioners, etc., from their home city.

2. I want to include Illithids, obviously.

3. I want to include a Vermin Lord (already rolled up).

4. One of the PCs has been infected (as a child) with the brain bug of the Illithids and is being monitored by a powerful flayer through this. He is slowly taking on physical characteristics of an Illithid, too.

5. The ECL of the party is 9 (2 scouts, 1 fighter, 1 psionic, 1 cleric, 1 bard).

6. They have already heard mention of her aunt's whereabouts, though the exact location is unclear and have encountered a group of drow, numerous times, that seem to show a special interest in the group.

7. They have a svirneblin Sage/mystic wanderer (NPC) who comes and goes as needed for story push.

So...as of now, they are on the surface, near a cave that drow just retreated to. I haven't run an underdark adventure in about 10 years and am rusty. Does anyone see any "point A (current location) to point B (finding auntie)" that would incorporate the above notes, with all of the horror potential of the underdark?

I don't necessarily need any NPC build ideas, I have all of that covered. There's just a gap in my storyline that I'm struggling to fill.

Any suggestions would be most welcome and thank you in advance ~