PDA

View Full Version : Master of many(3.5, warlock PRC, PEACH) oh god, the bats, the BATS

bobthe6th
2012-05-18, 09:25 PM
Some warlocks realy don't want to fight, they wish to lead. some then raise armies of the dead, and have their fun. But the master of many sees their numbers as pitiful. They would lead real numbers, teaming millions.

Master of the many

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff312/Osky-kun/53dwarlock1280x800-1.jpg

requirements:
Skills: 8 ranks knowledge the planes
invocations: must know summon swarm

skills: Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Disguise, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge(any), Profession, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, and Use Magic Device.
skill points:2+int mod
HD: d4

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|invest swarm, shroud of the vemiurge(creation)|+1 level of existing invocation using class

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|bulwark of the many(AOOs)|+1 level of existing invocation using class

3rd|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+3|swarm herd(movement)|+1 level of existing invocation using class

4th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|bulwark of the many(difficult terain)|+1 level of existing invocation using class

5th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|swarm herd(friend or foe), metallic swarm|+1 level of existing invocation using class

6th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5|shroud of the vemiurge(DR)|+1 level of existing invocation using class

7th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5|protection of the master|+1 level of existing invocation using class

8th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+6|metallic swarm|+1 level of existing invocation using class

9th|
+4|
+3|
+3|
+6|protection of the servant|+1 level level of existing invocation using class

10th|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+7|Swarm Master|+1 level of existing invocation using class

11th|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+7|Hive mind, metallic swarm|+1 level of existing invocation using class
[/table]

Invest swarm(Su)[b]: The first trick a master of the many learns to empower his swarms. At first level, he learns to invest portions of his eldrich blast into a swarm as he summons it. When using an invocation that creates a swarm he can transfer any number of eldrich blast dice into one of the swarms. This increases their swarm attack damage by that amount, gives them energy resistance 10 per die to all energy types, and makes their swarm attacks considered magic for overcoming damage reduction. Every die invested also increases the swarms duration by one round per die. The master of many losses the amount transferred from his eldrich blast until the swarm is either killed or it's duration ends.

[b]Shroud of the Vemiurge(Su): A master of the many favors from fighting from behind his minions. At firs level he learns to create a small defensive force. He can chose to create this as a move action, and must spend a swift action to maintain it or it disapates. This force is a hoard of tiny semi real infernal insects. He is treated as having a miss chance of 5% per master of many levels. Any creature that ends its turn in the master of manny's square while the force is active takes the master of many's level in damage. At sixth level, this swarm also acts as a buffering force. It acts provides the master of many with DR 10+1/2 the master's level/-, but once this has absorbed 10 damage per character level, the force disintegrates and must be recreated.

Bulwark of the many(Ex): A master of many is a sharp master, leading his minions with skill. At second level, this means the swarms makes attacks of opportunity when another creature inside the swarm provokes one. At fourth level this means the swarm is considered difficult terrain, even in the air.

Swarm herd(Su): A master of many is connected to his invested swarms. At third level, this lets him control the swarms movement directly. For each dice of eldrich blast invested in the swarm he can chose 5ft of movement for the swarm. This movement must be possible for the swarm, and not exceed its movement speed. After the movement the swarm resumes the direction of the invocation that created it(hungry darkness becomes stationary, summon swarms use the rest of the movement to reach the closest target). At fifth level, this lets him chose to exempt a creature from any swarm he has eldrich blast dice invested in swarm attack, bulwark, and distraction effects.

Metallic swarm(Ex): A master of many can infuse his summoning skills with exotic metals. At fifth level, he can chose either alchemical silver, cold iron, or addimantine. The swarms he creates swarm attacks are considered to have this property for overcoming damage reduction. At eighth and tenth levels he selects another metal.

Protection of the master(Su): A master of manny has attained a new level of power. At seventh level, all swarms the master of many has invested eldrich blast dice into gains SR equal to the masters level+15.

Protection of the many(Su): The minnions resiprocate. At eigth level, all swarms the master of many has invested eldrich blast dice into block line of sight only in respect to the master of many.

Swarm master(Su): A master of manny creates kick butt swarms. At tenth level, his swarms gain the masters alinement descriptors for overcoming damage reduction.

Hive mind(Su): A master of many understands swarms, being one isn't that big of a deal. When using the invocation dark discorperation the master of many can use any class abilities of a master of many, and take any standard actions needed to cas a swarm creating invocation. Additionally, while he cannot invest eldrich blast dice into himself, his swarm form benefits from all other class abilities of the master of many.

Oof, that was hard. So is this reasonable? This is meant to keep up with a glave lock, or T3, whichever.

Madara
2012-05-18, 09:40 PM
Make sure to define "His swarms" as those summoned by the invocation.

Also, you can enter this class at level 3...
I'd throw a BAB requirement or Caster Level Requirement into the mix

As for the capstone, might I suggest the Swarmshifter Template?

Maybe even turn the Warlock's type to Vermin?

bobthe6th
2012-05-18, 10:04 PM
And that should be 8 ranks... I blame sleep derivation.
As for making the warlock a vermin.. well at leve 16 he can snag dark discorperation, and be a kick ass swarm, with full swarm summoning capabilaties...

Madara
2012-05-18, 10:11 PM
In which case they are still stuck with the summon swarm invocation taking up a least, or they don't meet the requirements of the PrC. So, I'd change it to "Summon Swarm Invocation or dark discorperation invocation"

bobthe6th
2012-05-18, 11:00 PM
This is a power heavy PRC, that is a really minor tax to get into it.

Madara
2012-05-19, 08:04 AM
Its powerful, I'll give you that. But you're still sacrificing variety, and options are power.

bobthe6th
2012-05-19, 08:10 AM
not really, as you won't need much in the blast shapes/essences department, that frees up a bunch of options.

Madara
2012-05-19, 10:41 AM
Teehee, I never use those anyways.

Still, I really like seeing more support for the Warlock. It's what I believe the ideal T4 sorcerer would be like.

Elfstone
2012-05-19, 11:43 AM
Your chart is pretty off. There are no abilities listed for 11th level, but the chart goes to 11th and has several abilities that are off from the text. I like the class thus far, but I think new invocations having to do with swarms would be cool.

Jessica1990
2012-05-19, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the tips!

Answerer
2012-05-19, 12:01 PM
Adding duration to Summon Swarm is probably... kind of a bad idea. A huge advantage of the Warlock's Summon Swarm over the spell is that it ends as soon as the Warlock stops concentrating on it: as a result, there's never any risk of friendly fire the way there is with the spell.

So I'd probably want Swarm Herd earlier, and not nearly so limited.

Remember, Summon Swarm is excellent at 1st level, but mediocre by 5th. If entry is impossible before 6th, you need to start making it better quickly.

Also, somewhat disappointed that there doesn't appear to be any sort of discorporation-into-a-swarm ability. That was what I was hoping to see when I clicked on the link. It's still a good class, mind, I just think that would be cool.

bobthe6th
2012-05-19, 06:05 PM
Mandara: yep, I like to help it as best I can.
Elf stone: n oted the typo in metalic swarm and protection of the many. Will add a note to hive mind that it is 11. Is their another problem? Also with summon swarm, hungry shadows, tenachious plauge, and dark discorperation make four...

More to come