PDA

View Full Version : [WFRPG 2nd] Creation Questions

vhfforever
2012-05-18, 03:59 PM
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying Game, 2nd Edition

So, I've read through the character creation rules and such, but I am still unclear on a few points.

When you roll/take your starting career, you write out your advanced scheme. These changes are NOT applied to your pc's sheet, but they are the maximum amount you can advance your stats in the listed categories. This, I get. Also, your free advance can only be applied in those categories.

Now, my question is...Say you start with a 41% WS. If you advance your WS in Bounty Hunter by 5% and then change careers to Bodyguard, is the 10% advancement possibility from Bodyguard ABOVE your already progressed WS of 46%, or can you only raise your WS to 51% because your base began at 41? (If so, your max from Knight of the Inner Circle can only ever be 35% above your starting roll, correct?)

And for my second question...is there any prerequisite for the advanced classed aside from finishing an entry career and gathering up the trappings? Granted, getting all of the stuff could be a trial, but is it really as easy as "finish a short job and go gather up a bunch of tools?'

I'm sure more questions will follow, but these were the first ones I had.

comicshorse
2012-05-18, 07:30 PM
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying Game, 2nd Edition

So, I've read through the character creation rules and such, but I am still unclear on a few points.

When you roll/take your starting career, you write out your advanced scheme. These changes are NOT applied to your pc's sheet, but they are the maximum amount you can advance your stats in the listed categories. This, I get. Also, your free advance can only be applied in those categories.

Now, my question is...Say you start with a 41% WS. If you advance your WS in Bounty Hunter by 5% and then change careers to Bodyguard, is the 10% advancement possibility from Bodyguard ABOVE your already progressed WS of 46%, or can you only raise your WS to 51% because your base began at 41? (If so, your max from Knight of the Inner Circle can only ever be 35% above your starting roll, correct?)

And for my second question...is there any prerequisite for the advanced classed aside from finishing an entry career and gathering up the trappings? Granted, getting all of the stuff could be a trial, but is it really as easy as "finish a short job and go gather up a bunch of tools?'

I'm sure more questions will follow, but these were the first ones I had.

(1) Yep if you start at 41% and your career gives you +10% then it isn't going to go higher than 51%. Which also means that the maximum increase from Knight of the Inner Circle is only ever going to be +35%

(2) Not officially but most G.M.s expect you to have made an effort to devolop contacts or reasons that make you're new career make at least a little sense in the context of the game.
And to be honest its more fun and challenging this way to

vhfforever
2012-05-18, 10:36 PM
(1) Yep if you start at 41% and your career gives you +10% then it isn't going to go higher than 51%. Which also means that the maximum increase from Knight of the Inner Circle is only ever going to be +35%

(2) Not officially but most G.M.s expect you to have made an effort to devolop contacts or reasons that make you're new career make at least a little sense in the context of the game.
And to be honest its more fun and challenging this way to

1a) I had thought so, but I just wanted to make sure. Your starting race and roll play a big part in your eventual cap capability then, huh?

2a) Well, yes, rp reasons not-withstanding. But the absolutes are those listed, finishing a career and then the gear.

q3) Do you have to finish a career to spend the 200 to move into a non-exit career?

comicshorse
2012-05-20, 05:14 PM
1a) I had thought so, but I just wanted to make sure. Your starting race and roll play a big part in your eventual cap capability then, huh?

2a) Well, yes, rp reasons not-withstanding. But the absolutes are those listed, finishing a career and then the gear.

q3) Do you have to finish a career to spend the 200 to move into a non-exit career?

2) Finishing the career, having the gear and it being a career exit for your current career yes.
Note some careers are race or country specific and you have to fulfil the race/country requirement to enter them.

3) No you don't have to finish the career but you can only switch into a Basic career (p29, WFRP 2nd edition rule book)

vhfforever
2012-05-20, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the reply!