PDA

View Full Version : Determinable CR. (PF)

Dulenheim
2012-05-19, 06:41 AM
Good day,

I have been running my Kingmaker campaign quite smoothly since the last time I posted anything, and for fun I went over some details of "Mass Combat", which explains how armies work in this camp set.

This made me realize 2 things:
1- I need to give my players more races to recruit.
2- I have no idea how to calculate CR for Core Races.

Since Mass combat uses CRs a lot, I need to get this done soon.

So, let say, for the sake of example, that I have a Human Fighter Lvl5, A Kobold Fighter, also of Lvl 5. How do I determinate their CR?

Crasical
2012-05-19, 11:17 PM
Adding NPCs: Creatures whose Hit Dice are solely a factor of their class levels and not a feature of their race, such as all of the PC races detailed in Races, are factored into combats a little differently than normal monsters or monsters with class levels. A creature that possesses class levels, but does not have any racial Hit Dice, is factored in as a creature with a CR equal to its class levels –1. A creature that only possesses non-player class levels (such as a warrior or adept) is factored in as a creature with a CR equal to its class levels –2. If this reduction would reduce a creature's CR to below 1, its CR drops one step on the following progression for each step below 1 this reduction would make: 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/6, 1/8.

So a Human Fighter 5 would be CR 4, as would a Kobold Fighter 5. Kobolds have special rules that state that A kobold with NPC class levels takes a –3 penalty to its CR (rather than the normal –2 penalty), so they would be different CRs if they where Warrior 5 instead of Fighter 5, CR 3 and CR2, respectively.