PDA

View Full Version : Dog-Gone it [PF]

ExemplarofAvg
2012-05-18, 01:39 PM
Best Class for a Dog turned Human?
This is mostly going to be a gag-ish character but I still want to put though into it. Roleplay will be mostly puns.

Thoughts are either a Canine Anumus Cleric with the Animal/Fur(Sub) Domain and one other Domain, possibly the Protection Domain.

Or a Natural Weapon Human Ranger using Aspect of the beast to get claws and then Improved Natural Attack on them to get them to a decent damage, as well as possibly a bite, somehow.

lorddrake
2012-05-18, 02:13 PM
You could be a Druid and start a wolf pack (with you as the alpha dog).

And I'm happy you didn't choose Bear for this one, because the puns, as usual, would turn this unbearable! :smallsigh:

EDIT: You could have a Large scimitar and have a girlfriend (cleric, probably) who would say "sit" and you'd fall flat on the ground.

Gharkash
2012-05-18, 02:45 PM
Watch Danny the Dog (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KB2O38Ie9s) and play and unarmed Swordsage with Tiger Claw/ Setting Sun discipline focus.

EDIT: just noticed the [PF] tag, i am totally blind...if you can go ToB, go ToB with unarmed SS.

Rift_Wolf
2012-05-18, 03:28 PM
This is mostly going to be a gag-ish character but I still want to put though into it. Roleplay will be mostly puns.

Thoughts are either a Canine Anumus Cleric with the Animal/Fur(Sub) Domain and one other Domain, possibly the Protection Domain.

Or a Natural Weapon Human Ranger using Aspect of the beast to get claws and then Improved Natural Attack on them to get them to a decent damage, as well as possibly a bite, somehow.

The real question is- What breed of dog?

grarrrg
2012-05-18, 06:56 PM

I second Ranger, Favored Enemy (Felines).

Although someway to inflict Fatigue would be nice..."guess they just got dog-tired"...

ExemplarofAvg
2012-05-19, 08:58 PM
You could be a Druid and start a wolf pack (with you as the alpha dog).

And I'm happy you didn't choose Bear for this one, because the puns, as usual, would turn this unbearable! :smallsigh:

EDIT: You could have a Large scimitar and have a girlfriend (cleric, probably) who would say "sit" and you'd fall flat on the ground.

The thought had crossed my mind, but I was hoping to just play the character, a Pack would be fun, but it's been done before.

Large Scimitar? Why? And Girlfriend, I'm drawing a blank on any cultural references. Sorry.

Watch Danny the Dog (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KB2O38Ie9s) and play and unarmed Swordsage with Tiger Claw/ Setting Sun discipline focus.

EDIT: just noticed the [PF] tag, i am totally blind...if you can go ToB, go ToB with unarmed SS.

Yeah, no, no I can't. To do that I could always roll with a monk.

The real question is- What breed of dog?

Hmm, in this situation I'm gonna say "war-dog" just simple enough, I'm not sure breeds exist the same in the world of DnD. Although I could take the fire-infused template and call myself an arcanine, :P

I second Ranger, Favored Enemy (Felines).

Although someway to inflict Fatigue would be nice..."guess they just got dog-tired"...

Hmm, So Ranger sounds good, also after my arcanine joke I might actually do that, Fire-Infused gives a breath weapon and natural attacks and attacks with metal weapons deal 1d6 fire damage.

Togath
2012-05-19, 09:32 PM
Large Scimitar? Why? And Girlfriend, I'm drawing a blank on any cultural references. Sorry.

It was a reference to the anime & manga Inuyasha, The male lead character wields a giant curved sword and is described as being a half-dog-demon(though he looks like a male catgirl, minus a tail).
The priestess girlfriend was a reference to the female lead of the same anime.

ExemplarofAvg
2012-05-19, 09:35 PM
It was a reference to the anime & manga Inuyasha, The male lead character wields a giant curved sword and is described as being a half-dog-demon(though he looks like a male catgirl, minus a tail).
The priestess girlfriend was a reference to the female lead of the same anime.

Ah, right, never really got into that show. (And don't think I'd read the manga, my "to read" list is 23 long right now) Although I think that one guy with the black hole hand and the jingly ring staff seemed neat.

Doorhandle
2012-05-19, 09:37 PM

Shape-shifter ranger. refluffy the other forms as vairtions of dog.

Invader
2012-05-19, 10:24 PM
How about a paladin? The PC shows his unwavering loyalty to his god like he did to his old master when he was a dog?

ExemplarofAvg
2012-05-20, 05:20 AM
Shape-shifter ranger. refluffy the other forms as vairtions of dog.

I didn't so much want it as a guy who turns into a dog, but a guy with the personality of a dog.

How about a paladin? The PC shows his unwavering loyalty to his god like he did to his old master when he was a dog?

Yes, that is an option I have been pursuing as well.

Cieyrin
2012-05-20, 11:32 AM

I'm suspecting his father is a demonic Shiba Inu, a common Japanese dog breed. Checkout the resemblance.

http://www.petcareland.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/shiba-inu.jpghttp://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/1563/37196/inuyasha.jpg

Definitely dog demon.

If going for natural attacks, I'd think you'd go after a bite over claws, since that's more typical of canines. I'd pursue something like Barbarian with Animal Fury, Scent, Low-Light Vision, Terrifying Howl and Primal Scent, with Savage Barbarian, Superstitious, True Primitive or Wild Rager as archetypes, especially Superstitious if going more for animal instinct type character.

ExemplarofAvg
2012-05-20, 01:02 PM
I'm suspecting his father is a demonic Shiba Inu, a common Japanese dog breed. Checkout the resemblance.

http://www.petcareland.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/shiba-inu.jpghttp://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/1563/37196/inuyasha.jpg

Definitely dog demon.

If going for natural attacks, I'd think you'd go after a bite over claws, since that's more typical of canines. I'd pursue something like Barbarian with Animal Fury, Scent, Low-Light Vision, Terrifying Howl and Primal Scent, with Savage Barbarian, Superstitious, True Primitive or Wild Rager as archetypes, especially Superstitious if going more for animal instinct type character.

Yeah, I'd put my money on that.
Also Barbarian, I dunno, I didn't wanna make him a ragey character. Although I suppose it could just represent the dog doing anything to protect it's master.

avr
2012-05-20, 07:23 PM
I didn't so much want it as a guy who turns into a dog, but a guy with the personality of a dog.
Maybe it's just the dogs I've known, but I'd say Bard. Some dogs can be quite happy to hang back and offer encouragement in a fight to someone in front of them, and they're definitely social creatures.