PDA

View Full Version : Otyugh Hole and similar locations.

Zancrow
2012-05-19, 01:37 PM
So I am aware that you can gain Iron will and other feats via the Otyugh Hole. (Complete Scoundrel 151)

My question however is: Is there a similar way to gain mounted combat or Combat Casting ?

Starbuck_II
2012-05-19, 02:04 PM
Free metamagic feats, the Hole feats, etc but no Mounted Combat.

Heck, you can get Time stop for 5K (if you can cast 5th level spells) from the Timeless Fountain.
But no melee feats.

The Crash Man
2012-05-19, 02:09 PM
But no melee feats.

Well duh. We don't want melee having nice things, do we? Obviously anybody who wants melee feats will find the Fighter offers more than enough.

In all seriousness, I'm not an expert in locations as magical items. But I'm pretty sure a DM could homebrew something up for you.

Pay GP, access the Kentucky Derby?

Venusaur
2012-05-19, 06:26 PM
1. Go to the location
2. Dark Chaos Feat Shuffle
3. ???
4. Profit

Dusk Eclipse
2012-05-19, 06:33 PM
I think there is an item in the MIC that gives you mounted combat; but I can't recall the name and I don't have my books with me right now

Autopsibiofeeder
2012-05-19, 07:00 PM
So I am aware that you can gain Iron will and other feats via the Otyugh Hole. (Complete Scoundrel 151)

My question however is: Is there a similar way to gain mounted combat or Combat Casting ?

I am not aware of an 'official' way to obtain these feats without actually gaining a feat, but if your DM is willing to allow 'Otyugh hole', he might be willing to think along with you to allow a 'Xyz hole' to grant [Abc] feat.

Mato
2012-05-19, 09:36 PM
Min/Max (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=477.0) says there is a "Battle Bridle" in the MiC that can give Mounted Combat.

Zancrow
2012-05-20, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the help guys, that last link was very useful.

However this made me wonder about something else. when a class has spell requirements, could you just take that in the form of a magical item, rather than learning the spell itself (thinking of saving sorcerer slots)

Lostbutseeking
2012-05-20, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the help guys, that last link was very useful.

However this made me wonder about something else. when a class has spell requirements, could you just take that in the form of a magical item, rather than learning the spell itself (thinking of saving sorcerer slots)

That doesn't work unfortunately. What you can do for a sorcerer is buy a Knowstone ( dragon 333) to learn the spell.