PDA

View Full Version : Witchknife Campaign problem.

WonderfulAngus
2012-05-18, 02:58 PM
???????????????????

Urpriest
2012-05-18, 03:07 PM
So, I am running a campaign of four Witchknives, they have no class levels or templates. In my campaign they originate from a community of evil Witchknives. Seeking out a better community for their neutral group they left, I decided to send a small scouting team of Witchknives after them from the evil community. So I went into MMIII and the DMG to find the appropriate
challenge for them, by my math 9RHD +3 level adjustment= ECL12. A Witchknife is challenge rating 4, doubling the number of enemies adds 2 challenge rating, challenge rating 6 is 2 Witchknives, 8 is 4, 10 is 8, and 12 is 16. You can see my problem, obviously 16 Witchknives is not an appropriate challenge for 4 Witchknives. So what do you suggest for the ECL of a party of Witchknives.

16 Witchknives is more of an appropriate challenge for 4 Witchknives when you consider that your 4 Witchknives have the gear of 12th level characters, which is probably more powerful than anything they can do on their own anyway. That said, when operating with a whole party of relatively weak monsters CR and the like become somewhat meaningless, and you're better off just estimating the challenge based on what you know of your party and what they can do.