PDA

View Full Version : Multi-limbed Artificer build help needed(dnd 3.5)

Rosalinath
2012-05-18, 08:56 PM
Before i begin i must state that im requesting this assistance because of my lack of experiance with artificers as well as creatures that have more then one set of usable limbs. if i am making any mistakes please correct me, but also be sure to give alternatives so that i may learn and adapt.

to begin how would having several arms effect item creation? magic items worn? using wands? second what is the best way to gain these limbs? i have an idea, but im curious to see others ideas

Madara
2012-05-18, 09:12 PM
to begin how would having several arms effect item creation? magic items worn? using wands? second what is the best way to gain these limbs? i have an idea, but im curious to see others ideas

No matter how many limbs, you can only benefit from 2 rings at once, and you gain no extra Item slots. So...yeah.

As for the wands, yes, you can be carrying a wand in each hand, but obviously you can only use them depending on how many actions you have. So if you're going for multiple limbs for magic items, sorry, it won't really help you.

Rosalinath
2012-05-18, 09:23 PM
isnt there a feat that allows 4 rings if u have more arms? and that is disappointing, but expected i guess.

next question- does having many limbs speed up crafting checks?

Talya
2012-05-18, 10:12 PM
isnt there a feat that allows 4 rings if u have more arms? and that is disappointing, but expected i guess.

next question- does having many limbs speed up crafting checks?

There's a feat in ECS that allows more rings, but it doesn't require extra arms to use it (You have 10 fingers already!)

More limbs would only speed up crafting checks if they gave you a bonus to craft checks -- and they probably don't.

The only way to make good use of multiple limbs is with weapons and either TWF or MWF. (If you make an archerficer, you could dual weild bows with four limbs.)