PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with skill check

Mithril Leaf
2012-05-18, 10:34 PM
So I always hear about how trivially easy it is to get absurdly high skill checks. But I could use some help pushing that to the limit. I'm a highly templated psion using several homebrew DM approved templates. The gist of that is that I currently have a +8 intelligence modifier. I am attempting to get the +25 bonus to craft(poisonmaking) needed to consistently be able to create black lotus extract with psionic minor creation. I'm currently at level one. What would be the cheapest way to boost my check up to 25 at all hours? I know it's nearly impossible without leveling, so assume that I'd want it around level 3 or 4.

TLDR: Most cost efficient way to boost a craft(poisonmaking) check to +25 24/7, assuming a +8 innate intelligence modifier.

VGLordR2
2012-05-18, 11:48 PM
Take the Item Familiar feat and Skill Focus (Craft) feats. At level four, this will get you +8 (from Int), +7 (ranks), +7 (Item Familiar), +3 (Skill Focus) for exactly 25 points. You can also buy a +4 item for 3,200 GP.

Mithril Leaf
2012-05-18, 11:56 PM
Lets say I don't feel like devoting any more feats than needed for basic poison desire. I've got a +3 from the artiste personality in my psi-crystal. Saying I buy the item, is there any way to pick up another plus 3 without feat expenditure? And if so, what would it cost? Level 5 might be a better option so I don't have to take weak feats.

Morithias
2012-05-18, 11:58 PM
+2 from masterwork tools, and +2 from an assistant aiding you. There's your +3 without feats.

Mithril Leaf
2012-05-19, 12:15 AM
Wonderful. Psicrystals can aid another on int based checks right? And hey, now I can drop my item down to a +4.

sonofzeal
2012-05-19, 02:14 AM
Marshal auras are good for optimizing skill, as well. It's easier to get Int and Cha to 20 each, than it is to get Int by itself to 30.