PDA

View Full Version : gestalt help

Azoth
2012-05-19, 06:17 AM
Hey guys and gals of the playground. I was wondering if anoyone had any ideas on a gestalt build for a druid//warlock. I know not the best powerhouse, but having all day invocations and blasts when all else fails appeals to a simpler side of me. Aside the traditional, "don't multiclass the druid side or prc out except for planar shepherd" "take natural spell at level 6" and the like...how would you build this interesting mashup?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-05-19, 06:34 AM
Replace Warlock with Dragonfire Adept, and you may be onto something.

Socratov
2012-05-19, 07:22 AM
no, keep the Warlock and get eldritch claws feat (dragon mag. 358), wildshape into a form with massive unarmed damage and activate eldritch claws and slash your way through evertything (als go hellfire warlock with 1 lvl in Naberius (or the strongheartvest souldmeld if your DM allows it)) and burn away the foes :smallamused: (every person deserves a hot meal :smallyuk:)

Private
2012-05-19, 07:24 AM
I think it is actually a pretty cool idea. Possibly go into Eldritch Disciple of your Warlock side. You could then have almost full Cleric Casting, Good EB Damage (especially if you go the Psionic Shot and Greater Psionic Shot), and your druid side would give you some powerful melee forms if you wanted to go that route.

Obviously Planar Shepherd will give you tons of power, but if it is a mid-op game, I think straight druid will be fine.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-05-19, 07:44 AM
no, keep the Warlock and get eldritch claws feat (dragon mag. 358), wildshape into a form with massive unarmed damage and activate eldritch claws and slash your way through evertything (als go hellfire warlock with 1 lvl in Naberius (or the strongheartvest souldmeld if your DM allows it)) and burn away the foes :smallamused: (every person deserves a hot meal :smallyuk:)

This actually looks like a good idea. Get a Monk's Belt for Monk 5 Unarmed Strike plus Wis to AC, you'll need a Wilding Clasp. The Eldritch Claws feat from Dragon magazine 358 lets you form 2 claws as a free action, which deal unarmed damage plus eldritch blast damage. Note that this is a feat activation and not a use of eldritch blast, so it cannot be combined with blast shapes, eldritch essences, or hellfire blast. You should also get a Lesser Rod of Extend and a Circlet of Rapid Casting (MIC) to cast Produce Flame before your full attack, which will deliver its effect every time you touch an opponent as per holding the charge on a touch spell. Throw on Fell Drain (LM) and it'll be amazing.

Socratov
2012-05-19, 07:50 AM
This actually looks like a good idea. Get a Monk's Belt for Monk 5 Unarmed Strike plus Wis to AC, you'll need a Wilding Clasp. The Eldritch Claws feat from Dragon magazine 358 lets you form 2 claws as a free action, which deal unarmed damage plus eldritch blast damage. Note that this is a feat activation and not a use of eldritch blast, so it cannot be combined with blast shapes, eldritch essences, or hellfire blast. You should also get a Lesser Rod of Extend and a Circlet of Rapid Casting (MIC) to cast Produce Flame before your full attack, which will deliver its effect every time you touch an opponent as per holding the charge on a touch spell. Throw on Fell Drain (LM) and it'll be amazing.

The icing on teh cake? You can focus purely on Wis and con, since warlock is NAD and the druid will choose his physical stats through wildshape (Con is still importaint though since it doesn't change too much things)

hex0
2012-05-20, 07:49 PM
See if you can use Prestige Ranger for the purpose of Swift Hunter and you might be on to something.